The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Current RPG Games and How to Make Your Own

Welcome to the RPG's

If you're interested in joining the Hype RPG games, or even creating your own, this thread is for you.


This first post will list all currently running games with a brief description of each.

The second post explains how you can apply to make your own game.

The third post provides a nice rundown of rules and links to helpful pages our RPG community has created.

Feel free to explore, ask questions, and indulge your curiosity.



The Games


Long term games:

The World of Heroes DC RPG Season IX
The main DC Universe game split off from DC comics continuity after Our Worlds FAt War

The All-Star Marvel RPG: Season 2.0
An Ultimate version of the Marvel Universe with player created origins and continuity

One Universe RPG Season V
A game where the DC and Marvel Universes are blended into one from the start of time

The New Ultimate DC RPG Season II
An All-Star version of the DC Universe with player created origins and continuity

Star Wars Episode VIII: Rise of the Empire
The Star Wars universe, picking up five years after the events of Return of the Jedi

The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III
Player created universe of original heroes and villainsY

One Universe: Independents Edition Season I
A game where the Indie comic universe (non-DC and non-Marvel) are blended into one from the start of time


Short term games:
A
Ballad of Saints (closed to new players)
Fantasy-based game where players band together to stop an oncoming threat.

Hype Horrors 3: Comic-Condemned (closed to new players)
Murder mystery game where one of the players is killing the others, and they must figure out who using the clues left behind before they're the next victim

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.

Last edited by wiegeabo; 08-11-2011 at 09:21 PM.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: Current RPG Games and How to Make Your Own

Creating a game


Currently, we're only accepting short term games that will last only a single season over a period of a few weeks to a few months. If your game is successful, you can apply for another season. And, if the premise of the game fits, we'll consider putting it on the long term game list where no further applications are needed for each season.


Create a new thread for your game in the Hype RPG Games Approval Forum with the following RPG Application

Name of the new RPG: T

Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master:


Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?:

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen:

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?:

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer).
H
What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences):

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose:

Example Of Characters Application:


Additional items needed if applicable to type of game

Classes within RPG (if applicable):

Character Races within RPG (if Applicable):

Power layout of the game (powers for classes, races, age, height, etc):



Once you have at least 8 interested players, your game will be added to our monthly vote on which short term game will be the next to be accepted. Y

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.

Last edited by wiegeabo; 08-11-2011 at 09:22 PM.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: Current RPG Games and How to Make Your Own

Rules based on stuff we discussed in the last round of rule development. I probably left a bunch out. So remind me what I'm missing.

Rules of the Games
  • General Rules
    • PG-13: Nothing against SuperheroHype! Forum rules
    • No by-passing the SHH censors
    • No flaming
    • No multiple screen names
    • Players can be in no more than 5 different games at a time without approval of the GMs
    • Don't play like this is a fanfiction
  • Game Rules
    • Character Specific games are not allowed
    • Games need one Game Master and at least 2 Assistant GMs
    • New games will not be approved without an application thread
    • New games will not be approved without at least 8 interested players
    • One new game will be approved each month in a vote by the players
    • First come, first serve in applying for characters
    • Don't 'bunny' without permissionR
  • Be Courteous
    • Please be respectful towards each other
    • Respect each others creative property
    • Players, Respect your Gamemaster
    • Gamemasters, Respect your Players
    • Respect your Game
    • Have Fun!

Terminology I
  • Bunny - using another player's character
  • IC - In Character posting
  • OOC - Out Of Character posting
  • NPC - Non Player Character
  • PC - Player Character
  • GM - Gamemaster, game moderator and authority
  • AGM - Assistant Gamemaster, assistant to the GM

Helpful Resources

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.

Last edited by wiegeabo; 08-11-2011 at 09:23 PM.
wiegeabo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.