The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 08-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #76
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Default Re: Would you like to see trademark Superman scenes or original scenes?

I want to see Cavill change into the suit while flying down the side of a building. Kind of like in the old movies where he's flying down the side and automatically appears in the suit between frames. But I want see him ripping off the shirt with the wind hitting his face and the cape loosening up and blowing behind him.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #77
CaptainSpunk
Side-Kick

Personally I dont think it will take Lois that long to figure out Clark is Superman. And Clark should have Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

CaptainSpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #78
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
I want to see Cavill change into the suit while flying down the side of a building. Kind of like in the old movies where he's flying down the side and automatically appears in the suit between frames. But I want see him ripping off the shirt with the wind hitting his face and the cape loosening up and blowing behind him.
That sounds pretty cool...I can see it in my mind now.

And I'd like for them to keep the "Kneel before Zod" line

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #79
Superman_200
Superman

In reference to the "Kneel before Zod suggestions:

I don't want to see another superhero movie with the obligatory evil villain who is out to rule the Earth. Of course, no one ever seems to know what an alien would want with ruling over a lower life form, but they seem to enjoy it. I want Zod to be on a personal vendetta against Superman. Not on Earth to rule, and make people bow, kneel, sit, roll over and play dead for him. His only interest should be that which is Kryptonian. He is superior to us.

He shouldn't want to rule us because it is sort of like if a human went to a planet populated by dogs or kittens, and wanted to be the ultimate kitten master or something. We can't do anything for Zod that he can't do himself really. So I think he should be after the last of the "El" family and Superman's craft and technology. Not here by chance just to rule and tell people to kneel. So, no on any references to "Kneeling before Zod, the ruler of Houston" or any other nods to a movie that was great in its time. Its a Superman movie, and Zod is in it again. I don't think the old movies need any more of a nod than that.

Superman_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:35 PM   #80
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Honestly some people just want power over others whether that person is weaker or stronger. It's not about what they can do for you, it's about having authority and power over others. And if he is on a vendetta against Superman then he most certainly would want Superman to kneel in allegiance to him and swear his loyalty or else face being killed or imprisoned himself

Old 08-19-2011, 01:49 PM   #81
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Honestly some people just want power over others whether that person is weaker or stronger. It's not about what they can do for you, it's about having authority and power over others. And if he is on a vendetta against Superman then he most certainly would want Superman to kneel in allegiance to him and swear his loyalty or else face being killed or imprisoned himself
I understand some people are like that, but he is superior to us in every way. It wouldn't be like a one-eyed-man in the valley of the blind. It would be more like a God among ants. I think his vendetta should be against Superman, and of course to kill and destroy anything that Superman cares about. About destroying any home of the "El" family. I don't want to see a Zod that wants Superman to be his slave, or be loyal to him because kneeling could just be a meaningless act, like King Leonidas kneeling in front of Xerxes only to be betrayed. I think Zod should be able to anticipate something like that. I think Zod's main objective should be to make Superman suffer, psychologically and physically, and to kill him.

Zod should be I think more Hannibal Lector. More evil, threatening, he should be more like a terror, an unstoppable force and less Emperor, Ruler, King, etc. I like that a lot about the Joker in the Nolan film. That Joker was an agent of chaos. Just a mad dog. He didn't want money, he didn't want to rule. He just wants to kill for fun, to savor all those little moments that he talks aobut.

I want a Zod that is truly a villain.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:25 PM   #82
mbnasir6
Side-Kick

Originality. New movie needs new scenes. I would rather they pay homage/mimic things from Smallville rather than STM because its modern.

mbnasir6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #83
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman_200 View Post
I understand some people are like that, but he is superior to us in every way. It wouldn't be like a one-eyed-man in the valley of the blind. It would be more like a God among ants. I think his vendetta should be against Superman, and of course to kill and destroy anything that Superman cares about. About destroying any home of the "El" family. I don't want to see a Zod that wants Superman to be his slave, or be loyal to him because kneeling could just be a meaningless act, like King Leonidas kneeling in front of Xerxes only to be betrayed. I think Zod should be able to anticipate something like that. I think Zod's main objective should be to make Superman suffer, psychologically and physically, and to kill him.

Zod should be I think more Hannibal Lector. More evil, threatening, he should be more like a terror, an unstoppable force and less Emperor, Ruler, King, etc. I like that a lot about the Joker in the Nolan film. That Joker was an agent of chaos. Just a mad dog. He didn't want money, he didn't want to rule. He just wants to kill for fun, to savor all those little moments that he talks aobut.

