The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Old 10-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #226
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Default Re: Taken 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Luc Besson seems to always switch up directors for sequels to movies he produces. Yuen wasn't on Transporter 2 (Not sure how Transporter 1 worked with Yuen/Leterrier). Transporter 3 was Megaton.

It's weird how Morel was sort of like the new hot director in town after Taken. Then it's like nothing. I think he was attached to the Dune remake at one point but that didn't get off the ground either.

Also the movie is enjoyable but it's still stupid as hell. Maggie Grace is like freaking 30 now, how is she still playing a teenager?
Wow I didn't know the girl playing Liam's daughter was close to 30! She's older than me, I am 24 lol. I mean she still looks like a teen but jeesh it's time for her to move on from teen roles.

ShadowBoxer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:49 AM   #227
The Englishman
Marching On Together

Do we really need a 3rd Taken film. Where were all these people who went to see Taken 2 when Dredd was out??

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
The Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #228
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Seth Macfarlane performs Taken as Kermit the Frog. Starts at 3:13.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #229
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_ATC View Post
The Taken franchise is now heading in the exact direction as The Hangover franchise.

Awesome first movie - exact same second movie - third film promises to be completely different.
Taken 2 is nothing like the first. They should have kept director of the first movie.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #230
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Taken 2 makes $218,809,000 worldwide total

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3546&p=.htm

Old 02-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #231
steintym
Stay Frosty

Well, I was finally able to see this movie and I can't add much more than what has already been said about it. It was kind of fun (badass Liam is always fun), but it was a pretty dumb movie.

Unfortunately, the worst parts were the action scenes (not a good thing for an action movie). I was admittedly drinking, but damn, I could not follow the action sequences. Shaking cams usually don't bother me, but add in extremely tight shots and horrible editing and I might as well have closed my eyes during the fights.

It was fun, I guess. I'm glad I didn't rush out to see it in the theaters, though.

Last edited by steintym; 02-15-2013 at 01:09 PM.
steintym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #232
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

There were so many laughably bad moments. One in particular was the decision to barrel through the U.S. embassy barrier in their car, thus causing themselves to be shot at by the U.S. military's high caliber machine guns. This was unnecessary because a) no one was chasing them anymore and b) even if they were, the U.S. soldiers would have shot at a black vehicle full of goons shooting toward their base, so they would have still been covered.

And that's only one stupid scene in a film full of them.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #233
steintym
Stay Frosty

That was a "good" bad moment, very laughable.

In order to enjoy this movie, turning off your brain is a good start. Trying to figure out some of scenes and logic is near impossible.

steintym is offline   Reply With Quote