Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Old 11-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #26
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The Ultimate DC RPG - Season III: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C. View Post
Aaaaand since we need a little representation on the villain side of things, here's my third character:

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Vandal Savage

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Villain.

.Powers and physical attributes: Vandal Savage possesses unequaled regenerative properties, allowing him to heal nearly instantly from the most grievous and otherwise-fatal wounds. This same regeneration has permanently halted his aging process allowing him to live for thousands of years. In his millennia walking the Earth, he has become a master tactician and strategist, and a master with virtually every weapon known to man.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it):

Those relative few who know of Vandal Savage know very little of him themselves, though there is no shortage of rumor and myth regarding the man. They say he had the ear of Hitler, Napoleon, Ghengis Khan, Alexander the Great, and any number of kings and conquerors, Popes and Caesars. They say he was responsible for the London fires, the Black Death, the fall of Rome. They say he has gone by such infamous names as Jack the Ripper and Vlad the Impaler, and even the biblical Cain, the first murderer.

Only Savage himself knows just how old he is and how much influence he has had over the course of history.....and that is just the way he likes is. All most mortals need to know is that whenever Vandal Savage appears, doom is likely to follow.

Currently, Savage has aligned himself with Lex Luthor's Society, the only group of mortals powerful and ambitious enough for him to find interesting. While Luthor and his compatriots prepare their plans for world domination, Savage has been given a different task: form a team of super-powered psychopaths and monsters, let them loose on the world, and kill the members of the Justice League.

.The burning question - Why this character?: As much as it's absolutely killing me to not immediately re-apply as Lex, the truth is most of Luthor's master plans require a lot of time lurking behind the scenes, and frankly, I want a little spotlight. Savage and his cronies should be a fun all-up-in-your-business deal for a while.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?:

Well, Savage is going to be a pro-active supervillain, whereas most of the time in the comics he's usually content to sit back and watch the mere mortals duke it out. This is his first real war in ages, and he's going to enjoy it.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?:

A villain that will make the Justice League crap its collective pants.

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

"Escalation is a constant in conflict," said Vandal Savage, casually swirling his brandy as he addressed the individuals aboard his yacht. "One army creates stronger armor, and the other forges blades to pierce it. One side erects heavier fortifications, and the other side engineers weapons to tear them down. From sticks and rocks to smart-bullets and laser satellites, when one side of a conflict raises the stakes, it will always be met by the other side."

Sipping his drink, Savage surveyed his guests.

A bearded man in a flawless three-piece suit looked at him with intrigue, trying to read the immortal man as he subconsciously fiddled with his golden cuff-links in the shape of lightning bolts.

A woman with deathly-pale blue skin and dark blue pixie-cut hair leaned against the wall, her arms crossed, with a skeptical look on her face that belied the eager spark in her eyes.

A thin man with slicked-back red hair scanned the room nervously, patting the head of the robotic monkey at his feet.

The red-haired man's nervous looks went mostly to the large man on the opposite side of the room, his head a bare skull wrapped in sickly green flames.

A second woman, her skin covered in a thin coat of spotted fur, lounged on a sofa in the middle of the room, amused to be in such outlandish company.

Behind them all, an enormous slab of a man with chalky white skin and tattered clothes stared almost vacantly, seeming at best only halfway aware of what was going on.

"The world has seen an influx of extraordinary individuals, self-proclaimed 'heroes' who wish to change the world to their own personal view of utopia," Vandal Savage continued. "Currently, there is no force on Earth that is a match for the Justice League. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the natural response. Welcome, my new friends, to the Legion of Doom."

.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #27
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

.Character you wish to portray:
Ultimate Superman

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?:
Hero

.Powers and physical attributes:
Super strength, speed, hearing, and sight; as well as flight, heat vision, Arctic breath, X-ray and thermal vision, and a high degree of invulnerability.

The planet Krypton was known around the universe as being a world where technology and spiritual enlightenment went hand in hand, where its people had learned to live in harmony with the world's ecosystem. To help accomplish this achievement, eons ago Krypton's top scientists gradually introduced specifically engineered genes into the population, which allowed them to take a considerable amount of their body's needed energy from their solar system's red sun, whereas almost every other known carbon-based lifeform would usually get such nourishment from food and drink. The red wavelength of the solar energy wasn't anything truly substantial, but for countless years it was more than enough to free the Kryptonians from any concern of over-harvesting Krypton's resources in order to sustain their quality of life. Their way of life was never shaken; not through the Phantom Zone war, through the political disputes over Birthing Matrices, the abduction of the entire city of Kandor, and even through the controversial ruling that interplanetary travel would finally be forbidden.

And then came the Green Death. What Krypton's greatest minds could only call a "radioactive disturbance" arrived on the planet one day. It's physiology itself was in complete stark contrast to the Kryptonians'; where they were powered largely by solar rays taken from their red sun, this new entity's energy was drawn from Krypton's unique green planetary core. Funneled through the entity, the core's radiation swept through the population, slowly killing them via radiation poisoning while also causing immense geological damage to the planet. It wasn't long before a young scientist named Jor-El, considered a rogue by his peers, recognized that the planet did not have much longer to live, and with his wife, they retrieved their unborn son's birthing matrix and placed little Kal-El on board a small illegally developed rocket. Setting the rocket's coordinates for any planet far enough away from Krypton to never risk the Green Death from ever reaching their son, and with a compatible environment to allow him to mature safely, Jor-El launched the ship mere moments before Krypton exploded.

Arriving on Earth, Kal-El grew up in a small town in Kansas called Smallville. Raised as Clark Kent by Jonathan and Martha Kent, Clark was the star of his high school football team and was accepted to study journalism abroad before almost marrying his high school sweetheart Lana Lang. Before leaving home, however, Clark's parents told him a secret--the secret of how he's not from around Smallville.

Now living in Metropolis, one of the largest and most culturally and technologically developed cities in the world, Clark Kent has earned his way into one of the top spots as a reporter for The Daily Planet. But Clark Kent also leads another life, a life where he dons the Kryptonian uniform that was hastily thrown into his interplanetary life raft years ago, along with several other artifacts from Krypton. This is a life where he has defended the innocent from a number of superpowered villains, such as Blackrock and Neutron, and will tirelessly continue to do so.

Cleared of any crimes after being manipulated by Dr. Destiny into attacking the small nation of Pokolistan, Superman struggles to regain the public's trust in himself and the Justice League, although his own faith in the team has never been stronger. Clark finally believes 100% in these heroes that he has allied himself with, and the adventure continues.

.The burning question - Why this character?:
I played him through most of his pre-reboot career and all through the first and second seasons of this continuity, and would love to continue working with the character. I'd like to further explore his relationships with his supporting cast and expand on the villains in his corner of the UDCU.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?:
The entire history of Krypton has changed, giving some explanation as to why Kryptonians are able to essentially be solar powered. I've also given a new reason for Krypton's destruction (which will come back to haunt Clark, as well as being the Ultimate version of an old villain), and I've kept the Ultimized version of Krypton that Karem Knight and I came up with from the pre-reboot days, with the societal unease over the more privileged families having their unborn offspring being engineered to have stronger immune systems while coming to term in a birthing matrix (an artificial womb); while the lower class citizens get to give birth the old fashioned way, with all the risks that come with it.

Superman himself is younger, but quickly gaining more and more experience. He's also not at planet or continent moving levels of strength, but he did grit his teeth and push Sta'rro all the way across our solar system towards the end of the first season, and I'm comfortable with that level of strength, so I'll keep it around there. Superman's costume is also a peacekeeping uniform from Krypton. The Fortress of Solitude is just a cave that can be outfitted to have infinite space within it (a combination of two of Superman's previous FOS's in the comics), but Clark really hasn't developed it any further than setting up a small workshop and a Kryptonian computer system.

You also might have noticed in my "Origin and Backstory" section that Clark almost married Lana before leaving Smallville. I didn't get around to exploring that in previous seasons, but I'd like to do so this time.

I can bring a dedication to the character, as I've demonstrated by sticking with him before the reboot with very minimal lags in overall posting. I can also bring with me a creativity for putting a new spin on old concepts while staying true to the spirit of the character and what he represents.

.Provide a sample post as the character you wish to portray, in three paragraphs or more:
Quote:

After many hours of hard work, I finally rub my hands together with a job well done. Pokolistan's capital city has been restored, buildings stand tall once again, and the roads are ready to have cars run along them for the first time in years. I can't stop the way that people think, and bringing about real change here is going to take more than a few fixed houses and roadways. That's up to them. But if my rebuilding efforts here have given even a single Pokolistanian family a place to safely tuck their children in and sleep comfortably for even one night, then at least some small measure of good has come from all of this.

I hear light footsteps quickly approaching from a block away and turn to see who it is. Meeting my eyes now is a little girl with only a pet dog for company here in the otherwise deserted streets. She looks cheerful and reasonably well cared for, especially considering the environment, so I can assume that her parents or guardians must be nearby. After a moment of looking at me in puzzlement, her gaze starts moving around the reconstructed house and her jaw drops in wonder. With a gentle wave farewell to her, she returns my smile and I take to the skies to set course for home while my thoughts drift to everything that just took place.

The Justice League.

My fears regarding the formation of our team proved to be my ultimate weakness instead of the reasonable cautious attitude that I had thought it all was. Even before Doctor Destiny invaded and warped my mind, how could I have expected to work alongside a group that I could never allow myself to actually trust? I needed to learn --to be shown-- that these people are not a group of potential Blackrocks or Maximas waiting to happen and be unleashed on the world. Through everything that has just happened, these heroes have more than earned my trust, and proved that they'll help the world at all costs and fight for what's right, even against insurmountable odds. In the end, that's more than enough proof I will ever need to truly see that forming the Justice League was a good choice for all of us to make.

~J'onn?~ I mentally call from one planet to another, hoping that he's available to answer.

~Yes, Superman?~

~Whenever you choose to return to Earth, do you think that you might like to have dinner with my folks and I some time? My mom makes a mean apple pie and I think she and Dad would love to meet one of my coworkers.~

Old 11-07-2011, 03:47 PM   #28
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Wotan

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Villain

.Powers and physical attributes: Wotan is a sorcerer and, as such, uses magic for offensive, supportive and defensive uses. Usually he pronounces an incantation in order to use a spell. Wotan uses magic to accomplish several feats such as: Flight, conjuration, lightning bolts, fire bolts and force fields.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): Wotan is a sorcerer, originally born, in the 6th century, to peasant parents. From a young age, Wotan showed an innate knowledge of magic despite receiving no training.

Wotan's parents abused the boy both physically and mentally, exploiting his powers to make money. After traveling the country, performing cheap parlor tricks, Wotan eventually came to the attention of the great wizard, Merlin.

Merlin was the latest in a long line of wizards protecting the Earth from supernatural threats, under the moniker of Dr. Fate.

Rescuing Wotan from his parents, Merlin trained the boy in the mystic arts. As he grew older, Wotan began experimenting with black magic, unbeknownst to his mentor. The years passed and Wotan's power grew, but so did his greed. Realizing Merlin had been training him to take on the role of Dr. Fate, Wotan felt he was more than ready. But Merlin was no fool, and he knew his apprentice had been taken in by the allure of Dark Magic.

In a confrontation that scorched the land, Wotan attempted to kill his mentor and become Dr. Fate; the most powerful sorcerer of all time.

.The burning question - Why this character?: I wanted to play an until-now untouched villain. Wotan, who I first saw on Young Justice, struck me as a pretty good choice, as he is low-key enough for me to do my own thing, but powerful enough to become a big threat if he succeeds in his plans.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: Wotan's history in the comics is a little weird, so I ultimized it as we do. I've altered his origin as you can see above as well as creating the Ultimate version of Dr. Fate(s).

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: An enthusiastic player, a new villain, and hopefully a whole bunch of supernatural elements.

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

"YOU ARE A FOOL!"

Wotan reached into the deepest, darkest corner of his cold heart, a barrage of fire bolts exploding from the palm of his hand. The flames soared across the battlefield, like birds of prey, towards Merlin.

"It is you who is blind to reason, Wotan." Merlin spoke, his voice muffled and distorted by the Helm of Nabu, but somehow reverberating in Wotan's bones. "Merlin may wish to save you from the darkness that consumes you..."

The fire bolts are suddenly wrenched from their path and sent flying off into the distance, before they dissipate and vanish. "...but Fate has intervened. You will be put down."

"Merlin is a weak, old man. The Helm of Nabu is mine!
" Wotan spat as golden chains shot forth from Dr. Fate's hands, wrapping themselves around the corrupt sorcerer like living tendrils. "Unlimited power will be mine to wield!"

"You stand no chance against the power of Fate, Wotan." Dr. Fate clenched his gloved fist, and the chains tightened around Wotan's chest. "You could no more wield the power of Nabu than you can stand against it."

"ENOUGH!"
Wotan roared, the chains exploding into a thousand pieces. "You take me for a fool?! I can hear the struggle in your voice, Doctor. The frailty of your spells."

A tendril of lightning slithers from Wotan's palm, connecting with Dr. Fate's chest. The greatest sorcerer alive howls in pain, falling to his knees as the electricity ravages his body. "Merlin's body is weak. It can no longer contain your immense power, Nabu. Join me, and together we will rule."

"Nn...Ngggh...." the Doctor struggles, writhing in pain. Suddenly his eyes grow a cold, blue, and a massive explosion rocks the earth. "ENOUGH!"

Wotan screams in pain as he his thrown to his back. Before he manages to get back to his feet, hundreds of golden chains wrap themselves around his body and punch into the dirt beneath, fastening him to the ground.

"You do not deserve the power of Dr. Fate." the sorcerer scoffs, standing tall above the enraged form of his former apprentice. Suddenly Wotan's body begins sinking into the ground, the chains pulling him deeper and deeper underground. "May these chains hold you for centuries to come, Wotan."