I want a Zod that is truly a villain.
I see what you're saying but there is a big difference between Zod and The Joker

Old 08-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #84
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

I would really like to see a scene similar to the one in Superman/Batman Apocalypse, where Darkseid attacks Clark in Smallville and his clothes burn and reveal the Superman costume.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Dark_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #85
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Joker and Zod are opposites.

Zod is a tyrant and the Joker is an anarchist.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #86
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

A couple of nods are fine, but done differently. I thought Planet of the Apes did a great job of giving some nods to past efforts but staying original.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #87
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbnasir6 View Post
Originality. New movie needs new scenes. I would rather they pay homage/mimic things from Smallville rather than STM because its modern.
Hah! If there was ever more proof that modern doesn't automatically mean quality.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #88
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

let's stay as far away from Smallville as possible

Old 08-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #89
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

A cheap show on a smaller network, kinda hard to include that for modern film imo.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #90
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Zod should possess a silver tongue. A gift of leader speech and well hidden lies.

Zod shouldn't be like how Stamp was and want to rule in however matter, etc.

He should assess, like a good General should, how he's going to takeover the planet. He wanted to takeover Krypton and failed, so Earth is second chance. Zod wants power and control, and he's willing to kill for it, like on Krypton.

But I never liked how in SMII, he took over Earth...and was bored with it...how interesting :/

Zod should definitely have more of a speech going in this...gaining followers the old fashioned way, not by brute force. He could play on Superman's want of helping the world, something like
"Look at what they're doing to you, Kal-El. You try to help them, you dedicate your very existence to saving them...and they spit in your face. They want to kill you...just because you want to save them. We should join together...create the perfect world that we both want, that will benefit all of mankind. They may be ungrateful to you now, but with my help, we can save them all"

Zod should definitely lie and trick Supes into thinking his Kryptonian leadership over mankind is for the best.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:30 PM   #91
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

I think if they are going to add any new powers, then Superman should take a cue from Ghost Rider.

Yeah, that's right. HEAT PISS.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Hair (2016)
Hair League for Men (2017)
Wonder Woman's Styling Tips (2018)
Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

The Dark Knight Glazes (2019)
Rowsdower! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #92
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I see what you're saying but there is a big difference between Zod and The Joker

I don't mean the same, but I mean in the sense that neither one of them should care about being worshiped. I think Zod should be like I said, more Hannibal Lector and less Xerxes. The kind of villain that an audience would take seriously. A guy like Xerxes is expected to loose. But Hannibal Lector? It could go either way with him. I want Zod to be less like say, the Zod who wants people to kneel and more like the villain that wants revenge. More of a angry force of nature than the more sophisticated tyrant that just wants to rule. I want a more deadly villain, not a power hungry Zod. It makes me think he has a God complex.

Old 08-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #93
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I want to see Zod tell the people of Earth that if they don't obey him then he will kill them...follow my rule or die

Old 08-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #94
juggle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthmarks View Post
Superman without a shirt rip just isn't Superman. Unless, of course, you guys are happy with it being linked more to Spider-Man.

juggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:17 PM   #95
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

I want to see a shirt rip or two, along with a fly-by at the end of the movie. These are not Donner nods. They are Superman moments.

However, I would not be displeased with a "Kneel before Zod!"

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
RetrogradeOrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #96
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

I don't want the fly by. It's cheesy and i'm quite happy to leave that one in the past.

I do want to see a shirt rip. It's just sort of part of the character for me. Clark hears trouble nearby, his hand goes straight to his tie, he loosens it, and the shirt rips open... it's just how it's done

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #97
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
I don't want the fly by. It's cheesy and i'm quite happy to leave that one in the past.

I do want to see a shirt rip. It's just sort of part of the character for me. Clark hears trouble nearby, his hand goes straight to his tie, he loosens it, and the shirt rips open... it's just how it's done
I agree. If there is one thing that should be done is the shirt rip because its' just the way a shirt usually comes off, except it starts at the top, but I don't care if it starts at the top. What else would he take off first anyway?

Old 08-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #98
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Where's one...some may consider it campy but I think it would be a nice throwback, but what about including the line,"This looks like a job for SUPERMAN!"

Old 08-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #99
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman_200 View Post
I agree. If there is one thing that should be done is the shirt rip because its' just the way a shirt usually comes off, except it starts at the top, but I don't care if it starts at the top. What else would he take off first anyway?
Exactly... what else they gonna do. Have the spectacular 'shirt unbuttoning' scene

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #100
Sherlock Holmes
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
Exactly... what else they gonna do. Have the spectacular 'shirt unbuttoning' scene
It will be in slow motion as he leaps into the air to fly off.

Sherlock Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote