The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #726
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 49,597
Default Re: The next Xbox

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...VG-General-RSS

Microsoft to reveal EA partnership at Next Xbox event


Hope it's not just timed exclusive DLC 'cause that would be a waste.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #727
FreedomFreeLife
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 32
Default Re: The next Xbox

Xbox 720 will be weaker than PS4, and more focus on Kinect 2.0 which is built inside Xbox 720, and this alone cost alot. Sony puted all their money on powerful machine, while microsoft puts their money on Kinect 2.0

So yeah, PS4 won

FreedomFreeLife is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #728
Benstamania
Shot first.
 
Benstamania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 19,812
Default Re: The next Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...VG-General-RSS

Microsoft to reveal EA partnership at Next Xbox event


Hope it's not just timed exclusive DLC 'cause that would be a waste.
Eh, Blizzard > EA... YOU GET MADDEN A WEEK EARLY! YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEARGH!

Benstamania is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #729
Soapy
It's happening again...
 
Soapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,535
Default Re: The next Xbox

Just like your "unprecedented partnership" with Nintendo, right EA?

Soapy is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #730
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 33,841
Default Re: The next Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFreeLife View Post
Xbox 720 will be weaker than PS4, and more focus on Kinect 2.0 which is built inside Xbox 720, and this alone cost alot. Sony puted all their money on powerful machine, while microsoft puts their money on Kinect 2.0

So yeah, PS4 won
the PS3 was a more powerful machine than the 360 so I wouldnt rule the next Xbox out especially since we dont know anything about it yet

Havok83 is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #731
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,487
Default Re: The next Xbox

If all these Xbox rumors are true, looks like this will be a Nintendo only generation for me. I've never found Playstation appealing and Xbox looks really interested in screwing over customers. Make mine a Nintendo I guess. I'm surprised Microsoft isn't doing any damage control with these rumors. I've yet to hear one that makes the system seem worth buying.

Matt Mortem is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #732
Benstamania
Shot first.
 
Benstamania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 19,812
Default Re: The next Xbox

I will say...I'm coming off very "jerkish" in regards to the next Xbox, only because of the rumors. If they show this thing off and debunk EVERYTHING we've heard thus far...Well...Then...Game on!

However, Microsoft not doing any kind of clean up in regards to these rumors really worries me...

Benstamania is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #733
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,487
Default Re: The next Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
I will say...I'm coming off very "jerkish" in regards to the next Xbox, only because of the rumors. If they show this thing off and debunk EVERYTHING we've heard thus far...Well...Then...Game on!

However, Microsoft not doing any kind of clean up in regards to these rumors really worries me...
I feel the same. If they show that all the rumors are horse****, it'll be a whole 'nother ball game for me. As it stands now though, the new Xbox sounds awful.

Matt Mortem is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #734
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 49,597
Default Re: The next Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
If all these Xbox rumors are true, looks like this will be a Nintendo only generation for me. I've never found Playstation appealing and Xbox looks really interested in screwing over customers. Make mine a Nintendo I guess. I'm surprised Microsoft isn't doing any damage control with these rumors. I've yet to hear one that makes the system seem worth buying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
I will say...I'm coming off very "jerkish" in regards to the next Xbox, only because of the rumors. If they show this thing off and debunk EVERYTHING we've heard thus far...Well...Then...Game on!

However, Microsoft not doing any kind of clean up in regards to these rumors really worries me...
If all the rumours are true with no counteracting measures then no clean up required. They'd be ****ed either way

But given they have their own conference upcoming, sometimes it might be better to let negative rumours spread and then blow them away completely.

Epic Games have done this with their new Gears of War game coming out next month. They let all the fans believe one of the classic game modes and game mechanics was being thrown out based on rumours and have only just announced that they are actually both being included. As the announcement is closer to release than the initiation of the rumours, the hype (judging from the Epic forums) seems to be higher than if the rumours had never existed (on the basis of that one issue at least). Although there are still several negative rumours that haven't been denied yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFreeLife View Post
Xbox 720 will be weaker than PS4, and more focus on Kinect 2.0 which is built inside Xbox 720, and this alone cost alot. Sony puted all their money on powerful machine, while microsoft puts their money on Kinect 2.0

So yeah, PS4 won
Not intelligent to talk about a future event for which preorders haven't even started and one side hasn't even said a single word about their product in the past tense. If you're that confident go and borrow as much money as you can and buy Sony stock and short Microsoft.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #735
SolarTiger
Side-Kick
 
SolarTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,299
Default Re: The next Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
the PS3 was a more powerful machine than the 360 so I wouldnt rule the next Xbox out especially since we dont know anything about it yet
But the PS3 was apparently very awkward and confusing to develop for, and third party games suffered because of that. Sony seems to have made a much more developer friendly system this time around, so I think we might see the PS4 have the superior third party ports.

All this Kinect craze Microsoft is obsessed with is worrying me.

SolarTiger is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #736
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 33,841
Default Re: The next Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post
But the PS3 was apparently very awkward and confusing to develop for, and third party games suffered because of that. Sony seems to have made a much more developer friendly system this time around, so I think we might see the PS4 have the superior third party ports.

All this Kinect craze Microsoft is obsessed with is worrying me.
that may be true but again we know nothing about the next Xbox. Can anyone on this board say for a given fact that its going to be less powerful than the PS4?

Havok83 is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #737
FreedomFreeLife
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 32
Default Re: The next Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
that may be true but again we know nothing about the next Xbox. Can anyone on this board say for a given fact that its going to be less powerful than the PS4?
First, Kinect 2.0 will be built in Xbox 720
Kinect alone cost 150 us dollars. If they make Xbox 720 same powerful as PS4, plus Kinect 2.0 built in, this means Xbox 720 is going to cost more than PS4, a lot more.


I donīt think Microsoft wants to go with big prices. There are 2 choice.
Make powerful console, or make weaker console with Kinect 2.0
If you want powerful console with Kinect 2.0, then it going to cost a lot, and Microsoft just wont do that.

All we know that Microsoft said that Kinect is future, and Kinect 2.0 will be main part of Xbox 720

FreedomFreeLife is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #738
FreedomFreeLife
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 32
Default Re: The next Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
If all these Xbox rumors are true, looks like this will be a Nintendo only generation for me. I've never found Playstation appealing and Xbox looks really interested in screwing over customers. Make mine a Nintendo I guess. I'm surprised Microsoft isn't doing any damage control with these rumors. I've yet to hear one that makes the system seem worth buying.
Nintendo Wii U flops alot, and PSVita, 3DS, PS3, Xbox 360, everything outsells Wii U.

Also, when PS4 and Xbox 720 comes out, devs make 3 platform games(PC,X720 and PS4) and easy to port when grahpic is almost same, i mean limit and such things, but when Wii U is too different and very weak, then i donīt think devs make ANOTHER NEW FULLY PORT to Wii U which will flop anyway because Wii U is all about casual gaming.

Nintendo already played out of next gen war.

FreedomFreeLife is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #739
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 33,841
Default Re: The next Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFreeLife View Post
First, Kinect 2.0 will be built in Xbox 720
Kinect alone cost 150 us dollars. If they make Xbox 720 same powerful as PS4, plus Kinect 2.0 built in, this means Xbox 720 is going to cost more than PS4, a lot more.


I donīt think Microsoft wants to go with big prices. There are 2 choice.
Make powerful console, or make weaker console with Kinect 2.0
If you want powerful console with Kinect 2.0, then it going to cost a lot, and Microsoft just wont do that.

All we know that Microsoft said that Kinect is future, and Kinect 2.0 will be main part of Xbox 720
Kinect will be included with the system not built into it. It needs to be an accessory bc it needs to be visible and accessible to function. With many consoles placed into entertainment systems and people having different room configurations, the camera needs freedom to be moved around for optimization. That's not possible with it built into the hardware

Havok83 is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #740
X Knight
Straight Edge
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,874
Default Re: The next Xbox

y'know, I've been playing games since the NES days, and I've been gaming in each generation of consoles since then.

this coming generation with PS4 and XBOX 3 just might be the 1st generation where I'm seriously considering sitting it out.

Nothing of what I've heard from Sony and MS has got me terribly excited for either console. and the "digital" direction both seem to be heading towards has got me concerned.

Maybe if Nintendo brings back classic franchises like Zelda and Metroid to the Wii U, I might return to Nintendo after a long absence.

but, as of now.......I'm just not feeling this next gen of gaming........

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #741
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat
 
Parker Wayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 23,650
Default Re: The next Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
y'know, I've been playing games since the NES days, and I've been gaming in each generation of consoles since then.

this coming generation with PS4 and XBOX 3 just might be the 1st generation where I'm seriously considering sitting it out.

Nothing of what I've heard from Sony and MS has got me terribly excited for either console. and the "digital" direction both seem to be heading towards has got me concerned.

Maybe if Nintendo brings back classic franchises like Zelda and Metroid to the Wii U, I might return to Nintendo after a long absence.

but, as of now.......I'm just not feeling this next gen of gaming........
In a way, I do agree. Other than Watch Dogs, none of the other games really excite me that much, though it may have to do with the fact that I'm not really attached to Playstation's franchises and I have yet to see what Microsoft is offering. I want some new IPs and a more diverse array of games, like what the 360 originally was before they started committing console suicide developing the Kinect.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #742
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!
 
StrainedEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: WA
Posts: 16,295
Default Re: The next Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFreeLife View Post
I donīt think Microsoft wants to go with big prices. There are 2 choice.
Make powerful console, or make weaker console with Kinect 2.0
If you want powerful console with Kinect 2.0, then it going to cost a lot, and Microsoft just wont do that.
Or they offer a cheaper subsidized SKU like one that has been rumored for months (and like the 360 models they currently sell). Sign up to pay x amount a month for XBL (or cable as was also rumored) for 3 years or whatever and buy a substantially cheaper console, ala the same type of pricing model used for iPhones.

__________________
Top of the world, all that's around you is beneath me
Me learnin' from your mistakes is the only way you can teach me.

Last edited by StrainedEyes; 02-27-2013 at 04:52 PM.
StrainedEyes is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #743
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat
 
Parker Wayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 23,650
Default Re: The next Xbox

Also, it's not like the motion technology in the PS4 is going to be weak either.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #744
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,487
Default Re: The next Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFreeLife View Post
Nintendo Wii U flops alot, and PSVita, 3DS, PS3, Xbox 360, everything outsells Wii U.

Also, when PS4 and Xbox 720 comes out, devs make 3 platform games(PC,X720 and PS4) and easy to port when grahpic is almost same, i mean limit and such things, but when Wii U is too different and very weak, then i donīt think devs make ANOTHER NEW FULLY PORT to Wii U which will flop anyway because Wii U is all about casual gaming.

Nintendo already played out of next gen war.
Wrong wrong wrong. First off, nobody knows what the Wii U is all about because there aren't any games for it. Nintendo hasn't played out of the next gen war, because it hasn't even started. Sales are in a slump right now because people aren't going to by a console that doesn't have any games for it. Once Nintendo announces some solid release dates and release some of their flagship game sales will pick up. You can't deem a console a failure if it's only been out for 3 or 4 months and is just getting it's legs.

Matt Mortem is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #745
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!
 
StrainedEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: WA
Posts: 16,295
Default Re: The next Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
Wrong wrong wrong. First off, nobody knows what the Wii U is all about because there aren't any games for it. Nintendo hasn't played out of the next gen war, because it hasn't even started. Sales are in a slump right now because people aren't going to by a console that doesn't have any games for it. Once Nintendo announces some solid release dates and release some of their flagship game sales will pick up. You can't deem a console a failure if it's only been out for 3 or 4 months and is just getting it's legs.
A handful of first party games isn't going change the fact that the console is significantly under powered and 3rd party devs will once again toss lesser ports over to Nintendo's console for another generation. Nintendo opted to make a console slightly better than the 360 and PS3 and I can't fathom a scenario where that doesn't bite them in the ass over the next few years.

__________________
Top of the world, all that's around you is beneath me
Me learnin' from your mistakes is the only way you can teach me.
StrainedEyes is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #746
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 33,841
Default Re: The next Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrainedEyes View Post
A handful of first party games isn't going change the fact that the console is significantly under powered and 3rd party devs will once again toss lesser ports over to Nintendo's console for another generation. Nintendo opted to make a console slightly better than the 360 and PS3 and I can't fathom a scenario where that doesn't bite them in the ass over the next few years.
I don't think it will be as glaring as the Wii. For one, their controller is very familiar and is capable of the same basic functions that the Xbox and PS design are capable of. That alone will make it easy to translate gameplay among the 3 systems and they don't have to develop Wii U games from a different perspective in terms of how it will control.

As far as graphics, no doubt the next Xbox and PS4 will look better than the Wii U, but I don't think it will be as significant a jump as it was this gen. For one, you were comparing 480p SD Wii games against 720p native resolution HD 360/PS3 games. Next gen, ALL will presumably be 1080p native resolution so while the Wii U wont look as great, it definetly wont look terrible either. With the Wii, many games weren't actually ports, but in fact different games bc publishers handed the project to a different team bc the Wii-mote and hardware's limitations made it impossible to translate. I think we will see more actual ports this coming gen, with the Wii U releases, being merely scaled back versions of the other two. I think it will end up being more like a situation on the PC with a game played on the minimum requirements (Wii U) and that same game on the max settings (next Xbox/PS4)

Havok83 is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #747
Benstamania
Shot first.
 
Benstamania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 19,812
Default Re: The next Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
Maybe if Nintendo brings back classic franchises like Zelda and Metroid to the Wii U, I might return to Nintendo after a long absence.
....Maybe?

Benstamania is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #748
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 33,841
Default Re: The next Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
....Maybe?
LMAO, that's all Nintendo does, reuse its franchises that its been pushing out games for every generation for the last couple of decades. They are nothing if not consistent

Havok83 is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #749
Benstamania
Shot first.
 
Benstamania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 19,812
Default Re: The next Xbox

To be fair...We didn't really see a new Metroid on the Wii... And no, I don't count Other M.

Benstamania is offline  
Old 02-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #750
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 33,841
Default Re: The next Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
To be fair...We didn't really see a new Metroid on the Wii... And no, I don't count Other M.
Metroid Prime 3 was on Wii

Havok83 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.