The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

View Poll Results: Do you want to keep the same score for Thor 2 or something different?
The same score 4 10.53%
The same score but with some slight changes and new themes 28 73.68%
A completely different score 6 15.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2011, 05:51 AM   #26
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: I really, REALLY hope they keep the same score!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinouga View Post
Regardless of who creates Loki his own theme, I think to reflect his growing megalomania and madness it should be a dark and discordant theme, perhaps accentuated with some demonic male chanting and pipe organs in the background.
I wouldnt even mind something like the Magneto theme in FC, it was perfectly done because you could just tell it was for a character who had evil in them.

Quote:
Yes, I agree that the music Doyle came up with for that scene pretty much enhanced that scene. It was just a heartbreaking thing to watch with that strain of music playing along with it because it was quite a beautiful movement.
It was perfect for the scene, as Thor is smiling as he's circling Mjolnir and the truimphant music is playing only to turn to dour music once Thor realises he cant lift it, it really was perfect.

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Lego Movie-7.5(4)Robocop-7.5(5)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #27
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Yes, it was great moment.

Gamma Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:24 PM   #28
Aeltri
Elf in Training

Quote:
Regardless of who creates Loki his own theme, I think to reflect his growing megalomania and madness it should be a dark and discordant theme, perhaps accentuated with some demonic male chanting and pipe organs in the background.
Something like this you mean:

http://www.*******.com/files/2009/12.../LAUFEYSON.mp3

That would certainly fit Loki IMO.

Last edited by Aeltri; 11-23-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Aeltri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:21 PM   #29
ladyloki
Side-Kick

I want the same composer ... but a mix of old and new scores.

Loki: How desprate are you ? ... and you call on such lost creatures to defend you .

Nick Fury : You have made me very desperate

BAD ASS !!!
ladyloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:49 AM   #30
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Same here, I hope, whoever the new director is I really hope he keeps the same theme's from the first movie and doesnt decide to go with a completely new score as the one from the first movie was perfect.

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Lego Movie-7.5(4)Robocop-7.5(5)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
Old 12-30-2011, 08:28 AM   #31
ddddeeee
Side-Kick

Just noticed that Thor 2's start date is only a month before ROTPOTA2's. Doyle had five months to score the first Apes so there's probably going to be a big overlap here. Since Wyatt is returning and Branagh isn't, I'm sure Doyle would choose Apes if he can only fit one into his schedule.

ddddeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:39 AM   #32
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I hope thats not the case, I liked his score for Apes, but his Thor score was much more memorable for me and fit the character perfectly. If we got another score in Apes 2 it wouldnt bother me any were near as much as it would with Thor 2.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #33
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddddeeee View Post
Just noticed that Thor 2's start date is only a month before ROTPOTA2's. Doyle had five months to score the first Apes so there's probably going to be a big overlap here. Since Wyatt is returning and Branagh isn't, I'm sure Doyle would choose Apes if he can only fit one into his schedule.
I haven't heard ANYTHING about "Rise of the Apes 2" going into production this summer or this fall... yet. Fox locked down the returning director, writers, and Andy Serkis -- that's it for now. But nothing yet on whether Fox is happy with a script (which I'm sure Silver and Jaffa are doing right now) to fast-track production like they did with the first. I wouldn't fret until Fox sets a release date and announces filming.

Even if "Apes 2" lands summer 2013, Doyle will have time to do both movies if he wants to, since "Thor 2" is coming out in the fall. Marvel Studios and Disney sees an opportunity to capitalize on the pre-Thanksgiving spots vacated by HP and Twilight.

If Doyle comes back, I want him to arrange his main theme similarly like he did with Man to Man's gorgeous end credits cue. See here:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:37 AM   #34
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I sure hope THOR II's release date gets pushed up to an earlier release date, because as it stands we want see the film until just a little under 2 years from now.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #35
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I sure hope THOR II's release date gets pushed up to an earlier release date, because as it stands we want see the film until just a little under 2 years from now.
Let them take their time. I don't want Marvel to rush Thor 2 like they did with Iron Man 2.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 02-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #36
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
I haven't heard ANYTHING about "Rise of the Apes 2" going into production this summer or this fall... yet. Fox locked down the returning director, writers, and Andy Serkis -- that's it for now. But nothing yet on whether Fox is happy with a script (which I'm sure Silver and Jaffa are doing right now) to fast-track production like they did with the first. I wouldn't fret until Fox sets a release date and announces filming.

Even if "Apes 2" lands summer 2013, Doyle will have time to do both movies if he wants to, since "Thor 2" is coming out in the fall. Marvel Studios and Disney sees an opportunity to capitalize on the pre-Thanksgiving spots vacated by HP and Twilight.

If Doyle comes back, I want him to arrange his main theme similarly like he did with Man to Man's gorgeous end credits cue. See here:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I think 2014 will be when the Rise sequel hits, same with First Class 2, so Doyle should hopefully be able to come back and improve on his excellent score for the first movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Let them take their time. I don't want Marvel to rush Thor 2 like they did with Iron Man 2.
Definately, IM2 was so dissapointing, I hope Thor improves on the first movie unlike IM2 did.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #37
arnold friend
Side-Kick

has there been any confirmation or news of Doyle returning yet? I LOVE the score in Thor and I have to admit my very high hopes for the sequel will fall some if Doyle is replaced.

During Odin's voiceover, "...return to the realm eternal, Asgard." when the camera comes up through the water and we see Asgard for the first time, the music is perfect. So majestic.

The main theme is just so great because it works in triumphant scenes (like Thor coming back to life) and tragic scenes (like when he can't lift the hammer).

arnold friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #38
ddddeeee
Side-Kick

So far they're not reusing any of the crew from the first movie.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #39
PokeJ
Side-Kick

I loved the Thor score. My favorites from the Soundtrack were Odin Confesses and Thor Kills the Destroyer. Great music.

PokeJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #40
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddddeeee View Post
So far they're not reusing any of the crew from the first movie.
Well, when you have a completely new director on board, plus re-locating filming to the UK... it's expected. It is nice seeing some of the Game of Thrones personnel on board.

But that doesn't mean Doyle won't return, as it's too early to say (I expect the composer to be announced early next year). Marvel may want Doyle back, or Alan Taylor might.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 05-25-2012, 06:23 AM   #41
Silvermoth
Avenger

Having the old composer would be a nice way to keep continuity. As a previous poster mentioned, with a new director and possibly crew, it's a nice way to bring it all together.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:34 AM   #42
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Well I just hope both for continuity and because I and a lot of others seemed to love the score that Taylor brings Doyle back. I hate it when a sequel changes the music from the first movie.

Its so much better when you settle down to watch a sequel and that familiar theme comes on at the start to get you all excited. Hate it when they rob us of that.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:36 AM   #43
The Morningstar
Banned User

Even if they change the score, they keep that reoccurring motif from Doyle's.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:38 AM   #44
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Well yeah, as long as that main theme is there it should be fine, but I hope they keep most of the score from the first movie personally.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #45
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Having the old composer would be a nice way to keep continuity. As a previous poster mentioned, with a new director and possibly crew, it's a nice way to bring it all together.
I didn't expect Alan Silvestri to come on for The Avengers, after doing Captain America. But I guess Marvel actually wanted some thematic or tonal continuity, so they got him back.

Hopefully the same will play out for Thor 2.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 06-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #46
ddddeeee
Side-Kick

Are you signed for the sequels to “Thor” and “Rise of the Planet of the Apes?”
Ken isn’t doing “Thor,” so I’m not sure if I’ll be asked. But I am having a meeting quite soon about “Dawn of the Apes” film.

http://www.filmmusicmag.com/?p=9644

Old 08-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #47
ddddeeee
Side-Kick

YES!

SK: You have had a really incredible couple years, scoring PLANET OF THE APES (2011), THOR (2011) and then now BRAVE. Is there any talk yet about you being on board for the next PLANET OF THE APES or even the next THOR movie?

PD: Well it’s being discussed at the moment. (Laughs) That’s all I can say. I’m having meetings with the directors, so that’s the hope.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/58017...medium=twitter

Old 08-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #48
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Excellent news, hopefully the talks go well and we can get Doyle back to score this, LOVED his score for the first movie it was perfect, so many good moments in the movie were even better because of the score.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:35 AM   #49
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Thank the Gods! Doyle was the best of the Marvel composers so its great that he could be returning!!!

Old 09-01-2012, 06:01 AM   #50
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Yeah, that would be awesome. I like the Thor score most of all MCU scores, too. While listening I can imagine what's going on in the movie. That's what doesn't work for me with the TA score, for instance. So I keep my fingers crossed for Doyles' return.

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 2

IRON MAN 3 / THOR – THE DARK WORLD / CAPTAIN AMERICA – THE WINTER SOLDIER / GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY/ AVENGERS – AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote