The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 08-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #26
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Default Re: Would you like to see trademark Superman scenes or original scenes?

I guess they could do that but show that he doesn't feel right speaking like that

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #27
November Rain
Single Mother

the end flight and credits are the only thigns that have to remain, I can't believe we didn't get one in smallville, i felt completely violated

the rest i'm open to have completely change around if they see fit.

November Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:01 PM   #28
wspsupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Shirt rip nod, but not an actual homage. Perhaps he's about to rip his shirt and decides not to.

On second thought. No. None. Make a great movie, and don't spend any time being cute or not taking it dead serious. When you do those kinds of things you take people out of the film, and that's not a good idea, especially for a character that requires so much suspension of disbelief.

No traditional scenes please. Redo everything. When his shirt comes off, it should be in the most badass way possible. My favorite idea right now is in a fire, and his clothes just burn off and ash away to reveal the uniform. He should chuck a phone booth at Zod and try to shove it down his throat. People should be running in the streets screaming "It's a plane! It's a plane!" right before Superman sweeps in to catch it.

No cuteness please.
Don't forget...this isn't a nod to the Chris Reeve version, this is a nod to superman the character, who has been ripping his shirt since before Reeve was born. Shirt rip>I vote yes.

wspsupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #29
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Well, one, it's a nod to *something* so I'm against it in general, and furthermore, it will be perceived as a nod to Reeve, which is a problem. I could go for the more Hulk Hogan-ish rip I guess. Just crank it up instead of giving us anything that could be perceived as 'the same old superman.'

DrCosmic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #30
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Old 08-16-2011, 05:30 PM   #31
wspsupes
Side-Kick

I don't want the same ol' Superman movie either. I wanna see a punch thrown just as much as everyone else. But there are certain things that make the character unique and that set him apart from other comic book characters. Certain things that make Supes as identifable and as well known as historical figures--not only in the US but around the globe. Those things I still want in there. Otherwise, they may as well make a movie about a rampaging superhuman, slap a Superman costume on the guy and call it Man of Steel. I am a firm believer that they can make Supes relevant and give us something new, while keeping his core characteristics firmly intact.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:38 PM   #32
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wspsupes View Post
I don't want the same ol' Superman movie either. I wanna see a punch thrown just as much as everyone else. But there are certain things that make the character unique and that set him apart from other comic book characters. Certain things that make Supes as identifable and as well known as historical figures--not only in the US but around the globe. Those things I still want in there. Otherwise, they may as well make a movie about a rampaging superhuman, slap a Superman costume on the guy and call it Man of Steel. I am a firm believer that they can make Supes relevant and give us something new, while keeping his core characteristics firmly intact.
I firmly agree with you. There are certain things that Donner took from the comics and put in his movie that people will associate with the Chris Reeve films instead of the character Superman himself and they won't want to see those things in this movie but I think they are important to have

Old 08-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #33
GreenKToo
In the fire

Shirt rips a given. I was trying to think of a way they could do it thats never been seen on film..Maybe have the tornado take him as Clark, his clothes get ripped off by the debris and winds, and all thats left is Superman, suit and all.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #34
wspsupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I firmly agree with you. There are certain things that Donner took from the comics and put in his movie that people will associate with the Chris Reeve films instead of the character Superman himself and they won't want to see those things in this movie but I think they are important to have
Exactly. If I expect one cliche' to be in the movie it's the shirt rip. The phone booth-for example-is outdated and even Donner gave somewhat of an outdated nod to that back in '78. I don't want lines to be repeated from any of the movies at all. Not even sure if I want the bumbling Clark--even though it works so well and distinguishes a perfect foil--Reeve just did it too well and anything in that direction would be perceived as a fail or copy.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #35
wspsupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Exactly. If I expect one cliche' to be in the movie it's the shirt rip. The phone booth-for example-is outdated and even Donner gave somewhat of an outdated nod to that back in '78. I don't want lines to be repeated from any of the movies at all. Not even sure if I want the bumbling Clark--even though it works so well and distinguishes a perfect foil--Reeve just did it too well and anything in that direction would be perceived as a fail or copy.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #36
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Clark needs to have a better way of throwing people off to the fact he's Superman besides combing his hair different and wearing glasses. For Dean Cain that in my eyes was a major fail...

Old 08-16-2011, 06:03 PM   #37
wspsupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Clark needs to have a better way of throwing people off to the fact he's Superman besides combing his hair different and wearing glasses. For Dean Cain that in my eyes was a major fail...
How about Clark as a Paraplegic....or even a Verbal Kint/Kaiser Soze limp.......Hey...his name is Kint.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:05 PM   #38
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

put a wig on, wear glasses, walk with the limp, speak with a snarl and wear a pirate eye patch with the skull and cross bones...nobody would EVER guess he's Superman

Old 08-16-2011, 06:37 PM   #39
wspsupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
put a wig on, wear glasses, walk with the limp, speak with a snarl and wear a pirate eye patch with the skull and cross bones...nobody would EVER guess he's Superman
There ya go. Hopefully in our case, just a better actor than Dean Cain will suffice.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #40
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Dean was pretty lacking in the Superman and Clark department. I think Clark should be an ace reporter. BUT you don't have to be assertive to do so. You can be quite and humble. That's how you can connect to the person you're speaking to. If you try to assert yourself and you make them feel uncomfortable, then you're not a very good reporter at all.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #41
wspsupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Dean was pretty lacking in the Superman and Clark department. I think Clark should be an ace reporter. BUT you don't have to be assertive to do so. You can be quite and humble. That's how you can connect to the person you're speaking to. If you try to assert yourself and you make them feel uncomfortable, then you're not a very good reporter at all.

Exactly. I believe there was one instance in Birthright(?) where he was assertive for one second to Perry White and learned then and there he had to be quiet and humble.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:28 PM   #42
Ruthmarks
Side-Kick

Quote:
Superman without a shirt rip just isn't Superman. Unless, of course, you guys are happy with it being linked more to Spider-Man.

Ruthmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:56 AM   #43
Superman_200
Superman

The best homage that they can do to the other films is to do their own movie. To pay homage to another film, you do not have reference the movie. They can pay their homage to the film by treating the actual character with respect. Do with this movie what they did not do with the other movies. Treat the character seriously. No offense to anyone's religion, but if someone can take very seriously a character that may walk on water, on raise the dead, talking snakes, virgins giving birth, etc. then I would hope that this character could be treated seriously as well.

No one seems to be making fun of a particular God in films, whether it be a Christian God or a Muslim God, etc. so, treat Superman with the same respect. Do not have saying cheesy lines or acting like a buffoon. Treat him with respect.

A classic scene may be included, as long as it is not a ridiculous one. The shirt rip is okay because it can be done without being ridiculous, but there is no need to remind the viewers how flimsy the glasses disguise truly is for example.

Superman_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:00 AM   #44
AnorexicBatman
Side-Kick

#1 Clark Kent MUST be smart. Like he's the best journalist and Lois's rival. Jimmy ping pongs between the two as a freelance photographer (Lol Peter Parker). But Clark shouldn't be sneaky while Lois feels comfortable with underhanded means.

#2 Take some cues from the animated series. And stuff like Birthright & Superman for All Seasons. Smallvile is fine but only if Clark & Lex had a past history. I liked that angle.

Raditz had triggered a memory that Vegeta wished never existed. He grabbed Raditz by his neck, lifted him up a good few feet off the ground and slammed his body into the large metallic wall behind them, paying no heed to his cries of mercy and slowly tightening his grip, “DON’T YOU EVER! REMIND ME OF THAT AGAIN!!”
AnorexicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #45
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnorexicBatman View Post
#1 Clark Kent MUST be smart. Like he's the best journalist and Lois's rival. Jimmy ping pongs between the two as a freelance photographer (Lol Peter Parker)
I think that is by far one of the most important changes they must make from the original Christopher Reeve movies. Clark Kent should be a nice guy, but smart. He does not have to be cool, but he certainly should be a guy that is smart. He can be a nerd, that is okay, but a nerd like a professor that you may have had, or a doctor that you may know. Not nerd that is such a geek that you go home after work and say "Hey, you know, I work with this idiot, Clark, he is such a moron. He stutters, trips over his own shoelaces, he says 'swell', he faints, he has asthma, and he is always in the way! He even gets stuck in revolving doors! What a moron! How was your day?"

Superman_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #46
NADALWON
Side-Kick

Quote:
How about Clark as a Paraplegic....or even a Verbal Kint/Kaiser Soze limp.......Hey...his name is Kint.
I agree, paraplegic or something equally as hindering. That would actually be the type of thing a person in Superman's situation could use as a disguise if this was real life. Something that actually makes Clark physically incapable of being accused of being Superman (unless people assume he's faking the wheelchair of course). Or, Clark can walk with a limp and walking stick.

NADALWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #47
wspsupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NADALWON View Post
I agree, paraplegic or something equally as hindering. That would actually be the type of thing a person in Superman's situation could use as a disguise if this was real life. Something that actually makes Clark physically incapable of being accused of being Superman (unless people assume he's faking the wheelchair of course). Or, Clark can walk with a limp and walking stick.
I believe it would add a new dimension to being able to tell new stories....especially in the comics.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #48
NADALWON
Side-Kick

Quote:
I believe it would add a new dimension to being able to tell new stories....especially in the comics.
Definitely, and also inspires handicapped people maybe. Although it is hard to know what they'll think of it - might be criticized for replacing 'bumbling nerdy Clark' with a disability. Either way, I hope they do use an idea like this. There are several handicaps (or illnesses) to choose from.

NADALWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #49
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Clark should fake Irritable Syndrome, good excuse why he would run off all the time. And, it'll be funny to see

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #50
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Exactly. I believe there was one instance in Birthright(?) where he was assertive for one second to Perry White and learned then and there he had to be quiet and humble.
I think so...I'll go back and look