The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spidey-World

Old 11-29-2011, 04:37 AM   #126
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Default Re: Doc Ock's Lair v2 - Part 1

It's been a LONG time since I've seen that second pic.

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:30 PM   #127
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

I've always loved the composition of this screenshot:

OctoHaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #128
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

Oh, yeah, some'a this too:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I miss this show so much. I hope the new cartoon is good.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #129
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoHaz View Post
I've always loved the composition of this screenshot:

Agreed! Such an iconic shot, IMO.

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Old 12-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #130
brianbuck
Side-Kick

Has anybody seen the Doc Ock Heroclix figure from the Web of Spider Man set? It's a great sculpt and at 121 points they've finally done Otto justice.

brianbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:35 PM   #131
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Haven't seen it.

Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #132
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Is there a pic of it on the net?

And Haz, welcome back you elusive fangirl

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:16 PM   #133
brianbuck
Side-Kick

Heroclix Realms has a pic of it, I think.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #134
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbuck View Post
Has anybody seen the Doc Ock Heroclix figure from the Web of Spider Man set? It's a great sculpt and at 121 points they've finally done Otto justice.
Nope, I haven't.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:08 PM   #135
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Looks like at one point in the conceptual stages, Universal was considering giving Doc Ock his own ride at the Marvel Super Hero Island at Islands of Adventure.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Twitter. Instagram. YouTube. DeviantArt.
Spidey_62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:12 AM   #136
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

Saw this on Reddit, thought y'all might like.

-- She Who Never Leaves, Just Lurks Sometimes

Old 12-13-2011, 02:44 PM   #137
Jack O Lantern
Mad Jack

SLOTT TAKES SPIDEY TO THE "ENDS OF THE EARTH"

Yesterday, Marvel pulled back the curtain on Marjorie Liu and Mike Perkins taking over "Astonishing X-Men" with Issue #48. Today, the House of Ideas revealed details on "Amazing Spider-Man's" 50th Anniversary in a call with writer Dan Slott.

CBR News was on hand LIVE covering the call to bring all the details on Slott's upcoming storyarc, "Ends of the Earth."

Moderator and Junior Sales Administrator James Viscardi kicked off the call by speaking on the status and lead-up to Slott's story. "Really what this is … is the road to Spidey 700 which is coming down the line," said Viscardi. The storyarc starts in March with #682, is a six issue story where the first two and the last two will have Stefano Caselli on art.

Slott kicked off the call by recapping the events leading up to Doc Ock's life clock ticking down. "He's got one shot for one master plan. He's going for the whole thing. He's going for the world. … This is Otto Octavius's big grab."

Slott further said that the story would rival the scope of Spider-Island and this would be "Otto Octavius Earth."

"We will see Spidey supporting cast and characters," he said. "This whole giant, epic story is taking place inside of Amazing Spider-Man." All readers will have to do is pick up Amazing Spider-Man to get the whole story.

As for Dr. Octopus himself, the villain has shown up in a number of other titles, which Slott said has been building to the story he has planned.. "We've seen Doc Ock and the Sinister Six slowly percolating this sinister plan," he said. "On the way it's stretched out into the Marvel Universe proper. He totally wiped the floor with Hank Pym's Avengers Academy team. Doc Ock's been taking out the biggest brains on his stomp to global domination."

In a couple of weeks, there will be a Sinister Six issue where Doc Ock will take on the Marvel U's biggest brains, according to Slott.

"When people see the art, they're going to freak," said Slott of Caselli's art.

"The Sinister Six you start out with in Ends of the Earth will not be the Sinister Six you're left with at the end," Slott said. Chameleon, Rhino, Mysterio, Electro and the Sandman will all start off as being part of the Sinister Six and Slott will be drawing quite a bit from the developments in "The Gauntlet" storyline, and Sandman will get some particular attention in between Caselli's bookend issues. "The one thing you'll see in the Sandman issues, I don't think we've ever seen the Sandman operate on this level before."

Additionally, Spidey will get some cool new gadgets for his fiftieth anniversary. "We're going to see some pretty cool new Spider-tech," he said. "Spidey has known the Sinister Six are a-coming. … Spider-Man has had all this time to prep and bring specific tech to all the members of the Sinister Six. Spider-Man has designed a new suit and this is a suit specifically designed to go to war with the Sinister Six."

As for Spidey himself, Slott said that the events of the past year won't really be changing him. "The world's at stake. All you need is one shake of that Etch-a-Sketch and it means nothing," he said. "Is he cocky? I think we're going to see some of that in upcoming issues of 'Spider-Man.'"

The writer was cagey about Peter's destiny as of the end of "Spider-Island" and Madame Web's huge prophecy. "Something is going to be happening and something is happening this year." Spidey's vow of "No one dies" will also be tested during this arc. "So far, Spider-Man has kept that up."

Iron Man and the Avengers will also play a role in "Ends of the Earth," but right now it is not that likely that other peripheral Spider-Man characters like Black Cat and Venom probably will not.

"I've never done a Spider-Man story on this scope before," he said. "I think a lot of the stuff I do is on character, but this one I think the focus is a lot more on action and adventure. It's so big and the fallout from it is going to be huge. It's going to be neat at the end of the day when this is over where all the pieces are on the table. They're going to be in a lot of interesting spots."

In terms of tie-ins to the "Amazing Spider-Man" movie, there will be an "epic Spidey/Lizard" battle, but there will won't be any resurrection of Gwen Stacy.

