The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

View Poll Results: Should we start the One Universe game?
HELLZ YEA! 15 100.00%
No, go to hell! 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #76
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,055
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

I would say limit it to one to force people to build at least one story. Then only open it to two when they start *****ing about it and it looks like we're not going to get any more players.


But since they're already *****ing about it...

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #77
SuperFerret
A Decade of Derision
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,322
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

If two characters are allowed, restrict it to one Marvel, one DC.

__________________
Faster than a speeding hamster.
-----More powerful than a box of tissues.
----------Able to leap off of tall buildings and hit the ground.
SuperFerret is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #78
Supergirl
Side-Kick
 
Supergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Around
Posts: 9,849
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
If two characters are allowed, restrict it to one Marvel, one DC.
That's brilliant!

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergirl
...Are you gonna get it up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bruce
I'll try.
Supergirl is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #79
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,055
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

I liked that policy when we used it for three characters

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 09:31 PM   #80
SuperFerret
A Decade of Derision
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,322
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Who would the third one be? Is wieg hinting that he wants to play as DarkClaw?

__________________
Faster than a speeding hamster.
-----More powerful than a box of tissues.
----------Able to leap off of tall buildings and hit the ground.
SuperFerret is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #81
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergirl View Post
That's brilliant!
But...but...out plans!

All our beautiful plans!

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 10:17 PM   #82
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,055
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
Who would the third one be? Is wieg hinting that he wants to play as DarkClaw?
Been there, done that.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:



__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #83
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Tony has pretty crappy willpower, though.

Unless in this universe willpower = alcoholism.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 10:22 PM   #84
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!
 
Andy C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Basement
Posts: 3,520
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Dammit. Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit. I didn't want to get into another game. I didn't want to have to devote more time and effort to playing another character. I really didn't.

But wieg and BL got the bug in my ear, and now I can't stop thinking about it.

Andy C. is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #85
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,055
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Tony has pretty crappy willpower, though.

Unless in this universe willpower = alcoholism.
This is sober Tony.



...he shall rule the universe.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #86
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Welcome aboard, Andy. It's great to have another veteran join up.

Looks like we're going to have a good group here everyone.

And honestly, right now, I'm scheming and talking to 4 other players on story ideas, and I just can't help myself.

I'm going with 2 characters off the bat. I'm weak, I know. But I don't think I've ever been this into two story arcs before, and I can't pass the opportunity up.

With that being said, I'm contemplating implementing a punishment for picking up and dropping characters left and right. It happens too much, and I'm not going to tolerate it here.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #87
Supergirl
Side-Kick
 
Supergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Around
Posts: 9,849
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

But what would the punishment be? I suggest murder of their first born

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergirl
...Are you gonna get it up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bruce
I'll try.
Supergirl is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #88
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,377
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergirl View Post
But what would the punishment be? I suggest murder of their first born
Why do you think I'm an AGM?

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #89
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,055
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

I think we let Keyser handle the punishment.


The thought of that should keep people in line.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #90
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergirl View Post
But what would the punishment be? I suggest murder of their first born
I'll brainstorm on that.

But realistically, you shouldn't be picking up a character you don't have a story for.

I know a lot of the veterans know, but just for the new folk that seem to be interested, don't pick up a character unless you know where you're going to take them.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 10:33 PM   #91
SuperFerret
A Decade of Derision
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,322
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

I've been talking to Byrd about X-Men ideas.

__________________
Faster than a speeding hamster.
-----More powerful than a box of tissues.
----------Able to leap off of tall buildings and hit the ground.
SuperFerret is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 10:34 PM   #92
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,055
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Put that into the application.

Do you have a story in mind for the character:

If they lie, then we know that can't be trusted. If they're honest and don't then we might be able to work with them, or tell them to think of picking up someone else.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 10:35 PM   #93
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

^^^I like it wieg. I'll do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
I've been talking to Byrd about X-Men ideas.
I know.

There are 5 of us tossing X-Men ideas back and forth.

SF, add me on MSN if you don't mind. I'm headed to bed now, but I'd love to talk to you about your ideas, because your character choice is incredible for the X-Men.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #94
Franklin Richards
Banned User
 
Franklin Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Baxter Building
Posts: 23,030
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Could I choose a classic Marvel character to receive Abin Sur's power ring instead of Hal Jordan? I would meld their origins as perfectly as possible.



Franklin Richards is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #95
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,377
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Richards View Post
Could I choose a classic Marvel character to receive Abin Sur's power ring instead of Hal Jordan? I would meld their origins as perfectly as possible.


I don't know if I'd be comfortable with someone taking Hal's place, but I would be okay with a Marvel character getting the ring meant for John or Guy for a short time. I did that with Daredevil in season III or IV, I think.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #96
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 3,979
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Richards View Post
Could I choose a classic Marvel character to receive Abin Sur's power ring instead of Hal Jordan? I would meld their origins as perfectly as possible.


Personally I'd rather not see that happen.

I really don't have a problem with a Marvel character becoming a Green Lantern (Daredevil became one in season 4 of the last game), but actually altering things that much rubs me the wrong way.

Send me a PM of your idea and maybe we can work something out though.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 10:43 PM   #97
SuperFerret
A Decade of Derision
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,322
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Ben Grimm: Green Lantern?

__________________
Faster than a speeding hamster.
-----More powerful than a box of tissues.
----------Able to leap off of tall buildings and hit the ground.
SuperFerret is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #98
Franklin Richards
Banned User
 
Franklin Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Baxter Building
Posts: 23,030
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

He's one of my choices.




Franklin Richards is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 11:49 PM   #99
Blacklight
Revamped and Renegade.
 
Blacklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East City
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

So, I had this crazy idea today at work when reflecting upon the last game, and one of the things that bugged me about it was the fact that the timeline wasn't exactly... "right". I mean, we had Wally West and Kyle Rayner as Flash and Green Lantern while Dick Grayson was still freakin' Robin for pete's sake. Spider-Man didn't even get to graduate high school! I mean, I felt like parts of the OU were still in it's infancy while others were growing exponentially and this time around I want to play OU with a more "synchronized" timeline. Also, I want to have the opportunity to play an OU that's a merge between the Marvel and DC Universe as we know them now so we can play the younger characters as adults, Dick and Peter being the prime examples, as well as legacy characters who frankly weren't even CLOSE to being introduced yet, like Tim Drake, Jaime Reyes and the Young Avengers.

Anyways, my idea was that instead of doing simple one month or one week gaps of IC time between seasons, how about we do gaps spanning from 1 to maybe even 2-3 years, so that our characters can actually "grow up" as we play them and characters that didn't appear until recent years can be given the OU treatment?

Blacklight is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 11:56 PM   #100
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,055
Default Re: One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Kyle becoming Gl was sort of organic. But JB pretty much did leave the Corps in a ****** situation.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.