The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Old 11-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #451
cthulhu
Gimme some sugar baby!!!

Default Re: The Rucka Punisher ongoing discussion!

There was Dargo ...something the future Thor lifted it too. I dont think it will happen but wouldn't it be a gigantic WTF moment! I think they will probably chat and Thor will let Frank go as they don't really have a problem with one another. Spidey and Cap are the only two avengers that have any legitimate moral high ground and even cap isn't exactly snow white. Come to think of it Frank is no angel but he didn't sell out to Mephisto like spidey...

Old 11-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #452
Shockdingo
Cap America luvin' Canuck

I'd bust a gut if he stealth dissed Pete for that. It'd be ridiculous and more of a Deadpool thing, but if it was clever word play, I'd still laugh. : p

Shockdingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #453
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikes View Post
I believe that Thor will understand Frank's motives and will let him go. Like Logan did.
I agree with u... Thor will see Frank as Warrior... Thor actually shouldn't even be bothered by this... Frank is killing bad guys, Thor does the same just he kills bad aliens or whatever creatures the nine realms spit out...

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #454
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!

I just hope Thor is aware of this fight

ObakeTora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #455
BillPardy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObakeTora View Post
I just hope Thor is aware of this fight

I love that scene.

BillPardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #456
cthulhu
Gimme some sugar baby!!!

Yeah - I always thought that was great. MK was a good series.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #457
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
I agree with u... Thor will see Frank as Warrior... Thor actually shouldn't even be bothered by this... Frank is killing bad guys, Thor does the same just he kills bad aliens or whatever creatures the nine realms spit out...
Thor does not do the same thing as the Punisher. He defends things that need defending--Asgard, Earth, innocents, etc.--and he occasionally deems lethal force necessary for that. He doesn't attempt to systematically wipe out whole sections of a population. He may have in the past, but disabusing himself of those kinds of notions was kind of what his whole "learning humility" bit was about.

There's a thought: maybe Thor's looking to humble the Punisher so he can let go of his crazypants mission to kill all criminals someday.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #458
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!

I agree ^^ but I think Thor would resent having to take Castle out and would only do so at the obligation of his team, I think once Thor realizes the type of scum our pal Frank deals with on a daily basis Thor should come to respect his war and advocate his posititon. Who's more loathsome? A 40 foot tall Frost Giant or Peanut the sherm addicted pimp who likes beating hookers while using 9 year olds to transport his crack?

Old 11-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #459
fat freddys cat
Side-Kick

Thor is not like the Punisher that is true but both are warriors that kill in times of war it's just that Thor might not agree with Franks war on criminals.....

fat freddys cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #460
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObakeTora View Post
I agree ^^ but I think Thor would resent having to take Castle out and would only do so at the obligation of his team, I think once Thor realizes the type of scum our pal Frank deals with on a daily basis Thor should come to respect his war and advocate his posititon. Who's more loathsome? A 40 foot tall Frost Giant or Peanut the sherm addicted pimp who likes beating hookers while using 9 year olds to transport his crack?
I don't think Thor would agree with the Punisher. Thor tends to follow laws most of the time--both Asgard's and those of whatever group of humans he happens to be around. If the humans have decided that the punishment for the pimp's actions is to try him and send him to jail, he'll abide by that, bring him in alive, and let the justice system do its thing. The only exceptions are if he catches the pimp threatening others' lives. Then he'll use whatever force he feels he needs to stop him (which still doesn't necessarily mean killing him, given the sheer amount of powers Thor has vs. some random human criminal). A guy committing criminal acts or an organized crime family is not the same as an army laying siege to Asgard. Thor understands that difference.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #461
cthulhu
Gimme some sugar baby!!!

Yeah - Im looking forward to the interaction between them though, there is defo a curveball coming there. Im looking forward to it but the wait between issues is killing me, anticipation is the sweetest sensation

Old 11-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #462
Thwip!
Side-Kick

when is the next issue out?

Old 11-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #463
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
If the humans have decided that the punishment for the pimp's actions is to try him and send him to jail, he'll abide by that, bring him in alive, and let the justice system do its thing.

I suppose after living in places like Watts and Tondo for a while I've grown somewhat disconnected to the Avengers. You make really good points, yet in my opinion that just marginalizes the Thunder God to that of a manservant. Isn't he a Prince after all? I suppose he probably would leave it for the courts to decide, but lets just say after subduing Peanut the Sherm addicted pimp, he discovers a deeper level of corruption that reveals Peanut was connected to the Kingpin and got off scott free. I think this would make for a good story, but I doubt the comic writers would handle it since there is so much hate towards the Punisher nowadays. Whedon for no reason whatsoever called him a coward, and Cap tossed him around during the Civil War. I hope they do throw us a curveball, I think Thor could just throw on a wife beater and wipe out the entire mafia organizsation with the snap of his finger. And I remember you mentioned that Thor follows the law most of the time, but what of those times that he doesn't? Yea, I'm expecting a curveball too.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #464
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

He was a prince, then he was king, then he got exiled, then the exile was rescinded. Now he's just another Asgardian citizen, as far as official titles go. But everyone still treats him well because he's the greatest hero Asgard's ever known. I don't think it makes him servile to respect laws, either. Remember that he's got a human perspective from living as Don Blake and other humans for years and years. He's as much a part of Earth as Asgard at this point, so respecting the law is more about just not holding himself above humans than being chained by the actual letter of the law.

Anyway, I can't really say with 100% authority what Thor would or wouldn't do in the situations you've presented. My feeling is that he wouldn't agree with the Punisher's war with organized crime because it's just out of his wheelhouse. He's got actual wars against invading aliens and giants and such to worry about. That's why I'm actually excited to see what Rucka does with Thor, since this series is pushing his focus away from his usual, larger-than-life concerns and onto something that is, realistically, beneath his notice most of the time.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #465
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!

Remember that he's got a human perspective from living as Don Blake and other humans for years and years.

Thank you. You have just answered my question.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #466
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=14407

Some preview pages of War Zone #2 (CBR incorrectly labeled it as #3).

Frank vs Widow looks awesome.

runawayboulder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #467
Shockdingo

Yes, I've been waiting for any scraps relating to this; a snippet, a preview, anything!

Old 12-01-2012, 04:11 AM   #468
cthulhu
Gimme some sugar baby!!!

Yep looks good - the eyepatch is gone! We don't often see Frank outside of an urban environment either...

Old 12-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #469
Thwip!
Side-Kick

man that looks great

Old 12-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #470
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Some of Giandomenico's poses make Black Widow look a bit man-ish. But otherwise, I'm looking forward to it.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:07 AM   #471
Spikes
Vendetta

Finally without the eyepatch! The fight sequence looks good.

Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #472
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Any of you guys catch T-Bolts #1? I thought it was decent for a starting issue. Kinda puts my fears of Frank being on the team at rest a bit.

Balthus Dire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #473
Shockdingo

Yea, I was surprised, gotta tip my hat to Way. I'll see what issue 2 brings about, but it didn't feel crazy off kilter.

Also, War Zone was pretty great today; showed off why and how Frank operates is a "necessary evil" and that he's not a nut with a gun, but a man with a dark mission.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #474
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!

It was nice to see Wolverine go to bat for Frank like that, I still wonder why he's allowed to join the Avengers whilst Frank will get sent to the T-bolts. They both have their fair share of body counts don't they? Correct me if I'm wrong when Wolverine says "some people deserve to die" shouldn't that have gotten him kicked off the team? Maybe I'm nit-picking too much.

I liked the fight with Black-Widow, and I'm surprised she didn't mention anything about their encounter in Punisher War Journal volume 1 issue 9.

http://marvel.wikia.com/File:Punishe...al_Vol_1_9.jpg

I always wondered why she suddenly took in interest in Frank during that issue? Maybe she wanted to jump his bones??? Anyway, I wish the fight had been more drawn out, I think the whole issue could have been dedicated to a fight between Punisher and BW, but what I saw was decent enough. The highlight of the issue was when Frank got the drop on her, I'll add that to the roster the next time I decide to do a "Punisher's most gangster moments" thread. I can't wait to see how Frank handles Thor.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:40 AM   #475
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!

Tweeted