The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Old 11-13-2011, 01:04 AM   #76
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG

"...And that's our final offer."

I raise my eyebrow at the men sitting across from me. "Is it?"

"Yes," my counterpart replies with confidence. The two men sitting on either side of him look much less so.

I pick up the papers, tapping their bottom against the table to straighten them up. And I start skimming through the changes. In reality, it's all just show. I know exactly what they're asking for. But I am in control of this negotiation, whether they realize it or not. Which means I will dictate the pace we progress, not them.

"Hmm. And if I decline this offer?"

"Then I'm afraid these negotiations are over. And I seriously doubt you're willing to take the blame for that. And for the consequences if these talks break down. Which is why you'll agree to these terms, and sign the papers, Lex." The man in the middle smiles at me. It's a smile I'm all too familiar with. Because I've used it many times myself. Which means I know he's bluffing.

I set the papers back down, lean back in the chair, and clasp my hands together under my chin.

"For the last three months, I have been working with the city government, various public and private hospitals, and local free clinics to completely revamp the entire health care system of this city. During this time, I've dealt with bureaucrats, lobbyists, and businessmen all ranging from helpful to greedy and corrupt. Half the people in the city love my plan for privatization, the other half are condemning me as the anti-Christ."

"And you think you can intimidate me?"

Suddenly, my counterpart representing the various unions in these final talks looks as nervous as his cohorts.

"I know that this plan will bring down costs for patients and hospitals. It will force suppliers to be more competitive. It will increase the availability to services for all the people in this city, regardless of need or income. And that it will cost you hundreds of thousands, if not millions, in personal kickbacks and flat out theft."

"How dare-!"

"No."

"...what?"

"The answer is no."

"You can't-!"

I pull an envelope filled with certain photographs out of my jacket pocket and drop it on the table, walking out of the room without looking back...

Thirty minutes later, I walk out of the LexCorp building to camera flashes and reporters shouting questions. I only had to wait less than four minutes for them to beg me to come back to the table and agree to my terms. I thought they would last at least ten. I obviously overestimated their spines.

I raise my hands to quiet down the din. "I'll be making a full statement this afternoon. But I am happy to announce that final negotiations have finally been concluded. And the Metropolis 21st Century Health Plan will move forward."

The reporters begin shouting again. But I ignore them. "By the new year, we'll see a new Metropolis. A healthier, safer Metropolis. And, once again, we'll be a model for the country. Thank you."

I give the cameras a smile and wave, then turn back towards the entrance. Mercy is waiting for me.

"Well?"

"The subsidiaries are ready to move their inventory once the orders come in."

"And LexCorp will instantly become the majority medical supplier in the city."

"You have to love competition."

"Especially when you own all the competition."

"Finance is projecting $2.5 billion in revenue within the first five years."

I give Mercy a knowing smile. "Oh, I plan to have that by the summer."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #77
sumowrestler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Batman turned to John Stewart. He never thought he'd say this, but...

"Gardner's right. We need to head back downtown and do what we can to keep this chaos under control."

He cast a glance back at the unconscious delinquent. He didn't like saying this either...

"We'll just have to leave him here. No prison in San Diego is going to hold him or others like him. Our focus needs to be on fixing the cause of all this."

The pair flew back to downtown San Diego.

"See if the others need any help," Batman said, "Im going to go see what I can do."

With that, Batman seperated from the Green Lantern and ventured off on his own into the city.
"That is once we figure out what the cause is to begin with, Batman."

"High levels of kryptonite detected."

'What? Where? How much kryptonite? Take me there, ring."

John flies towards Superman and the Flash seeing the two known super villians the League has fought in the past. Metallo explains the kryptonite radiation and Riot is just a pain to deal with. The first major threat looks like Metallo. Superman looks like he already been dealt a heavy dose of kryptonite. Looks like it is time to even up the odds a little. John shoots a green net at the giant Metallo. It wraps around him and then shocks the robot. Metallo then breaks free and swings one of his arms at Stewart hitting him. The swing made him fly several feet back into a building.

"OK, next time I won't be so gentle on you once I am able to see more then one copy of you."

Last edited by sumowrestler; 11-14-2011 at 11:23 AM.
sumowrestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #78
Shlee
Hype! Idol Queen

That last day or so had been relatively quiet in Gotham, except for a couple of terrorist acts that could've been done by none other than the Joker himself. I shudder at the thought of that maniac, curling my fingers a bit more tightly around the hot mug of soup in my hands.

The quiet is only amplified because the Bat hasn't shown up. And when I say he hasn't shown up, I mean -anywhere- in Gotham; for at least twenty-four hours. And I know because I've been a busy little cat in the past twenty-four hours, and not even the swish of a cape. Disappointing.

I can only conclude that the Bat is in San Diego, attempting to take care of the huge mess going on down there. The reporters are still talking about it, but they've fled from the scene; not that I blame them, necessarily. Still, they've commented on thefts and break ins, mostly of banks and other high-cash operations, but no one's mentioned the museums. Which means none of these new super-humans really know what they're doing. Instant gratification, pah. A cat burglar on the other hand...

"And maybe, just maybe, this little Cat could catch a Bat," I muse outloud, a sly grin pulling at one corner of my mouth.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

"Thanks again for watching my babies for me, Lola. I hope they don't miss mommy too much while she's gone," I purr at my mewling children as I pass their carrier over to my friend.

"Not a problem, Selina. Good luck in San Diego; let me know what you find, hm?" she grins at me. I just grin back and wave, turning on my heel to leave.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~

"There you are, Ms. Kyle," the flight attendant says with forced-politeness, the jealousy in her voice barely concealed as she passes me my brimming glass of wine. "And might I just say-"

I cut her off as she continues. "I'd rather you didn't." Without another word I turn from the flight attendant to stare out the window from the comfort of my first class seat, waiting for the plane to take off.

'Today might be very productive... In more ways than one,' I smirk to myself, taking a long, satisfying pull of my wine.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Oh! Sjáđu! Logandi kind!
Oh! Look! A flaming sheep!
Ţetta er besta signature í heimi.
Shlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #79
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Amidst the chaos of downtown San Diego, a bewildered girl stood in the middle of the road, looking around in awe at the craziness surrounding her. She didn't see the car speeding towards her, the motorist having lost control of the wheel due to the tentacles that had spontaenously sprouted from his forehead. At the last moment, Batman leapt onto the road and grabbed the girl, rolling onto the sidewalk with her safely wrapped in his arms.

Wincing from the impact, Batman helped the girl to her feet. She smiled at him gratefully, then turned into a bat and flew away. Now it was Batman's turn to be bewildered. Then it hit him. One second, he was looking up at the bat flying skywards. The next second he'd been hit by what felt like a bus, blasting him across the street and through the glass window of a store on the other side of the road.

Batman was momentarily stunned as he lay amidst the wreckage of the abandoned souvenir store. Then the pain hit him. He thought that a couple of broken ribs were a distinct possibility, with the way his breath caught ragged in his chest. What the hell was that?

"Hey, Batman! Come on out."

Blocking out the pain, Batman pushed himself to his feet and walked back out through the shattered shop window in a way that made his struggle to stand upright look slow and purposeful. Waiting for him out in the street was a heavy-set man in his early 30s, hovering several feet above the ground, eyes glowing bright red.

"There you are," the man sneered, "You probably don't remember me, with the hundreds of folks in Gotham you get off on tryin' to scare..."

"Albert Patterson. Wife-beater. I told you to get out of Gotham and never come back, to run and hide somewhere far away. It seems like you took my advice."

Patterson's smirk faded, and he looked thrown off by Batman's memory of him, as if he'd had a big monologue planned that he wouldn't be able to use now. As Batman glanced at the now-superhuman thug's trunk-like arms, he thought to himself that any small measure of disappointment he could bring to this guy was worth it.

"Well, uh... I ain't gotta run and hide no more, you feel me? Now I'm just like Superman. And you're just a guy in a cape. Gonna have fun with you..."

In the blink of an eye, Patterson went from floating in midair to standing right in front of Batman, his hand squeezing the Dark Knight's throat. Batman clutched feebly with one hand, but couldn't break the cast-iron grip. Looking desperate, he hit Patterson with a surely-useless right hook to the face. The only response it got from him was a smile.

Then he just let Batman go. Batman fell to his knees, gasping for air. Patterson had vanished. He moved so fast, he might as well have been teleporting. He didn't even have the chance to get to his feet when a blur flashed past him, hitting him with a backhand slap that knocked him to the ground.

"I'm gonna take my time with you. See how you like being afraid."

The voice could have been coming from anywhere. Batman looked around; Patterson was nowhere to be seen. On unsteady legs, he pushed himself up to his feet, spitting out a wad of blood onto the ground. Slowly, he drew out a batarang from his utility belt, ready to attempt to use it. But no sooner had he raised it to shoulder height than it was struck out of his hands, another blur rushing past him. It doubled back, and he felt his leg kicked out from under him. He was back on his knees again, his leg burning with pain. Any harder and Patterson would have snapped the limb like a twig.

"Heh heh heh..."

Batman reached for a remote control under his glove. He pressed it, and the discarded batarang exploded into a cloud of smoke, obscuring the street and letting Batman disappear into the haze. His visors shifted to heat vision to accomodate, and he picked up on the hulking frame of Patterson - burning bright red all over on his visual display - standing not too far away, looking around.

"You think this'll stop me, rat? It's just a cheap trick! Cheap tricks are all you got. I'll find ya, and..."

Patterson stopped mid-sentence to grab the hook of the grappling gun, fired by Batman in his direction. At super-speed, he rotated his wrist, wrapping up the rope around his arm and dragging Batman closer.

"Dumb move for such a smart guy. You wanna hook onto me? Let's take a ride!"

With that, Patterson launched into the air, dragging Batman with him. Batman swung from the end of his grappling gun, trying to climb up the rope to reach his flying foe. The criminals in Gotham City didn't normally take to the skies like this. Laughing maniacally, Patterson took a sharp turn, swinging Batman into the side of a building. All along his back lit up with burning pain upon impact, his vertebrae screaming in protest. But he kept on climbing.

"You're out of your depth, Batman! This ain't your city, and we ain't your kinda opponents. I ain't scared, and if I ain't scared, you got nothin'!"

With a final leap, Batman threw himself onto Patterson's back, wrapping his arms around his neck. He still said nothing. He didn't need to. Patterson thought he had Batman right where he wanted him. But in fact, the opposite was true.

"What you gonna do, choke *coff*... choke me out? You ain't gonna... *coff coff*... gonna learn..."

Patterson's throat tightened up, and when he talked it felt like there were razor blades grinding in there. His nose started streaming, and he felt the mucus building in his mouth. And he felt dizzy. Flying through the air, he felt dizzy. All of a sudden, he was losing control, falling. He was going down, taking Batman with him. Spreading his cape, Batman guided them both, landing them in an empty parking lot. Patterson was crawling along the ground, sweat streaming from his body. Batman stood over him. Now he talked.

"I needed to get you away from the crowded street before you hurt somebody."

"What... *coff coff, coff*.... what did you do to me?"

"That weak punch, the one that you thought was me being desperate and stupid? The aim wasn't to hurt you. I performed a sleight of hand, broke a capsule concealed in my palm right under your nose, made you inhale a pathogen."

He'd gotten the vial from his utility belt with his free hand, while making a show at clutching feebly at the hand Patterson had wrapped around his throat. Every move he'd made was to get Patterson where he wanted him.

"The pathogen is a state-of-the-art, lethal mecha-virus, engineered to destroy the immune system of even a metahuman like yourself. You'll be dead in minutes."

Patterson's eyes widened with fear, even as he shook his head wildly.

"N-no! You... *coff*... you don't kill! I know that!"

Batman looked down at him gravely.

"I don't kill humans. But you aren't human anymore, are you, Patterson?"

Patterson threw up on the ground, then broke down into sobs.

"Puh-puh-puh-please! I...*COFF COFF COFF*... I'm sorry! Please don't let me die...."

He grabbed onto Batman's boots, looking up at him pleadingly.

"Look at you. You say you're just like Superman? Here's what you, and all the other people in this city who got big ideas to go with their powers need to understand. It's not the "super" that makes Superman who he is. It's the "man" - he's a better man than any of us, and that's why he's a hero. You give his powers to some random creep, and all you end up with is you. Superman? It might actually be a challenge taking him down. Metas like you I can take out in my sleep."

And now it was Batman's turn to grab Albert by the throat.

"I'm a member of the Justice League. I fight alongside Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman. I've battled aliens and demons and evil incarnate. And you thought you could scare me?"

Patterson's strength was gone. His face was a mucus-ridden mess, he looked hellish. He whispered feebly, not even trying to resist Batman's grip.

"Please...."

Batman glared at him, as if weighing up his options. After a few tense seconds, he reached into another compartment of his utility belt, producing a small pill.

"Alright, this is the only antidote. You need to swallow it."

With a desperate, grasping hand, Patterson grabbed the pill and stuffed it down his mouth. With difficulty, he swallowed it.

"And this will cure me?"

Batman just smirked.

"No. There is no cure for the common cold."

"Wha...?"

Patterson's confusion gave way to drowsiness, and he passed out. It wasn't an antidote he'd been given. It was a sedative powerful enough to knock out Killer Croc three times over. Just about enough to do the job on someone with his metahuman abilities. Of course, Batman would never have made him inhale a lethal toxin. What he did make him inhale was a sample of rhinovirus, cause of the common cold.

A cursory glance of Patterson's arm had brought to Batman's attention a large rash, like he was coming up in hives. This suggested to him that, with the particular way this metahuman outbreak had affected Patterson, it had given him an immune system bumped up into overdrive. The way he burned bright red all over through his heat vision confirmed the prognosis. As a result, the infection of the common cold would be a lot less severe. But it's not the virus itself that causes the symptom's, but rather the body's response to it. So Batman made an educated guess that a meta-charged immune system would result in what appeared to be a "super-cold", something Batman could pretend was a disease much more severe.

With Patterson out cold, Batman now let himself double over in pain. His whole body was roaring in pain. Though he knew from pretty early on in that encounter how he was going to neutralise his opponent, he'd still had to take a pounding from someone who hit with the brute force of a cannonball. And now all he wanted to do was pass out himself. Instead, he leapt off the edge of the parking lot, firing his grappling hook once more.

"One down..."

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:27 PM   #80
Watchman
Adios, Cowboy

S.H.A.D.Enet...accessing...the Black Case Files of Father Time

Access Denied

Override successful...Warning..10100111

1010101The Private Diaries Of Victor Frankenstein: Withheld from Biographer Mary Shelley

Lies. Even though I've recorded the macabre deeds of the dreadful night I have withheld the truth until now. In my quest to destroy my creation I am chased by another shadow. The devil's grin follows me. It was one fall evening that I stumbled upon the hellish place. A peculiar dressed man, draped in purple greeted me at his hovel. A sign hanging above him read: The Circus of Maggots. It was a strange shop of curiosities and horrors. Shrunken heads, mutilated body parts, dead things, strange bottles with labels reading: Angel Tears and Devil's Piss. Nonsense my mind told me but I knew I was in denial of the truth. This was something that crawl out of the pits of Hades itself.

I wanted to run but the daemon in man's guise compelled me to stay. He knew about my work. He knew every detail, every problem I've faced, and knew how to rectify them. Galvanization was a fool's errand he informed me. The secret of the Resurrection was not electricity but his very own blood.

Security enabled....link severed...tracking...

The Ant Farm! The flying, miniaturized headquarters of S.H.A.D.E! The Hub's transforms around them. The program can create a virtual landscape. Standing in the center of a city road is a small Japanese girl wearing a domino mask, the head of S.H.A.D.E. People with the powers of Superman buzz about him.

"Damn it all to hell! Find me the person responsible for this ****-up! I want him fed to rancor when I'm through eviscerated them and hanging them with his own intestines!"

"A rancor?" A man steps into the virtual world. Dr. Ray Palmer, the science liason of S.H.A.D.E. "Are you kidding me?"

"You'd be surprise what we find out in the great beyond, Palmer. I can't show you half the things because they would drive you mad. That brain is far to valuable."

"I'm glad that you find me useful not to show me your perverse toys. I cringe as to what you're using my projects for. Are we not going to help them?"

"My budgets have been cut to next than nothing, Palmer because of these lawless fools. Let them help themselves. They make one mistake I'm going to nail these clowns to the wall. For now, we have a job to do. The Bride is currently running down a few leads in Ohio of all places and Frank...
Germany

"By the hounds of hell!"

The train rage across the German countryside as Agent Frankenstein and Agent Mazursky were pinned down by bullets. Things started of simple, recovered the Book of the Dead from the contact and head home. Of course the Cult of the Unwritten Book had intercepted the contact. The duo followed them to the ghost train. A high speed engine with the face of a skull flames bleach from all direction. As the train sped on tracks who form before it.

"Ah...Frank?"

"Not now Doctor. The hordes of the Third Reich have risen yet again to be the thorn in Frankenstein's side for the billionth time." The Nazi zombies shambled forward firing upon them. "Concentrate and fire!"

Frankenstein fired shots from his steam gun each one a head shot. A red light erupted from one of the passenger cars ahead of them. The spell was almost complete. If the cult had finish the incarnation and the train reached it's destination the Uncreator would surely arise. Frank onto of the the next car from the open cargo one.

"Frank!"

"WHAT?!" The monster bellowed but he notice what had worried Agent Mazursky was worried about.

"Hrrum." A helicopter with the face of a man stretched across it. The mouth gaped about revealing a chain. Frankenstein race across the car and leaped into the next one.

"Mazursky? Can you hear me?"

"Yes, of course." Thanks to to the S.H.A.D.E.net psychic features.

"Good, grab the Panzerfaust."

"The what?"

"The rocket launcher. My weapons can not kill the beastly machine."

"I've never fired..."

"I trust you Agent. I must deal with the cult."

Frankenstein kicks down the door sending a few monks in red robes scattering. The guards' heads explode into grey matter. He slowly proceeds to the of the car where the light emits from the book.

"This. ends. now." He shuts the book closing the light. One of the monks points a finger toward him to scold the monster. Frankenstein picks him up by the arm and tosses him off the moving train. He takes out his sword. He hears an explosion as the copter goes down

"Do they only stand by ignorance, is that their happy state the proof of their obedience and their faith?" He swings the sword around cutting off the heads of the monks. One falls to the ground holding his hand, missing fingers.

"You think you can defeat us, monster? You are ignorant of our true size. We are only a small cog in the infernal machine. The Heavens will fall, the universe will be unmade, and we will recreate it all.

"Hrrum." A bullet obliterates the man's skull. The other doors burst open, revealing their leader. Standing before Frankenstein in a creature in a S.S. uniform. He head was a tentacle monstrosity much like the elder's one. He backhand Frank across the car.

"Face me fiend. Feel Frankenstein's vengeance!"

Old 11-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #81
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

OOC: Previously...

The Front Office
W.C. High School
Dayton, Ohio

"Klarion...Bleak?"

"Yes. Since you will not accept 'The Witchboy' for your records. My name is Klarion Bleak. Is this going to take much longer? Had I known high school was such a pain just to register for, I would have possibly passed on the idea."

"You're going to hate applying for college then."

The secretary types his name into the system, as well as entering his address which he claims is in...Limbo Town...and rolls her eyes as she does so. A few clicks here, a few more typing of information in there, and she turns her attention back to the incredibly impatient and strange young boy who he looking at her with a most disturbing look. Little does she know, Klarion is thinking of turning her into a slug right now. She's slow enough at what she does, he thinks. It is only fitting.

"And what is your social security number?"

"Social security number?! Bah! Teekl, I don't care if this is how you are supposed to sign up for school. I'm done here!"

"Teekl? You...are you talking to your cat, young man? I thought I told you that you cannot have it on school premises."

"Believe me, woman, you don't have to worry about a thing."

As Klarion's eyes glow, his spell is cast. A rather simple one, but one that can often times bring him loads of fun. Though he doesn't plan to fulfill its full use right now as while his trip here in his mind is rather like play time, it is specific play time for him. This will only start to become truly fun when he gets to meet and know a certain someone. Controlling the secretary like the puppet she now is, Klarion smirks.

"There. Now we can move on to what is actually important. Enroll me into each of Black Alice's classes."

The secretary enters the name 'Black Alice' into her computer, and Klarion goes around the counter to see the results, but it fails to find a student under such a name.

"What?! But we saw Alice entering the school just moments ago! Huh? Her real name is Lori Zechlin, Teekl?! Why didn't you tell me that before! Yes...I agree. Black Alice is a much better name. Oh well. Enroll me into each of Lori Zechlin's classes then, human."

Classroom 124, American History
W.C. High School
Dayton, Ohio

Bored out of her mind, Lori sits in History class. First period would be so much easier to get through if it was a subject far more interesting for her. Why is it that in a world where superheroes, aliens, and magic exists there isn't some sort of class covering any of the subjects in the slightest? That could keep her awake and a bit entertained at least.

And suddenly, Lori feels 'awake', as she can feel a magical presence very nearby. She looks around her classroom at her classmates. Every face in History class is a familiar one and she definitely is the only one with powers in her school. For a second she thinks that maybe her powers are becoming simply more powerful and that she can feel magical auras from even further away to explain the sudden surge of energy. Though she is very wrong.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

"Come in. Oh, Mrs. Gibbons."

In through the door steps the secretary from the front desk Mrs. Gibbons and just behind her Klarion the Witchboy. The kids in class look at Klarion like they do with Lori, for there is something clearly different and strange about the boy. Entering the classroom, Klarion hands Mrs. Melendez his schedule letting her know he is in fact enrolled into her class as of this morning.

"Ah, Klarion...Bleak. Welcome. You can take any of the open seats."

As he does so, the secretary from the front desk still remains in the opening of the front door, staring out as if she was spacing out and then it hits Klarion that he should probably release her from his spell. His eyes glowing briefly and he makes a simple wink and she is free and completely confused by her surroundings which the history teacher makes notice of.

"Mrs. Gibbons?"

"Huh? Oh! Mrs. Melendez. I...what am I do here, I--"

"You were bringing in the new student, Mrs. Gibbons."

The second that the secretary looks into the room to spot the new student the history teacher is referring to, she suddenly jolts as she is a bit terrified. Klarion simply gives her a cheery smile that quickly shifts to a devilish one as she exits the classroom in a distraught manner.

trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:35 AM   #82
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Mind's racing nearly as fast as my body. An upgraded Metallo on one side, one of the newer villains named Riot on the other. Going off of the JLA files that Hal showed me after I came back, Riot's innate ability is the power of self-duplication. The only known weaknesses he has lie within Clark's strategies to take him down - you have to stop him in his tracks, and you have to literally be able to keep up with all of the rapidfire copies that he creates of himself. That's what my mind singles out as I stand, feeling electricity charge through my veins as I prepare myself for another run. Keeping up with something, anything, just so happens to be a specialty of mine. With Metallo preoccupied with Green Lantern and Superman, I focus on the giggling madman as several versions of him prance around the street corner.

Just remember, Barry. He's part of a singular collective. You're not dealing with dozens of men at once - you're only fighting one.

"Riot, huh? I don't think we've ever been properly introduced."

"Oh, but we have! Oh, but we have!"

Another copy of his steps forward. "We quite anticipated another go at you, Flash! Our last encounter was a bit... unsatisfying. You seemed shorter then!"

I try to save face, pretending to acknowledge this. He's clearly got me confused with someone else, someone with my powers, but I don't yet know who. Nor do I really care at the moment. Riot's copies create a circle around me as I stand virtually still, vibrating in place to build up a momentum.

"Why, because I beat you?"

Keep talking. Keep him distracted. Try and find a strategy out of this.

"Beat us?! That would imply we wouldn't be back for more, and yet here we are! Ready and willing to show you why we've come to hate speedsters!"

In a matter of seconds, faster than I can even anticipate, the group of six turns into a group of twelve. Then a group of eighteen. Time to stop indulging him, he needs to be put down. Hard.

"The feeling's mutual. I'm not too fond of crazy homicidal duplicants spawned from your proto-typical mad scientist, either."

As several of them begin to leap at me, I finally race into motion. My arms outstretch and I collide into two at once, bringing them forward and launching them at another two at superhuman velocity. Upon impact, they're gone, split into themselves and dissolved into thin-air. Apparently another weakness is that "Riot" is unstable, the more that he creates of himself. That's four.

Fourteen to go.

"Oh, but Flash, I think you'd like us if you just gave us a chance!"

Before I can even think to run, three jump me at once and I'm attacked by another two. Still remember a time when I couldn't be touched at all, and now I'm being attacked by a second rate enemy of Clark's. I'd halfway be embarrassed if I wasn't being punched in the gut by four fists at once. Before I know it, another six are on me, with a few more waiting just beyond. I could vibrate my way out of this, but I don't have any idea what I'm doing once I get free. He'll just create more of himself to take me down.

Hope Superman's having better luck than this.

Last edited by Batman; 11-15-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #83
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

The Joker reaches his hideout almost walking on air.

It's amazing what a night out on the town can do to lift one's spirits. So much fun...

He cuts on the news and sees Summer Gleason covering the GSU explosion and then she says the phrase that makes The Joker cackle, "The Police are not commenting on the unconfirmed reports that the explosion at A-J's Lounge and the one here is the work of The Joker!"

He yells, "YES!!!! HA HA HA HA! Oh that's right Gotham your Uncle Joker is back!"

The Joker begins flipping through the channels and sees his handiwork is the lead story on every broadcast. He also sees that many internet stories are about him as well.

Oh I'm on a role why stop now! Besides I read about the San Diego situation. Batsy is out of town obviously which means a lot of playtime while I'm home alone!

He sees a story in the newspaper about a Mummy Exhibit at the Gotham Natural History.

Oh that one might be interesting! Besides as the old saying goes 3rd time is a charm and this one should be loads of fun from start to finish!

The Joker leaves his hideout and begins making his way to the Museum.

John 3:16
MST3K 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #84
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Batman had been busy. He'd had to extinguish the blaze left when someone let out a gaseous emission that burst into flames, and he'd just subdued a panicking woman whose screams were louder than an airplane engine. But as the sun began to set in San Diego, he was able to take a quiet moment to follow up on news feeds from Gotham, hoping to find out what he'd been missing.

A massacre at A-J's Lounge.

An explosion at the GSU Theater.

Bodies at the scene showing traces of death by Joker Venom.

He's back. Of course he is. He always comes back.

Instantly, the urge to drop everything and rush back to Gotham threatened to overcome Batman. The Joker was his responsibility. And so was every innocent who died as a result of his madness. But there were innocents here in San Diego too. He couldn't leave. Not yet.

Using his communicator, Batman called the man he trusted perhaps more than anyone. If he couldn't be there to chase down The Joker himself, this was the next best thing.

"Nightwing. Any progress on your investigation?"

Old 11-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #85
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowrestler View Post

Looks like it is time to even up the odds a little. John shoots a green net at the giant Metallo. It wraps around him and then shocks the robot. Metallo then breaks free and swings one of his arms at Stewart hitting him. The swing made him fly several feet back into a building.

"OK, next time I won't be so gentle on you once I am able to see more then one copy of you."
"Thanks for the help, John," I grunt and rub the part of my chest Metallo struck. It still stings. John recovers and flies towards me.

"I can feel my strength starting to go," I say as I take to the air and fly beside John.

"I take his legs out, you go for that Kryptonite heart. This will probably be my only shot at him, so let's make it count."

Old 11-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #86
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.

Quote:

Using his communicator, Batman called the man he trusted perhaps more than anyone. If he couldn't be there to chase down The Joker himself, this was the next best thing.

I had been staring at Babs, and I didn't realize it until Bruce's voice rings in my ear and my heart almost jumped out of my chest.

"Bruce!" I repy, turning from Barbara and moving away from the computer.

"Uh, yeah. I went to see the lone survivor. He was completely shell-shocked, kept repeating a nursery rhyme. Lives in shadow, hides in dark. Simon, Simon, Simon Dark." I lean against a jagged wall of the Cave, letting my hand slide across its rough surface. "All I know is, this Simon Dark was some avenging spirit legend back in the 1800s. Otherwise, the Computer came up empty and I'm.....well," I make a fist and lightly tap the wall. "I'm hittin' a wall, here."

"How's sunny San Diego treatin' ya?"

SenseiofCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #87
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseiofCheese View Post
I had been staring at Babs, and I didn't realize it until Bruce's voice rings in my ear and my heart almost jumped out of my chest.

"Uh, yeah. I went to see the lone survivor. He was completely shell-shocked, kept repeating a nursery rhyme. Lives in shadow, hides in dark. Simon, Simon, Simon Dark." I lean against a jagged wall of the Cave, letting my hand slide across its rough surface. "All I know is, this Simon Dark was some avenging spirit legend back in the 1800s. Otherwise, the Computer came up empty and I'm.....well," I make a fist and lightly tap the wall. "I'm hittin' a wall, here."

"The city is overrun by metahumans. All any of us can do right now is clean up their mess. We won't be able to make any real difference until we can pinpoint the cause of all this."

Batman turned his attention to Nightwing's query. He knew of the Simon Dark legend, but he wasn't an expert. Thankfully, he knew someone who was...

"If you want to know more about Simon Dark, the person you need to talk to is Professor William Pryzbylewski. He's a lecturer at Gotham State University, and one of the world's pre-eminent authorities on Gotham's cultural history and folklore. I spoke to him back when I was investigating the Court of Owls, so I know he's likely to be cooperative. He works late on weekdays: you'll likely find him in his office on campus."

He didn't like bringing up the Court of Owls, especially to Dick. That case had been trying for both of them. And he didn't want to have to bring up this next request. Dick had grown into a great man, a great hero, Bruce's equal, if not his better. He had proven to be more than worthy of carrying the Batman mantle when Bruce was... away. But despite all that, at times Bruce found himself thinking of Dick as that wide-eyed little boy he'd taken in as his ward, and his natural instinct was to protect him, shield him from the true ugliness of Gotham. But Nightwing had already seen enough ugliness to last a life-time.

"There's something else. I've been following the news in Gotham from here in San Diego, and it seems like The Joker is on the loose. He's been attacking public events - fist a music show, then a theatre production. Looking at major events lined up for the next two days, there's a modern art exhibit at the Irving Gallery, a tropical plant show at Gotham Botanical Gardens, and an ancient Egypt exhibit at the Gotham Museum of Natural History that could all be possible targets. It's impossible to predict The Joker's behaviour, but you need to be on the alert, cover as much ground as you can, see if you can smoke him out..."

Batman let out a sigh. He knew it should be him doing this hunting, that he shouldn't be passing the burden.

"I'm sorry. I know you have investigations of your own, and that it won't be easy for you to get around with the GCPD still having a high-priority APB out on your head. But Red Robin is outside of Gotham on Teen Titans business, Robin is being confined to Wayne Manor unless I'm there to go out on patrol with him, and Batgirl just isn't ready to face The Joker. Not yet. So, if you can, I need you to handle this for me."

Old 11-16-2011, 01:10 AM   #88
Supergirl
The Maid of Might

Quote:
She never ceases to amaze.

"Let's see..." I lean in over Babs and my eyes scan over the information she pulled up. This close I can smell her hair, and for a moment I just take it in, staring at the monitor without remembering what I'm looking at.

"Simon Dark is a Gotham legend dating back to the 1800s." I recite off the screen. "Said to consist of the souls of murdered children, Simon Dark was often used to frighten troubled children on to the straight and narrow. Described as a slim, black-haired figure with a pale, emotionless face, Simon Dark was called forth to mete out a grim justice to those he deemed 'bad'."

I straighten up and put my hands on my hip. "So, a 200 year-old fairy tale monster." I sigh. "Fantastic."

It makes sense that I couldn't remember the nursery rhyme completely. From what I can see the legend of Simon Dark was exclusive to Gotham, and my childhood ended pretty abruptly once I settled down here.

"Looks like the nursery rhyme and the basic history of the myth is all the Computer can dig up. You wouldn't happen to know anyone versed in the myths and legends of Gotham City, would ya?" I ask, a sheepishly hopeful smile on my face.
Quote:
Batman had been busy. He'd had to extinguish the blaze left when someone let out a gaseous emission that burst into flames, and he'd just subdued a panicking woman whose screams were louder than an airplane engine. But as the sun began to set in San Diego, he was able to take a quiet moment to follow up on news feeds from Gotham, hoping to find out what he'd been missing.

A massacre at A-J's Lounge.

An explosion at the GSU Theater.

Bodies at the scene showing traces of death by Joker Venom.

He's back. Of course he is. He always comes back.

Instantly, the urge to drop everything and rush back to Gotham threatened to overcome Batman. The Joker was his responsibility. And so was every innocent who died as a result of his madness. But there were innocents here in San Diego too. He couldn't leave. Not yet.

Quote:

Quote:
"The city is overrun by metahumans. All any of us can do right now is clean up their mess. We won't be able to make any real difference until we can pinpoint the cause of all this."

"If you want to know more about Simon Dark, the person you need to talk to is Professor William Pryzbylewski. He's a lecturer at Gotham State University, and one of the world's pre-eminent authorities on Gotham's cultural history and folklore. I spoke to him back when I was investigating the Court of Owls, so I know he's likely to be cooperative. He works late on weekdays: you'll likely find him in his office on campus."

"There's something else. I've been following the news in Gotham from here in San Diego, and it seems like The Joker"
My spine tingles and goose bumps surface on my arms and legs as I hear Bruce mention the Joker. At the mere mention of his name my mind blanks. I lose the conversation as I'm flooded with memories.

The gunshot that nearly ended my career. But not only that. The things he did to me after that. Inside my head I can still see the camera flash. I can still feel his cold white hands as they viciously rip the clothes from my body. I do my best to forget anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
"Batgirl just isn't ready to face The Joker. Not yet. So, if you can, I need you to handle this for me."

He's right. Gorrammit. He's right. But I can't let him or Dick know that. I have to be stronger than this. I have to be strong enough to do this.

"Still Bruce. I'm here to help, and I'm not letting Dick face that monster alone."

...Are you gonna get it up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bruce
I'll try.
Supergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #89
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

The Joker maneuvers to the back of the Museum and through the loading docks.

Once inside the Museum he gets into the Human Resources office and sees who is working in the Security Center for the evening.

The Joker carefully sneaks to the door of the Security Center and knocks on the door.

He says, in a high-pitched voice, "Candy-Gram for Eddie Wilbert!"

The door opens and in one smooth motion The Joker slashes his throat with a razor card twice.

He pulls the body in quick and puts a bag over the head and seals it.

The Joker says, "Can't have any blood leaking out. It is such a mess for the cleaning staff. They really don't know how to deal with it, and you deserve to die for falling for that one! Didn't you ever watch 'Saturday Night Live' growing up?"

He shakes his head and begins watching the monitors.

The Joker looks at Eddie and says, "I see dead people."

He waits for a reaction that will never come, and The Joker says, "Oh you're right I used that one already this evening I need a new one. Hummmm."

The Joker smiles and begins dancing around as he sings "Walk like a Egyptian!"

Once he is finished he says, "Now how to deal with the crowd. Don't wanna blow another place up the property values in this part of town would plummet. What do you think Edward?"

He looks at Edward again and says, "Oh a stellar idea! Lock the place down and then just improv the whole thing!"

The Joker then checks his coat and says, "Of course sooner or later one of them or all of them will show up, but this time old Uncle Joker has a few surprises for then too. Can't wait to try out the new material on them!"

The Joker activates the Lock-Down System and the phone rings within seconds!

The Joker looks at the phone and then at Eddie and says, "Oh don't worry I'll get that."

The Joker answers the phone, "Whoooooo isssss itttt???"

The Voice on the other end says, "This is Gotham City 911 dispatch what's the nature of the emergency for the Lock-Down?"

The Joker replies, "Emergency? Oh yeah oh don't worry we're gettin' ready to PARTYYYYYYYYYY! HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!"

The voice on the other end says quietly with great fear, "Oh no."

The Joker says, "That's right! The Joker is throwing a good one! COME ON DOWN HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!"

The Joker hangs up the phone and bolts out of the room.

Better get to work now! Company will be here any minute and oh I would hate to not have something ready for them!

The Joker jumps into the center of the lobby and yells, "SURPRISE!" He quickly then begins frightening some of the people but not killing them. All the while planting traps throughout.

The Joker says, "Don't worry folks you all serve a much more useful purpose. BAIT! For certain masked cretins that I plan having fun with! But I promise I'll kill ya later!"

He then disappears further into the Museum laughing all the way.

Last edited by MST3K 4ever; 11-16-2011 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Typos/plot re-finement
Old 11-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #90
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.

OOC: Double post

Last edited by SenseiofCheese; 11-16-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #91
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.

Quote:

"There's something else. I've been following the news in Gotham from here in San Diego, and it seems like The Joker is on the loose. He's been attacking public events - fist a music show, then a theatre production. Looking at major events lined up for the next two days, there's a modern art exhibit at the Irving Gallery, a tropical plant show at Gotham Botanical Gardens, and an ancient Egypt exhibit at the Gotham Museum of Natural History that could all be possible targets. It's impossible to predict The Joker's behaviour, but you need to be on the alert, cover as much ground as you can, see if you can smoke him out..."

Batman let out a sigh. He knew it should be him doing this hunting, that he shouldn't be passing the burden.

"I'm sorry. I know you have investigations of your own, and that it won't be easy for you to get around with the GCPD still having a high-priority APB out on your head. But Red Robin is outside of Gotham on Teen Titans business, Robin is being confined to Wayne Manor unless I'm there to go out on patrol with him, and Batgirl just isn't ready to face The Joker. Not yet. So, if you can, I need you to handle this for me."
NIGHTWING

The Joker.

I've fought countless supervillains, killer robots, aliens. Any one of those fights I delve into, headfirst, all quips and taunts. But not with him.

The very mention of his name and, for a split second, I revert back to 10 year old Dick Grayson, who knew no scarier boogieman.

"Okay, it's okay." I assure Bruce. "There hasn't been another Simon Dark-incident in two days, it can wait. The Joker is high priority, I know that."

As if on cue, the entire Cave is bathed in a deep, dark red. The monitor of the Computer goes into alarm mode, information being pulled up faster than any human mind could compile it. The Computer automatically taps into police scanner frequencies, and a static picture of the Gotham City Museum of Natural History is pulled up, as well as the schematics. And beside them, a picture of his white, grinning face.

"He's at the Museum. I'm on my way."

"And Bruce? I won't let you down."

---

Gotham City Museum of Natural History

A tense ride through Gotham and I arrive at the Museum. There is a veritable army of police cars outside, but it seems the media hasn't gotten here yet. It's only a matter of minutes. And the Joker loves a crowd.

I make my way to the roof of the Museum. The Joker had put the entire building in Lock Down, but the Museum is one of many buildings and institutions in Gotham that buy their security measures from WayneTech.

Once I'm inside, I quietly make my way down the hall. Noticing a pool of blood by the Security Center, I enter. I curse under my breath when I spot the body. Middle-aged man, throat cut, a razor-playing card on the ground beside him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST3K 4ever View Post
Quote:

The Joker jumps into the center of the lobby and yells, "SURPRISE!" He quickly then begins frightening some of the people but not killing them. All the while planting traps throughout.

The Joker says, "Don't worry folks you all serve a much more useful purpose. BAIT! For certain masked cretins that I plan having fun with! But I promise I'll kill ya later!"

He then disappears further into the Museum laughing all the way.

His voice feels like a snake coiling around your very soul. I quickly move down the hall, towards the lobby, keeping an eye out for any traps he's set. I slowly turn the corner into the lobby.

"It's Nightwing!" one of the fear-stricken guests shouts out.

"Be quiet." I press a finger against my lips. "Where did he go?"

A few of them point in the direction of another hallway, and I can make out the faint sound of the Joker's laughter. "Everyone stay here, and don't make a sound."

With that, I go after the Joker.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #92
sumowrestler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
"Thanks for the help, John," I grunt and rub the part of my chest Metallo struck. It still stings. John recovers and flies towards me.

"I can feel my strength starting to go," I say as I take to the air and fly beside John.

"I take his legs out, you go for that Kryptonite heart. This will probably be my only shot at him, so let's make it count."

John nods at Superman as they fly at the giant robot.

"Time to make this thing bleed black and green. After we are done with you, Corbin, most of your body will probably find itself in a recycle center leaving just enough for you to survive."

John creates a large metalic hand that reaches straight for the robot's chest. As it reaches the chest, John sees the hands coming together at him as if he was a nat needing to be squished. He knew that he had to wait and hope that he would be able to remove the power source before the hands came together. The other thing is that Superman's charge at the legs would buy the few seconds that John would need. Everything happen so fast that John wasn't sure what happen when. The green hand reached into the center and grabbed the kryptonite chamber and John tried to yank it out. He saw the two giant hands mere inches from him knowing that if they touched, he would be severally injured if not dead. Then there was Superman's attack at the legs. In a matter of seconds, John realized he was still alive and floating in the air with a metal container in the green hand and Metallo laying on his back with a dust cloud coming up from the crash. After shaking his head a couple times to make sure he wasn't dreaming and allow the dust to settle, he then took object he captured and brought it closer to him. Once it was a few yards away from him and a good distance from Superman, he had the hand throw the container up in the air and then formed a baseball bat. The bat hit the kryptonite container out into space towards the sun.

"Baseball is more of Guy's style but I did watch a few games before my GL days. Hopefully that thing does find its way into the sun. If nothing else, it will float in space or crash land on Venus or Mercury or another planet away from us."

sumowrestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #93
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Quote:
NIGHTWING

The Joker.

I've fought countless supervillains, killer robots, aliens. Any one of those fights I delve into, headfirst, all quips and taunts. But not with him.

The very mention of his name and, for a split second, I revert back to 10 year old Dick Grayson, who knew no scarier boogieman.

"Okay, it's okay." I assure Bruce. "There hasn't been another Simon Dark-incident in two days, it can wait. The Joker is high priority, I know that."

As if on cue, the entire Cave is bathed in a deep, dark red. The monitor of the Computer goes into alarm mode, information being pulled up faster than any human mind could compile it. The Computer automatically taps into police scanner frequencies, and a static picture of the Gotham City Museum of Natural History is pulled up, as well as the schematics. And beside them, a picture of his white, grinning face.

---

Gotham City Museum of Natural History

A tense ride through Gotham and I arrive at the Museum. There is a veritable army of police cars outside, but it seems the media hasn't gotten here yet. It's only a matter of minutes. And the Joker loves a crowd.

I make my way to the roof of the Museum. The Joker had put the entire building in Lock Down, but the Museum is one of many buildings and institutions in Gotham that buy their security measures from WayneTech.

Once I'm inside, I quietly make my way down the hall. Noticing a pool of blood by the Security Center, I enter. I curse under my breath when I spot the body. Middle-aged man, throat cut, a razor-playing card on the ground beside him.

His voice feels like a snake coiling around your very soul. I quickly move down the hall, towards the lobby, keeping an eye out for any traps he's set. I slowly turn the corner into the lobby.

"It's Nightwing!" one of the fear-stricken guests shouts out.

"Be quiet." I press a finger against my lips. "Where did he go?"

A few of them point in the direction of another hallway, and I can make out the faint sound of the Joker's laughter. "Everyone stay here, and don't make a sound."

With that, I go after the Joker.

The Joker playful skips along as he hears the guest shout about Nightwing's arrival.

Oh really! Well well time to have some real fun!

The Joker stops and shouts, "Oh Nightwing you finally arrived! No clue how you got in, but no matter! Time for some fun! HA HA HA HA HA!"

The Joker gets out 2 razor cards and peeks back around the corner.

He shouts, "Care for a game of cards? Come on and follow my voice we'll play a game of one! As in one card will send you on your way to that big ol' batcave in the sky! HA HA HA HA! Come on Nightwing it's been a while since I killed a costumed freak! And I'll bet your death would send Batsy over the edge. Not that he really wouldn't need any more with that! HA HA HA HA HA HA!"

Last edited by MST3K 4ever; 11-17-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:29 PM   #94
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Quote:
[CENTER]NIGHTWING

The Joker.

"Just be careful. Don't underestimate him. Never forget who he is."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergirl
He's right. Gorrammit. He's right. But I can't let him or Dick know that. I have to be stronger than this. I have to be strong enough to do this.

"Still Bruce. I'm here to help, and I'm not letting Dick face that monster alone."
Batman liked to think he was always 3 steps ahead of everyone. It wasn't easy to surprise him. But he did not expect to hear Barbara's voice in this conversation, and unusually him, he was thrown off-guard.

"Uh... Batgirl, I... didn't know you were with Nightwing..."

Even when surprised, Batman knew to keep his wits enough to refer to his proteges by their codenames. You never know who's listening.

"No. I'm sorry you had to hear me say that, but I'll stand by it. You're strong, I don't doubt that, but you need more time..."

Last edited by Keyser Soze; 11-17-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #95
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.

Quote:

He shouts, "Care for a game of cards? Come on and follow my voice we'll play a game of one! As in one card will send you on your way to that big ol' batcave in the sky! HA HA HA HA! Come on Nightwing it's been a while since I killed a costumed freak! And I'll bet your death would send Batsy over the edge. Not that he really wouldn't need any more with that! HA HA HA HA HA HA!"
NIGHTWING

His cackling travels down the hall. The Joker has always had the eerie ability to make you doubt every step you take. Each laugh sounds like he's all around you at once, and you prepare for each step you take to be your last.

I don't answer him. Bruce has long taught me that's what he wants. For people to respond, to stare in awe, fear, horror. He wants to make me angry, so furious I'll rush at him with everything I've got. That's when you slide on the banana peel and fall into a pit of sharks.

"You're going back to Arkham, Joker." I growl, and for a moment I feel like I'm back wearing the cape and cowl.

Then I hear it, before I see it. Something slicing the air on its way towards me. I barely manage to move to the side, throwing my body up against the wall as the razor playing card cuts my shoulder.

"Aghh." I wince in pain, and he hears. He starts laughing again, and I hear him hopping further away.

A part of me wants to take every precaution. The Nightwing part. Dick Grayson just wants to knock that monster's teeth out, have him in a cell before Babs has to deal with him.

Sliding a Batarang into my hand, I ready my arm for the throw and go after Joker.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #96
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Quote:
NIGHTWING

His cackling travels down the hall. The Joker has always had the eerie ability to make you doubt every step you take. Each laugh sounds like he's all around you at once, and you prepare for each step you take to be your last.

I don't answer him. Bruce has long taught me that's what he wants. For people to respond, to stare in awe, fear, horror. He wants to make me angry, so furious I'll rush at him with everything I've got. That's when you slide on the banana peel and fall into a pit of sharks.

"You're going back to Arkham, Joker." I growl, and for a moment I feel like I'm back wearing the cape and cowl.

Then I hear it, before I see it. Something slicing the air on its way towards me. I barely manage to move to the side, throwing my body up against the wall as the razor playing card cuts my shoulder.

"Aghh." I wince in pain, and he hears. He starts laughing again, and I hear him hopping further away.

A part of me wants to take every precaution. The Nightwing part. Dick Grayson just wants to knock that monster's teeth out, have him in a cell before Babs has to deal with him.

Sliding a Batarang into my hand, I ready my arm for the throw and go after Joker.

The Joker says, "Arkham? Are you insane? Pasta Week won't be back around for another month. Besides I hear Batchick is also back in action. Gotta see if she's still able to fill out the costume really nicely you know? HA HA HA HA!"

When The Joker stops laughing he stops skipping along and says, "Okay let's get it over with time to send Batsy over the edge with grief!"

He steps out from around the corner and sees Nightwing is coming at him like a man with a purpose and armed. The Joker then realizes he doesn't have enough time to get another weapon out.

The Joker says, "This might not bode well for my MENSA membership."

Old 11-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #97
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.

Quote:

He steps out from around the corner and sees Nightwing is coming at him like a man with a purpose and armed. The Joker then realizes he doesn't have enough time to get another weapon out.

The Joker says, "This might not bode well for my MENSA membership."
NIGHTWING

I see him step out from around the corner and my entire body tenses up. My eyes immediately look for any place he could be hiding a weapon, while I try to push his comment about Barbara to the back of my mind.

"Watch the birdie." I growl, flinging the batarang at him.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #98
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Quote:
NIGHTWING

I see him step out from around the corner and my entire body tenses up. My eyes immediately look for any place he could be hiding a weapon, while I try to push his comment about Barbara to the back of my mind.

"Watch the birdie." I growl, flinging the batarang at him.

The Joker feels the Batarang rip across his shoulder and tear his jacket. More alarming to him though is that he sees blood slowly seeping out of his shirt. Not enough to cause him to bleed out but enough to anger him.

The Joker yells, "BOO! HISS! Nightwing! BOO! HISS! No witty banter or smirks just a Batarang and a one liner! BOO HISS I SAY! Not to mention you're getting the bill for the jacket!"

The Joker then reaches in his pocket and flings a coin in the air. He says, "I hope Harvey doesn't think I'm stealing his shtick!"

The Joker turns away as the coin explodes in a blinding light and he yells, "Peek a boo!"

Old 11-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #99
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.

Quote:

The Joker then reaches in his pocket and flings a coin in the air. He says, "I hope Harvey doesn't think I'm stealing his shtick!"

The Joker turns away as the coin explodes in a blinding light and he yells, "Peek a boo!"
NIGHTWING

Even with all the years of training, even with everything Bruce taught me, I still let him get to me. What he said about Barbara, I let it push me into not thinking. It's exactly what The Joker does.

I don't even realize what he has in his hand, before the coin goes off and I'm blinded. My heart immediately starts racing as I instinctively catch myself from falling to my knees, and enter a fighting stance.

I listen for any signs of approach, but there's nothing. Sometimes I can hardly believe the Joker isn't metahuman. I could detect one of Ra's' ninjas from a mile away, but the Joker? I'm caught completely off-guard as something sharp slides into my side.

I scream out, fall to one knee, and clutch my side with one hand. With the other, I lash out and my fist connects with something that breaks, followed by a painful shout.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #100
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowrestler View Post

"Baseball is more of Guy's style but I did watch a few games before my GL days. Hopefully that thing does find its way into the sun. If nothing else, it will float in space or crash land on Venus or Mercury or another planet away from us."
"Thanks for that," I say with a nod at the Green Lantern. I can already feel my strength beginning to return.

I turn away from John and activate my communicator.

"Superman to Batman, have you found out exactly what's causing all this mess yet?"