The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Old 10-14-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
samsnee
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Taken 2

Quote:
Rade Sherbedgia Cast as Villain in Liam Neeson's 'Taken 2' (Exclusive)

The project begins shooting later this month in Turkey and France.

Serbian actor Rade Sherbedgia has been cast as the villain in 20th Century Fox and EuropaCorp's Taken 2, which stars Liam Neeson and is set to begin filming in Turkey and France later this month. Sherbedgia will play Murad, the father of a kidnapper slain by Bryan Mills (Neeson) in the first film. Murad is described as a vengeful man who gives orders and doesn't take them. When Murad takes Mills and his wife hostage, their daughter is enlisted to help save them.
Taken 2, which will be released Oct. 5, 2012, also stars Famke Janssen and Maggie Grace. Colombiana helmer Olivier Megaton is directing the pic.
Luc Besson, who co-wrote the script with Robert Mark Kamen, is producing through his EuropaCorp banner.
Besson and Kamen also co-wrote the first Taken film, which was released in 2008 and was a surprise hit, grossing $224 million worldwide.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-neeson-248405

There's got to be more to this. I can't Liam's daughter coming to rescue her parents, unless in the years since she was kidnapped she somehow became an expert in hand-to-hand fighting. Nor can I see Brian just sitting there tied up for half the movie. Personally, I'd like to see Brian's friends from the first movie come rescue him and leave the kid at home. She was the weakest link of the first movie.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

Default Re: Taken 2

This looks interesting.I'll see this movie when it comes out.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:04 AM   #3
Superhero 101
DESI

WTF it should be the other way around His daughter and Wife should have gotten kidnapped and Neeson Comes After Them not the Daughter

Old 10-15-2011, 01:24 AM   #4
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

The daughter and the pop singer from the first film will team up and go kick some major booty. GIRL POWER!!!

Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:53 AM   #5
ChickenScratch
Banned User

That sounds pretty bad. It should be more simple, like the first one. How about this new director?

ChickenScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #6
RED_Rider
Soul Reaver

Is it just me or this reads like Princess Peach traveling to under world to save Kratos?

Old 10-15-2011, 02:09 PM   #7
Terminator
Side-Kick

I hope there's a lot of running.

Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #8
Donut
Side-Kick

Bad Guy - You took out all of those men when they had your daughter. How did my men manage to capture you

Bryan - Im to old for this ****

I just find it hard to believe that Bryan manages to get captured after everything he did in the first one

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #9
Boom
I got nothin'

And that his daughter is going to be the one to save him.

His daughter.

Her.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:35 PM   #10
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
And that his daughter is going to be the one to save him.

His daughter.

Her.

I guess it would be believable that after the first one he had his daughter trained in fighting. But it would have to be like 10 to 20 years later or more to make it believable

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:07 PM   #11
jacobed
Banned User

Wow. No. Bad.

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:51 PM   #12
Spiderine
Business as Usual

You have got to be kidding me. Someone kidnaps Liam Neeson and it's up to his daughter to save them. Please just pull the trigger.

Spiderine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #13
kvz5
HBIC

Maybe that plot was just a mistake? I mean, that's like saying Maggie Grace will save Liam Neeson! Oh wait.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #14
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderine View Post
You have got to be kidding me. Someone kidnaps Liam Neeson and it's up to his daughter to save them. Please just pull the trigger.

I think that's only the first twenty minutes. Then she unties Liam and he goes on a berserk killing spree the rest of the film. If not...

bullets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #15
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

This doesn't sound good at all. Should have just been a stand alone film. No sequels or prequels.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #16
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

The first movie made way too much money to not get a sequel though I agree it works better by itself. The plot sounds ridiculous also why would he go on vacation overseas when he was so adamant about how "unsafe" it was?

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #17
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

If this is the premise for the entire movie, it has fail written all over it.

Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #18
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

"Daughter enlisted to help save them."

That's the premise. The question is: enlisted by who? The certainty is: She's enlisted by someone to help. She does not travel to Murad and start breaking heads on her own. Perhaps his army buddies do play a part. But it is a badly written premise, and while it may still be a great film, this particular summary turns people off.

DrCosmic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #19
Fanticon
Sneaky-Snake!

yeah this sounds kinda stupid, maybe they got the gist of the summary for the plot wrong. also this villain returning for revenge from a story that ended in the first movie? i'd rather see neeson in action again, not desperate to save any family member of his this time and kicking ass.

Fanticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #20
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
The first movie made way too much money to not get a sequel though I agree it works better by itself. The plot sounds ridiculous also why would he go on vacation overseas when he was so adamant about how "unsafe" it was?
It was unsafe for naive teenagers, not Liam Neeson

Trainwreck2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #21
Raiden
What a bunch of...

I like Liam Neeson and the first movie, but the premise sounds rather awful.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #22
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

I'm hoping this is a second, less annoying, daughter that we don't know about. Who is actually just Liam Neeson in a wig.

Henchman for Shadaloo
Wolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #23
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

This sounds terrible. The first one was a classic; leave it alone.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #24
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

http://latino-review.com/2012/02/14/...turns-taken-2/

Spoilers ahead, obviously.

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Dragon_316ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #25
protocida
Side-Kick

The informations.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Taken 2 begins in Albania. Eight coffins containing the bodies of the men that ex-CIA agent Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson) killed during the rescue of his daughter Kim (Maggie Grace) in Paris are delivered by the French government to Murad (Rade Serbedzija), father of Marko (Arben Bajraktaraj), the man whom Bryan tortured with eletrocution, swears to avenge his son's death.

Meanwhile, in Los Angeles, Bryan visits his ex-wife Lenore (Famke Jenssen) to pick Kim up for driving lessons, as she has failed to get her driver's license twice. There, Bryan learns that Lenore is divorcing her second husband Stuart (Xander Berkeley) and that Kim has a boyfriend named Jaimie (Luke Grimes), with whom she's having intimacy issues due to her traumatic experience one year prior. Bryan locates Jaimie's house using a GPS he had installed in Kim's phone and teaches her how to drive.

Meanwhile, in Paris, Murad and his men locate Bryan's former friend Jean-Claude (Olivier Rabourdin) and torture him into revealing Bryan's wherebounds.

In L.A., Bryan drops Kim off at Lenore's house and finds out Lenore's vacation trip with Kim was cancelled because of Lenore's attempts to make her marriage to Stuart work. Bryan reveals that he's doing bodyguard work for an extended weekend in Instambul and invites them to meet with him there so they have vacation together, and they accept.

In Instambul, Bryan completes his job and takes Kim, who has just arrived with Lenore, to a local club, followed by sightseeing. The following day, Kim stays behind while Bryan and Lenore have lunch together at a local restaurant. It is there that they are ambushed by Murad. After a car chase thought the streets of Instambul, Bryan calls Kim and tells her Lenore and him are about to be taken.

Murad arrives, overpowers Bryan and takes both him and Lenore to an Albanian safe house in Instambul. Meanwhile, Kim, thanks to her father's warning, manages to evade one of Murad's men, who have come to capture her, and must now race against time to locate her parents and bring Bryan his weapons so that he can finish Murad before it's too late.

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote