The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Celebrities

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #276
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

Default Re: Rest In Peace Celebrity Edition - Part 1

In recent years, there were a few scandals.. an arrest for domestic violence, and a public divorce from his second wife.. circa 2009 he asked the presiding judge if the decision could be expedited, claiming serious health issues.. He sold the Soul Train brand and episode catalog back in 2008..

Old 02-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #277
JabarR
Side-Kick

David Peaston, whose golden voice serenaded and wowed the “Showtime at the Apollo” audiences in the late ’80s, passed away Wednesday at age 54. The actual cause of death has not been officially announced.

Peaston, whose stratospheric tenor voice was smooth and silky, managed to bring the Apollo house down with a song, “God Bless the Child,” that would eventually become his trademark.

After managing to continuously tame the wild Harlem landmark’s audiences with his hypnotic crooning for several weeks, Peaston, a former St. Louis teacher, literally became an overnight sensation with his 1989 premier album, “Introducing … David Peaston.” The album spawned the chart-toppers “Can I?” and “Two Wrongs (Don’t Make It Right).”

The son of Clara Ward Singers‘ Martha Bass, Peaston went on to win the coveted “Soul Train Music Award for Best R&B/Soul or Rap New Artist” in 1990. The following year, the five-octave range singer came out with another album, and it was then that he began the whirlwind tour across the globe with Gladys Knight and Gerald Alston. In 1993, he recorded a gospel album, “Promises: A Family Portrait Of Faith,” with his mother and sister R&B singer Fontella Bass. Soon after, due to a total lack of promotion, Peaston’s star began to fade.

Over recent years, Peaston released another album “Song Book: Songs of Soul & Inspiration,” which fell under the radar. He soon resorted to traveling with urban theatrical shows across the United States. He created his own production company, Pea-Stain, and remained active, participating in various gospel events throughout his hometown of St. Louis.

Peaston developed diabetes and became a double-amputee. As to whether his death was a result of his chronic condition, there has been no confirmation. Peaston’s ”road dawg,” friend, and singer Cheryl Pepsii Riley dedicated the following on her Facebook page:

I’m so saddened by the news, my friend David Peaston has passed. This hurts so much. He had an Incredible Voice and the Best sense of Humor! David Peaston and I were the only secular artists doin Gospel plays in the beginning. I first met him on the show “Momma Don’t”. And then we did Several other shows together, So we became Road Dawgs! :-) We could not see each other for years and get together… and it be like we just saw each other the day before. Just picked up from where we left off. He was such a Beautiful person. So much Fun, and a Really Good Man! Such a Talent, but even more than that, He was a Friend! My Dear, Crazy, Wonderful, David …. Or Unka Peasters as I called him…and he called me Tabby (from a show we did and I played his daughter), You Will Be Missed and I Shall NEVER EVER Forget You! RIP DAVID PEASTON, I Love You!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #278
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
You are one of the worst kinds of human being. Bless your lucky ****ing stars you were never in such an emotional abyss where you honestly believe death is preferable to life and every waking moment for you is torture. Your simplistic world view is grating.
You assume I haven't or that I haven't known people who reached that point or who have committed suicide. Trust me, I understand it and I get it. My statement still stands. If a person wants to take the coward's way out instead of facing whatever problems they're facing or getting help or what have you then they get no sympathy from me. There's always a way out and people to love you. Suicide is never a respectable or understandable path. It's cowardice.

If a person gives no thought to those he or she are hurting by taking their own life then why should I give them any sympathy? I'd rather reserve it for those who need and deserve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango
Perhaps you aught not air it then
Why not? Rudeness not allowed on the internet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weigeabo
My first though is 'why?'

What was the reason? Because if it's like a cancer patient who's going to be suffering for months and die anyway, I don't have much problem with it. I think it's rather inhumane to force someone to suffer for, literally, the rest of their lives.
I can understand this to a point and might reserve my feelings in this situation. This is about it though and even thats questionable. It would depend on the situation surounding the suicide. If it's a young man with a wife and kids who love him... then it's still selfish. If it's a lonely old man with no one in the world to mourn him then I'd be more lenient.

Quote:
I'm not sure why you can't feel sorry of them and their families. Something made them feel that suicide was a viable choice. And I'm sorry to see when they're put in that position.
Like I said above, if they didn't care about their family's why should I offer them sympathies? They dont' deserve it.

Quote:
Of course, that's getting of topic, and the article isn't really clear on any reasons.
True, sorry about that. I'll reign it in now.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
Old 02-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #279
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
I can understand this to a point and might reserve my feelings in this situation. This is about it though and even thats questionable. It would depend on the situation surounding the suicide. If it's a young man with a wife and kids who love him... then it's still selfish. If it's a lonely old man with no one in the world to mourn him then I'd be more lenient.
So the kids and wife get to watch him suffer in pain and waste away?

