The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #926
cryptic name
No Limits
 
cryptic name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 8,915
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
But you liked Jane......right?
She really was excellent. The best part of the movie by far in all the aspects of her role. Can't wait to see her in more stuff.

__________________
"All I really need to know is this: Batman always comes back, bigger and better, shiny and new. Batman never dies. It never ends. It probably never will."

I believe in Batfleck
cryptic name is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #927
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 19,727
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic name View Post
She really was excellent. The best part of the movie by far in all the aspects of her role. Can't wait to see her in more stuff.
That's good to hear

What did you not like about the movie?

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 04-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #928
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX
 
Kane52630's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Skynet
Posts: 67,231
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)




__________________
Our Demons
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #929
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,508
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

I'm going to see this in about an hour. I'm not a fan of super gory films, but for some damn reason this movie seems worth seeing to me. Here's hoping it's good.

Matt Mortem is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #930
bullets
bang bang
 
bullets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: in the abstract
Posts: 27,510
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

I feel like going to see this again , but I want to wait for the weekend crowd. The remake has plenty of gore , but it's more along the lines of an action film.

bullets is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #931
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick
 
TheHeatKitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,128
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviedoors View Post
Far and away, the aspect I miss the most. She sold the **** out of that in the advertising and I wish they'd have found a way to include it.
I put the whole thing as a spoiler because I mentioned various things from the film throughout. Playing it safe.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I'm thinking there's a whole scene cut out that includes that and the final fate of Natalie. She just kind of disappears. Correct me if I'm wrong, but she crawls back to David, he's sad and her body is just gone.

In the original, when Cheryl is at her worst in the basement, a possessed Linda is giggling like crazy and essentially taunting Ash. After a little action, he brings Linda down, takes her to the shed to dismember he with the chainsaw before ultimately deciding to bury her. Not to mention there are images from the movie online of David using the chainsaw and getting covered in blood. Those aspects make me think something significant was cut.

I imagine something like David is lying there with her, Eric speaks up and says they have to finish it and cut her body up, so David takes her out to the shed and cuts her apart with the chainsaw (like we wanted Ash to do in the original) and buries her (pieces) like they did with Shelly in the original.

Also, they mentioned three ways to kill the deadites: bodily dismemberment, live burial or purification by fire. We saw the live burial (scene at the end with Mia) and purification by fire (the opening sequence as well as the final burning of the cabin). We didn't see a final deadite slaying by bodily dismemberment. ... Just a thought.

TheHeatKitchen is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #932
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick
 
TheHeatKitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,128
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
But you liked Jane......right?
.... Who in their right mind wouldn't? I mean....

TheHeatKitchen is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #933
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 19,727
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)


__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 04-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #934
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick
 
TheHeatKitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,128
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Thanks a lot, JERK!

Now I need to clean the drool off of my keyboard

Yes, DROOL!

But on a serious note, she really did do an AMAZING job. And at her young age, she has a very bright future ahead of her. She's proven she has the range to do a wide array of genres.

Hopefully my demo tape will get some work her sometime soon

TheHeatKitchen is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #935
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 19,727
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)



Yeah, she'll definitely go far.

On the appreciation thread we're trying to deduct who's a better actress. Jane or Emma Stone? Lol

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 04-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #936
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,508
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Well I enjoyed it quite a bit. It had all kinds of flaws and what have you, but I actually ended up enjoying it quite a bit. I'll have to go again this weekend with a crowd. The theater I went to was huge and there were only three people in there (myself included). The after credits scene was cool too. I would have liked more characterization, but I suppose once the carnage starts, there's no time for quite character building moments.

Matt Mortem is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #937
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate
 
Mike_D202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Upper Michigan
Posts: 6,675
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
I put the whole thing as a spoiler because I mentioned various things from the film throughout. Playing it safe.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I'm thinking there's a whole scene cut out that includes that and the final fate of Natalie. She just kind of disappears. Correct me if I'm wrong, but she crawls back to David, he's sad and her body is just gone.

In the original, when Cheryl is at her worst in the basement, a possessed Linda is giggling like crazy and essentially taunting Ash. After a little action, he brings Linda down, takes her to the shed to dismember he with the chainsaw before ultimately deciding to bury her. Not to mention there are images from the movie online of David using the chainsaw and getting covered in blood. Those aspects make me think something significant was cut.

I imagine something like David is lying there with her, Eric speaks up and says they have to finish it and cut her body up, so David takes her out to the shed and cuts her apart with the chainsaw (like we wanted Ash to do in the original) and buries her (pieces) like they did with Shelly in the original.

Also, they mentioned three ways to kill the deadites: bodily dismemberment, live burial or purification by fire. We saw the live burial (scene at the end with Mia) and purification by fire (the opening sequence as well as the final burning of the cabin). We didn't see a final deadite slaying by bodily dismemberment. ... Just a thought.
Yeah I mentioned a few pages back that I'm assuming there were a lot of cuts (due to the NC-17 rating) and if you look at some of the tv spots, you see Mia walking/stumbling down a highway in her red dress (that she wore at the end) giving some evidence that there was an alternate ending.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom
So did I miss any meltdowns today?

I imagine there was more of "MoS was a disappointment," with maybe a splash of "DC is dragging their feet." Maybe even "DC is just making a cash grab."
Mike_D202 is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #938
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick
 
TheHeatKitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,128
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post


Yeah, she'll definitely go far.

