The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: How much do you think X-Men: First Class will earn worldwide?
$0 50 million 0 0%
$50 100 million 4 6.90%
$100 150 million 10 17.24%
$150 200 million 3 5.17%
$200 250 million 5 8.62%
$250 300 million 5 8.62%
$300 350 million 4 6.90%
$350 400 million 14 24.14%
$400 450 million 6 10.34%
$450 500 million 5 8.62%
$500+ million 2 3.45%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2011, 06:28 AM   #76
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Default Re: The Official X-Men: First Class Box Office Discussion Thread! - Part 2

I hope the DVD of XFC will earn at least US$50 million.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:56 AM   #77
Electrix
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official X-Men: First Class Box Office Discussion Thread! - Part 2

There's no direct quote confirming the sequel, but it looks promising.

Quote:
Efforts by 20th Century Fox, owned by the News Corporation, to restart its “X-Men” and “Planet of the Apes” franchises were particularly impressive. Fox took creative risks with “X-Men: First Class” and “Rise of the Planet of the Apes,” and it was rewarded with hits that will spawn sequels.

“The lesson for us is that different and original is always hard and always a risk but has great upside,” said Tom Rothman, co-chairman of Fox Filmed Entertainment. “While both of those films had genetic material in common with their original franchises, both were very, very original pieces.” Notably, “First Class” and “Rise” received some of the summer’s best reviews.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/05/bu...ewanted=1&_r=1

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:38 AM   #78
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
There's no direct quote confirming the sequel, but it looks promising.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/05/bu...ewanted=1&_r=1
Awesome, thanks for that Electrix. Totally MMD.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #79
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Definitely sounds promising. I'm happy that FOX took some chances and believe that it paid off. There was always a little fear that the numbers First Class achieved would spur them on in the opposite direction. Hopefully we'll never see another XO:W again.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:14 AM   #80
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Definitely sounds promising. I'm happy that FOX took some chances and believe that it paid off. There was always a little fear that the numbers First Class achieved would spur them on in the opposite direction. Hopefully we'll never see another XO:W again.
I think there was a lot of fear, actually. Especially considering how mum they've been on the whole thing.

I think we may just see another Wolverine, in the form of Wolverine 2. Despite how much I loathed XOW, when I learned that the director behind Black Swan would be helming W2 I was definitely interested. But now the director and the screenwriter have changed and production keeps getting pushed back and it just seems like a sign. They're gambling with W2 because though the first one made money it was poorly received by audiences and reviewers alike, and those same people may not be so keen on watching them screw up another Wolvy movie. But with "Second Class" they know they've revived interest in the series and a sequel would definitely make way more money, perhaps even become the highest-grossing X-Men film. To me it's a no-brainer, but I'm sure there are a lot of politics going on at FOX that make it way more complicated. :/

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #81
chaseter
Bland User

HAHA I knew somehow Tom Rothman would squirm his way into this.

chaseter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:36 PM   #82
the a1ant
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
I agree. Hopefully they've learned from past mistakes.

Last edited by the a1ant; 09-07-2011 at 02:09 PM.
the a1ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:45 PM   #83
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

X-Men first Class took them back to X-Men and X2 days.We are almost certainly getting a
first Class sequel.Now let's hope the rewrites to the Wolverine aren't too major.

The bigger question now Is how much longer after The Wolverine will we get a full X-Men
film.I certently am looking forward to The Wolverine but I really waiting for another full
X Team film.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:56 AM   #84
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
X-Men first Class took them back to X-Men and X2 days.We are almost certainly getting a
first Class sequel.Now let's hope the rewrites to the Wolverine aren't too major.

The bigger question now Is how much longer after The Wolverine will we get a full X-Men
film.I certently am looking forward to The Wolverine but I really waiting for another full
X Team film.
2 years is very possible if FOX rushes it again.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:09 AM   #85
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm far more interested in a X-Men: First Class sequel than anymore solo wolverine movies.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Avvy by Kane

Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:33 AM   #86
cronosred
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I'm far more interested in a X-Men: First Class sequel than anymore solo wolverine movies.
Wolverine used to be one of my favorite characters but as of now I have zero interest in another solo movie.

cronosred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #87
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Intresting tibit comparing first Class to other superhero films.Thor bear X-men both
domesticly and overseas.But while Captain america beat first Class at States(with
174 million to First Class's 146 Million) overseas first Class did better(206 Million VS
Cap's 186 Million)

And of course X-men beat Green Lantern.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote