The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 08-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Default MODOK a possibility?

It looks like the Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing might have a shot at being one of Cap's future villains.

http://**************.com/fansites/J.../news/?a=45295

"I love MODOK and I think you could make a terrifying movie with MODOK but nobody seems to be on my side at the moment."

“I will win you over to Peter Dinklage as MODOK. If he came around the corner and you saw him floating there you would be terrified. It would be amazing."

”In this movie, the great thing is [the visual effects and makeup team] really pulled off the Red Skull. It doesn’t look like a mask. it looks like it’s fully integrated into his flesh. And I want to see what they can do with MODOK.”

I'd be SO happy if the writers/Marvel had the balls to bring MODOK to the big screen. He's one of my favorite comic villains. He's a diverse villain, he could either be a comedic villain or, as the writer mentioned, a very creepy one. Which is the main reason I love him.

Plus, I think Marvel could find a way to make MODOK seem realistic. Perhaps all of the fleshy parts of MODOK could be mechanical. His face would be a giant computer screen. He would still have his personality because Tarleton had his brain implanted into MODOK. I don't know it's just an idea.

Though, I'll always want his theme to be a more cinematic/evil version of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMc13A8LqaA
But I know it won't happen.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #2
PWN3R
SHUSH!

Default Re: MODOK a possibility?

Bots love their Modok.

I'd love for them to tackle Modok. And maybe not as realistic as Zola this time, yeah?

“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

PWN3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
TheFantasticJoe
Side-Kick

I admit, when I first heard the possibility of MODOK being in the movie, I found it kind of ridiculous. But now I'm really starting to warm up to the idea, and I would love to see how they could make it work. It'd be a ballsy move for Marvel, and it has the potential to be great.

TheFantasticJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
Congo Jack
Chad Sexington

Default Re: ‘Captain America’ writer: How about Peter Dinklage as MODOK?

Peter Dinklage would be brilliant as MODOK!

Old 09-21-2011, 09:47 AM   #5
marcvader
Lurker #1

I'm all for MODOK but it really really needs to be thought out right cause the idea of a ginormous floating head is utterly rediculous.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
The Villain
Side-Kick

Bring on Modok

He would be a unique character and for once he would not be under The Mandarin's feet.

I'm referring to the Iron Man toon 90s but yep Modok on his own solo movie given a good script.. Let the mayhem begin.

He'd need a good sidekick or two any thoughts?

The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #7
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Modok has always been portrayed as a rather goofy character in all his cartoon incarnations, particularly Superhero Squad. However that show parodies everyone, so it's not likely he was ever going to be shown in a serious way. The character and design probably lends itself to being a whipping boy and hapless minion, either to Doom or the Mandarin.

However, the comic version is far deadlier.

In Iron Man 205 he was relentless and terrifying, and although controlled by AIM, blew himself up at the end, which Iron Man was totally unexpecting. He can look horrific as a huge head with tiny arms and legs. However, it would be a totally iconic and memorable monster to have on film, even if he looks exactly as he is in the comics. He's one character that Marvel should bring to the big screen in one of the movies. If done properly, I don't think he would be a laughing matter.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:32 AM   #8
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

AIM and the rest of its goons are for Ant Man. Modok should be in Ant Man.

Hydra OTOH is Cap's fodder.

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:59 AM   #9
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post
AIM and the rest of its goons are for Ant Man. Modok should be in Ant Man.

Hydra OTOH is Cap's fodder.
Except that Modok has never really been an Ant-Man foe, but classically an Iron Man, Cap or Hulk foe. And AIM isn't really in Ant-Man either but in Iron Man.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #10
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

Peter Dinklage? Heh. I wonder how it would work onscreen. Well, we'll see. Or not, heh. I'm not offended by MODOK, but I hope they would avoid any campy context.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #11
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

I for one, would love to see MODOK. I've seen Paul Giamatti cast as MODOK for a few times, but for some reason I think Rainn Wilson would be an off the wall fit? I'm sure that suggestion will get laughed at but, it's MODOK lol, I would expect an out of left field type of casting.

MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #12
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Rain Wilson would be absolutely awesome as MODOK. I think MODOK should be taken to a darker place, where we see him at first as a scientist, and perhaps the hero/Cap is partially responsible for his experiment going awry, and he has to create this orange prosthesis/life support suit after his head grows ten times too big. Perhaps... perhaps his tech is part of/an offshoot of the Giant Man formula.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:40 PM   #13
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

doesnt seem to make sense to have modok ...they had zola in the first one and the blue prints for his suite..i thought that was setting up the fact he'd be in other films :/

TacomaTruck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #14
FlashThompson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaTruck90 View Post
doesnt seem to make sense to have modok ...
How does it not make sense?

MODOK is a part of AIM who try and unlock the mysteries and power of the Cosmic Cube which perfectly ties in with the Marvel Movie Universe.

The actor that the director suggested has the perfect role for the film as well.

Modok, Crossbones and maybe someone else should be in CA2.

FlashThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #15
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

MODOK would be a good villian for a cap sequel if it's set in modern day. Maybe introduce Reaper as a hired gun for to make it more challenging for cap. I would also introduce Sharon Carter into a modern-day cap sequel.

MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:09 AM   #16
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

Why intrdouce him , when they have already set up Zola with showing blue prints of the future suit that keeps him alive over time?

TacomaTruck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #17
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

They should totally bring Modok to the big screen. It be interesting to see how they could bring a giant, floating head to life. The entire face & head could be part cybernetic & organic, but in my personal preference should be the latter.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #18
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I would love to see Modok as a villain in a Captain America movie. It would be super interesting to see how will look like in live-action and it would be interesting to see the reaction of the people.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:05 AM   #19
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

How in the blue hell do you make a character like MODOK work onscreen? I don't think you can. I think people would walk out of the theater.

MODOK himself tends to be a pretty goofy and bafoonish villain more often than not. Sort of the butt of the jokes.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote