The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #51
swarm
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

reate a Hero RPG SEASON III Application

Character you have created: Philip Williams
Alias:Swarm

Speech Colour (Actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not): Franklin Gothic Medium

Character Alignment: Hero/Villain/Walking the Line walking the line

Identity:Secret/Known known

Character Personality (Give information on how your character acts, what he/she believes in, how they handle situations): Hides and then acts on peoples weakness . Because of the nature of his powers he can hide in very small spaces . Revenge is his motivation on those who cost him, his humanity . Then possibly on the rest of the world .

Uniform/costume: Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like no costume , fundamentally a swarm of wasps

Origin Info/Details: Philip Williams was a brilliant if eccentric entymologist and was experimenting with wasps and a new method of gene splicing . One swarm of wasps was showing very promising results and he was hopeful of a breakthrough in research to create a form of programmable biological controls for a wide range of pests . The wasps swarmed and the contractors who had installed the CCTV had not properly sealed the ducting. Wasps started to escape . As Dr Williams began to use a new CIA issued pheromone spray to lure the swarm back to the containment area he managed to spray himself . The swarm struck, and dying from the multiple stings he knocked the gene splicing compound and zoltaac the new gene interference pestcide all over himself. This led to the disintegration of his body but the retention of hiss intelligence in the swarm . Hearing the buzzing and after the pain passed he looked into a mirror and saw hat he had become .
Trying to communicate with his wife he accidentally stung and injured her . Finally by forming writing with the insects he had now become he said goodbye to her and became forever the swarm an enemy of the CIA .

Hero Type (Select one):
Normal (Non-powered characters)
Brick/Muscle
Elemental (Select: Water, Wind, Earth)
Energy (What kind of energy? Ex. Electricity, Fire)
Psychic
Acrobat
Speedster
Gray Matter (Super-smart characters)
Shape Shifter closest
Mystic (Spell casters/magic users)
Supernatural (Divine agents, Vampires, werewolves, Cosmic deities)

Power Level (Select one below):

1. Street Level (Ex. Punisher, Daredevil) 1
2. City Level (Ex. Spider-Man, Cyclops)
3. World Level (Ex. Flash, Superman)
4. Cosmic (Ex. Silver Surfer, GreenLantern)

NOTE: Having only one or two powers does not automatically make a character a level 2. The levels reflect how powerful the powers themselves are, not only the variety. A level 3 may be more powerful then a level 4. These levels serve to show where your powerful hero operates, as heroes this powerful may be cosmic wonderers or Earth-bound. Also, Game Masters will be wary of approving level 3 or 4 characters. An extremely well-thought out and great sample post will be needed to be approved for a high level character. Your post should be as powerful as your character.

Powers (Be Specific): Flight the thousands of wasps can fly as a swarm although slowly and not in high winds, sting attacks these are potentially lethal stings with different level of effect most cause debilitating pain and irritation but can also paralyse the CNS . De-solidification , can slip into very tiny spaces . Any space larger than about 1/16th of an inch can be go into . Bite attacks , swarm can bite through medium plastics and thin metal as found in car bodies and similar . Telepathy , a group of wasps can be detached as scouts up to about of a mile . These are able to communicate with the main a swarm by telepathy. Resistant to bullets and other point type attacks (damage reduction) as they will only damage a few individuals and there are no large vital organs to disrupt.

Attributes (Select one at each category):

Strength Level:
Normal Human, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, or 100 tons. (Characters stronger then 100 tons fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters) normal human

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Normal Human, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, or 100 MPH. (Characters at 100 MPH or faster fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters) 10

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: Normal Human, 2, 3, 4, 5 hours. Normal (Characters at 5 hours or more fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)normal human

Agility: NormalHuman, 5X, 10X, 15X, or 20X Human level. (Characters at 20X or higher fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters) x5

Intelligence: Average/Genius/Super-Genius (If another Level 3 or 4 stat is chosen with Super-Genius the character falls under rules of Level 3 and 4 genius characters) genius

Fighting Skill: Untrained/Trained/Mastered (If another Level 3 or 4 stat is chosen with Mastered the character falls under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters) untrained

Resources: Minimal/Average/Large/Extreme (If another Level 3 or 4 stat is chosen with Extreme the character falls under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters) minimal

NOTE: Even if all attributes chosen are Normal human when Super-Genius, Mastered, and Extreme are chosen for the final three attributes, this player is a level 3 or 4 character, such as Batman.

Weaknesses (If your stats chosen are deemed powerful enough by a Game Master with no weakness, the character will fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters. Even with a weakness, a Game Master may rule it as a Level 3 or 4 character): area effectand gas based attacks do additional damage and the swarm has gained the animalistic fear of fire.

Supporting Characters (Does your character have a significant other? A mother? Friend? Who are they, what do they have to do with your character?): wife injured and scarred by the transformed swarm he watches her but no longer trys to communicate. Always there is the pain of loss .

List a few reasons why you've created that character: I wanted to create something that wasn't human and not just a monster . This gives a new twist to the game and something to make people think .

What can you bring to the RPG?: writing style, original ideas, and over thirty years of roleplaying experience

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: not a chance

Sample Post
(Minimum Four paragraphs containing dialogue): Swarm circled around the building. There on the40th floor was a cable inlet .A small detachment went up to investigate; the conduit was open and they crawled in , a mesh screen was no barrier . Down through the ducting they flew to the 15th floor and the management suite of Global Chemicals. Multifaceted eyes watched Robert Hathaway chief exec open the safe .



There they could see the data sticks which held the formula that had destroyed Philip.


This chemical could destroy the whole of humanity turning it into a buzzing crawling mass of insects . He had to have it , corporations had no sense and although they deserved to die as he had done there was still his wife . And yet...


A few individuals detached themselves from the group and waited the rest returned to the swarm .




Hathaway left the office heading for his car , he had seen a few wasps around today but you always got a few around the facility. He heard an angry buzzing and there wasps all around him in a thick cloud too many to shoo away . Then the voice came , zoltaac your new pesticide destroyed me and now its time for me to destroy you
The man screamed as the pain started with wasps crawling all over and stinging . They went into his mouth , down his clothes , up his shirt. In less than five minutes it was all over . The swarm started to chew detaching gobbets of flesh eating into his eyeballs and tongue. There was enough meat for all. Then the pest control van rounded the corner ...

swarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:08 PM   #52
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen
 
NiteMare Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My own Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 3,731
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarm View Post
reate a Hero RPG SEASON III Application

Character you have created: Philip Williams
Alias:Swarm

Speech Colour (Actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not): Franklin Gothic Medium

Character Alignment: Hero/Villain/Walking the Line walking the line

Identity:Secret/Known known

Character Personality (Give information on how your character acts, what he/she believes in, how they handle situations): Hides and then acts on peoples weakness . Because of the nature of his powers he can hide in very small spaces . Revenge is his motivation on those who cost him, his humanity . Then possibly on the rest of the world .

Uniform/costume: Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like no costume , fundamentally a swarm of wasps

Origin Info/Details: Philip Williams was a brilliant if eccentric entymologist and was experimenting with wasps and a new method of gene splicing . One swarm of wasps was showing very promising results and he was hopeful of a breakthrough in research to create a form of programmable biological controls for a wide range of pests . The wasps swarmed and the contractors who had installed the CCTV had not properly sealed the ducting. Wasps started to escape . As Dr Williams began to use a new CIA issued pheromone spray to lure the swarm back to the containment area he managed to spray himself . The swarm struck, and dying from the multiple stings he knocked the gene splicing compound and zoltaac the new gene interference pestcide all over himself. This led to the disintegration of his body but the retention of hiss intelligence in the swarm . Hearing the buzzing and after the pain passed he looked into a mirror and saw hat he had become .
Trying to communicate with his wife he accidentally stung and injured her . Finally by forming writing with the insects he had now become he said goodbye to her and became forever the swarm an enemy of the CIA .

Hero Type (Select one):
Normal (Non-powered characters)
Brick/Muscle
Elemental (Select: Water, Wind, Earth)
Energy (What kind of energy? Ex. Electricity, Fire)
Psychic
Acrobat
Speedster
Gray Matter (Super-smart characters)
Shape Shifter closest
Mystic (Spell casters/magic users)
Supernatural (Divine agents, Vampires, werewolves, Cosmic deities)

Power Level (Select one below):

1. Street Level (Ex. Punisher, Daredevil) 1
2. City Level (Ex. Spider-Man, Cyclops)
3. World Level (Ex. Flash, Superman)
4. Cosmic (Ex. Silver Surfer, GreenLantern)

NOTE: Having only one or two powers does not automatically make a character a level 2. The levels reflect how powerful the powers themselves are, not only the variety. A level 3 may be more powerful then a level 4. These levels serve to show where your powerful hero operates, as heroes this powerful may be cosmic wonderers or Earth-bound. Also, Game Masters will be wary of approving level 3 or 4 characters. An extremely well-thought out and great sample post will be needed to be approved for a high level character. Your post should be as powerful as your character.

