Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #76
Superfreak
Gramaton Cleric

Default Re: TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Yeah, it occured to me too that Alaska might be the update of the African setting and his point of origin, so to speak.

I would've prefered Africa or some other non-american backdrop for Clark to see the bigger picture.

But let's see where it goes...
Vancouver has served as an 'african' setting... SG1 had tons of desert episodes, and still filmed in Vancouver. There could still be parts.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:16 PM   #77
Frontier
Arkham Asylum Inmate

Hrm, so...

The Amy Adams Lois Lane not only has the wrong hair color, not only is too old, but now she also looks a little bloated and/or pregnant.

Awesome!

j/k

Old 10-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #78
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Is anyone else starting to let the doubts creep in?

I dunno, maybe I'm letting stuff get to me more than i'd like... but when I add up all the things i've had to be 'okay' with in order to not get down about this movie... well it seems like a lot.

No trunks, Lois is ginger, Perry's black, there appears to be no Jimmy and no Lex in Metropolis and no Lana or Pete in Smallville, Russell Crowe is Jor-el (I just kind of hate him in movies), the villains are Zod and Faora (very similar to Ursa), we've seen Clark riding around in Metropolis on a bike with no glasses, not to mention
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the rumours that Pa Kent dies, which I was really against
... I mean, all those are things that I would have absolutely fought against if suggested before they happened... and yet here we are. Yes, some of them I am more okay with no than others.

But, how much more can I take of decisions being the OPPOSITE of what I would have wanted, before this movie stops being a dream and starts being a nightmare?

Feel free to criticise me for commenting too soon, we don't know enough yet, being over dramatic blah blah... i'm just trying not to fool myself, get my hopes up, if there is really no point.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 10-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #79
spider_rob
Banned User

who cares about pete and lana?

Old 10-13-2011, 07:49 PM   #80
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_rob View Post
who cares about pete and lana?
You don't think it's weird that we have an origin story in which he has no childhood friends?

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 10-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #81
spider_rob
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
You don't think it's weird that we have an origin story in which he has no childhood friends?
it's clark's later years after he left smallvillez. how would lana and pete serve the story? they'd basically just be cameos.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #82
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
it's clark's later years after he left smallvillez. how would lana and pete serve the story? they'd basically just be cameos.
I'm not suggesting they should appear in the story that late... but if we have any scenes of Clark in his younger years (i.e. the school bus or the tornado rescue), it looks like he will be the loner kid with no friends.

Which I probably wouldn't have voted for given the choice.

It's a minor point in a list of things that don't quite sit right. Your the one choosing to focus on the smallest of all my gripes

*\S/T*
Old 10-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #83
spider_rob
Banned User

Quote:
I'm not suggesting they should appear in the story that late... but if we have any scenes of Clark in his younger years (i.e. the school bus or the tornado rescue), it looks like he will be the loner kid with no friends.

Which I probably wouldn't have voted for given the choice.

It's a minor point in a list of things that don't quite sit right. Your the one choosing to focus on the smallest of all my gripes
well i only focused on those cuz the GA doesn't really care about those two characters. Everyone is familiar with super's parents, the undies, jimmy, lex, etc so those are bigger deals.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #84
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
well i only focused on those cuz the GA doesn't really care about those two characters. Everyone is familiar with super's parents, the undies, jimmy, lex, etc so those are bigger deals.
I don't think the GA will give a hoot about any of those things being missing TBH... but I do... that's what my post was about.

Not everyone dislikes Russell Crowe's acting style either, it's all just my personal opinion.

And personally, if they are shooting scenes of Clark as a young man in Smallville, I'd have prefered a cameo from either Lana or Pete. Don't care which one, doesn't have to be both. Just some indication he had a friend growing up.

*\S/T*
Old 10-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #85
spider_rob
Banned User

Quote:
I don't think the GA will give a hoot about any of those things being missing TBH... but I do... that's what my post was about.

Not everyone dislikes Russell Crowe's acting style either, it's all just my personal opinion.

And personally, if they are shooting scenes of Clark as a young man in Smallville, I'd have prefered a cameo from either Lana or Pete. Don't care which one, doesn't have to be both. Just some indication he had a friend growing up.
i hate when they cast kids that look nothing like their adult counterparts.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #86
Spider Edge
Side-Kick

I'd love to see Lana and Pete in the Smallville scenes. at least Lana.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #87
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Has anyone seen those shirtless Cavill photos. Cause all I have to say is TESTOSTERONE. The dude is ready to go chop down some trees and wrestle a bear.

Spill

Old 10-13-2011, 09:13 PM   #88
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
Has anyone seen those shirtless Cavill photos. Cause all I have to say is TESTOSTERONE. The dude is ready to go chop down some trees and wrestle a bear.
^ I know, right? I saw them and was like....daaaaaaaayyyuuuum. He's ripped like shredded cheese. LOL

And that should lay to rest all the rumors about him needing a ton of costume padding.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:19 PM   #89
redrover
Banned User

Are people really that upset that Perry White is BLACK. SERIOUSLY, PERRY WHITE IS BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this 2011 or 1953. After Rosa Parks, MLK jr, the voting rights act, the civil rights act, african american doctors, lawyers, Supreme Court Justices, even THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, the Secretary General of the UN, people are upset that a fine actor, who is african american, is potraying Perry White. Seriously.

The comic appeared in the late 1930's, and it was inconceivable that a black man could run a major US newspaper. Heck even as late the CR films, no one would have made PW, black. But honestly, this is 2011, and unless you live in South Carolina, we are in the 21'st century. So Perry White, the editor of a major american newspaper, like the NY Times, the Washington Post, the LA Times, the Chicago Tribune, could only be white, well, we have hit a new low, as fans of Superman.

The comics have reflected their times, let us reflect ours.

Seriously, the racism is scary.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #90
batman44
Go Speed GO

Edit: DCnightwing posted the same pics I did at roughly the same time.

I like that he has hair on his chest

Looks like Clark was caught in a explosion or something.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Last edited by batman44; 10-13-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #91
DCnightwing23
Side-Kick

Cavill is ripped up. Oh wait, thats gotta be a muscle suit... Henry Cavill IS Superman. Look at how jacked up he's gotten and the guy is STILL hitting the gym every day while filming, this guy is dedicated. Wish i could say the same about Chris Evans while filming the Avengers, they guy lost almost all of his muscle by the end of filming and looked extremely scrawny in his suit. Cavill, way to be dedicated to the role!

Old 10-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #92
redrover
Banned User

Cavill does look great

Old 10-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #93
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

I love how obsessed some of you are with the muscle suit talk.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:44 PM   #94
Gamma_Powered_God
Side-Kick

Damn he wasn't kidding when he said that he put on 30 pounds of pure muscle.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #95
DarthPollo
Side-Kick

Man! what a great work from the make up artists for this.....uuummmm Muscle suit??.....

Old 10-13-2011, 09:46 PM   #96
DCnightwing23
Side-Kick

Its pretty awesome how well they can hide his muscle though, with all the Clark Kent outfits we've seen before, there's no way we could tell he was gonna be that ripped. Thats a pretty awesome thing, the way they can shadow Cavill's build so well.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:48 PM   #97
spider_rob
Banned User

Holy crap. That's hawt!

Old 10-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #98
spider_rob
Banned User

BTW, that's probably the obligatory "shirt-off" scene that's needed in every superhero movie to show how buff the main star has gotten.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:55 PM   #99
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Where's hopefulsuicide when you need her?

Old 10-13-2011, 09:55 PM   #100
Gamma_Powered_God
Side-Kick

His delts and neck are sick. Whoever worked him out at Gym Jones did a great job, and Henry busted his ass with the weights and it paid off.

Closed Thread