Default Re: Hawaii Five-O - Part 1

Not Alex Mack!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Old 09-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #27
BlackLantern
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
Funny thing about Kaye is she wouldn't last 5 seconds against Kono.

Granted she's probably had some form of training but at the end of the day...she's an "lowly" analyst.
analysts may seem lowly to the uninformed, but they do a lot of the s*** work that gets everyone else the info they need......they are the ones combing through systems, emails, lines of code, junk to get the intel needed

Last edited by Hunter Rider; 09-20-2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Feel lucky
Old 09-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #28
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Oh no.... Feral BL is back. He was ****ing terrifying enough when he was on the leash.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #29
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Hess getting the better of McGarrett seemed unlikely to me but was needed to get a very good premiere up and running. Enjoyed how they mixed the light humour in with the drama, especially the little exchange with Chin and Danno.

Poor Danno.....or lucky Danno depending on your point of view.

Wo Fat doing his own hits seemed odd to me but as he walked up the passenger side I knew the driver was gonna be a traitor reveal, but my guess was Locke or even Steve's father.

Like some others have said I don't trust Locke, and I too thought he was gonna shoot Kono. Judging from next weeks promo and what McGarrett said to her, I think her role this season is going to be very interesting, working outside the lines.

It's great to have this show back, McGarrett is the only character on TV that scratches that Jack Bauer itch a little.

Quote:
Funny thing about Kaye is she wouldn't last 5 seconds against Kono.

Granted she's probably had some form of training but at the end of the day...she's an "lowly" analyst.
Well we really don't know what she is capable of as the character is sort of rebooted at this point.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 09-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #30
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Two problems I had with this episode. The Hess situation. I just can't buy Hess being an ally and helping McGarrett. If Hess was a loose end, he should've been taken care of long ago. Don't get it.

Also, the way they concluded the Rachel/Danno issue. Rachel did turn out to be a whiney, needy, and manipulative **** and I don't like that because I kind of liked Rachel. If Rachel is like this, then Danny is probably better off without her and not waiting for her. The problems are all clearly with Rachel and not Danno.

Liked how McGarrett was absolved of the murder and apparently no problem with him beating up cops, stealing a cop car, and a cop's uniform either .

- CM Punk
Old 09-20-2011, 11:53 PM   #31
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post

Liked how McGarrett was absolved of the murder and apparently no problem with him beating up cops, stealing a cop car, and a cop's uniform either .
I thought that about the uniform and cop beating as well. I'd love to see this officer show up later and just scowl at McGarret. Haha.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #32
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Missed premire on Monday but watchhed it online this morning. Good start to the season.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #33
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Good premiere episode with an unexpected twist ending.

With the footage of Wo Fat killing the Governor, can't people get a voice analysis so that they can tell if it is him? His voice is heard on the recording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Kaye is living on borrowed time. Wo Fat is untouchable, but if anyone else crosses Five-0.... time to die.

Seeing Marsters was a pleasant surprise. Nothing I read about the premiere signified that he would be back. In the age where you can't turn around without having a half dozen spoilers dropped on you, it was nice to be surprised.
Wo Fat won't ever get caught, or if he does, he'll get away. That's what always happened with the original 60s series. Even the last scene of the final episode showed Wo Fat revealing a key and planning his escape. This modern Wo Fat is even more ruthless and cunning.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #34
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Would like to see him get caught but he sure does make for a cunning lead villain.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:47 PM   #35
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
Would like to see him get caught but he sure does make for a cunning lead villain.
He might get caught, but he'll get away you can be sure of that. He probably has people everywhere and can bribe the police to assist in his escape. I can just see that a season premiere (or maybe season finale) will be Wo Fat's escape from jail and coming after the Five-0 team.

I wonder if Wo Fat will ever get his bald headed look from the 60s and 70s series?

Old 09-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #36
LostSon88
Side-Kick

I think there's about as much a chance of that happening as there is Mcgarrett wearing a suit every episode.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:17 AM   #37
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Okay so,

...am I the only one that noticed that they changed McGarretts father's name from Jack (an homage to Jack Lord) in Season one to "John" in Season two?

Old 09-22-2011, 05:10 AM   #38
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Okay so,

...am I the only one that noticed that they changed McGarretts father's name from Jack (an homage to Jack Lord) in Season one to "John" in Season two?

He was John in season 1 as well. I don't recall them actually using Jack, except in other articles where they said it was a homage to Jack Lord. But Jack is often a nickname for John anyway. John F Kennedy was called Jack, and I've heard that in other instances too, so it doesn't negate season 1 if that name was used.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #39
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Ya I don't recall it being jack either.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #40
LostSon88
Side-Kick

I recall it being Jack because it was the name mentioned through the press and what not.

But I guess if John is a nickname for Jack then, i suppose it works.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:13 PM   #41
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
I recall it being Jack because it was the name mentioned through the press and what not.

But I guess if John is a nickname for Jack then, i suppose it works.
It was mentioned in the press, but not used in actuality.

And Jack is a nickname for John (though not always), not vice versa.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #42
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

I loved the heck out of the premiere, except one thing. Maybe I'm just confused, but I didn't understand the hidden camera in the governor's office. Apparently John installed this camera in the office months earlier while he was still alive, before Season 1 even started. And it's been recording and capturing footage the whole time, thousands and thousands of hours of footage? Just so it could record Steve not killing Governor Jameson? Where did all the footage go?

Last edited by DawnWarrior; 09-22-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #43
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

They've not gotten around to watching it all yet... just the part that it filmed during the shooting....

Old 09-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #44
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

What exactly was it recorded on? Did it really have all that space to record for months (ie the duration of a whole season) up until the murder of the governor? What happened if it ran out of space just before? Then McGarrett would've been stuck.

And that means it would've captured tons of footage of Kelly Hu, who would sneak into Jameson's office to retrieve evidence every week. I wonder what else Kelly did in there? If she decided, for example, to have sex in there one day as a dare, that would've been caught on camera.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:39 PM   #45
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

It probably went to some server somewhere.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #46
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Maybe it was one of those cameras that only start recording when theres movement? Could save power and diskspace.

About Steve and that cop and EMTs, all he needs to do is take them out surfing and treat them to some Loco moco and itll be all good.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #47
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Maybe it was one of those cameras that only start recording when theres movement? Could save power and diskspace.

About Steve and that cop and EMTs, all he needs to do is take them out surfing and treat them to some Loco moco and itll be all good.
But seeing as Governor Jameson was in there every day, and Kelly Hu went in there every wednesday when the Governor was out, it would've been recording a lot. Also, it's not a very good place for John to put it in the clock. What if someone moved the clock between then and the murder? Then it would've been positioned wrongly and maybe not captured McGarrett being tasered at all.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #48
Dr. Evil
Gamora

So have the number of Five-O episodes eclipsed the combined number of episodes of Alex O's two prior series yet? If not, it's getting close.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 09-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #49
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

I hope they don't end it with steve dad being a bad guy.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #50
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

So is Jenna Kaye going to stick around for a while as part of the Five-0 team, helping to solve crimes and take down bad guys etc, now that she's been revealed as being in league with Wo Fat?

Closed Thread