Old 04-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #201
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Doc Ock's Lair v2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Wtf is with the long black hair?
Probably taking a cue from Countdown and Shush.

One of your favorite stories, if I remember.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #202
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
So...Noman made Octavius' Ock arms? WHAT THE [CENSORED]?!
That was my reaction, too. Also, wtf the "like an octopus, he sticks to the shadows".

First of all, he's DOCTOR OCTOPUS because he has eight limbs. Not because he acts like an octopus. Anymore than the Vulture acts like a vulture or Rhino like a rhino.

Secondly, when I think of an octopus, I don't think of an animal that sticks to shadows. I think of a clever tentacled creature that's way too smart than it should be and can break out of confinements. (OK, maybe he /does/ act like an octopus.... )

But. Butbutbut. Augh. Ugh. I just... have no words.

I miss the previous cartoon so badly now.

OctoHaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #203
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
Probably taking a cue from Countdown and Shush.

One of your favorite stories, if I remember.
Yeah, I love them for the great writing. The Ock designs in them leave a lot to be desired. But the stories are so good it's easy to over look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoHaz View Post
That was my reaction, too. Also, wtf the "like an octopus, he sticks to the shadows".

First of all, he's DOCTOR OCTOPUS because he has eight limbs. Not because he acts like an octopus. Anymore than the Vulture acts like a vulture or Rhino like a rhino.

Secondly, when I think of an octopus, I don't think of an animal that sticks to shadows. I think of a clever tentacled creature that's way too smart than it should be and can break out of confinements. (OK, maybe he /does/ act like an octopus.... )

But. Butbutbut. Augh. Ugh. I just... have no words.

I miss the previous cartoon so badly now.

Perfect reaction and post

I yearn for the SSM cartoon. It nailed Doc Ock to a tee.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #204
SpaceWay2009
Wall-Crawler

I agree, Octohaz and The Joker. Although I do enjoy "Ultimate Spider-Man," I still miss TSSM. If I did have to choose one over the other,I would rather have TSSM continue. So much potential that was left behind in that show.

Reasons as to why TSSM was cancelled: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/....php?qid=14223
SpaceWay2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #205
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Did anyone read the latest issue of ASM?

To say Doc Ock was awesome would be an understatement. I feel like I'm reading an old school Ock story with the Six and Ock having global domination schemes.

It's the best ASM has been in ages.

- The Joker
Old 04-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #206
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm enjoying Ends of the Earth and looking forward to No Going Back. It is kind of surprising seeing the Six defeat the Avengers, though. I mean, Spidey has beaten them on his own but with the Avengers they get beaten. Go figure.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #207
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Spidey only beat the Six when he tackled them one on one in separate fights. They've never gone down together all at once against Spidey. Not with Doc Ock leading them.

I must post some scans from this awesome story. Ock is in the best form he's been in for years. He is an indomitable force of villainy. This is truly the Dr. Doom level villainy that Slott promised for Ock two years ago.

- The Joker
Old 04-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #208
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

Just got done reading ASM #683 myself. My hat's off to Slott -- if this IS Otto's swan song (for the time being, haha), it's a pretty freakin' awesome one.

(Though of course I'm still hoping he /doesn't/ die at the end...)

The last page is especially awesome.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #209
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

The arrogance and ego displayed here is so delicious and supreme it brings a tear to my fanboy eyes. This is the Doc Ock we deserve every time. He is making Spider-Man KNEEL before him right before he kills him.

Oh Otto, we are not worthy

Btw, my issue had Chameleon standing where Electro is. Electro wasn't in the last panel of my issue. Strange.

- The Joker
Old 04-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #210
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Ock looks great.. New Spider-suit looks great.. Spider-Man is in such good hands with Slott

Old 04-08-2012, 02:55 AM   #211
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

On a lighter note, been catching up on the new My Little Pony cartoon on Netflix (don't judge me) and I just couldn't resist:

(hehehehehehehe)

Old 04-08-2012, 06:23 AM   #212
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

^^^LMAO!!!

Octo-Pony.

- The Joker
Old 04-09-2012, 01:58 AM   #213
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

That was from one of those online Pony-Makers. This one I actually drew:

Old 04-14-2012, 02:25 AM   #214
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Twitter. Instagram. YouTube. DeviantArt.
Spidey_62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #215
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

I just read what Octavius demands off the U.N. in the latest issue of Ends of the Earth; 2 billion dollars and full pardons for each member of the Sinister Six and the construction of the Octavius Academy to forever recognize his genius.

