The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Old 09-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #76
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Default Re: Gears of War 3 - Part 1

Pick it up. Some of the Locust Carry it. It's called the Cleaver.

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #77
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Butchers carry it. You can either get it in campaign or in Horde Mode, in some of the smaller scale maps.

Btw, had an awesome run tonight, got my K/D way up lol. Got MVP 5 times in a row. I've just moved over from Sawed-off to gnasher and I feel like I've finally learnt how to use it properly, but in a varied way. I find too many shotgunners get undone because it's all they use. Nothing like turning the tables in a shotgunning duel and just whipping out a retro and bayonetting some guy in the guts :P

Old 09-23-2011, 04:53 PM   #78
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

I'm the complete opposite right now. Been doing real bad. When I first got the game I was unstoppable. First 15 matches went undefeated and my K/D was 4.6, now it's around 2.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #79
jacobed
Banned User

I couldnt get the hang of the gnasher so I switched to the sawed off and I destroy with it but I only use it in an emergency. What I use is the hammerburst. Ah i love the hammerburst

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:26 PM   #80
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Yea learning the gnasher is worth it, more ammo and it does the same job. I do like getting 2-3 kills with one sawed off blast though... but getting a headshot with the gnasher is a lot more satisfying.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:41 PM   #81
jacobed
Banned User

The gnasher is a much better shotgun. More ammo, faster shots, longer distance but I wasnt doin good with it and switched. I love the sawed off.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #82
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Theres nothing like getting a triple kill with that sawed off. Its glorious.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #83
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

How not to suck at Gears of War 3

ProjectPat2280 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:33 PM   #84
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

I finally got into a Beast match, what a ton of fun that is. The centipede and berserkers are deadly.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #85
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Iv still yet to play beast mode. It seems like it's a lot of fun. I'm having so much fun with the mp modes that I haven't spent much time with the campaign or horde/beast mode

Old 09-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #86
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Campaign is hella awesome. I'd happily play through it with you Pat if you're looking for other Gears. If I see you on, maybe I'll drop in. Actually, that's something I don't think has been praised enough, how easy it is to just drop into friends games. It's so damn fluid.

Old 09-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #87
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280
How not to suck at Gears of War 3
Yeah, I thought this article was really bloody superior. I hate when people complain about how damn cheap the sawed-off apparently is, when as far as I can tell, it takes more skill to use the bloody sawn off effectively than it does the gnasher... I mean both are one hit kills up close, but one can multi-kill and one has multiple shots before reloading? I still think both are pretty damn cheap, and I kinda hate how the game forces you to rely on either shotgun in order to stay on even ground with everyone else.

Sometimes it feels like a waste to me, in a game where you have all sorts of fantastic weapons and executions and people still spam one hit kill type weapons. I'm one of those people who will take a risk to do an execution, not because it's 'efficient' but because it's ****in' bad ass and that's why I play Gears!

Old 09-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #88
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Campaign is hella awesome. I'd happily play through it with you Pat if you're looking for other Gears. If I see you on, maybe I'll drop in. Actually, that's something I don't think has been praised enough, how easy it is to just drop into friends games. It's so damn fluid.

Yea absolutely man. A buddy and I are prob gonna play some campaign tonight around midnight US time, so if ur on, deff join in.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #89
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Yeah, I thought this article was really bloody superior. I hate when people complain about how damn cheap the sawed-off apparently is, when as far as I can tell, it takes more skill to use the bloody sawn off effectively than it does the gnasher... I mean both are one hit kills up close, but one can multi-kill and one has multiple shots before reloading? I still think both are pretty damn cheap, and I kinda hate how the game forces you to rely on either shotgun in order to stay on even ground with everyone else.

Sometimes it feels like a waste to me, in a game where you have all sorts of fantastic weapons and executions and people still spam one hit kill type weapons. I'm one of those people who will take a risk to do an execution, not because it's 'efficient' but because it's ****in' bad ass and that's why I play Gears!

IDK man, I think with the improved Lancer and the inclusion of the retro lancer the power of the SGs have been highly reduced compared to Gears 2.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #90
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Oh, I definitely think the rifles are better in Gears 3, but I still think the focus on shotguns is there... I just think it's a shame that in a game where the main gun has either a freakin chainsaw or a bayonet attached to it, the shotgun still apparently reigns supreme.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #91
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Oh, I definitely think the rifles are better in Gears 3, but I still think the focus on shotguns is there... I just think it's a shame that in a game where the main gun has either a freakin chainsaw or a bayonet attached to it, the shotgun still apparently reigns supreme.

Yea i think its due to the fact the shotgun, given the range, is still a one hit kill and people seem to think thats worth risking close combat. Im personally much more afraid of the Hammerburt than i am any shotty. With shotty user i know that if i just keep you at a distance you won't beat me.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:21 PM   #92
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

It's because too many people have that run n' gun mentality.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #93
jacobed
Banned User

I destroy anyone with a shotgun with my hammerburst even at closer distances. I dont find the shotguns cheap in this at all especially compared to the last 2 games.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:31 PM   #94
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk

I've never had any luck with the shotgun in Gears. I've done far more damage with the Retro Lancer

Matt Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #95
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

I got this game & I've been loving it. The campaign & Horde/Beast are awesome. The multiplayer is better than previous Gears games, but I still suck at it. Hopefully I'll get better at it.

Also, MAJOR SPOILER IN HERE!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Holy crap at Dom's death. I knew it was going to happen, but I didn't know it was going to be that early in the game. I thought they'd save it for like the last level. It was really well done too, I actually got a tear in my eye.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #96
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Me and 4 people from Giantbomb teamed up to beat Beast mode on Insane without failing. Took 5 tries but we managed it! Saving up for the final tier is key, Berserkers wreck shop.

Got a nice Onyx medal out of it, too.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #97
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Quote:

That's what's great about the retro lancer, it'll stop anybody rushing with a shotty. But the sawed off requiring skill? lol they specifically put the gun in the game for people who hate shotguns, that's why you don't have to aim. It'll kill anybody who evades around a corner trying to pop you with gnasher if you shoot in their general direction.

Anyways I'm trying to unlock the laugh track/super active reload/infinite ammo mutators for horde... hahah it'll make getting Onyx medals a lot more fun.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:00 AM   #98
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

With the sawed off, you need be to literally exactly in front of your enemy for the kill, same as you would for a one hit kill with the gnasher anyway, except with the gnasher you can keep spamming the trigger, the sawed off means you've got to dodge and roll and evade until you can reload, and then you've got to try and get close enough to get a shot again, with out getting killed. It's not that easy. Most of the time, when I get killed by a sawed off, it's when I'm taken by surprise, in which case a gnasher would have one shot killed me just the same anyway.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:23 AM   #99
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Quote:
with the gnasher you can keep spamming the trigger, the sawed off means you've got to dodge and roll and evade until you can reload, and then you've got to try and get close enough to get a shot again, with out getting killed.

If you miss with the sawed off you're having a bad day.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:56 AM   #100
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Really the only benefit to the sawed off is it's massive birth and it's ability to take out multiple people in one hit.

The main reason I use it? I think the Gnasher looks odd when on the characters back, it's too low and that bugs me, so I roll with the Sawed off. Really, that's it.

And yes, the multi kills kick ass

ProjectPat2280 is online now   Reply With Quote