The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Old 09-25-2011, 05:16 AM   #101
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Default Re: Gears of War 3 - Part 1

yeah it's a much cooler weapon despite it's n00bz friendliness.

Anyways I just found out that playing a private match with bots still counts towards medals/ribbons... Hahah I'll unlock superstar Cole in no time now.

Master Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:54 AM   #102
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I really don't think the sawed off is that noobish to use... If you are using sawed off and are directly facing off a gnasher guy, the gnasher has the better range for a one hit kill and will win over the sawed off. The sawed off basically works best for sneaking up on a group and taking out multiple enemies but it really is limited but it's range. I love the sawed off in Horde though, because I like saving it for the big enemies than just getting in close and obliterating them.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:31 AM   #103
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

It is well-balanced. I class it in noOb territory coz you can roll into a cluster of 3 guys and, without aiming, turn them into chunks with one shot. Sure some people can be skilled at using it offensively but at the end of the day it's an overpowered weapon with a ridiculous spread. You can tell from the design that it was meant to be a weapon for folks who want to experience the joys of the gnasher without getting a feel for the gnasher.

With all that said tho I do think it is fun to use, and I don't have a problem with people using it.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #104
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
yeah it's a much cooler weapon despite it's n00bz friendliness.

Anyways I just found out that playing a private match with bots still counts towards medals/ribbons... Hahah I'll unlock superstar Cole in no time now.
Or just download something at the highest speed possible & then find a match & you will automatically get put into a match with bots. You can also level up this way

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:19 AM   #105
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Really the only benefit to the sawed off is it's massive birth and it's ability to take out multiple people in one hit.

The main reason I use it? I think the Gnasher looks odd when on the characters back, it's too low and that bugs me, so I roll with the Sawed off. Really, that's it.

And yes, the multi kills kick ass
It bugs me that it's lever-action. Pump-action or semi-auto would be so much more efficient and not outdated.

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:21 AM   #106
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

That's all true, but the part that balances it out is that after that one shot, if there's anyone left alive, you're most likely dead. With a gnasher, I find you can hold your ground better.

Most people ***** about Sawed-Off because from there point of view, someone has just come in and one shot them. What they don't see is straight after the kill, that guy gets perforated by like 3 dudes with Gnashers or Retros. It all balances out.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #107
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

I get how it balances out in the game. I'm just so confused why the Army in the future, a Coalition of Governments no less, would adopt such an inferior weapon. I realize you can't go prone in the game but if they wanted to, they'd have the hardest time with the Gnasher.

I've taken out multiple enemies with the sawed off. You take one guy out, roll away, reload, take out another, rinse and repeat. IT works 50% of the time because that tactic leaves the enemies really confused and angry making them less aware. But the other 50% is just like you said.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #108
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

I just unlocked infinite ammo mutator. I'm gonna try out Arcade on insane with super reload, infinite ammo and no ammo pick-ups on. Hahah with super reload you can take out Reavers with a couple shots from the snub pistol, it's craaazy overpowered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
Or just download something at the highest speed possible & then find a match & you will automatically get put into a match with bots. You can also level up this way
Sure but that's a waste of bandwidth and people can still join those matches. Plus when it's private you can set the AI to casual, set the # of rounds to 1 and lower the timers in CTL and KOTH along with how long it takes to bleed out... I hope they leave it like that hahah, at least until I unlock everything that would have taken me months otherwise. I'm still gonna play the game to death, I just want all that swag early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlsAppetite View Post
It bugs me that it's lever-action. Pump-action or semi-auto would be so much more efficient and not outdated.
Practical almost never = cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
That's all true, but the part that balances it out is that after that one shot, if there's anyone left alive, you're most likely dead. With a gnasher, I find you can hold your ground better.

Most people ***** about Sawed-Off because from there point of view, someone has just come in and one shot them. What they don't see is straight after the kill, that guy gets perforated by like 3 dudes with Gnashers or Retros. It all balances out.
The people who are whining about the sawed off are the people who can't dominate with the gnasher anymore.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #109
XEdge
Straight Edge and Proud

do I need to play the 1st 2 GOWs in order to play GOW3?

is GOW3 better than GOW2?

XEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:18 PM   #110
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

In terms of the Campaign? It's recommended but you could just as easily read a synopsis for the 1 & 2.

Yes. The multiplayer is so much better in this one than GoW2.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:06 PM   #111
jacobed
Banned User

You dont have to since they have a previously on Gears but to really get into the story and characters I'd say play at least the second. Gow 3 is better than 2 in every way possible

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #112
LuisTX85
Caped Crusader

I love the"Previously on Gears"type of videos and I'd sure love for this kind of things to be added to other games,Campaign also makes some references to the last two games!!..IF you want to know even more background info on some characters..Then comics&novels are awesome reads,Graphic Novel Book#1(I have it& recommend it)features Jayce(Gears 3 new character)/a team mission and Marcus in casual cloths!!I think Sam is in Book 2!?

I think Gears 1 was great,Gears 2 as awesome and Gears 3 as amazingly awesome&by far the best game so far!!!

LuisTX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:13 PM   #113
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

The great thing about the Gears trilogy is each game plays and looks the same. You won't regret playing through the first two. 3 is the best of the series though.

Anyhow I had a little test run and this is ridiculously awesome lmao you don't even have to stop shooting.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-25-2011, 06:30 PM   #114
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

That's awesome.

The only thing I don't like about this game is that darn Seriously 3.0 achievement. I'm going to get every other achievement, and it annoys me that I won't get that one. I mean, Onyx every single medal? WTF? Who is actually going to do that?

Old 09-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #115
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlsAppetite View Post
That's awesome.

The only thing I don't like about this game is that darn Seriously 3.0 achievement. I'm going to get every other achievement, and it annoys me that I won't get that one. I mean, Onyx every single medal? WTF? Who is actually going to do that?
Plenty of people will.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:18 PM   #116
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
The great thing about the Gears trilogy is each game plays and looks the same. You won't regret playing through the first two. 3 is the best of the series though.

Anyhow I had a little test run and this is ridiculously awesome lmao you don't even have to stop shooting.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
How'd you get Infinite Ammo ? Sounds like a ***** to unlock

Old 09-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #117
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo7877 View Post
Plenty of people will.
People who will do nothing but play that game, but I guess that's why that achievement is there. I like multiplayer achievements but ones like that are just ridiculous. I feel like it's Epic's way of begging us to play their multiplayer.

Last edited by AxlsAppetite; 09-25-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:25 PM   #118
LuisTX85
Caped Crusader

Good thing I don't care about achievements or trophies,I'm totally content with campaign&whatever multiplayer ones I can get..IF I get some then awesome But I ain't hungry for them!!!

LuisTX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #119
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

I'm really loving this game. My only complaint so far is the lack of Carmine in the campaign. He's my favorite character from the series (I count all 3 brothers as one since they're very similar). I might get the Clay figure that's coming out soon.

Though, he had some badass moments at the end of the game so it's cool.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #120
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Yeah, they're probably saving him for the DLC.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:59 PM   #121
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

I hope they are lol.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
And I really hope they throw in a couple more gags with him almost dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
How'd you get Infinite Ammo ? Sounds like a ***** to unlock
To unlock it you gotta get 100 Combat Engineer ribbons. It wouldn't be so hard if they weren't limited to one every 10 waves of Horde lol.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:02 PM   #122
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

I saw a youtube video with an easy way to get it fast.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:17 PM   #123
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Yeah, I started a private match on wave 10, casual with super reload mutator activated on Checkout with an extra controller as a guest.

Then I bought the base at the first spawn and killed as many locust as I could before dying. I kept doing that and failing until I had around $90,000. Then I bought a turret, shot it, reloaded it five times, got ribbon. Again I killed every enemy until there was one, failed, repeat reloading the turret.

I had to do that 85 times lmao, it was worth it though. I got the Onxy medal for building stuff in Horde in the process and upgraded my sentry a level. I usually hate grinding but this was pretty fun.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:49 PM   #124
Drizzle
Age of Ultron

Just finished the campaign. Awesome. I found the GOW series to be even more satisfying than Halo. And did you guys see this:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-26-2011, 05:29 AM   #125
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, I started a private match on wave 10, casual with super reload mutator activated on Checkout with an extra controller as a guest.

Then I bought the base at the first spawn and killed as many locust as I could before dying. I kept doing that and failing until I had around $90,000. Then I bought a turret, shot it, reloaded it five times, got ribbon. Again I killed every enemy until there was one, failed, repeat reloading the turret.

I had to do that 85 times lmao, it was worth it though. I got the Onxy medal for building stuff in Horde in the process and upgraded my sentry a level. I usually hate grinding but this was pretty fun.
Wouldn't that have been easier with other players ? & you guys just help each other get that thing