Powers (Be Specific): Flight the thousands of wasps can fly as a swarm although slowly and not in high winds, sting attacks these are potentially lethal stings with different level of effect most cause debilitating pain and irritation but can also paralyse the CNS . De-solidification , can slip into very tiny spaces . Any space larger than about 1/16th of an inch can be go into . Bite attacks , swarm can bite through medium plastics and thin metal as found in car bodies and similar . Telepathy , a group of wasps can be detached as scouts up to about of a mile . These are able to communicate with the main a swarm by telepathy. Resistant to bullets and other point type attacks (damage reduction) as they will only damage a few individuals and there are no large vital organs to disrupt.

Attributes (Select one at each category):

Strength Level:Normal Human, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, or 100 tons. (Characters stronger then 100 tons fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters) normal human

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Normal Human, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, or 100 MPH. (Characters at 100 MPH or faster fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters) 10

Endurance at MAXIMUM Effort: Normal Human, 2, 3, 4, 5 hours. Normal (Characters at 5 hours or more fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters)normal human

Agility: NormalHuman, 5X, 10X, 15X, or 20X Human level. (Characters at 20X or higher fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters) x5

Intelligence: Average/Genius/Super-Genius (If another Level 3 or 4 stat is chosen with Super-Genius the character falls under rules of Level 3 and 4 genius characters) genius

Fighting Skill: Untrained/Trained/Mastered (If another Level 3 or 4 stat is chosen with Mastered the character falls under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters) untrained

Resources: Minimal/Average/Large/Extreme (If another Level 3 or 4 stat is chosen with Extreme the character falls under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters) minimal

NOTE: Even if all attributes chosen are Normal human when Super-Genius, Mastered, and Extreme are chosen for the final three attributes, this player is a level 3 or 4 character, such as Batman.

Weaknesses (If your stats chosen are deemed powerful enough by a Game Master with no weakness, the character will fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters. Even with a weakness, a Game Master may rule it as a Level 3 or 4 character): area effectand gas based attacks do additional damage and the swarm has gained the animalistic fear of fire.

Supporting Characters (Does your character have a significant other? A mother? Friend? Who are they, what do they have to do with your character?): wife injured and scarred by the transformed swarm he watches her but no longer trys to communicate. Always there is the pain of loss .

List a few reasons why you've created that character: I wanted to create something that wasn't human and not just a monster . This gives a new twist to the game and something to make people think .

What can you bring to the RPG?: writing style, original ideas, and over thirty years of roleplaying experience

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: not a chance

Sample Post (Minimum Four paragraphs containing dialogue): Swarm circled around the building. There on the40th floor was a cable inlet .A small detachment went up to investigate; the conduit was open and they crawled in , a mesh screen was no barrier . Down through the ducting they flew to the 15th floor and the management suite of Global Chemicals. Multifaceted eyes watched Robert Hathaway chief exec open the safe .


There they could see the data sticks which held the formula that had destroyed Philip.


This chemical could destroy the whole of humanity turning it into a buzzing crawling mass of insects . He had to have it , corporations had no sense and although they deserved to die as he had done there was still his wife . And yet...


A few individuals detached themselves from the group and waited the rest returned to the swarm .




Hathaway left the office heading for his car , he had seen a few wasps around today but you always got a few around the facility. He heard an angry buzzing and there wasps all around him in a thick cloud too many to shoo away . Then the voice came , zoltaac your new pesticide destroyed me and now its time for me to destroy you
The man screamed as the pain started with wasps crawling all over and stinging . They went into his mouth , down his clothes , up his shirt. In less than five minutes it was all over . The swarm started to chew detaching gobbets of flesh eating into his eyeballs and tongue. There was enough meat for all. Then the pest control van rounded the corner ...
approved

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:38 PM   #53
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,474
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

Aite, I've made what private use I needed of the meeting room so far. So if you guys needed to use it feel free to.

Just try to stay outta the kitchen instead, now.

__________________
Check out the brand new Off-Panel Podcast!
Listen to the sexy voice of yours truly and some other members of the Superherohype! Forums. The comic-book show where tensions are high and the ink is fresh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:29 AM   #54
Erin
Enters with conviction.
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 184
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Turning back to Pinup again he added weight to his statement "And if I find you in my room or a restricted area, you'll wake up on the curb outside the building."

“Oh, you can be confident your room is the last place I'd ever be."

So Hound,
...sibling rivalry or Chekhov's Gun? Because I truly don't know.

Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:22 AM   #55
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,151
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

I trample all over Chekhov's corpse...

Vigilante can't take two steps without tripping over another of Chekhov's guns because I like to keep things open enough to allow wiggle room so I don't inadvertantly trample on other people's characters. Typically they have seldom gone off, but I like having them there... plus it keeps people guessing; if I don't know if I'm going to use it I don't expect other people to.

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."

Last edited by Hound55; 10-11-2011 at 04:51 AM.
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:24 AM   #56
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,151
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyside-kick View Post
Aite, I've made what private use I needed of the meeting room so far. So if you guys needed to use it feel free to.

Just try to stay outta the kitchen instead, now.
Hey, we're trynna make breakfast over here!

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:04 AM   #57
swarm
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

sorry abut being a newbie here I'm not used to this format for RP. Can someone please advise where I need to post to get started?

swarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:09 AM   #58
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,151
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

The In Continuity thread:

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...5#post21628935


__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:56 AM   #59
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,474
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
Hey, we're trynna make breakfast over here!
...I read your post before you apparently edited it so wasn't aware. I will re-read the apparent newer ending and then get back to you on that.

__________________
Check out the brand new Off-Panel Podcast!
Listen to the sexy voice of yours truly and some other members of the Superherohype! Forums. The comic-book show where tensions are high and the ink is fresh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #60
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,151
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

I was joking around.

If you like we could have already got food and taken it somewhere or something. No biggie, we'll work around you.

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #61
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,474
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

I wasn't upset, dude. I was just making it clear that it was because I read the post before the edit almost an hour later to show I wasn't being ignorant of your post.

__________________
Check out the brand new Off-Panel Podcast!
Listen to the sexy voice of yours truly and some other members of the Superherohype! Forums. The comic-book show where tensions are high and the ink is fresh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #62
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,151
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

Ah.

I just write my own story and wait until people tell me off for breaking continuity... "What do you mean the moon blew up... Well not the moon Isaac's looking at! There can be two moons!"

I don't read anyone else's posts, I find it stifles my creativity... I come here to read my posts and check the pretty avatars.

Actually, considering the continuity errors I've made I probably shouldn't joke about that, because it's believable...

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #63
Erin
Enters with conviction.
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 184
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarm View Post
sorry abut being a newbie here I'm not used to this format for RP. Can someone please advise where I need to post to get started?
There is an Out of Character thread and an In Character thread. You post all your in-character Swarm posts in the In-Character thread here.

This is the Out of Character thread - it's mostly used for talking about past or upcoming posts, planning things out and, of course, making fun of each other.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I used to RP via Yahoo Groups and email, too, so I know the differences and how confusing this can be initially.

Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #64
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,474
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

Edited the first posts of both threads to have Erin's info as AGM added in.

And throughout the day I'm going to get around to updating the typed roster.

__________________
Check out the brand new Off-Panel Podcast!
Listen to the sexy voice of yours truly and some other members of the Superherohype! Forums. The comic-book show where tensions are high and the ink is fresh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #65
sabetoonth
Who?
 
sabetoonth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 13,545
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
There is an Out of Character thread and an In Character thread. You post all your in-character Swarm posts in the In-Character thread here.

This is the Out of Character thread - it's mostly used for talking about past or upcoming posts, planning things out and, of course, making fun of each other.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I used to RP via Yahoo Groups and email, too, so I know the differences and how confusing this can be initially.
Try jumping into whole forums devoted to one game....I first found one and was more confused than a Chameleon in a bag of Skittles.

__________________
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #66
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,474
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

Yea, one of times I tried to RP for a different site than this one...they had an entire forum for one game. Each section were different locations for this fictional world they setup. Was annoying to try to track anyone's story because when they changed locations they literally just posted in a different section and people were not always--if ever--courteous to link back and label which post it was. As if you were just supposed to know.

