The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Henry Cavill As Superman
Love It 145 64.73%
Hate It 3 1.34%
I'll Deal With It 20 8.93%
Remains To Be Seen 56 25.00%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #26
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick
 
WarriorDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Writersland
Posts: 1,543
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

I think with Cavill they're going for a tougher Superman and maybe a more manly Superman.

Routh looked so young in the role, maybe they want a MAN this time around, not a boy.

His hair looks alright to me, it'd be better if it wasn't so curly though.

WarriorDreamer is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #27
Zachhelms
Word.
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Good Ole South
Posts: 320
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIncredibleSk View Post
Routh to me looks like Boy-Scout Superman. Cavill looks like BAD-ASS Superman.
Completely agree. Routh looked like a clean-cut, preppy, 20 year old playing Superman.

Zachhelms is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #28
The Red Hood
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 442
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

This looks like Superman to me. And as for a "bad ass" Superman, go look for a Marvelized rip-off version of Superman (Sentry is one) for that "interpretation."




The Red Hood is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #29
TheIncredibleSk
Hard hitting opinions.
 
TheIncredibleSk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 4,114
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

This is bad ass Superman. Routh was not this....By a mile.

TheIncredibleSk is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 07:13 PM   #30
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations
 
GoblinWhirlwind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Land of the '3 Suns'
Posts: 9,449
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

Routh has some weird almost droopy old man pecs... do some push ups, man.

No wonder his chest looked thin in SR.


__________________
"James told me there's an old saying here on Earth: "May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."
Not sure if Turian heaven is the same as yours, but if this thing goes sideways
and we both end up there... meet me at the bar."


- Garrus

GoblinWhirlwind is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #31
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,208
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

and great use of a pic several years after returns lol

thats like me using his as a proof why cavill does'nt look manly lol

Project862006 is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #32
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator
 
FilmNerdJamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Between the Moon, New York City & your sister
Posts: 8,205
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

Hmmm? What's that?

This is a Henry Cavill IS Superman thread, you say? Why yes, we shouldn't turn this into a "Cavill V. Routh" argument. Yes, I agree. Getting back to the subject of said thread is the better idea.

__________________
FilmNerdJamie is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 07:21 PM   #33
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations
 
GoblinWhirlwind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Land of the '3 Suns'
Posts: 9,449
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

I agree... let's stick to Cavill. I just couldn't let him go undefended.

__________________
"James told me there's an old saying here on Earth: "May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."
Not sure if Turian heaven is the same as yours, but if this thing goes sideways
and we both end up there... meet me at the bar."


- Garrus

GoblinWhirlwind is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #34
wspsupes
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ark>GA>Jackson, WY
Posts: 126
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

Cavill IS the JIM LEE Supes.


Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 08-17-2011 at 07:28 PM.
wspsupes is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #35
GoblinWhirlwind
Calibrations
 
GoblinWhirlwind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Land of the '3 Suns'
Posts: 9,449
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

I always thought Cavill looked like Jose Luis Garcia Lopez's Superman... can't find anything good on Google image though.

edit: Found one


__________________
"James told me there's an old saying here on Earth: "May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."
Not sure if Turian heaven is the same as yours, but if this thing goes sideways
and we both end up there... meet me at the bar."


- Garrus

GoblinWhirlwind is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 07:33 PM   #36
wspsupes
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ark>GA>Jackson, WY
Posts: 126
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

Bernie Wrightson:



wspsupes is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 07:44 PM   #37
--Zero-Ethic--
Side-Kick
 
--Zero-Ethic--'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 450
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

Anyway, has any interviewer or journalist gotten a chance to speak to Cavill since the costume was revealed??
I'd love to know what his reaction was.

__________________
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards.

..Checkmate!"
--Zero-Ethic-- is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 07:50 PM   #38
SUPERSEBAS
Side-Kick
 
SUPERSEBAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,069
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

Any actor who play superman, if doesn´t have the classic hair superman style with the S curl, is not suerman for me, just a person with a costume.

I hope snyder give to Cavill the classical hair style.


SUPERSEBAS is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #39
Matt Mortem
Perpetual Screwup
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,148
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

I'm fine with the hair he's rocking right now. Seems to look good to me

Matt Mortem is online now  
Old 08-17-2011, 07:53 PM   #40
--Zero-Ethic--
Side-Kick
 
--Zero-Ethic--'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 450
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSEBAS View Post
Any actor who play superman, if doesn´t have the classic hair superman style with the S curl, is not suerman for me, just a person with a costume.

I hope snyder give to Cavill the classical hair style.

Not to sound mean dude, but that's a pretty shallow way of thinking.
Is the curl the definable trait of the character?
If there's a panel in the comic books where Superman doesn't have a curl, do you lose interest? He isn't Superman because of the curl in his hair.

__________________
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards.

..Checkmate!"
--Zero-Ethic-- is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 08:01 PM   #41
TheIncredibleSk
Hard hitting opinions.
 
TheIncredibleSk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 4,114
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

These two are Superman just as much as Routh or Reeve.

TheIncredibleSk is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 08:01 PM   #42
--Zero-Ethic--
Side-Kick
 
--Zero-Ethic--'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 450
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

True that

__________________
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards.

..Checkmate!"
--Zero-Ethic-- is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 08:29 PM   #43
Wheels
Encore! Encore!
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Second City
Posts: 11,181
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

I would say Cavill looks like Lee Bermejo's as well

__________________
CM Punk = Best In The World

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Wheels is online now  
Old 08-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #44
tomk
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 200
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIncredibleSk View Post
These two are Superman just as much as Routh or Reeve.
I understand what you're saying. George is the man but please don't include Dean Caine in this sort of discussion. Worst Superman ever and I'd love to airbrush him from history.

tomk is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 08:42 PM   #45
TheIncredibleSk
Hard hitting opinions.
 
TheIncredibleSk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 4,114
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomk View Post
I understand what you're saying. George is the man but please don't include Dean Caine in this sort of discussion. Worst Superman ever and I'd love to airbrush him from history.
Stop drinking the . Cain is the man.

TheIncredibleSk is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #46
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy
 
DorkyFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Currently living in sanity.
Posts: 19,229
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSEBAS View Post
Any actor who play superman, if doesn´t have the classic hair superman style with the S curl, is not suerman for me, just a person with a costume.

I hope snyder give to Cavill the classical hair style.

i want him to have the curl, but not that type of hairstyle. there's a reason they're rebooting this franchise and starting from scratch and it's because they're trying to establish themselves from the Donner-verse. plus, no one wears their hair like that anymore. if they're going to incorporate the curl it should be so that the hair flows naturally into the curl, like this...


__________________
Karma: What Goes Around Comes Around: You Get What You Give: Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
<-:{=:]:[my ART thread]:[:=}:->
DorkyFresh is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #47
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Sky
Posts: 41,382
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
i want him to have the curl, but not that type of hairstyle. there's a reason they're rebooting this franchise and starting from scratch and it's because they're trying to establish themselves from the Donner-verse. plus, no one wears their hair like that anymore. if they're going to incorporate the curl it should be so that the hair flows naturally into the curl, like this...
Seems to me, they aren't stepping that far away from it

__________________

Showtime is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #48
wspsupes
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ark>GA>Jackson, WY
Posts: 126
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
i want him to have the curl, but not that type of hairstyle. there's a reason they're rebooting this franchise and starting from scratch and it's because they're trying to establish themselves from the Donner-verse. plus, no one wears their hair like that anymore. if they're going to incorporate the curl it should be so that the hair flows naturally into the curl, like this...

Must admit the hair hasn't really bothered me at all.....but THIS manip of the do is AWESOME!

wspsupes is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #49
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,271
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

New pic of HC as Clark/Superman
(Not sure if this has been posted already.)

[IMG]http://media.**************.com/images/users/gallerypictures/33337L.jpg[/IMG]

ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 08:58 PM   #50
tomk
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 200
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
i want him to have the curl, but not that type of hairstyle. there's a reason they're rebooting this franchise and starting from scratch and it's because they're trying to establish themselves from the Donner-verse. plus, no one wears their hair like that anymore. if they're going to incorporate the curl it should be so that the hair flows naturally into the curl, like this...

That's one of the best manips I've ever seen. The curl should come from his hair falling over his forehead when he's up to super stuff, not look like it's cemented there.

tomk is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.