The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

View Poll Results: You agree?
Yes! God, yes! 12 85.71%
Nah, we're fine 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 05:38 PM   #51
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,076
Default Re: Revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
If we do it, it'd be the former.
Okay, that's what I figured.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:50 AM   #52
Blacklight
Revamped and Renegade.
 
Blacklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East City
Posts: 6,788
Default Re: Revolution!

I'm with trusty in terms of Game Applications: why can't it too have it's own section separate of Games, Discussion and Archives?


And I'm all for relocation. Hell like twy said, each thread's a simple click away with the User CP at my disposal. so it's not like I'll notice.

Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:44 AM   #53
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,256
Default Re: Revolution!

Based off of the poll, I think it's safe to say that an overwhelming majority sees that something needs to be done. So mark my words, something shall be done. Expect some developments soon, I'll try to keep everyone informed and involved.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #54
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,475
Default Re: Revolution!

This just came to mind: doing this wouldn't MB no longer be the Mod to watch over the games?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:57 PM   #55
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,256
Default Re: Revolution!

No, I'd still be the moderator for the games.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:57 PM   #56
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,320
Default Re: Revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyside-kick View Post
This just came to mind: doing this wouldn't MB no longer be the Mod to watch over the games?

Shut up! You'll give away our true plan!!!


I doubt that would happen.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:44 PM   #57
Blacklight
Revamped and Renegade.
 
Blacklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East City
Posts: 6,788
Default Re: Revolution!

I would assume he'd co-Mod with whomever watches over the forum we move the games to correct?

Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #58
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,475
Default Re: Revolution!

Not if he wants to garner any respect to the people already in that section and potential new players. You have to take house, MB, 'else you are a pansy.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #59
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!
 
Spike_x1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Little Jimmy's Retarded Caribbean Playground
Posts: 15,512
Default Re: Revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyside-kick View Post
MB, you are a pansy.
That's all I took from this post.

__________________
"Look into the soul of Bane and know the truth. We will topple your kingdom if it takes an eternity. We will defeat Hell."
Spike_x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:04 PM   #60
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,256
Default Re: Revolution!

That's all you take from every post.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #61
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!
 
Spike_x1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Little Jimmy's Retarded Caribbean Playground
Posts: 15,512
Default Re: Revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
I am a pansy.
I'm sorry, what?

__________________
"Look into the soul of Bane and know the truth. We will topple your kingdom if it takes an eternity. We will defeat Hell."
Spike_x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #62
Erin
Enters with conviction.
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 184
Default Re: Revolution!

Okay, so it seems like a big concern is the plight of helpless newbies trying to find the RPG forums and, whaddayaknow, I just so happen to be a newbie to SHH, so perhaps my humble observations may be helpful. If not, you know, string me up and call me Sally, or whatever else it is you do to unwanted opinions around here.

As someone who was looking for an RPG to join, finding SHH wasn't a problem, so move or don't move, I don't think that's the big issue here.

As far as applying for new games, I will offer this - I have moddeed boards that did not require applications for new games and a roster of interested players, and the first thing I thought when I noticed that new games had to apply was "HALLELUJAH!" And this is why:
1) Game applications ensure that the person looking to GM a board actually has solid ideas and are not just looking to make their characters the hero of a weak plot
2) Games that have had to fill out applications and have a roster of interested players are more likely to survive beyond two posts, because more effort has been put into creating the whole shebang and there is presumably more of an investment in the game's survival.
3) As a newbie, knowing that the GM has put in the effort to go through an approval process, I can be *slightly* more confident that I'm not joining a dying thread and wasting my time. There's nothing more frustrating that joining a thread that gives up the ghost a week or two after you get there.

I don't happen to find game applications/ character applications off-putting at all. I think there are changes to the organization of the RPG section, but there will be drawbacks with any changes you make, so searching for an absolutely perfect solution is kind of fruitless.

Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #63
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,320
Default Re: Revolution!

How did you find us? Google? Do we need to whore out Byrd to Google?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #64
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,443
Default Re: Revolution!

****, I'll post ads on Craigslist if it'll help...but then again, I might attract the wrong kind of role player.

__________________
"These are the times that try men's souls... Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
-- Thomas Paine


Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #65
Erin
Enters with conviction.
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 184
Default Re: Revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
****, I'll post ads on Craigslist if it'll help...but then again, I might attract the wrong kind of role player.
Not sure you could sustain that sort of role player - there are not nearly enough fishnet stockings and vinyl onesies in these forums to keep them all happy. Personally, I have no problem keeping it that way.

But yes, I did find you on Google, and I had to slog through site after defunct site of RPGs that were too hastily started and didn't have the interest or commitment to keep going before I found this one.

I think anyone who is actually looking for an RPG would be able to find it. Any half-literate ape-child can find the RPG section (unless he doesn't have hands or something and can't manipulate the mouse, but then I am left wondering what a half-literate ape-child with no hands is doing with a computer in the first place. How does he type?)

I'm all for organization: Games, Pending Approvals, and Discussion sections seem to do it for me.

For people who are looking to work on the application process, granted I'm not terribly familiar with the current process, but how does this suggestion strike you:

The prospective GM writes up a clear, concise proposal for a game, giving a brief description of the world and what their goals are, and posts it in the Pending Approvals section as a poll. If people like the idea and would be willing to commit to playing the game, they vote for it. If enough people are interested and willing to play enough to vote for it, the game passes. The application is deleted and the game moves over to the Games section. This would keep things from getting too crowded on the applications side, and it means that the success or failure of a game is still in the hands of the would-be players. It also means there still has to be forethought and vision on the part of a GM, since he or she still has to write up a proposal.
If a game passes and goes inactive for, oh I don't know, let's say two months, with nobody posting for no apparent reason, then I think the mod should be able to remove the game (probably not without consulting with the GM, though).

Just a thought.

Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #66
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,076
Default Re: Revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Not sure you could sustain that sort of role player - there are not nearly enough fishnet stockings and vinyl onesies in these forums to keep them all happy.
You've never seen us on a Friday night then.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #67
Erin
Enters with conviction.
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 184
Default Re: Revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
You've never seen us on a Friday night then.

Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #68
twylight
One And Only
 
twylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The twylight zone...
Posts: 26,098
Default Re: Revolution!

Oh... Fridays.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1
twy knows in the first five minutes whether she's going to marry you, bed you, or just be friends.
twylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #69
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,320
Default Re: Revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Psh.

He's never been around on Sunday morning.

We're talking pancakes and syrup.


...and no plates

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #70
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,256
Default Re: Revolution!

And no pancakes.


Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #71
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,320
Default Re: Revolution!

Pancakes is just what I call it.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #72
Erin
Enters with conviction.
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 184
Default Re: Revolution!

Then, where do you pour the... oh!



Well, it IS the most important meal of the day.

Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #73
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,475
Default Re: Revolution!

We make it so the whole thing is anonymous, kinda like gloryholing, but...in the end I always know when I'm paired with byrd.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #74
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,320
Default Re: Revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Then, where do you pour the... oh!



Well, it IS the most important meal of the day.
That's the spirit!

Add one more for the weekend everybody!

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #75
Erin
Enters with conviction.
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 184
Default Re: Revolution!

Guess I'm glad I saved my stillettos after I graduated college and turned into a real adult.

Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.