The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Old 01-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #76
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Default Re: Warm Bodies.

Twilight wasn't the first to come up with the idea of a girl falling in love with a "monster".

Old 01-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #77
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

TWILIGHT is aimed at pre-teen girls in a love story. The book isn't a love story. It's a commentary on today's society that has a love story in it.

Also THE FEMALE IS NOT the lead - R is.

Reviews are also going to be great if it's anything like the book in that it is a very smart and well-constructed criticism on today's society.

It's a commentary first, zombie film second, love story third.

I'd go as far to say it'll be better than ZOMBIELAND and I loved that film. And that's the CLOSEST relation.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 01-23-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #78
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

To clarify, I was talking about the comparison between The Hunger Games and Twilight...

Old 01-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #79
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Oh. Lol. Nm then. But still all points stand of differing Warm Bodies from Twilight for those relating them.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 01-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #80
CoolCadaver49
Not a Hero...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Twilight wasn't the first to come up with the idea of a girl falling in love with a "monster".
Nobody said that it was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
TWILIGHT is aimed at pre-teen girls in a love story. The book isn't a love story. It's a commentary on today's society that has a love story in it.

Also THE FEMALE IS NOT the lead - R is.

Reviews are also going to be great if it's anything like the book in that it is a very smart and well-constructed criticism on today's society.

It's a commentary first, zombie film second, love story third.
To clarify, I was talking about the comparison between Twilight and the Hunger Games. I never said that the female was the lead in Warm Bodies.

And while the book isn't a love story, is it really that much of a stretch to assume that Hollywood will modify the story to fit general audiences' current tastes? $$$ comes before everything else, unfortunately.

I'm not saying that's what's going to happen, it's just that I'm not sure how you can be so confident that it wont. It seemed like the trailer was playing up the romance aspect, with some action thrown in as an afterthought to attract more guys to the theater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
I'd go as far to say it'll be better than ZOMBIELAND and I loved that film. And that's the CLOSEST relation.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Wish I shared your confidence, there. But Zombieland is, like, the best. That'll be tough to top.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #81
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Everything from the book I've seen in the film. It seems like it's a direct adaptation from everything I've read. The first review has also called it a "smart social commentary" which shows that that remains intact. Hell, the first four minutes just shows that. Depending on how true it says, he doesn't even meet her until twenty-minutes in.

The film doesn't focus on action either. They're focusing on action and romance to bring in those demographics because selling what it actually is may not attract many people - a flat out intelligent commentary on the world we're living in today.

I'd say Zombieland is funnier. But this film is smarter, if that makes sense? Personally I really dig stories that have something deep to say and this is it at every twist and corner.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #82
gwynplaine
L'homme qui rit.

Zombie Rob Corddry, nuff said
I'm there.

Laugh now, laugh later.

gwynplaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #83
Evan Drew
Side-Kick

Th Smile Re: Warm Bodies.

Just got back from seeing this today and everyone in the family (myself, wife, two sons) loved it. It definately had some social commentary and I must say that the director did a great job! It hit all the right marks.

And yes, this is also a love story, but it fit the purpose of the movie. I have not read the book, so I have no idea how close this came to matching it, but for ones who came in not knowing any more than what the trailer showed, we really enjoyed it.

Allow me to add that my wife does not do zombie movies but the trailer concept made her want to see this one. I hope it finds an audience because it deserves one.

I would say 8.5/10.

Evan Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:23 AM   #84
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Extremely likeable and fun movie.

Spill

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:34 AM   #85
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Is there any Zombies eating people & or gory moments in this movie? When this is released on Bluray do you think there will be an unrated cut with such moments put back in or was it made to only be PG-13 to begin with so there will be no need for an unrated cut?

Old 02-03-2013, 03:42 AM   #86
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Yes you do see humans getting attacked/eaten for a bit. Doubt there is an unrated cut because its just not that type of movie. Or at least its unnecessary.

Spill

Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #87
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Rob Corddry stole it for me.

" *****es, man."

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #88
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

There is probably an unrated cut, but one that won't get released because there's no need for it. The director said they shot without thinking about rated R and PG-13 so they could just go ahead without any restrictions, then let the MPAA tell them what's a PG-13 because that's the rating they were always aiming for.

The movie was great. And other than two things it was really true to the book. The book just adds more minor details that may or may not enhance one's viewing of it. The only real changes in the book are:

- The humans took residence in a sports arena type area.
- The general/father continued to order his soldiers to kill R and his daughter in the end - before he was killed and eaten by a boney.

Overall, I'd say while the book was stronger due to having more details in it - the changes from the book did make for a stronger film.

9/10 - 10/10

Old 02-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #89
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

I saw this movie last night and really enjoyed it. When I first saw the trailers and previews for this I thought it was gonna be terrible. I was like a pg-13 zombie flick mixed with Twlight? PASS. But my friends told me it was pretty good and the reviews also sold me. The story, acting, humor, and bits of actions are well done. My only complaint is that the bonies CGI was pretty crappy in some places. And blood and gore really wasn't need for this movie, as its not the typical horror zombie flick. But yea, this is a very enjoyable movie and it has a brisk runtime (I actually wouldn't have mind if the movie was 2 hours). I haven't read the books (or even heard of the books until now) but I would be down for a sequel, but with the way this movie ended it doesn't feel like they need to do one.

8/10 for me solid movie!

ShadowBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:47 AM   #90
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Lots and lots of plot conveniences and Malkovich were the only downsides. It was a very likeable movie and I had a great time. 7-7.5/10

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #91
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

My wife and daughter went to see this Saturday and they really liked it. It was funny, as soon as she told me the zombie's name was R and the girl was Julie, I realized it was a crazy take on Romeo and Juliet. Even immediately knew Malkovich was Julie's dad with ever catching that in the trailers.

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:36 AM   #92
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Rob Corddry stole it for me.

" *****es, man."
Oh man, that whole scene was fantastic.

Zombies: "Mmrrrmmmrmrmr"

Rob: "They say....**** yeah."

I thought it was a pretty damn good movie. Not my favorite zombie comedy, but definitely high up there. I really need to go read the book now. I just wish it had been a bit more gory.

Henchman for Shadaloo
Wolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #93
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I really enjoyed the movie. I agree, Rob Corddry was awesome.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #94
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

my mom was looking for a movie to go see (asked me to look up whats playing) not really anything good out right now that she'd like, anyway...

would this movie be appropriate for her ? (like not to violent, or alot of bad language,... ect)

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #95
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

It's fine, it's got some violence but not gruesome. And they curse sporadically, with one ****. No sexually explicit stuff sans him watching her undress for bed.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #96
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

It's definitely the most "family friendly" zombie movie I've ever seen lol.

Henchman for Shadaloo
Wolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #97
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

thanks, but I might find her something else to see after all... lol

I still kinda want to see this myself tho

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:23 AM   #98
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

This movie was really rad. I saw it about an hour ago. It was touching, funny and felt really different. My only complaint was the ending. It felt a tad rushed. 8/10

Matt Mortem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:19 AM   #99
Bruce Banner
Functional, but hammered.

Like everyone else, Rob Corddry made me burst out laughing.

Definitely wanted a feel good movie that also had it's share of violence yesterday. Probably going to check out the book now.

avy by Kane52630
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #100
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

This movie was very warm, heartfelt and enjoyable. Liked the characters, and although they did some things in the beginning of the movie that typical zombies wouldn't do, it fit the context of the story. Really worked for me.

And I will say that one day, I hope to have a best friend like Corddry's character. He had R's back every step of the way.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote