The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Old 10-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #51
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergirl View Post
Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Batgirl Barbara Gordon

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed. : Barbara Gordon is the adopted daughter of police commissioner James Gordon. While still in her teens, she sought to surprise her father at a masquerade ball as a female version of her father's ally Batman. At the party she wound up saving the day from Killer Moth, as Bruce Wayne was attending and unable to escape to adorn his Batman guise. After this, Barbara couldn't get enough of the thrill of being a costumed vigilante. She became a sidekick to the Batman, and has had an on-again off-again relationship with Dick Grayson, the first Robin. Three years ago, while she was enjoying a quiet night at home with her father, her world was turned upside down. She answered the door, only to be shot in the spine by the Joker who subsequently kidnapped both her and her father. Paralyzed after this incident, Barbara took to her other skills, as the best computer hacker in the world, to aid the superheroes and costumed vigilantes of the world. As Oracle she was a member of the JLA, and utilized by the hero community world wide for intel. She also formed the Birds of Prey with her best friend Dinah Lance, the Black Canary. Recently, she regained the use of her legs, and has taken the mantle of Batgirl back.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Birds of Prey, Batman-Family

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I plan on working her through relearning the ropes of being Batgirl, and having her deal with the fears and pain that would come from her injury and recovery. I chose her for two reasons, the first being that I am not allowed Supergirl right now and the second is that Babs is another of my favorite characters.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: Yes, MSN, and whoever needs it has it, whoever doesn't can PM me for it.

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster (if you do not know how, or do not have a preference, please say so and a default picture shall be picked for you):

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

Three years ago, my life changed forever. Dad and I were having an evening at home, something rare when your dad is the police commissioner of a city as violent and insane as Gotham City. The doorbell rang, and I answered it. I don't remember anything beyond that. The next thing I remembered was waking up in the hospital, I couldn't feel my legs.

The nightmares are still there. The worst were the ones where I was back in the cowl, falling endlessly, with no way of stopping myself. Three years of horror, of heartbreak, of perseverance. Countless hours of physical therapy, surgery after surgery, and I've gotten back to this. My legs are still weak, but you have no idea what it feels like to walk again. I stand here, like I did fivish years ago, waiting to prove myself, this time I have more to prove to myself than anyone else.

Against the moonlit backdrop of the Gotham City skyline was a woman standing on a gargoyle, a line in her hand. She dived from her perch and moments later the line shot out and caught her freefall, and as she swung to the next building, Barbara Gordon finally exhaled.

"Gotham criminals beware, because Batgirl is BACK."
Approved!

Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:59 PM   #52
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Batman Inc is still intact, therefore it applies to reason that the time-travel craziness that proceeded it is also still canon.
Easy to say, except that somehow Kyle has a ring, even though DC has said Reign of the Supermen never happened. So Coast City was never destroyed.

That being said, I do agree with the to just "**** it".

If you want a new continuity that doesn't quite jive with the dcnu, than go for it. That's what I'm thinking for a character I'm considering.

Is it wrong that I went from 0 characters with no intention to play to 3 potential characters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:07 PM   #53
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post

Is it wrong that I went from 0 characters with no intention to play to 3 potential characters?

Considering I have half a dozen I still want to play, nope.

Below The Bible Belt
Old 10-31-2011, 05:13 PM   #54
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

Quote:
Easy to say, except that somehow Kyle has a ring, even though DC has said Reign of the Supermen never happened. So Coast City was never destroyed.
Superman still died just everything "didn't happen the same way". So your post is incorrect. DC has explained poorly that anything that seems to conflict still happened just "in a different way to where it works". Wanting us to not worry about anything or think about it unless a writer chooses to reference it in detail.

trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:17 PM   #55
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyside-kick View Post
Superman still died just everything "didn't happen the same way". So your post is incorrect. DC has explained poorly that anything that seems to conflict still happened just "in a different way to where it works". Wanting us to not worry about anything or think about it unless a writer chooses to reference it in detail.
That's how I plan to tackle things, for the most part. Even if DC does something that contradicts my stuff, then **** it.

Below The Bible Belt
Old 10-31-2011, 05:18 PM   #56
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Look, I'm going to put it in the most blatant terms imaginable - F*** DC. F*** 'em. They're not going to give us many of the details anytime soon because they have their writers doing their own stuff, so there's no reason to owe anything to them beyond the initial 1-2 issue established continuity. Past events? Fill in the blanks yourself. DC hasn't been clear about it, they're leaving us with no choice. Say this happened, this happened, this happened, ect, ect. without so much as a flying **** as to what the actual continuity is in DC's mind. Because chances are from what I've seen, they don't even know that right now. Absolutely no thought was put into that stuff when the comics' relaunch was given the go-ahead, they were just concerned with getting new readers and telling new stories under an incredibly restrictive timeline.