...I like the way we do RPGs on this site the best.

__________________
Check out the brand new Off-Panel Podcast!
Listen to the sexy voice of yours truly and some other members of the Superherohype! Forums. The comic-book show where tensions are high and the ink is fresh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #67
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,474
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

I'm downloading Firefox at work because I f**king hate Google Chrome for editing posts and Internet Explorer is useless. Updating this roster is a f**king nightmare.

Firefox all the motherf**king way.

__________________
Check out the brand new Off-Panel Podcast!
Listen to the sexy voice of yours truly and some other members of the Superherohype! Forums. The comic-book show where tensions are high and the ink is fresh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #68
Erin
Enters with conviction.
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 184
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
Try jumping into whole forums devoted to one game....I first found one and was more confused than a Chameleon in a bag of Skittles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyside-kick View Post
Yea, one of times I tried to RP for a different site than this one...they had an entire forum for one game. Each section were different locations for this fictional world they setup. Was annoying to try to track anyone's story because when they changed locations they literally just posted in a different section and people were not always--if ever--courteous to link back and label which post it was. As if you were just supposed to know.

...I like the way we do RPGs on this site the best.

I have done that before, too, and actually, I have found that if the forum is well-managed, having a whole forum dedicated to one RPG can be nice, because it can be really REALLY well-organized. For instance, you can have your character roster in one thread, your maps and locations in another thread, your OOC in one thread, and then have ONE thread for in-game play.k

But a different thread for each location is just plain ridiculous. What were they thinking? That's just begging to become a clusterf***k.

Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #69
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,474
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

Rosters should be updated. And, it is important, to know what I mean when I say Rosters. I am referring to the typed list that has the character name, player name, and then linked application.

Do not confuse that with the pictures of the microheroes listed together. As the tag above them says, those are characters throughout the games' history.

If you are not on the roster, let me know, because as far as I can tell going through the OOC thread, the only recently applied or active players, are on the typed roster list I just updated.

__________________
Check out the brand new Off-Panel Podcast!
Listen to the sexy voice of yours truly and some other members of the Superherohype! Forums. The comic-book show where tensions are high and the ink is fresh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #70
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,050
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyside-kick View Post
I'm downloading Firefox at work because I f**king hate Google Chrome for editing posts and Internet Explorer is useless. Updating this roster is a f**king nightmare.

Firefox all the motherf**king way.
Posting is about the only reason I use Firefox anymore.

I've been running two week experiments with different browsers. So far Safari was actually really good. And Opera is much better than I remember, once you tweak the default settings some.

I've even been blogging about it like all the cool kids do

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #71
sabetoonth
Who?
 
sabetoonth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 13,545
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
I have done that before, too, and actually, I have found that if the forum is well-managed, having a whole forum dedicated to one RPG can be nice, because it can be really REALLY well-organized. For instance, you can have your character roster in one thread, your maps and locations in another thread, your OOC in one thread, and then have ONE thread for in-game play.k

But a different thread for each location is just plain ridiculous. What were they thinking? That's just begging to become a clusterf***k.
Actually I play on a few SPN RPG sites that do that and it works out pretty well. but at first learning how that worked was a NIGHTMARE. Making a site like that is also kind of a pain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyside-kick View Post
I'm downloading Firefox at work because I f**king hate Google Chrome for editing posts and Internet Explorer is useless. Updating this roster is a f**king nightmare.

Firefox all the motherf**king way.
Gimme a hell yea

__________________
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #72
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,050
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

I can see how a system like that would work. Curious about a certain world? Ycan easily find all the posts that happened on it in one place without searching through a mass of posts.

You'd just need a separate page describing where everyone is.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #73
sabetoonth
Who?
 
sabetoonth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 13,545
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

Thats kinda how it works. All stories in one local are in one board, with subboards etc. took me awhile to get the hang of it

__________________
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #74
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,050
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

That would definitely be a good idea for a large Star Wars game.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #75
sabetoonth
Who?
 
sabetoonth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 13,545
Default Re: The Create-A-Hero RPG Season III OOC Thread - Part 1

There's tons of games that use that format, Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Supernatural, hell I have a freind who plays on a Glee site.

On a CAH related note. Gonna try and finish the post for the fight with Inferno

And hope yea didnt mind I added ya on AIM wieg, for future need/use

__________________
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.