The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Amy Adams As Lois Lane
Great Casting, I Love It 58 85.29%
Meh, I Can Deal With It 7 10.29%
I Don't Like It At All 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2011, 02:29 AM   #101
7heBoss
Side-Kick
 
7heBoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 544
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

If Lois was blonde, I would complain. However I am completely fine with red, it has been done before.

7heBoss is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 02:48 AM   #102
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 32,372
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

I very much don't like that she won't have brown or black hair but at least she's not wearing an awful wig that makes her look frumpy and unattractive like a certain young lady who played Lois. It also looks like she's going be dressing in modern clothes like jeans and shirts and not looking like some 1950's working woman.

Amy is such a good actress that I'll gripe about it but forget it halfway through the film.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 04:09 AM   #103
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 43,946
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

i dont think that having darker hair would be a problem with Adams. so i think this was a choice by the art deparment. i think they are trying to make her look different by using brighter hair.

now of course Adams with darker hair would look 200.000 times better. but its not like this is shaping up to be the best possible superman movie. WB needs to make this movie. and they needed a director who would be their puppy. they got Snyder. they are spending a lot money on good actors. but thats it.

dark_b is online now  
Old 08-20-2011, 05:20 AM   #104
Sherlock Holmes
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 659
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

Women dye there hair all the time this day and age. Who's to say it won't change in later movies. Or even later in this flick.

Sherlock Holmes is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 06:00 AM   #105
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 43,946
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

when you say in later movies . do you mean sequels?

dark_b is online now  
Old 08-20-2011, 06:04 AM   #106
Sherlock Holmes
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 659
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
when you say in later movies . do you mean sequels?
Indeed sir. Jesus the amount of times my fiancee dyes her hair is ludricus. When I met her she was blonde. Now she is brunette.

Sherlock Holmes is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 06:11 AM   #107
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 43,946
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
Indeed sir. Jesus the amount of times my fiancee dyes her hair is ludricus. When I met her she was blonde. Now she is brunette.
so let me see if i get this right. someone doesnt like the hair color on Adams. and you said '' Who's to say it won't change in later movies''

WTF.............WTF

so in 2007 when Ghost Rider was reaelsed and some didnt like Cage in the movie. should i then said '' whos to say they will not recast''.

dude. they are making this movie now. Adams has right now bright hair. this is what matters.

dark_b is online now  
Old 08-20-2011, 06:22 AM   #108
Sherlock Holmes
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 659
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
so let me see if i get this right. someone doesnt like the hair color on Adams. and you said '' Who's to say it won't change in later movies''

WTF.............WTF

so in 2007 when Ghost Rider was reaelsed and some didnt like Cage in the movie. should i then said '' whos to say they will not recast''.

dude. they are making this movie now. Adams has right now bright hair. this is what matters.
And this a problem how? I just said it may change.

Sherlock Holmes is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 06:32 AM   #109
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 43,946
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

maybe everything will change in the future. but we are talking about this movie and how it will look in this movie that will be realesed in 2012.

dark_b is online now  
Old 08-20-2011, 06:37 AM   #110
Sherlock Holmes
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 659
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
maybe everything will change in the future. but we are talking about this movie and how it will look in this movie that will be realesed in 2012.
Indeed. I never disputed that.

Sherlock Holmes is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #111
RussiaNet
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 122
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

Happy birthday, Amy!

RussiaNet is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #112
SuperDaniel
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 9,782
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

MJ hair was always different in the Spider-man movies and nobody cared.

SuperDaniel is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 12:07 PM   #113
KRIM
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,662
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

That's not true. There were plenty of complaints about MJs look in the sequels.

KRIM is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 12:10 PM   #114
SuperDaniel
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 9,782
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

I meant that in the end it didnt matter much. Well, i personally didnt like that MJ or Amy's hair. Lois should be a brunette to my mind. It's not going to break the movie but so far it is the only thing i dont like.

SuperDaniel is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #115
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,353
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Roger Moore's Bond was hardly dark haired, I don't know why everyone is trying to give Craig the credit of being the first light haird blond.
Umm.. probably because Craig was.. umm.. the first blond Bond. Roger Moore was brown-haired and blue-eyed. Sure, his hair was lighter than some of the other bonds, but he was definitely not blond.




