The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

View Poll Results: Should we start the One Universe game?
HELLZ YEA! 15 100.00%
No, go to hell! 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application



Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: Carnage27

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: My MSN link is underneath my avatar like everyone else’s

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: Byrd will act as my AGM, and I will be the GM.

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: It'll be like the "traditional" RPGs we have on the Hype like UDC and World’s Finest.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer).

Quote:
This is a universe of good and evil. Since the beginning of time these two forces have raged against each other in a never ending struggle for supremacy. Across the galaxy wars have been fought to gain the upper hand, tearing apart the world of Urgrund into the worlds of New Genesis and Apokolips a millennia ago, creating a rift between the New Gods.

The Guardians of the Universe, believing it was their job to protect peace in the cosmos created the Green Lantern Corps to use willpower to drive back the darkness.

But evil and violence cannot always be repelled. The Skrull-Thanagar War threatened to engulf the galaxy, taking the entire power of the Corps to hold back the tide. The conflict continued until the world-eater Galactus devoured key planets on each side, destabilizing both combatant’s forces, and decimating the Corps.

Eventually, the planet Krypton was destroyed, but one known survivor was sent towards a small blue planet orbiting the sun designated Sol. Earth. A planet inhabited by the dominant race of homo-sapien. A primitive race compared to some, but with the capacity for greatness.

Even then, this world was not safe from similar conflicts that plagued the stars, the greatest of which came in the middle of humanity’s 20th recorded century. Adolf Hitler and his Nazi regime threatened to blanket the world powered on by the Spear of Destiny and the HYDRA deep science division.

But the tide was turned by human ingenuity and bravery. A scrawny kid from Brooklyn is transformed into Captain America, and he leads a group of heroes into the fray of World War II which includes the likes of The Flash, Wildcat, Union Jack, Doctor Fate, and Green Lantern. They were known as The Invaders, and they almost single-handedly turned the tide of the war.

But at the tail end of the war, Cap was lost on a mission to destroy one of HYDRA’s secret facilities, and in a response to losing their secret weapon, President Harry Truman dropped 2 atomic bombs on Japan, bringing the war to a close. The majority of The Invaders returned home to America, forming the Justice Society with other costume adventurers. They spent the next two decades stopping crime across the country, until they felt they were no longer needed, and nothing more than old men attempting to relive past glories.

Around this same time, the human race enters its next stage of evolution in earnest, creating mutants all over the globe. This new development, and humanity’s response, will lead two men to create a safe haven for the new sub-species, and will eventually drive them to polar opposite sides.

As time went on, Earth continued to change. Kal-El, Krypton’s last son, arrives on the planet and is found and adopted by Jonathon and Martha Kent in Smallville, Kansas. In Gotham, the Wayne family walks down a darkened alley, and Bruce Wayne is the only one to leave it alive, his parents gunned down. In a garage in California, Tony Stark tinkers with one of his father’s cars, testing his mechanical genius. Hal Jordan dreams of flying planes as he watches the night sky.

Two decades later, the time is now. Earth has become a world filled with cynicism and fear, and the universe is as dangerous as ever. The time is ripe for new heroes to rise and lead a desperate populace. In Metropolis, Superman soars in the sky, protecting all those that need it. On the planet Asgard, a prideful god is banished to Midgard. A teenager swings through the skyscrapers of New York in red and blue, the people calling him “Spider-man”. In Gotham, the Batman wages a war against organized crime and corruption. A war that threatens to drive the city even deeper down the rabbit hole. A group of young mutants trained by Charles Xavier begins to protect humanity from the threat of the Brotherhood. In Keystone City, a new scarlet speedster stops crime with blinding speed. And a woman from a forgotten land arrives in the World of Men.

This is the time of The One Universe RPG.
Basically, it will be a universe where DC and Marvel characters can interact, fight together, and against each other. The way I see it, Batman has been active for a year to a year and a half trying to clean up Gotham, but to the general public he’s nothing more than an urban legend. Heroes like Flash, Spider-man, and Superman are newer to the scene, active for a year down to a few months.

I don’t want to handcuff everyone for their first arcs, but I think it’d be good for at least some of the heroes to already be active and out in the world, as Byrd and I discussed in the Concept Thread.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): The return of a game I considered a staple of the boards, and the ability for players to intertwine the two juggernauts of the comics world.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: Worlds Collide: The Marvel and DC RPG or Heroes United: The Marvel and DC RPG

Example Of Characters Application:

Character you would like to play:

Powers:

Brief history of the character:

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character:

What can you bring to this game?:

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech:

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contains at least 1 line of dialogue):

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?:

**********

This is to reaffirm everyone's interest before moving ahead. So make sure you vote. And also, post with which name you prefer. Byrd and I talked about names, he came up with one and one popped into my head as I was writing this thread.

Choices are:

1) Worlds Collide

or

2) Heroes United

or classic:

3) One Universe

__________________


Last edited by Carnage27; 11-04-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,048
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

I'm interested. But I don't like either name. I'll try to think of some.


Honestly, I think One Universe was a perfect name

wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #3
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
I'm interested. But I don't like either name. I'll try to think of some.


Honestly, I think One Universe was a perfect name
I mean I'm completely cool with keep One Universe. I'll add it to the list.

But that's it. No more names.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #4
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Sanctum Solarium
Posts: 19,229
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
"Needless to say, no one could ever replace Heath Ledger as the Joker," Nolan added, "but I have to say that Rob Schneider stepped up like a pro."
Batman is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,048
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG
I likey

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-04-2011, 10:34 PM   #6
IKB
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 71
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

I may very well be up for this.

