Old 05-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #76
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Default Re: Kevin Williamson's 'The Following'

Deadline:
Quote:
The new drama set to debut midseason is:
THE FOLLOWING
THE FBI estimates there are currently over 300 active serial killers in the United States. What would happen if these killers had a way of communicating and connecting with each other? What if they were able to work together and form alliances across the country? What if one brilliant psychotic serial killer was able to bring them all together and activate a following? Welcome to THE FOLLOWING, the terrifying new thriller from creator/executive producer Kevin Williamson (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Dawson’s Creek,” the “Scream” franchise). When notorious serial killer JOE CARROLL (James Purefoy, “Rome”) escapes from death row and embarks on a new killing spree, the FBI calls former agent RYAN HARDY (Emmy-nominated actor Kevin Bacon, “X-Men: First Class”) to consult on the case. Having since withdrawn from the public eye, Hardy was responsible for Carroll’s capture nine years ago, after Carroll murdered 14 female students on the Virginia college campus where he taught literature. Hardy is a walking textbook of all-things Carroll. He knows him better than anyone; he is perhaps Carroll’s only psychological and intellectual match. But the Ryan Hardy who broke the Carroll case years ago isn’t the same man today. Wounded both physically and mentally by his previous pursuit of this serial killer, it’s been a long time since Hardy has been in the field. This investigation is his redemption, his call to action. In contrast to nine years ago, Hardy isn’t calling the shots on this case. He works closely with an FBI team, which includes all-business and tough-as-nails JENNIFER MASON (Jeananne Goossen, “The Vow,” ALCATRAZ) and young, razor-sharp MIKE WESTON (Shawn Ashmore, “X-Men”). The team considers Hardy to be more of a liability than an asset. But Hardy proves his worth when he uncovers that Carroll was covertly communicating with a network of killers in the outside world. It quickly becomes obvious that he has more planned than just a prison escape, and there’s no telling how many additional killers are out there. The FBI’s investigation leads Hardy to CLAIRE MATTHEWS (Natalie Zea, “Justified”), Carroll’s ex-wife and mother of the criminal’s 10-year-old son, JOEY (newcomer Kyle Catlett). Close during Hardy’s initial investigation, Hardy turns to Claire for insight into Carroll’s next move. The tension rises when Carroll’s accomplices kidnap his intended last victim from nine years ago. Hardy becomes ever more determined to end Carroll’s game when he realizes that this psychopath intends to finish what he started. The thriller will follow Hardy and the FBI as they are challenged with the ever-growing web of murder around them, masterminded by the devious Carroll, who dreams of writing a novel with Hardy as his protagonist. The reinvigorated Hardy will get a second chance to capture Carroll, as he’s faced with not one but a cult of serial killers.
PRODUCTION COMPANIES: Warner Bros. Television, Outerbanks Entertainment, Bonanza Productions Inc.
CREATOR/WRITER/EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Kevin Williamson
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER/DIRECTOR: Marcos Siega
CAST: Kevin Bacon as Ryan Hardy, James Purefoy as Joe Carroll, Jeananne Goossen as Agent Jennifer Mason, Natalie Zea as Claire Matthews, Kyle Catlett as Joey Matthews, Shawn Ashmore as Agent Weston, Valorie Curry as Denise, Adan Canto as Billy Thomas, Nico Tortorella as Will Wilson
Want this. So ****ing much.

By 2016, Batman will have appeared in three big-screen films since 2008. By 2016, Iron Man will have appeared in six films in the same amount of time. Find new s*** to diagnose the current state of cinema with.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Old 05-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #77
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

January.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #78
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

First Look Photos

By 2016, Batman will have appeared in three big-screen films since 2008. By 2016, Iron Man will have appeared in six films in the same amount of time. Find new s*** to diagnose the current state of cinema with.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Old 05-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #79
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Ugh. This is in the post-Bones slot. Yaaay, let's put a promising new series on midseason behind a show that's on its last legs. Wonderful.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Old 05-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #80
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Trailer:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Old 05-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #81
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Want. This. NOW!

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Old 05-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #82
Crockett
With Teeth

Needs more Purefoy, nah but I like what I'm seeing, I really hope this will be a hit. Seeing this also makes me badly want Hannibal to move forward.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #83
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I really wonder how graphic this will end up being.... I hope the answer to that is very.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Old 05-14-2012, 11:45 PM   #84
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

Damn, that looked so good. That scene where the girl is naked and holding a knife is deliciously intense.

Henchman for Shadaloo
Old 05-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #85
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Ugh. This is in the post-Bones slot. Yaaay, let's put a promising new series on midseason behind a show that's on its last legs. Wonderful.
24 had great success in that slot and it was basically the only slot open, pairing Glee with American Idol on Thursdays makes more sense.
Football will be done and The Following is great counter programming against Dancing with the Stars, CBS' Crap-o-Rama and The Voice.

Rick and Morty
Old 05-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #86
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
24 had great success in that slot and it was basically the only slot open, pairing Glee with American Idol on Thursdays makes more sense.
Football will be done and The Following is great counter programming against Dancing with the Stars, CBS' Crap-o-Rama and The Voice.
I sure hope you're right. This looks too damn good to be a one-season-before-cancellation show.

I hope they promote the crap out of it, and not just the month before it airs.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Old 05-15-2012, 12:32 AM   #87
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

Fox seems good at premiering shows, they'll get people to check it out - it all depends if they like what they see. Touch, Alcatraz, Terra Nova had great to decent premiere numbers but they collapsed as the next 10 episodes aired.

Rick and Morty
Old 05-15-2012, 05:32 AM   #88
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Surprised to see a trailer for a show that wont air for 8 months, it's looks a little cliche but still very good in it's execution.

Is the female FBI agent the morgue chick from Alcatraz?

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-15-2012, 06:03 AM   #89
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Watching that trailer,I'm now convinced that Bacon would have been suited better playing the serial killer.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #90
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I don't see it. He comes off perfectly as the damaged hero.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Old 05-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #91
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

This looks good. Bacon, Purefoy and Williamson in a serial killer show. Yes I'm in.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #92
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Deadline:
Quote:
Elsewhere, Jeananne Goossen, who landed the role of FBI agent Jennifer Mason on Fox’s new drama The Following after an extensive search, will be departing. I hear the character is being aged up and reworked.
Aged up, you say?

Elizabeth Mitchell. Do it, Williamson.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Old 05-24-2012, 06:24 AM   #93
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

So she'll only be in the pilot? first Alcatraz is cancelled and now she's dropped from this, she can't catch a break.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #94
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Sounds like a full recast to me. I'm guessing they'll reshoot all the scenes featuring that character.

Eh. She's young and attractive. I'm sure she'll land on her feet.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Old 06-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #95
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

IGN:
Quote:
The Following: Kevin Williamson Talks About His New Serial Killer-Themed TV Series
The Scream creator discusses his new FOX series and how he got Kevin Bacon to play the lead.
by Eric Goldman
May 31, 2012

One of the most promising TV series for the coming season looks to be The Following. Created by Kevin Williamson (Scream, The Vampire Diaries), the series -- which will debut midseason on FOX for a 15-episode run -- stars Kevin Bacon as a retired FBI agent called back into action when the killer (James Purefoy) he captured years before escapes – only to learn that the killer has managed to amass his own devotees, who seem intent on helping him carry out his dark mission.

I recently spoke to Williamson about his approach to the series, and casting Bacon – who’d long been sought after for a TV project.

IGN TV: What was the inspiration for The Following?

Kevin Williamson: Well, I had the story - I was working on it 16 or 17 years ago. I was writing Scream, and this idea came to me at the same time. I put it in a box and didn’t deal with it until now. So I had tried to develop it as a series before, then I tried to develop it as a feature film, then I tried to develop it as a graphic novel -- nothing quite worked. And then the time felt right, and I did it.

IGN: Everyone wanted Kevin Bacon for a TV series, but you obviously had the right project.

Williamson: I think it was what he wanted to do. I think he was drawn to this kind of material. Now that I’ve gotten to know him a little bit better, I understand that this is exactly his type of stuff, it’s up his alley. He likes this type of TV. He likes the thrillers, he likes the roller coaster ride. I think he enjoys the project in addition to playing just the FBI guy.

IGN: So just how wide has the killer in this story extended his reach?

Williamson: I don’t want to give anything away, but it does seem to stretch from coast to coast, to some degree. We’re dealing with a man who, while he was in prison, the first thing they discover is that he had internet access through a weird, weird chain of events. He never should have had internet access, but he did. And because of that, they don’t know who he was contacting. So that’s kind of the conceit, and that could be anyone in the world.

IGN: You’ve got 15 episodes for this season. With a story like this, how do you arc it? Do think in multiple seasons?

Williamson: Well, I thought about it. I have this season pretty much worked out and next season, because I know how big we’re gonna get, where the break-off point is gonna be, what the jeopardy and the stakes of the very first -- once you see the pilot, you’ll actually understand when I say that it actually kind of writes itself in terms of the framework of the first season. The serial killer lays it all out. And so the first season will be watching that happen, and then we’ll watch how our FBI team and Kevin Bacon’s character has to constantly stay one step ahead of him. Because a lot of the time, they’re behind. That’ll be the whole show. It was the fun of 24 - was Keifer Sutherland always had a problem to solve, and that’s the same here. They just have to stop it before one more person dies. And unfortunately... a lot of people are going to die.

IGN: If you want an exciting FOX series, you’ve gotta get a Flatliner. That seems to be the lesson here.

Williamson: Oh, that’s right! Friday the 13th, Footloose. It’s all good.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Old 06-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #96
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

TV Line:
Quote:
SATURDAY, JULY 14
The Following (Fox)| Series stars Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy join executive producers Kevin Williamson and Marcos Siega. (Room 6BCF)
Wish I was going.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Old 06-13-2012, 12:54 AM   #97
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...e-goossen.html
Quote:
'The Following' adds series regular to replace Jeananne Goossen

Kevin Williamson is looking for a new female face to lead the FBI pursuit on his highly anticipated new thriller, "The Following." In the pilot Jeananne Goossen plays FBI agent Jennifer Mason, who partners with Ryan Hardy (Kevin Bacon) to track down serial killer Joe Carrol (James Purefoy). It's already been announced that Goossen's option was not picked up, but the character has not been recast.

In the second episode, they realize that Carroll is a much greater threat, and Mason will head back to Quantico as the feds send in an expert on cult behavior.

This will be Agent Debra Parker. Producers are looking for an actress in her mid-30s to early-40s to play Debra, who is described as a study in contradiction. "She can be extremely mannered and polite, friendly with a great sense of humor - then rip you to shreds if necessary. She'll follow the rules one minute and break them the next - even change them if it suits her," the breakdown specifies.

Parker isn't afraid to use her sexuality to get results, and get them she does -- in fact, she's known for her success and her track record has few black marks. Of course, this is a Kevin Williamson show -- so we can expect her to have some serious skeletons in her closet.
Huh. I guess it's not a recast after all.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Old 06-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #98
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Poetry of a Killer
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Old 07-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #99
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

The Following SDCC T-Shirt

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Old 07-15-2012, 01:30 AM   #100
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

edit

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Closed Thread