As for the self-contained nature of the story, Slott commented on some previous early events like the Kree-Skrull War. "That's a part of Marvel history and why we're so awesome."

Slott again referenced "The Gauntlet" and how Spider-Man's villains have gone from being slightly goofy to really "credible threats." "Oh definitely, Doc Ock in this story, there is nothing goofball about it," he said. "Anyone who's read the Rhino stories recently, wow, what a character. Where these characters are going, I would love to… there's only so much I can tip my hat about."

The Sinister Six issue coming out on December 21, Slott described as "Fried butter on a sick. You'll get so many calories from reading this. I can't wait until people read that issue!"

Peter's now ex-squeeze, Carlie Cooper, has changed from the love interest to police contact moving toward the future. "If Spider-Man's Batman, then Carlie is Jim Gordon," said Slott. "But she's his ex." Carlie will be Spidey's cop friend in the spirit of Captain Jean deWolfe. "Keep an eye on Mary Jane, though. There are some interesting developments with her in 'Ends of the Earth.'"

"Ends of the Earth" is something that has been building since "Brand New Day" began, according to Slott. "Steve Wacker and Tom Brevoort decided that nobody got to use the main Spider-Man villains for a year. When we bring them back, we'll bring them back big. … Six months in, when we did 'New Ways to Die,' we opened up the toy chest. … I was the lucky guy who got Doc Ock and I had these evil machinations of what I wanted to do with Doc Ock."

Slott also talked about his favorite Doc Ock stories, including the Death of Captain Stacy, which made him cry. "That's one of my most pivotal stories. There was another one where Spider-Man had to fight Doc Ock with the flu. … There's a lot of stuff. The biggest one that's influenced me has been the 'Master Planner' storyarc."

With a quick recap of the release details and a tease to look out for Gabrielle Dell'Otto's villain variant covers, the call wrapped.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #138
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

I am SO psyched for that arc. That cover is delicious

- The Joker
Old 12-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #139
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

My god, that sounds fantastic and that cover is incredible.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #140
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

Dayyyyyyam. That does sound promising.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:46 PM   #141
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

ASM #676 preview, can't wait for this issue. Ock's new look is revealed here in the preview. I'm starting to wonder if Ock will actually die in Ends Of The Earth and go out with a huge bang.

The solicitation for ASM #681.

Quote:
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #681
Dan Slott With Chris Yost (W) • Giuseppe Camuncoli (A/C)
• Spider-Man And The Human Torch Are Trapped On A Space Station Full Of Octo-Zombies Plummeting Toward The Earth!
• This Best Buds Super Team-Up Is Running Out Of Air And Running Out Of Time!
• The Final Stage Of Doc Ock’s Master Plan Begins Here!
32 Pgs./Rated T …$3.99
And ASM #682, part 1 of Ends Of The Earth.

Quote:
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #682
Dan Slott (W) • Stefano Caselli (A/C)
Variant Cover By Gabriele Dell’otto
• Part One Of “Ends Of The Earth”, The Next Big Spider-Man Event!
• The Doc Ock Story You’ve Waited 50 Years For! Doctor Otto Octavius Holds The Entire Earth Hostage With
His Dying Breath. What Price Will Spider-Man Have To Pay To Buy The Whole World One More Day?
• Special Appearance By The Avengers!
32 Pgs./Rated T …$3.99

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Twitter. Instagram. YouTube. DeviantArt.
Spidey_62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #142
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

great preview! My god, Ock looks fantastic.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #143
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

*sigh* I really, REALLY hope they find a way to fix him. I'm not a fan of robo-Ock at all. :/

Old 12-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #144
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

If they kill him off I'll never buy another Marvel comic book again.

That aside, I am super excited for this arc. Doc Ock is finally being given the Dr. Doom status Slott promised.

- The Joker
Old 12-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #145
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Doc Ock being at the same height as Dr. Doom brings a smile to my face.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #146
brianbuck
Side-Kick

I've got the feeling that this whole 'conquer the world before I die' thing is a smokescreen covering Ock's true plan: a search for a cure to his condition.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #147
brianbuck
Side-Kick

So I just finished reading #676. I enjoyed it so much I'd like to see Slott write a Sinister Six monthly title.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #148
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Anything Ocktastic happen in it? I haven't had a chance to get to the comic book store this week.

- The Joker
Old 12-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #149
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

Ock made
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
MODOK call Octopus the greater mind.

I have to envy you guys, at least Otto still resembles himself. Otto may not look like himself, but I dont even recognize Osborn as a Spider-Man villain anymore.

Think of everything that the Green Goblin has done in the world of Spider-Man, and think of everything that Doc Ock has done — Doc Ock is the guy who killed Peter Parker! You don't get better ranking points on villainy than that. So you have two of Spider-Man's greatest foes — the two greatest foes — heading toward a collision....I've got a pit over here filled with people I've killed in Spider-Man. So I mean this in all seriousness: When you hit "Goblin Nation," all bets are off. No one is safe. No one is safe.

-Dan Slott
Hobgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #150
brianbuck
Side-Kick

Semi-spoilers ahead:

The great thing about this issue is that Spider Man isn't in it. It's all about the Sinister Six vs The Intelligencia. Every member of the 6 gets a moment to shine. I really like Slott's handling of the group. I'd like to see them in their own limited series or ongoing monthly.
Ramos' art remains horrible. At least whoever's inking the book can make the art tolerable.