The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #26
GhostPoet
Side-Kick

Default Re: Revenge of the Rise of the Planet of the Apes

I'm all for Revenge of Planet of the Apes. It's got that pulp feel to it.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #27
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Of The

Old 08-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #28
rayc1971
Side-Kick

hope they dont just do a straight up remake of planet of the apes with taylor until the 3rd one really like the story of ceasar

Old 08-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #29
steintym
Stay Frosty

Awesome news - I left the movie hoping for some sequels.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #30
jdogg willie
Side-Kick

The last scene where the pilot, infected with the virus, passes it on from human to human until the whole world's homo-sapian population is infected is a somewhat good plot for the sequel

Old 11-09-2011, 10:40 PM   #31
Gabe99
Side-Kick

DEADLINE EXCLUSIVE:Andy Serkis Closes Big ‘Planet Of The Apes’ Deal; Should Fox Campaign For Oscar?
Quote:
UPDATE: Fox informs me that the studio will wage an Oscar campaign for Andy Serkis for Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE FLEMING
When Rise of the Planet of the Apes‘s $453 million worldwide gross was listed as a bright spot in the quarterly earnings of beleaguered NewsCorp, you know a sequel is a big 20th Century Fox priority. So who did the studio lock in first? No, it wasn’t James Franco or Freida Pinto. The studio just closed what I’m told is a healthy seven-figure deal for Andy Serkis to reprise his role as lead ape Caesar. Serkis had only signed on for one movie, so his reps had leverage in ensuring that he come back to continue leading the ape takeover in multiple future installments of the series.

Director Rupert Wyatt’s original deal came with a sequel option, so he’s locked. So are screenwriters Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver, who are producing with Chernin Entertainment’s Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark. The studio is still in the idea stage and the sequel hasn’t been dated for release. As for Franco and Pinto, those decisions will likely be made when the direction of the film crystallizes. The studio certainly has the leverage there; the clever construct of the first film ended with a wallop that makes everyone expendable.

In his quiet way, the chameleonic Serkis has proven to be a valuable commodity in three CG-driven franchises, and he’s being paid quite well for all of them. Serkis had no options for The Hobbit from The Lord of the Rings, and received a windfall payday to reprise his Gollum character in the two films. Serkis has wrapped his acting work on those films, but continues as Peter Jackson’s second unit director. Serkis does have an option deal for the sequel to the Steven Spielberg-directed The Adventures of Tin Tin, and will reprise as Captain Haddock in the sequel that Peter Jackson is scheduled to direct next year.

The big question is whether Fox should break ground and campaign for an Oscar for Serkis’s work in Rise of the Planet of the Apes. That notion was explored in the press when the film was released last summer. Serkis certainly lent a sense of humanity to Caesar and grounded the film. Academy voters haven’t yet paid much attention to actors behind CG performance capture creations, though. Serkis could have been nominated for his groundbreaking work in The Lord of the Rings, and was ignored. He’s repped by Lou Coulson in the UK and Principal Entertainment.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #32
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

I'm happy to hear that a sequel is in the works.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #33
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

How about this for a title: Ceasar and the Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:47 PM   #34
kickass
Side-Kick

Why couldn't they have just called it Rise of the Apes to begin with? Rise OF THE Planet OF THE Apes is not easy on the tongue. It's too long and repetitive.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:47 AM   #35
Monsieur Xavier
Guild Steersman

AFAIC, I don't care about movies titles as long as the content is good.
Never judge a book by its cover and a movie by its title or poster.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:40 AM   #36
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Glad to hear the director and Serkis are back, they were essential to the first movies success, I would like to see Franco and Pinto back also, they need to be killed off at some point but I wouldnt mind another full film with them in until that happens.

I have a feeling Caesar and Koba may have big parts to play in the sequel.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 11-10-2011, 12:00 PM   #37
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass View Post
Why couldn't they have just called it Rise of the Apes to begin with? Rise OF THE Planet OF THE Apes is not easy on the tongue. It's too long and repetitive.
No more of a mouthful than most of the old films

Escape from the

Conquest of the

Battle for the

Old 11-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #38
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

Planet of the Apes is a brand and it would get more recognition with Planet of the Apes in the title then just Rise of the Apes.

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, we're all gonna die. Come watch TV. -Morty Smith
Old 11-10-2011, 12:50 PM   #39
humbdrumb
The Deluxe Version

I think this new Apes trilogy has the potential to be the Star Wars/LOTR of this decade. Absolutely cannot wait for the sequel.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:16 AM   #40
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Coming Soon Exclusive:
Fox Will Try to Get Wyatt & Vaughn Back for Apes Sequels

Old 11-29-2011, 04:59 AM   #41
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Delighted that Fox are doing this, Apes and FC were two of the best movies of this year and they need to be followed up on and with the people who made them good in the first place. Hope they get both Vaughn and Wyatt signed up asap.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 11-29-2011, 08:47 AM   #42
joypride
Side-Kick

hope Andrew serkis will be back... bcoz tis is his movie more than wyatt or franco's

Old 11-29-2011, 10:32 AM   #43
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"

I thought he was already signed on.

"After they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began"
Old 12-14-2011, 01:50 AM   #44
Gabe99
Side-Kick

From Bleeding Cool:
Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes’ Director On Koba’s Possible Role In Sequel

Old 12-14-2011, 03:08 AM   #45
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

The Critics choices Awards nominated Serkis for best supporting actor.

We'll see how this plays out with the other award shows.

His work is great, absolutely but its different than normal acting. That's not a value judgment at all just a fact.

The Academy awarded the first Planet of the Apes with special recognition for the makeup work. I think it would be extremely fitting if they honored Serkis's work in a similar way rather than nominating him for an award that even if nominated I really don't think he has a chance at winning.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:13 AM   #46
Boom
I got nothin'

Retitle it Revenge of the Apes plz.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:21 AM   #47
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Retitle it Revenge of the Apes plz.
Even if they do use Revenge you can bet your ass that "Planet of the" will be in the middle of it. It's just the naming convention for this series. Revenge of the Planet of the Apes at least sounds better than Rise did and its no more clunky than any of the old films.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:34 AM   #48
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I think it depends on the content of the sequel, no point putting revenge in there if revenge isnt a focus in the film. In all honesty, what would the apes take revenge on? So lets see how it plays out before naming the movie with a title that has nothing to do with the story.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:54 AM   #49
Jordacar
The Endless One

I'm surprised to hear that the writers envisioned this as a trilogy, because I thought Rise was an amazing stand-alone film.

I can imagine things having gone differently for that film, like if it had underperformed at the BO and people dismissed it as being too cerebral for a mainstream summer audience, and then it would get dug up years later and lauded as an under-appreciated masterpiece.

But thankfully, it was a success. And yay for Fox spending money on smart movies for a change.

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #50
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^I think it depends on the content of the sequel, no point putting revenge in there if revenge isnt a focus in the film. In all honesty, what would the apes take revenge on? So lets see how it plays out before naming the movie with a title that has nothing to do with the story.
Well yeah, I was just stating that whatever they go with they aren't going to drop "Planet of the"

Closed Thread