The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #101
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Yep. But it doesn't matter, because your ass is sticking with Nightwing.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #102
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.
 
SenseiofCheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mother*****ing Iceland! Woo!
Posts: 5,132
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Oh, totally. I ain't ever giving up Dick.

Don't.

SenseiofCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:08 PM   #103
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseiofCheese View Post
Oh, totally. I ain't ever giving up Dick.

Don't.
I won't pick at you for your love of Dick. I think we've all come to a point in our lives where we've realized we love Dick. I remember when it happened to me. I don't think I'd want to live in a world without Dick.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #104
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.
 
SenseiofCheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mother*****ing Iceland! Woo!
Posts: 5,132
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

You've gotta be careful not to have too much Dick.

Sometimes, I've had it up to here with Dick.

SenseiofCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #105
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,242
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

What?!

There's no such thing as too much Dick!

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #106
Supergirl
The Maid of Might
 
Supergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,855
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Just beware of Hairy Dick. A mulletted Dick is not as cool as a nicely trimmed Dick.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergirl
...Are you gonna get it up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bruce
I'll try.
Supergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #107
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.
 
SenseiofCheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mother*****ing Iceland! Woo!
Posts: 5,132
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Just ask those two thugs from the sample post in my application. They got so much Dick they won't be walking right for weeks.

SenseiofCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #108
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,295
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

The only bad Dick is Disco Dick.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #109
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,295
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseiofCheese View Post
Just ask those two thugs from the sample post in my application. They got so much Dick they won't be walking right for weeks.
That's what happens when you make Dick angry.


Let this be a lesson. Always be nice to Dick, and good things will happen.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #110
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,295
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseiofCheese View Post
Out of curiosity, having the DCnU be the jumping off point, does that mean the convoluted mess that the Green Lantern continuity has become will be in effect?
As much as I love Kyle, that's one case where I'd be ok taking the Corps back to the pre-Reign of the Supermen status.

Or at least pre-Parallax status.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #111
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,242
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

I honestly feel like the Corps are actually less convoluted since Johns made his adjustments to continuity. Before that, it was a complete mess, and the 90's switchup period between Kyle, Hal, Emerald Twilight certainly didn't help at all. But I guess that's just me.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #112
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,475
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

A bit of uncertainty in the DCnU is if Simone's latest Secret Six series is in cannon or not anymore. The only thing we have seen thus far that makes it look like it is not in cannon is that in the new Suicide Squad Deadshot says that he's "never been on a team before". Course that also means that Ostrander's previous Suicide Squad runs would not be in cannon either.

I'm just trying to figure out on what we will do with this.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #113
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Well, it doesn't really matter because I don't think anyone is even going to use Deadshot or any of the SS members, nobody ever really did in the last RPG.

So, don't sweat it.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #114
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,295
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
I honestly feel like the Corps are actually less convoluted since Johns made his adjustments to continuity. Before that, it was a complete mess, and the 90's switchup period between Kyle, Hal, Emerald Twilight certainly didn't help at all. But I guess that's just me.
It's just you.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:09 PM   #115
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,242
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
It's just you.
It's a lonely hill to sit on, but sit I will.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #116
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,295
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

yeah, you can certainly sit on it.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #117
sumowrestler
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 201
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

I admit, I didn't read much of Kyle's series or of the Jordan first run either. I might have caught a hand full of each one since I didn't have the finances back then to get a subscription and comics were hard to find around I lived. As for John's changes\additions, I rather like them. MOST make sense but as with any writer, there can get to a point where they simply add too much to a mythos. Once I get Stewart's app done, I'm going to stay with what has been established including the two planet destructions which one was Mogo.

sumowrestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #118
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,475
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Would it be a bother than if I give Glass' new Suicide Squad in the New 52 "the finger" at least in respect to Deadshot's comment and make the previous Suicide Squad and Secret Six still cannon then?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #119
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,295
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

do whatever the hell you want

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:23 AM   #120
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
Well, it doesn't really matter because I don't think anyone is even going to use Deadshot or any of the SS members, nobody ever really did in the last RPG.

So, don't sweat it.
*cough*

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:24 AM   #121
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyside-kick View Post
Would it be a bother than if I give Glass' new Suicide Squad in the New 52 "the finger" at least in respect to Deadshot's comment and make the previous Suicide Squad and Secret Six still cannon then?
Who did you want to play?

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:21 AM   #122
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekin View Post
*cough*
You and then me for like two posts. That's it. Whoopty ****ing do!

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:56 AM   #123
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!
 
Keyser Soze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 19,926
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

The best approach would be to do what I do as a reader: make a list of the crappy titles that we just pretend don't exist, while enjoying the good ones.

__________________
Check out my comic, THE STANDARD!

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:14 AM   #124
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,475
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekin View Post
Who did you want to play?
Moreso, Secret Six being in cannon affects "where my character is" in terms of their life.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I will PM you, Harl.


Suckers. I'm looking at YOU, byrd.


Though I doubt that my choice will affect you much in regards to what could have sparked some curiosity since you were a fan of such characters as Suicide Squad and Secret Six.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #125
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!
 
Keyser Soze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 19,926
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

I'm happy with pretending Suicide SquadINO is an Elseworlds, and restoring Secret Six to canon. Both in the RPG and in the comics.

__________________
Check out my comic, THE STANDARD!

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.