Meh, I Can Deal With It 7 10.29%
I Don't Like It At All 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 12:42 PM   #26
Blue Sugar
Banned User

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

As more of a movie-buff than a comic-book fanboy I love when they go against comic accuracy in adaptions of characters and stories. Makes things more interesting, fresh and dynamic. Amy Adams looks gorgeous in these pics and I loved her in The Fighter (decent movie) so I'm totally confident in her as Lois.

Not that I don't love comic-books and so but for me it started with great comic-book movies and then I ventured into the comic-book world. A different point of view I guess so I respect different opinions here.

But still if going by that I should consider Lois Lane with dark hair and a white Perry since "Superman the Movie" and Donnerverse is what started my Superman fandom. But I actually love these choices of style because it seperates itself from the past. It would be sooooo boring with a plain live-action adaptation of how EVERYTHING looks and FEELS like in the comic-books.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #27
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Sometimes accuracy to the comics works, and sometimes it don't. But for the most part, it simply doesn't matter.

A Lois with red hair
A black Perry
A Joker wearing make-up
A Catwoman looking nothing like the comics hardly...

Does it matter? Well, yeah. Depending on how ridiculously accurate you want everything to be to the source material. An actor bearing similarity to the character is just more or less a bonus nowadays.

I've never minded how different actors look to the characters, and I've never minded changes to the characters themselves, visual wise. The only thing that bothers me is characterisation, I don't mind the odd change here and there, just add layers and shake things up a bit. But when you pull a Spider-Man...A Mary-Jane/Gwen Stacy hybrid, a Peter Parker wass virtually NOTHING like the comics except in costume...that is the REAL ball breaker.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 08-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #28
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Man, people are really trying to convince their eyes for what they want to see. I've seen some other places where guys are posting "Her hair will still be black, they are just doing test shots."

Really?

I was expecting a different look hair wise for her, but I'm pleasantly surprised at how youthful she currently appears. Plenty of positives you can find in this production.

Guys even if Adams wasn't the fanboys choice, we are getting some pretty amazing actors overall. Fishburne, Crowe, Lane, and Costner are all in a Superman movie

Old 08-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #29
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I'm honestly tired of people saying she looks like Lana, they will darken her hair in post and so on...good grief, give it a rest. Can a guy not come in this thread for a day and not see people complaining?

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 08-19-2011, 03:06 PM   #30
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
im honestly not familiar with Amy Adam's work to be on either one side or the other... anyone know of her work that isn't a straight up chick-flick so I can watch and judge for myself?
The Fighter, Sunshine Cleaning, Doubt, Night at the Museum2, Charlie Wilson's War, and while I hate the movie, Talladega Nights.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #31
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I'm honestly tired of people saying she looks like Lana, they will darken her hair in post and so on...good grief, give it a rest. Can a guy not come in this thread for a day and not see people complaining?
Even if they don't 'darken it in post' and just film her with the color she has now, like they've always done for everyone's hair in movies, doesn't make her any less of a Lois Lane.

I really doubt, however, that they'd leave the color up to a more expensive and complex post-process, rather than a much simpler dye-job.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 08-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #32
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Why are people making up excuses for her not having dark hair? Some people are claiming "test shots" for her and probably will about the no \S/ on cape too. Then some say it will be done in post. Maybe it is what it is and we just have to rely her performance will be good as Lois.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #33
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
Why are people making up excuses for her not having dark hair? Some people are claiming "test shots" for her and probably will about the no \S/ on cape too. Then some say it will be done in post. Maybe it is what it is and we just have to rely her performance will be good as Lois.
The simplest explanation is that she doesn't have black hair because this version of Lois doesn't have black hair. I don't have a problem with that, but I guess some do.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 08-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #34
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I won't lie, I expected black hair, but they could have tried it and she looked silly. Film decisions vs comic book decisions ya know?

Old 08-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #35
Project862006
Banned User

well lois has'nt had 1 hair color is the main point here

lois has had

Red
Light Brown
Dark Brown
Black

hair colors since she was created

Old 08-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #36
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Exactly. If Superman had bleach blonde hair, I literally would not bother seeing the movie.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #37
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Even if they don't 'darken it in post' and just film her with the color she has now, like they've always done for everyone's hair in movies, doesn't make her any less of a Lois Lane.

I really doubt, however, that they'd leave the color up to a more expensive and complex post-process, rather than a much simpler dye-job.
pretty much what I'm saying...I agree

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 08-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #38
Blue Sugar
Banned User

Yeah well a blonde Superman would be another thing. There are differences of changes. But for me Margot Kidder IS Lois Lane. But believe me it's not because of her beauty or hair color...

