The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #51
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Default Re: Hawaii Five-O - Part 1

She'll probably continue to pose as someone on their side until she's inevitably found out. And then, well........ she dead.

Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 09-23-2011, 05:31 PM   #52
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

You never know. Her involvement with Wo Fat could be a play or a bait and switch.

But it was sort of convenient how her involvement with 5-0 sort of led to the group going to hell and back.

- CM Punk
Old 09-23-2011, 05:35 PM   #53
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Do people think that she was originally intended as a genuine part of the team last season, but then the producers decided later on to have her turn traitor, or was it planned all along that she would be a villain? If it was planned all along, does that mean that her backstory of Wo Fat killing a loved one was completely fake, or has he somehow bought her off?

Old 09-23-2011, 05:49 PM   #54
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Yeah... looks like she'll be working with the team, but they'll probably start showing us that she's been actively hampering the investigation since her arrival...

She probably had a big role in WoFat ambushing Steve with the govener last season

Old 09-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #55
Teelie
Mostly Harmless

I think she's going to end up being a double agent working against Wo Fat. Making her just a simple traitor doesn't seem right.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:06 PM   #56
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Do people think that she was originally intended as a genuine part of the team last season, but then the producers decided later on to have her turn traitor, or was it planned all along that she would be a villain? If it was planned all along, does that mean that her backstory of Wo Fat killing a loved one was completely fake, or has he somehow bought her off?
Maybe the person she thought Wo Fat killed was never actually killed & its a work for me or you will never see that person again type of thing

Old 09-23-2011, 06:44 PM   #57
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Ya I wonder what they will do with her.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:57 PM   #58
LostSon88
Side-Kick

He could be blackmailing her...maybe that's why she's working for him.

Given what we've seen of her, I just can't see her working for Wo-fat from the get go. She's helped them out wayyyyyy too many times in trying to capture him.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #59
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
He could be blackmailing her...maybe that's why she's working for him.

Given what we've seen of her, I just can't see her working for Wo-fat from the get go. She's helped them out wayyyyyy too many times in trying to capture him.
But maybe she wasn't really helping them to catch him before, but just pretending to.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #60
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Well then she's one heck of a pretender given how she gave up so much intel on Wo-fat to McGarrett in her first appearance to the point that she had pictures and maps posted up all over her apartment walls.

I mean for someone who supposably has been working for Wo-fat from the get go, she sure did give 5-0 a crap load of info on him.

Don't forget that prior to meeting Kaye, Steve had never heard of Wo-fat and his connection to Victor Hess and his father.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #61
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Yeah but you know . . . maybe that's what Wo-Fat wanted. It also gave someone the inside hook on 5-0 to Wo Fat. I mean think about this, Wo Fat has ALWAYS been one step or more ahead of 5-0. Why do you think he was able to escape from the boat? Because she told him! How did Wo Fat know about McGarrett going after the governor? Because she told him.

- CM Punk
Old 09-23-2011, 08:22 PM   #62
BlackLantern
Banned User

he's baiting them....agree with what Vile says here......let them think they are gaining ground when he's coasting three steps ahead

Old 09-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #63
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
Well then she's one heck of a pretender given how she gave up so much intel on Wo-fat to McGarrett in her first appearance to the point that she had pictures and maps posted up all over her apartment walls.

I mean for someone who supposably has been working for Wo-fat from the get go, she sure did give 5-0 a crap load of info on him.

Don't forget that prior to meeting Kaye, Steve had never heard of Wo-fat and his connection to Victor Hess and his father.
That's why I wonder whether the producers only later decided that Kaye was going to be a villain, because if you look back at the previous episodes, she seemed to be fully on his side. The real tell would be what she thinks in her own time, because then that wouldn't just be McGarratt's perception of things, but an insight into her own mind as well.

I think now they will probably retcon some things to make it look as if she was deceiving McGarratt all along and was always working with Wo Fat. However, it will be difficult to explain some of these earlier occurrences. I can't imagine, if Wo Fat really did kill someone close to Kaye, that she would be turned so easily.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #64
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Just saying, we know Wo Fat is powerful.

What did Kaye really reveal to McGarrett that McGarrett really couldn't have figured out himself?

She gave him intel on Wo Fat, but she has given Wo Fat ALL the in info on 5-0. 5-0 was nearly destroyed and Wo Fat is still free and clear. He's nigh untouchable at this point. Has Wo Fat ever truly been in danger since we first learned of him? I don't think so.

Think about this, he walked into a maximum security prison and slashed Hess' throat and killed him. Walked out disguised as a prison guard without any trouble and without blinking. This guy is untouchable until McGarrett can figure out Wo Fat's weakness.

Now all that being said, there could be more to Kaye's betrayal than what we've seen. Like I said this could be a play to get in with Wo Fat on her own. Maybe Wo Fat does have leverage on her and is exploiting her to have an insider on the 5-0. It might not be black and white. We'll just have to wait and see. Or maybe she was a turncoat and traitor and in with Wo Fat from the beginning and her entire background was fabricated. Wo Fat would probably have the power to do that. I believe it.

- CM Punk
Old 09-23-2011, 08:38 PM   #65
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

The thing is that Wo Fat will always be virtually untouchable, as that is one of the classic character's key traits, if not his key trait. He's practically the template for all other series for the recurring villain that always gets away. Even if he does get caught, he will be sure to escape because he'll have someone on the inside.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #66
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

That's why I'm saying Kaye giving 5-0 intel on Wo Fat is meaningless.

Wo Fat was never in any danger from that intel she gave them. All it did was really get 5-0 in trouble for going after Wo Fat.

- CM Punk
Old 09-23-2011, 08:45 PM   #67
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Well it's not completely meaningless. If she hadn't alerted 5-0 to Wo Fat's existence or activities, they would have completely overlooked him and wouldn't even be investigating him at all. He could go about his business without looking over his shoulder and could strike at them as an unseen enemy. At least now they are onto him. Kaye could still have given Wo Fat info on 5-0 without giving 5-0 info on Wo-Fat.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #68
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Who is the actress joining the team as Kono's replacement next week?

I think Wo Fat is more than just some arms dealer, they way he pulled the hit off suggests they could be going with the spy angle from the original. As for Kaye, I agree with TVO, she has been a plant all along.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 09-23-2011, 08:54 PM   #69
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I believe the new girl's name is Lauren German.

Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 09-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #70
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I believe the new girl's name is Lauren German.
Ohhhhhh, I thought she looked a hottie that I recognized, she was in the short lived Happy Town, good addition to the show.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 09-23-2011, 09:28 PM   #71
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

i do hope kaye storyline is played out well what ever way they play it she always working for him or just he is forcing her.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 09-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #72
BlackLantern
Banned User

Id prefer her to be a straight up mole/traitor....too many times we get the "ive been forced to betray you because (insert villain name here) is threatening my life,parents, pet cocker spaniel"

Old 09-23-2011, 09:35 PM   #73
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Well Kaye can't be all bad, because she will undoubtedly help to stop criminals, otherwise she will be found out if she stands idly by. The question is how much she will get involved. Will she just provide intel or will she take a more active part and occasionally be in the field?

I wonder how long until Kono is reinstated?

Old 09-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #74
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLantern View Post
Id prefer her to be a straight up mole/traitor....too many times we get the "ive been forced to betray you because (insert villain name here) is threatening my life,parents, pet cocker spaniel"
Agreed. I want her to be a fox in the hen house. Not just another hen with a gun pointed to it's head.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #75
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Who is the actress joining the team as Kono's replacement next week?

I think Wo Fat is more than just some arms dealer, they way he pulled the hit off suggests they could be going with the spy angle from the original. As for Kaye, I agree with TVO, she has been a plant all along.
She might have been one all along, but what did the producers of the show intend? Would this "she was one all along" be a retcon if they originally wanted her to be part of the team before deciding to get Lauren German onboard?

I wouldn't mind if, in a nod to the original pilot, Wo-Fat puts someone in a sensory deprivation tank which drives them crazy, and then later captures McGarratt and uses it on him. That could potentially be a season cliffhanger.

Closed Thread