It's only the coward's way out when there's an alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #280
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
So the kids and wife get to watch him suffer in pain and waste away?
And see their husband/father as a strong person willing to go the distance to be with them for as long as he has left. To be an example that when things get impossibly difficult you don't give up. To show them that his misery isn't bigger than his love for them. That they're important and bigger than the cancer or whatever it is.

Quote:
It's only the coward's way out when there's an alternative.
There's always an alternative, even if it's simply making the best out of a miserable situation--finding strength and the will to live in something other than health. There's no alternative to death but there's always an alternative in how you handle dying.

Sorry, but for me there really is no grey area on this.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and

Last edited by JewishHobbit; 02-02-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #281
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why not? Rudeness not allowed on the internet?
Certainly seems like tact is in short supply.

Quote:
I'll reign it in now.
That would be best.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #282
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Certainly seems like tact is in short supply.
Not really.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
Old 02-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #283
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not really.
Yes. Really.

Not going to argue with this, you truely aren't worth the infraction I'd get for continuing. You're seemingly blinded to a person's suffering because your religious beliefs have instilled you with an unrealistic, fairy tale view of the world.

This isn't the ****ing movies. A person can't always just ignore the **** that's eating their insides alive just because their family gives them the warm fuzzies. I've seen it firsthand and I seriously doubt you have. Labeling a person like this (one you don't even know, no less) a coward shows how pathetic you really are. How dare you?

No doubt you'll have some smug retort but everyone else will have the pleasure of dealing with it because you're going on the IL for awhile. Hopefully you'll learn some basic decency in the meantime, or at least the restraint to keep your ******** opinions to yourself. Grow up.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #284
bullets
bang bang

I've contemplated suicide. I'm glad I smartened up but when someone like my cousin who shot himself at 17 does it , I do feel bad for them. Although it's a different kind of sad. It always feels worse when someone gets their lives taken from them beyond their control. I wouldn't condone suicide but I can see how people make stupid mistakes. It's just a shame that people feel the need to do that.

Last edited by bullets; 02-02-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #285
tzarinna
С новым годом!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabarR View Post
David Peaston, whose golden voice serenaded and wowed the “Showtime at the Apollo” audiences in the late ’80s, passed away Wednesday at age 54. The actual cause of death has not been officially announced.

Peaston, whose stratospheric tenor voice was smooth and silky, managed to bring the Apollo house down with a song, “God Bless the Child,” that would eventually become his trademark.

After managing to continuously tame the wild Harlem landmark’s audiences with his hypnotic crooning for several weeks, Peaston, a former St. Louis teacher, literally became an overnight sensation with his 1989 premier album, “Introducing … David Peaston.” The album spawned the chart-toppers “Can I?” and “Two Wrongs (Don’t Make It Right).”

The son of Clara Ward Singers‘ Martha Bass, Peaston went on to win the coveted “Soul Train Music Award for Best R&B/Soul or Rap New Artist” in 1990. The following year, the five-octave range singer came out with another album, and it was then that he began the whirlwind tour across the globe with Gladys Knight and Gerald Alston. In 1993, he recorded a gospel album, “Promises: A Family Portrait Of Faith,” with his mother and sister R&B singer Fontella Bass. Soon after, due to a total lack of promotion, Peaston’s star began to fade.

Over recent years, Peaston released another album “Song Book: Songs of Soul & Inspiration,” which fell under the radar. He soon resorted to traveling with urban theatrical shows across the United States. He created his own production company, Pea-Stain, and remained active, participating in various gospel events throughout his hometown of St. Louis.

Peaston developed diabetes and became a double-amputee. As to whether his death was a result of his chronic condition, there has been no confirmation. Peaston’s ”road dawg,” friend, and singer Cheryl Pepsii Riley dedicated the following on her Facebook page:

I’m so saddened by the news, my friend David Peaston has passed. This hurts so much. He had an Incredible Voice and the Best sense of Humor! David Peaston and I were the only secular artists doin Gospel plays in the beginning. I first met him on the show “Momma Don’t”. And then we did Several other shows together, So we became Road Dawgs! :-) We could not see each other for years and get together… and it be like we just saw each other the day before. Just picked up from where we left off. He was such a Beautiful person. So much Fun, and a Really Good Man! Such a Talent, but even more than that, He was a Friend! My Dear, Crazy, Wonderful, David …. Or Unka Peasters as I called him…and he called me Tabby (from a show we did and I played his daughter), You Will Be Missed and I Shall NEVER EVER Forget You! RIP DAVID PEASTON, I Love You!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
That's a shame, he was so young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets
I've contemplated suicide. I'm glad I smartened up but when someone like my cousin who shot himself at 17 does it , I do feel bad for them. I wouldn't condone it but I can see how people make stupid mistakes. It's just a shame that people feel the need to do that.
I'm glad you didn't go through with it, sorry about your cousin

Old 02-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #286
bullets
bang bang

Thank you Tzarinna

Old 02-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #287
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

David Peaston? God bless.. I remember the Apollo shows..

tribute to mr. cornelius--
http://according2hiphop.com/2012/02/...s-and-hip-hop/

Old 02-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #288
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Yes. Really.

Not going to argue with this,
And yet you begin arguing with...

Quote:
...you truely aren't worth the infraction I'd get for continuing. You're seemingly blinded to a person's suffering because your religious beliefs have instilled you with an unrealistic, fairy tale view of the world.
And my religious beliefs have what to do with my opinions on suicide? What mighty leaps you're taking there. FYI... my faith has nothing to do with my thoughts on suicide. Truth be told if my faith were considered on this I'd likely think differently about the topic.

Quote:
This isn't the ****ing movies. A person can't always just ignore the **** that's eating their insides alive just because their family gives them the warm fuzzies. I've seen it firsthand and I seriously doubt you have. Labeling a person like this (one you don't even know, no less) a coward shows how pathetic you really are. How dare you?
You mean like my friend Rob who blew his brains out while his wife and kid were asleep in the next room over? Yeah, I've not seen anything like that in real life Yes, he was a coward and I have no sympathy for him.

I've also had two other friends who brought themselves to seconds of ending their lives and walked their way back out of it and eventually 'recovered' for lack of better terms. THOSE people I respect.

Quote:
No doubt you'll have some smug retort but everyone else will have the pleasure of dealing with it because you're going on the IL for awhile. Hopefully you'll learn some basic decency in the meantime, or at least the restraint to keep your ******** opinions to yourself. Grow up.
Sweet! First time in 8 1/2 years I've been put on an ignore list

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and

Last edited by JewishHobbit; 02-03-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #289
ComicChick
Ready to Throw Down
SHH! Global Moderator

suicide is a tough and very touchy subject, so let's try to divert the subject elsewhere as to prevent any posts we all may regret later.

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall

The Official October Fan Art Contest
Old 02-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #290
Project862006
Banned User

Two of James Cameron's collaborators were killed in a helicopter crash in Australia.

Australian writer/producer Andrew Wight and American cinematographer Mike deGruy crashed just minutes after takeoff on the south coast of New South Wales.

Wight wrote the screenplay for the Cameron-produced Sanctum (the biggest 2010 hit in Australia) and managed his 3D production company Cameron Place, which did the work on Avatar. DeGruy was an expert in underwater cinematography, winning BAFTAs and Emmys, including one for his work on The Blue Planet.

The two were on location scouting for a documentary about Papua New Guinea.

Cameron said: "Mike and Andrew were like family to me. They were my deep sea brothers and both were true explorers who did extraordinary things and went places no human being has been."

Old 02-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #291
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Rip

Old 02-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #292
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

RIP Whitney Houston.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46355454#.TzcQglHk-So

IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII
IIII
Old 02-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #293
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Default Whitney Houston died? Nobody talking about this?????

Whoa

http://www.cbs8.com/story/16915313/w...rds-films-dies

RIP

Wish she would have gotten her life under control.

Legendary pop singer Whitney Houston has died at age 48, her representative Kristen Foster said Saturday night.

The cause of death and where she died were not immediately known.

According to her official website, Houston sold more than 170 million albums, singles and videos over her career.

Houston was set to appear in this year's "Sparkle," a remake of the 1976 hit, which was loosely based on the story of The Supremes. It was her first movie role since 1996's "The Preacher's Wife."

Her body of work includes seven straight Billboard No. 1 hits in the 1980s, including "Saving All My Love for You," "Greatest Love of All" and "Where Do Broken Hearts Go." Billboard puts her soundtrack to the movie "The Bodyguard" as one of the top 10 biggest-selling albums of all time.

The daughter of singer Cissy Houston, Whitney was born on August 9, 1963, in Newark, New Jersey. Famed music producer Clive Davis reportedly spotted Houston 20 years later in a New York nightclub, signing her on the spot, according to her website.

In May 2011, Houston got help for her much-publicized struggle with drugs and alcohol, her representative said at the time.

Last edited by \S/JcDc\S/; 02-11-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #294
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Holy hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #295
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALEL114 View Post
http://www.cbs8.com/story/16915313/w...rds-films-dies

Ya posted about this earlier. Nobody talking about it?? why??

RIP

Old 02-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #296
kvz5
HBIC

Default Re: Whitney Houston died? Nobody talking about this?????

Holy crap.

RIP...

Old 02-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #297
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

Didn't see it coming. I know she had her issue with drugs in the past and I'm sure it put a toll on her health (speculating of course).

IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII
IIII
Old 02-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #298
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

Whoa This is shocking

RIP Whitney

Old 02-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #299
kedrell
What'sa Raccoon?

That's unexpected.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #300
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

And I literally just read a rumored report that she was in talks to be a judge on the second season of X-Factor.