Brilliant

- The Joker
Old 04-24-2012, 11:06 PM   #216
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

Quote:
I just read what Octavius demands off the U.N. in the latest issue of Ends of the Earth; 2 billion dollars and full pardons for each member of the Sinister Six and the construction of the Octavius Academy to forever recognize his genius.

Brilliant
Isn't it, though? I especially liked the big statue of him that's to stand out front of the academy.

I give Slott credit; I honestly don't know if Ock is being sincere (because his actions are absolutely in line with his narcissistic personality) or if he's got a nasty ace up his sleeve... or what it will be, exactly.

And not a whiff of Carley Cooper! I swear, the series has improved ever since she and Peter broke up.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #217
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Isn't it, though? I especially liked the big statue of him that's to stand out front of the academy.

I give Slott credit; I honestly don't know if Ock is being sincere (because his actions are absolutely in line with his narcissistic personality) or if he's got a nasty ace up his sleeve... or what it will be, exactly.

And not a whiff of Carley Cooper! I swear, the series has improved ever since she and Peter broke up.
Perhaps these preview images of ASM #686 will give a hint of how noble Ock's intentions really are:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

A robot Doc Ock controlled by the man himself. Very intriguing. It also looks like Ock has wasted that country Silver Sable is from. Not very noble me thinks.

- The Joker
Old 04-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #218
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

No, not very noble; I never suggested Ock had gone noble. BUT I could see it in him to actually provide earth-saving technology to the world just to get himself lauded and memorialized and whatnot posthumously while at the same time pulling some vicious moves like wasting Sable's home, killing innocents just because she'd interfered with his operation.

Just because he's not being altruistic doesn't mean the tech he's offering isn't exactly what he says it is. The core of Otto's personality is his raging narcissism. It colors everything he does, even his rage when the universe refuses to turn on his axis the way it's supposed to.

So I could absolutely see him giving a "gift" to the world as his final act, just to get himself in the history books.

I could also see him making the planet into his funeral pyre.

(And that's why he's my favorite villain.)

Old 04-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #219
socool
True

Slott is making Ock one of the best Spidey villains in recent times. I'm loving this Ends of the Earth stuff. Soooo good.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #220
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Perhaps these preview images of ASM #686 will give a hint of how noble Ock's intentions really are:

A robot Doc Ock controlled by the man himself. Very intriguing. It also looks like Ock has wasted that country Silver Sable is from. Not very noble me thinks.
Silver Sable is from Symkaria.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #221
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Ok, I've just read the latest issue of ASM. Dan Slott has knocked it out of the park, Just feast your eyes on the last four pages of the issue, where Ock finally reveals his true colors behind all this save the planet spiel he's been giving:

Is that not the perfect depiction of the twisted mind of Otto Octavius? He cannot bare the thought that he dies, the greatest genius ever, and the rest of the inferior planet gets to live. So he makes sure they all go down with him.

Brilliant.

It harkens back to the kind of greatness they did with him in the Clone Saga when Spider-Man was at death's door, and Ock could not stand the idea of him dying by any way other than by his hands. So he busted his hump to find a cure for Spidey so he could renew their feud.

Slott has truly demonstrated now he knows Doc Ock in all his crazy, twisted, egotistical glory. Look at some of that delicious dialogue:

"Idiots the lot of you"

"You see in the end, I am a creature of spite. Of hate. Of RAGE! It's my nature, I won't deny it. Oh how I ranked and roiled at the thought of my life--my light--my GENIUS-- coming to an end while the mundane and the mediocre lived on! OH! NO! It is UNACCEPTABLE! If I must enter oblivion I will not go alone! If Otto Octavius must perish, so shall you all!"

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 05-04-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #222
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Agreed! Slott's Ock is so very awesome. This whole story has been top notch, I can see this going down as one of Slott's very best on the title along with #655-656 and Spider-Island but one of the best in the last decade.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Twitter. Instagram. YouTube. DeviantArt.
Spidey_62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #223
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

Yep, that's very Otto. Make the whole world into his funeral pyre. Self-centered to the end.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #224
OctoHaz
Doc Ock Fangirl

And the plot thickens! Check out the preview for the next issue:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=12440

Damned if Slott isn't knocking this one out of the park.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #225
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
And the plot thickens! Check out the preview for the next issue:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=12440

Damned if Slott isn't knocking this one out of the park.
Ah so the destruction of half the planet was a Mysterio illusion. Damn I did not see that one coming.

- The Joker