This is our payback.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:20 PM   #57
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Look, I'm going to put it in the most blatant terms imaginable - F*** DC. F*** 'em. They're not going to give us many of the details anytime soon because they have their writers doing their own stuff, so there's no reason to owe anything to them beyond the initial 1-2 issue established continuity. Past events? Fill in the blanks yourself. DC hasn't been clear about it, they're leaving us with no choice. Say this happened, this happened, this happened, ect, ect. without so much as a flying **** as to what the actual continuity is in DC's mind. Because chances are from what I've seen, they don't even know that right now. Absolutely no thought was put into that stuff when the comics' relaunch was given the go-ahead, they were just concerned with getting new readers and telling new stories under an incredibly restrictive timeline.

This is our payback.
Well said.

Now post a ****ing app!

Below The Bible Belt
Old 10-31-2011, 05:22 PM   #58
Lord
All Mighty

When is this RPG going to start?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:28 PM   #59
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

IC thread will go live later this week. Friday or Saturday.

Below The Bible Belt
Old 10-31-2011, 05:58 PM   #60
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post

This is our payback.
That's the way I feel with one of my characters choices. I don't like the dcnu changes, so I'd just ignore the parts I don't like and replace it with the old continuity parts.

Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 06:03 PM   #61
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

Yea, two of my choices is slightly dependent on what they do with one of the characters in the DCnU...and if I want to deem something being in cannon since in the smallest way the DCnU means that PART of one of the character's history may not be in cannon.

Dunno. But partially because of this reasoning I may not apply until either the end of the weekend or even the weekend after.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:10 PM   #62
Lord
All Mighty

Well, personal canon can be used if you simply don't think things work a certain way, Mad Love for example is a story that i think should have been put as canon

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:12 PM   #63
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.

The "World's Finest" DC RPG Application

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Dick Grayson / Nightwing

Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences): Orphaned when his parents were murdered by mobsters, young acrobat Dick Grayson was taken in by billionaire Bruce Wayne.

Before long, Bruce revealed to the youngster that he was, in fact, the mysterious Batman of Gotham City. Eager to help fight crime, Dick became the first Robin, Boy wonder.

After years of fighting by Batman's side, Dick had a falling out with his mentor. Venturing to Bludhaven, he forged his own identity; Nightwing.

Since then, Dick has mended his relationship with his adoptive father and the two now fight side by side as equals, keeping Gotham safe. Dick recently took up the mantle of the Batman for a year, during Bruce's disappearance, but has since slipped back into his old Nightwing garb.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Batman Inc, the Bat-family.

Explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen and why you've chosen this character: Nightwing is my favorite superhero of all time, yet I've never played him. Now is as good a chance as any, and I guess my plan is to have some fun. Hopefully, I'll write some good stories and, along with Keys and Supergirl (and, without a doubt, more to come), keep the Bat-family going strong in the game.

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster (if you do not know how, or do not have a preference, please say so and a default picture shall be picked for you):

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

Being Batman for a whole year taught me some things. See, all the way back when I was Robin up until a couple of years ago, I was impatient. Whenever Bruce and I were skulking in the shadows, stalking criminals from afar, I'd be chomping at the bit to hurl myself into the fray.

Bruce could wait for hours if he needed to, just watching. Me? Not so much.

"Show yourself, coward!"

Then I had to be Batman. And in doing so, I developed a real appreciation for the art of...well, scaring the crap out of people.

I've taken down all but two of the thugs guarding the weapons shipment. Bruce got the intel off some pusher he snagged a couple of days back. We don't know where it's coming from but we know something big is going down.

"FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN!" one of them screams at the shadows. He's swearing like crazy, they both are. They're shaking so bad they can hardly hold their guns.

Now comes the part I really like.

I land with a thud behind the bigger of the two. His head snaps back, his gun a second later. "It's the Bat!" he shouts.

"Close, but no cigar." I quip, as my knee connects with his stomach. I spin, my elbow slamming into his face.

"Nightwing!" the other yells out as he unleashes a hail of bullets. I somersault out of harm's way fine, but he came awful close to shooting his friend full of holes. How's that for honor among thieves?

"We have a winner!"

The crook tries to spot me but before he can, an escrima stick comes flying out of the shadow. It breaks his hand in two places, his gun making a dull thud on the ground. The man falls to his knees and lets out a howl.

"Now, let's you and I talk about this shipment of yours.."

SenseiofCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:12 PM   #64
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Well, personal canon can be used if you simply don't think things work a certain way, Mad Love for example is a story that i think should have been put as canon
If you are saying that I can make the storyline "Justice" cannon, than that is different. Because I can't. If something was never cannon before it won't be cannon now just because of what is said above.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:26 PM   #65
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseiofCheese View Post
The "World's Finest" DC RPG Application

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Dick Grayson / Nightwing

Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences): Orphaned when his parents were murdered by mobsters, young acrobat Dick Grayson was taken in by billionaire Bruce Wayne.

Before long, Bruce revealed to the youngster that he was, in fact, the mysterious Batman of Gotham City. Eager to help fight crime, Dick became the first Robin, Boy wonder.

After years of fighting by Batman's side, Dick had a falling out with his mentor. Venturing to Bludhaven, he forged his own identity; Nightwing.

Since then, Dick has mended his relationship with his adoptive father and the two now fight side by side as equals, keeping Gotham safe. Dick recently took up the mantle of the Batman for a year, during Bruce's disappearance, but has since slipped back into his old Nightwing garb.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Batman Inc, the Bat-family.

Explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen and why you've chosen this character: Nightwing is my favorite superhero of all time, yet I've never played him. Now is as good a chance as any, and I guess my plan is to have some fun. Hopefully, I'll write some good stories and, along with Keys and Supergirl (and, without a doubt, more to come), keep the Bat-family going strong in the game.

Being Batman for a whole year taught me some things. See, all the way back when I was Robin up until a couple of years ago, I was impatient. Whenever Bruce and I were skulking in the shadows, stalking criminals from afar, I'd be chomping at the bit to hurl myself into the fray.

Bruce could wait for hours if he needed to, just watching. Me? Not so much.

"Show yourself, coward!"

Then I had to be Batman. And in doing so, I developed a real appreciation for the art of...well, scaring the crap out of people.

I've taken down all but two of the thugs guarding the weapons shipment. Bruce got the intel off some pusher he snagged a couple of days back. We don't know where it's coming from but we know something big is going down.

"FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN!" one of them screams at the shadows. He's swearing like crazy, they both are. They're shaking so bad they can hardly hold their guns.

Now comes the part I really like.

I land with a thud behind the bigger of the two. His head snaps back, his gun a second later. "It's the Bat!" he shouts.

"Close, but no cigar." I quip, as my knee connects with his stomach. I spin, my elbow slamming into his face.

"Nightwing!" the other yells out as he unleashes a hail of bullets. I somersault out of harm's way fine, but he came awful close to shooting his friend full of holes. How's that for honor among thieves?

"We have a winner!"

The crook tries to spot me but before he can, an escrima stick comes flying out of the shadow. It breaks his hand in two places, his gun making a dull thud on the ground. The man falls to his knees and lets out a howl.

"Now, let's you and I talk about this shipment of yours.."

I will only approve the blue uniform.

APPROVED

Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 06:31 PM   #66
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.

Right on.

To be honest, I prefer the blue one and wish they had kept it. But since it's red now, I'm expecting a better pool of new usable images from the comics.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #67
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnKRPG View Post
From now until November 4th, the 24 hour rules is in effect with all applications.

Gotta make things fair for some poor sap who thinks compete.

Below The Bible Belt
Old 10-31-2011, 06:35 PM   #68
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

**** you and the something you something somethinged.

Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 06:39 PM   #69
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

**** you for not reading!

Below The Bible Belt
Old 10-31-2011, 06:40 PM   #70
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

You really screwed the pooch there, wieg.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:48 PM   #71
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.

Fair is fair.

I'LL KILL YOU ALL

Old 10-31-2011, 06:51 PM   #72
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseiofCheese View Post
Fair is fair.

I'LL KILL YOU ALL
Even if someone else applies, we won't accept them over you.

It doesn't matter if we're actually fair, only that we appear to be fair.

Below The Bible Belt
Old 10-31-2011, 07:01 PM   #73
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
It doesn't matter if we're actually fair, only that we appear to be fair.
When are you running for US Senate again?

Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 07:02 PM   #74
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
**** you for not reading!
Oh, I read it. I just didn't care enough to remember.

Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #75
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
When are you running for US Senate again?
My term is up in 2016.

Below The Bible Belt