On the appreciation thread we're trying to deduct who's a better actress. Jane or Emma Stone? Lol
Emma Stone is great, but I think Jane has a higher ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
Well I enjoyed it quite a bit. It had all kinds of flaws and what have you, but I actually ended up enjoying it quite a bit. I'll have to go again this weekend with a crowd. The theater I went to was huge and there were only three people in there (myself included). The after credits scene was cool too. I would have liked more characterization, but I suppose once the carnage starts, there's no time for quite character building moments.
We had a small showing too, which definitely took away from the effect. There were about 20 people, you could hear a few "ewws" and "ooohs" and "ahs" but not too much. No one screamed or vomited like I was hoping.

IMO, the only things missing were the haunted house and psychological aspects from the original. There were some, but not near enough. I felt the characters built enough for this kind of movie. The only characters that really required some developments were Mia and David, and they got about 95% of what they needed. Mia still has a little more developing she can do in the sequel(s) and I firmly believe there was a scene cut out that would really give David more character.

I'm glad you enjoyed it though. It's a remake/sequel of my favorite movie of all time and I approved.

TheHeatKitchen is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #939
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick
 
TheHeatKitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,128
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_D202 View Post
Yeah I mentioned a few pages back that I'm assuming there were a lot of cuts (due to the NC-17 rating) and if you look at some of the tv spots, you see Mia walking/stumbling down a highway in her red dress (that she wore at the end) giving some evidence that there was an alternate ending.
I remember seeing other people mentioning that (probably you included). I'm hoping the presumed alternate ending wasn't anything too big. For movies that are expected to have a sequel, I dont like alternate endings that completely change the finale. That being said, as excited my nerd side would get over the rumored alternate ending, I think it would ruin the sequel concept.

As for the cuts, I've seen people say that there were just a few frames removed to reduced the rating, but I'm fully convinced there were a couple of full scenes removed, i.e. David with the chainsaw, as I mentioned before.

Hopefully the bootleg copy I'll be getting soon will be the unrated version and I can know for sure.

(Don't worry Ghost House, I'm going to see it again this weekend and probably again after that, and buying the BluRay the day it releases. You'll get your money from me.)

TheHeatKitchen is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #940
redhawk23
Wrestlin'
 
redhawk23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Kemet
Posts: 13,709
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Awesome fan poster pointing out the acronym.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
On my planet, the S stands for Sears.
redhawk23 is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #941
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick
 
TheHeatKitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,128
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk23 View Post
Awesome fan poster pointing out the acronym.

Thats pretty sweet. Although I wouldn't want that Mia staring at me at night.

TheHeatKitchen is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #942
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,508
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
Thats pretty sweet. Although I wouldn't want that Mia staring at me at night.
I've slept through worse. Even a demon possessed Mia is better than my usual scenery.

Matt Mortem is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #943
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 19,727
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
Emma Stone is great, but I think Jane has a higher ceiling.
Agreed. You just have to think...could Emma do what Jane did?

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 04-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #944
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick
 
TheHeatKitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,128
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I've slept through worse. Even a demon possessed Mia is better than my usual scenery.
I'm afraid to ask.... I'll just let it go.

TheHeatKitchen is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #945
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX
 
Kane52630's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Skynet
Posts: 67,231
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

I gotta say, that scream scene is pretty damn memorable. It had the Raimi camera angles, a great scream, and sh** flying everywhere. Loved it.

__________________
Our Demons
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #946
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 19,727
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Looking at Matt's Hannibal avy...I can only imagine

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 04-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #947
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick
 
TheHeatKitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,128
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Agreed. You just have to think...could Emma do what Jane did?
She wouldn't have been nearly as believable. As long as she doesn't become complacent, she could be amazing.

TheHeatKitchen is offline  
Old 04-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #948
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 19,727
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Yeah. Jane's a sweet enough girl. She's got bit of Jennifer Lawrence vibe. Down to earth and doesn't give a **** attitude

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 04-11-2013, 02:47 AM   #949
Agent Z
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 176
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
I really liked the movie,but Evil Dead 2 is still my favorite. Which,reminds me. I wish they had more supernatural monsters make appearances in a sequel(if they do one).

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
That's one thing that disappointed me about the final "monster" in the remake. She was just a possessed girl,not some kind of otherworldly creature like at the end of Evil Dead 2.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Yeah, they kept building up the final monster as the ultimate evil, but it was basically just another girl. I was hoping that we would get Rotten Apple Head! Or....something other than just another person making crazy faces.

Agent Z is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #950
jmc
callin' it like I see it
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I come from the land Down Under
Posts: 20,980
Default Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Bad news Aussie fans. via news.com.au

Sony gives Evil Dead film remake limited release in Australia cinemas

THE Evil Dead film remake, which is topping box offices in the US and Canada, has been given a limited release in Australia. Sony Pictures Australia's decision to show the R18+ horror movie Evil Dead, a remake of the banned 1981 movie of the same name, at only one cinema in Sydney and Melbourne has provoked outrage on Sony Pictures' Facebook page.
"This is ridiculous and offensive. There is no reason why Adelaide should miss out. There are so many people excited for it here. Please just screen it," responded Zaen Ghast.
Evil Dead will be released at Dendy Newtown in Sydney; Cinema Nova, Melbourne; Cineplex South Bank, Brisbane, and Cinema Paradiso, Perth, on May 9 after a screening at the Gold Coast Film Festival on April 28.

Fans of the film have set up their own Facebook account, Evil Dead Remake 2013.
The film raked in $25.7 million during its opening weekend in US, making it the most-watched film. It also made $4.5 million in 21 overseas markets. Not bad for a film that cost $17 million to make.



__________________
Celebrating 75 years of Batman saving Gotham City.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.