That said, I think some of the purists on here would be more open to a brown haired Lois -- as opposed to one with jet black hair. After all, Lois was often depicted as having reddish brown hair in the comics sort of like this:



ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 12:50 PM   #116
SuperDaniel
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 9,782
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

Yeah. Amy Adams hair is just wrong...She doesnt look at all like Lois Lane to me. It is a shame, really

SuperDaniel is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #117
7heBoss
Side-Kick
 
7heBoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 544
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Umm.. probably because Craig was.. umm.. the first blond Bond. Roger Moore was brown-haired and blue-eyed. Sure, his hair was lighter than some of the other bonds, but he was definitely not blond.




That said, I think some of the purists on here would be more open to a brown haired Lois -- as opposed to one with jet black hair. After all, Lois was often depicted as having reddish brown hair in the comics sort of like this:


I am not opposed to a redhead lois, however using Dana Delany as an argument for a red haired lois doesn't make sense. She didn't "play" lois, She voiced her. Her appearance means nothing.


Last edited by 7heBoss; 08-20-2011 at 01:07 PM. Reason: did - didn't
7heBoss is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #118
TheIncredibleSk
Hard hitting opinions.
 
TheIncredibleSk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 4,114
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

I disagree. She has that Noel Niel, early post crisis Lois Lane going on.

TheIncredibleSk is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #119
TheIncredibleSk
Hard hitting opinions.
 
TheIncredibleSk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 4,114
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7heBoss View Post
I am not opposed to a redhead lois, however using Dana Delany as an argument for a red haired lois doesn't make sense. She did "play" lois, She voiced her. Her appearance means nothing.

TheIncredibleSk is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #120
7heBoss
Side-Kick
 
7heBoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 544
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIncredibleSk View Post
What are you trying to prove? I have already said Lois has had red hair in the past... He didn't use Noel Niel as an example did he? I was just arguing using Dana Delany

7heBoss is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #121
TheIncredibleSk
Hard hitting opinions.
 
TheIncredibleSk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 4,114
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7heBoss View Post
What are you trying to prove? I have already said Lois has had red hair in the past... He didn't use Noel Niel as an example did he? I was just arguing using Dana Delany
Giving a better example for him.

TheIncredibleSk is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #122
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,353
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaniel View Post
Yeah. Amy Adams hair is just wrong...She doesnt look at all like Lois Lane to me. It is a shame, really
Yeah, I also think some people were just kind of excited at the prospect of seeing Amy physically transform into the role of Lois. Cavill, for example, seems to look more and more like Superman every day. They even gave him the tanning treatment, which wasn't really necessary in my opinion. Amy, on the other hand, still looks like Amy -- not Lois. That's no fun.

On the bright side, however, I'm sure that Amy will nail the other aspects of the character she's portraying.

ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #123
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,353
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7heBoss View Post
I am not opposed to a redhead lois, however using Dana Delany as an argument for a red haired lois doesn't make sense. She didn't "play" lois, She voiced her. Her appearance means nothing.
If you read my post carefully, I wasn't using her as an argument for a red haired Lois. My point is that some of the purists on here wouldn't mind a Lois with Delany's shade of hair color (in those pics). Her hair was brown back then -- a reddish brown. She's not a redhead.

Notice the difference between a brunette Delany and a true redhead:

Brown hair with some red


True redhead


And I know Delany only voiced the character, but (like I said before) she still would have made a great live action Lois as well -- when younger. To me, her look is perfect.


Last edited by ArmsHeldOut; 08-20-2011 at 01:41 PM.
ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #124
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin
 
Bruce_Begins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,913
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

I am disappointed that they cuold have got a better looking actress as Lois Lane, but got Amy Adams, but since she is a good actress so I thought that may be a good thing but now thay have made Lois Lane without Black hair, why this cannot be done in movies ?

TV series got the casting and hair color right.






__________________

*\S/T*

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 08-20-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Bruce_Begins is offline  
Old 08-20-2011, 01:24 PM   #125
TheIncredibleSk
Hard hitting opinions.
 
TheIncredibleSk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 4,114
Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 5

If they wanted Amy to transform, she would have. She's done it before. Zack Snyder didn't want her to do it.

TheIncredibleSk is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.