IKB is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 10:40 PM   #7
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Vote in the poll dangnabbit!

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #8
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,048
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Didn't see a poll on my phone.


But, I think we should wait at least a couple of weeks before starting this. Give people a chance to build up their WF stories and see if they feel they'll still have time for this one.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #9
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Didn't see a poll on my phone.


But, I think we should wait at least a couple of weeks before starting this. Give people a chance to build up their WF stories and see if they feel they'll still have time for this one.
I agree we would wait to actually start. I wasn't planning on actually starting until around Thanksgiving, possibly after.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #10
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,048
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

ok.

Guess I'll vote yes then

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-05-2011, 12:08 AM   #11
sumowrestler
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 201
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

I'm just a bit curious as to how the teams like Avengers and JLA will be made in this one. Will characters from both universes be able to be apart of them or will they already be formed?

sumowrestler is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 12:13 AM   #12
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowrestler View Post
I'm just a bit curious as to how the teams like Avengers and JLA will be made in this one. Will characters from both universes be able to be apart of them or will they already be formed?
The teams formed over the course of time in the last game. Anyone can basically be on any team. With the characters being relatively new to the hero business I wouldn't expect the teams to form right away.

Also, in the previous OU the JLA was really the only true team. The Avengers were a team put together by Lex Luthor as president.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 12:20 AM   #13
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,048
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

I don't want to bias anyone, but if you want to read the first season (or two) of One Universe, I thought the players did a brilliant job of developing characters and combined histories, and building the teams over time.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-05-2011, 12:30 AM   #14
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
I don't want to bias anyone, but if you want to read the first season (or two) of One Universe, I thought the players did a brilliant job of developing characters and combined histories, and building the teams over time.
Agreed. In a world like this it's really about a slow burn and building to a point where a team makes sense between these characters.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #15
IKB
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 71
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Either One Universe or Worlds Collide would be good, leaning more towards the former.

Looking forward to this though, have some cool ideas.

IKB is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #16
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,474
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

I think "Worlds Collide" The Marvel/DC RPG sounds good.

Though the issue I see with it is it makes it look like the worlds do collide and they end up now on 1 Earth rather than that they always co-existed.

Maybe incorporating the way Marvel and DC label their parallel earths? Marvel's main Earth is Earth-616 and DC is all about "52" in the past few years. So how about "Earth-652" The Marvel/DC RPG? Or something much more clever. That just came to me real fast of using an "Earth-NUMBER" title for it. That hasn't been done for any RPG title before so intrigued me.

__________________
Check out the brand new Off-Panel Podcast!
Listen to the sexy voice of yours truly and some other members of the Superherohype! Forums. The comic-book show where tensions are high and the ink is fresh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #17
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,377
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
With the characters being relatively new to the hero business I wouldn't expect the teams to form right away.

Actually, I wouldn't mind having a superhero team put together before the RPG starts if we go with the option of having it be three years since superheroes started reemerging. Just because of how long it's taken to get a superteam together in the past.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #18
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
Actually, I wouldn't mind having a superhero team put together before the RPG starts if we go with the option of having it be three years since superheroes started reemerging. Just because of how long it's taken to get a superteam together in the past.
Personally, and this is just me, but I think one of the most exciting things for players in this game is letting them do all the heavy lifting on setting up the universe and watching how they get all these different characters together.

But that's just me.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #19
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,474
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Oh, if I do play and play as Blackbolt, I was going to have a pre-established group which would cause the creation of a team. Kinda like a cross between The Illuminati from Marvel and The Quintessence from DC.

__________________
Check out the brand new Off-Panel Podcast!
Listen to the sexy voice of yours truly and some other members of the Superherohype! Forums. The comic-book show where tensions are high and the ink is fresh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #20
IKB
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 71
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Personally, and this is just me, but I think one of the most exciting things for players in this game is letting them do all the heavy lifting on setting up the universe and watching how they get all these different characters together.

But that's just me.
I agree with this.

It might be a bit of a slow burner, but that makes it all the more satisfying when it actually comes to fruition.

IKB is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 11:48 AM   #21
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

I'd go with One Earth, just to differentiate it from the One Universe stuff.

Harlekin is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 12:11 PM   #22
sumowrestler
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 201
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

We could let things grow organically. Apparently in CAH, a superhero team formed that way. The way that the Avengers and JLA are for "swinging door membership", it would play well for this site since members come and go. It would even be possible for us to create a completely new team along with name with mixtures of both sides.

sumowrestler is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #23
Supergirl
Side-Kick
 
Supergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Around
Posts: 9,849
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowrestler View Post
We could let things grow organically. Apparently in CAH, a superhero team formed that way. The way that the Avengers and JLA are for "swinging door membership", it would play well for this site since members come and go. It would even be possible for us to create a completely new team along with name with mixtures of both sides.
That's what happened the last go round. The Avengers had DC characters and the JLA had Marvel characters, the Teen Titans was a hodgepodge as well (IIRC Kitty Pryde, Bobby Drake, Johnny Storm, Peter Parker, Vic Stone, Kara Zor-El, Dick Grayson and Wally West were all members)

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergirl
...Are you gonna get it up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bruce
I'll try.
Supergirl is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #24
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,474
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Question: This time around do people make up origins for characters or is it classic/basic comic origin is required at least? I'm hoping it's the latter.

__________________
Check out the brand new Off-Panel Podcast!
Listen to the sexy voice of yours truly and some other members of the Superherohype! Forums. The comic-book show where tensions are high and the ink is fresh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #25
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,048
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

I liked it when the origins blended universes as well. Like Stick being on of Bruce Wayne's trainers while he was touring the world.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.