The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

View Poll Results: Should we start the One Universe game?
HELLZ YEA! 15 100.00%
No, go to hell! 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #51
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,032
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyside-kick View Post
Also people starting with the origins makes it harder for new players to come in when the character is later free again. It's easier to say "same origins but the character did 'this this and that' this season". New people won't think/feel like they are playing someone else's Batman, Spider-Man, etc. In UDC and All-Star Marvel it is different because it is expected that things will be different.
The origins for all the important parts will be the same. But I don't think it's fair to tell someone they aren't allowed to add some aspects or characters from the other company into their origins.

After all, there's no canon here to build off of. It's player created. You won't be ultimizing or changing the origins like in UDC or All-Star. But if someone wants to make their origin OU-style, I don't think they should be stopped.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #52
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,032
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

The wiki deal works for me.

I'm just not really excited about dropping into a game in the proverbial "middle". Three years just seems way too long. A year I understand. At that point at least characters could be familiar with each other and teams could be in their fledgling stages.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #53
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,032
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Okay.

After speaking to Byrd we've agreed to have the time period setup as one year after the re-emergence of super heroes and vigilantes after the large gap after the JSA disbanded.

That being said, the majority of the major characters will have been active during this time, and they are aware of each other.

If you want to define your character's origin in a "One Universe" setting, feel free to do it in flashback sequences while also showing what your character is doing in the present.

This is the best overall solution to everyone's problems. It gives the game open the freedom of not being restricted to origins, but is also a world that is still being shaped by the evolving relationships between heroes. It also allows those to tell their origins as they see it in the One Universe.

If you plan on playing a more minor character and have a desire to do a full origin, say so in your app, and Byrd and I will decide how to move forward there.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 09:37 PM   #54
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,280
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

"I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it! LET'S DO IT!"

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 09:40 PM   #55
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,032
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
"I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it! LET'S DO IT!"

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #56
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,280
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Uh-oh...someone exceeded their bandwidth....

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 09:46 PM   #57
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,032
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Uh-oh...someone exceeded their bandwidth....
Damn you, Internet! You win again!

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #58
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,280
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

try using tinypic.com

crap interface. but no bandwidth restrictions.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #59
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,032
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

It was just the gif of Ron Swanson dancing. We've all seen it before.

/Lazy

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #60
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,475
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Well that's a shame. Peace out.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 09:57 PM   #61
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,280
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
It was just the gif of Ron Swanson dancing. We've all seen it before.

/Lazy
I haven't!

Or maybe I have.

meh.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #62
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Here it is, as my old avvy:


__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #63
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,032
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
Here it is, as my old avvy:

Yea, the file I had it in was humongous. I think that's the problem.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-05-2011, 11:31 PM   #64
sumowrestler
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 201
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

So the start will still be post Thanksgiving for this little endeavour? I'm hoping for more then 10 people especially if we get some new people involved. Is there any way to advertise on other parts of this site for this story or do we just hope others decide to wander down here to the "basement"?

sumowrestler is offline  
Old 11-06-2011, 01:02 AM   #65
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,032
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowrestler View Post
So the start will still be post Thanksgiving for this little endeavour? I'm hoping for more then 10 people especially if we get some new people involved. Is there any way to advertise on other parts of this site for this story or do we just hope others decide to wander down here to the "basement"?
We've tried advertising other places. And if we have 10 I'll be pumped. That's better than most of the games we've had recently.

Also, I'm thinkin OOC thread by the 19. Followed by Thanksgiving week, and then start up the IC once the Holiday is over.

__________________


Last edited by Carnage27; 11-06-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 01:04 AM   #66
Blacklight
Revamped and Renegade.
 
Blacklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East City
Posts: 6,787
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Like I said before... App's done.

Blacklight is offline  
Old 11-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #67
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,032
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

^^^I have mine done as well.

/Impatient

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #68
IKB
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 71
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

If anyone intending to apply for Lex Luthor could shoot me over a PM that would be great.

IKB is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #69
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,032
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Okay, as we get closer to me putting up the OOC thread, I want to ask people's opinion on the character limit.

I was planning on keeping it at one for a month or so to ensure people not snatching up multiple big-name characters.

But I'm planning on using the whole 24-hour rule for acceptances, which should negate the possibility of that happening, as I'm sure anyone who is gunning for a big name will have an app up quickly. So I'm considering allowing 2 characters right off the bat.

What do you guys think? Keep it at 1 for a month or so, or go for 2 right away?

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 03:30 PM   #70
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,239
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

One month of a single character limit would at least allow people to stay focused on their one character and slowly build up the new status quo. Character quotas doesn't really affect me because I only intend to apply for one, but I can see the benefit to allowing two after a month, so I say keep the month long wait intact for the sake of just allowing people to get their initial character settled in the universe.

Batman is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #71
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,032
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
One month of a single character limit would at least allow people to stay focused on their one character and slowly build up the new status quo. Character quotas doesn't really affect me because I only intend to apply for one, but I can see the benefit to allowing two after a month, so I say keep the month long wait intact for the sake of just allowing people to get their initial character settled in the universe.
That also crossed my mind, but I wanted to open it up to see what others think.

I only had one character in mind initially, but then I got talking to Byrd and he struck me on a whole new tangent that I want to do now as well, but I didn't have a problem waiting for a month.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #72
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

I'd be find with either one. But to be honest, I would prefer to do two characters. I want to have my cake and eat it too.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #73
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,032
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
I'd be find with either one. But to be honest, I would prefer to do two characters. I want to have my cake and eat it too.
I know what you mean.

Speaking of which, be on MSN tonight. I have a few story ideas to run by you later.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #74
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,239
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

If we would be allowed two characters, there is another one I was contemplating...

Batman is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #75
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,032
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
If we would be allowed two characters, there is another one I was contemplating...
Yes. Give in to your temptation.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.