I believe in Amy Adams as Lois Lane so much. Way more than I believe in Cavill who gets way too much credit just because he looks the part. I don't mean he is bad but when it comes to acting Amy has shown way more than him.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #39
Blue Sugar
Banned User

Oh and you gotta love all the "they are probably gonna darken the hair in post-production" not because it won't happen but because disappointed fanboys are so damn desperate!

Old 08-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #40
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Amy Adams has been the beat up choice from all casting decisions. Fair or not? Dunno. Guess people really had their specific Lois vision. I think everyone was more on board for a black Perry White than a red head Lois Crazy.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:31 PM   #41
M.E.H.Z.E.B
Banned Usèr
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm disappointed that she has not dyed her hair. But it won't ruin the movie for me. I will probably only sigh once during the entire movie for this little mishap. But that's about it, really.

member of gods among men
Old 08-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #42
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sugar View Post
Oh and you gotta love all the "they are probably gonna darken the hair in post-production" not because it won't happen but because disappointed fanboys are so damn desperate!
I'm fine either way. I like her look now, and if they decide to change it in post, then so be it. Don't sit there and say that "it won't happen" because quite frankly you don't know what will happen during post. NONE of us know what their plans are.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:38 PM   #43
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Wouldn't it be a lot harder/more expensive to do it in post than actually dye her hair? I seriously doubt she is at the status to refuse hair dye. In a short interview when asked about it she just said to the effect "We will see what happens" which is no indication that she wouldn't have done it if they requested.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #44
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Amy Adams has been the beat up choice from all casting decisions. Fair or not? Dunno. Guess people really had their specific Lois vision. I think everyone was more on board for a black Perry White than a red head Lois Crazy.

Maybe because Lois is a more iconic and important character in the mythology. Superman is the lead and the one we follow, but Lois is always right there beside him everytime.

Superman stories have done without Perry, without Lana, without Jimmy or Lex or the Kents.

But we can normally depend on Lois being there.

People wondering why people make such a big deal over trival things like hair need to realise it isn't just hair, it's how we identify the character. The same as Superman being tall and muscular with black hair, same as MJ having flame red hair or Gwen having blonde hair, it's just how you identify the character visually.

Is it really that important? No, but it's a nice way of keeping the character consistant in who she is and what her hair color is. Superman has black hair, they got that right, Lois Lane has brown hair, shouldn't be too hard.

I'm not complaining but I'm complaining about people compaining about people complaining.

If iconography, people have the right to complain.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:53 PM   #45
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

At least you're not complaining about people complaining about people complaining about people complaining about people complaining about people complaining about people complaining.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #46
SuperDaniel
Banned User

She does look like Lana Lang, though.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #47
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

They look nothing alike.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:06 PM   #48
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Wouldn't it be a lot harder/more expensive to do it in post than actually dye her hair?
It depends, but yeah, most likely. It's one thing to work on skin tone/clothing/etc. and just tweak it in color-correct...but to change someone's jacket from red to blue or what have you is more involved when it's filmed 'naturally' instead of prepped specifically for post work/compositing, etc. Especially under different lighting conditions, movement, and so on.

Quote:
I seriously doubt she is at the status to refuse hair dye. In a short interview when asked about it she just said to the effect "We will see what happens" which is no indication that she wouldn't have done it if they requested.
Yeah, I can't see dye being an issue unless they wanted her hair to be something other than...well...hair. She's had dark brown hair in other movies, and various shades of red and blonde....what could make this movie different....unless they're going for some drastically stylized look overall in which everything will look different, and shooting lighter hair would be the equivalent of shooting night-for-day. the only thing that really makes sense is that this Lois has lighter-colored hair.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:09 PM   #49
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

James Bond is simpatico with having dark hair. Yet Daniel Craig, a naturally blonde actor, comes along and they decide it's not that big a deal to give him a shorter trim and not dye his hair. And he turned out great (understatement) and everyone loves him in the role.

Don't see why that can't apply also for an actor of the caliber of awesomeness as Amy Adams.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #50
SuperDaniel
Banned User

Meh..James Bond doesnt have a set look like Lois Lane, imo. In 80% of the representations, Lois is a brunette and even an interviewer asked Amy Adams if she was going to dye her hair some months ago to which she replied she didnt know yet. Lois not being a brunette is a bigger deal to me than the S in the cape. Maybe because i love brunettes! lol

Closed Thread