"NO! I WILL NOT BE DENIED!"
Wotan roars, fighting futilely against the chains as they drag him down. "RELEASE ME!"

"None can fight Fate, Wotan."

"I CARE NOT HOW LONG IT TAKES." screams Wotan, moments before he is encased in earth for hundreds of years. "THE HELM OF NABU WILL BE M-"

SenseiofCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #29
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Superman and whoever the **** Wotan is are both...

Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #30
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.

You'll see.....Oh, you'll all see.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #31
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Oh, I'll see...as soon as he gets his ass whooped by Booster Gold and gets forced into joining the Suicide Squad.

Below The Bible Belt
Old 11-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #32
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.

Way to spoil my season-long plans, man

Old 11-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #33
Bounce
DC RPG Slacker

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

Lor-Zod (Ultimate Superboy)

Hero (new for Season 3!)

Lor-Zod is a pure-blood Kryptonian who was born in the extradimensional realm known as the Phantom Zone. Like any Kryptonian, Lor-Zod exhibits superstrength, superhuman stamina, x-ray vision, and flight at sonic speeds when exposed to yellow sun radiation. What makes Lor-Zod unique is the fact that he has developed these powers while still a child (in contrast to the UDC versions of Kal-El or Kara Zor-El, who didn't develop their powers until their teenage years). It is believed that Lor-Zod's genesis in the Phantom Zone is the cause for this deviation, as Lor's natural state would be one of energy and not matter. Lor-Zod is not as strong as an adult Kryptonian, but many times more so than a normal human. While he has demonstrated many of Superman's same abilities, this version of Lor-Zod has not yet manifested any form of heat vision.

Physically, Lor-Zod appears to be a child of around 8 years of age with light brown hair and eyes. As Superboy, Lor-Zod does not don any kind of heroic costume and prefers just a t-shirt and jeans (in the opposite color from DCU's Kon-El, so Lor's t-shirt is red and his S-shield is black). For NASA missions he may wear the iconic light blue flightsuit typical of astronauts, with the insignia of the House of Zod worn in lieu of a nametag on the left side of the chest.

.:Origin & UDC Season 1
Lor-Zod is the son of the Kryptonian General Dru-Zod and his lieutenant, Ursa. He was conceived and born during General Zod's exile to the Phantom Zone, owing to the unique properties of a prison compound within the Zone that was immune to its timeless effects. General Zod's starcruiser eventually punched its way out of the Phantom Zone and appeared in normal reality, now in orbit of Apokalips. While General Zod wrestled with Darkseid, Lor-Zod and his pet Krypto encountered the extradimensional being known as Mister Mxyptlk. When told that Lor-Zod was looking for other Kryptonians, Mxyptlk teleported the child to Earth to find Superman.

Facebook and Twitter postings made him an internet sensation, during which Lor-Zod was taken in by a pair of NASA scientists (Dabney Donovan and Albert Michaels), who then fought a political and media battle in order to keep other agencies of the U.S. government, notably the Department of Defense, from gaining custody of the child Superboy. After rescuing the Space Shuttle Excalibur and Astronaut Micah Flint, Lor-Zod was summoned by the Martian Manhunter - along with Majestic, Flash, the Atom, Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman - to battle the Starro threat, leading to the formation of the Justice League.

.:Superboy & UDC Season 2
With the rescue of the space shuttle and the lost-in-space astronaut, Lor-Zod shifted from viral internet postings to mainstream media, with the public attention stalling U.S. Department of Defense plans to secure the Kryptonian child for experiments intended to develop viable weapons for use against Superman, which they had labeled Project Superboy. Re-branded as a NASA science and recruiting tool, Lor-Zod found himself as the unofficial mascot of Space Camp, after which NASA scientists were quick to capitize on the boy's abilities to run experiments to and from the International Space Station and the moon. Lor-Zod faced his greatest challenge when Micah Flint mutated into an enraged rock-like monster, but the treat to his friend Adam Grant gave the boy the motivation he needed to overcome his enemy. Afterward, Lor-Zod helped Superman rescue Cat Grant from the Toyman and began attending Benedict Arnold Elementary School with Adam.

Currently there are two different sections of Project Superboy. The publically known side of the project is the NASA scientific and educational program headed by Dabney Donovan, intended to nurture and develop Superboy's knowledge of Earth while increasing scientific understanding of alien life. The dark side is the secret experiments headed by Albert Michaels with funding from General Sam Lane, covertly continuing the Department of Defense initiative to use access to Lor-Zod as opportunity to try and develop anti-Kryptonian weapons.

Prior to the Crisis of Infinite Earths, part of the Superman mythos had been that Clark had his powers as a child so when I was growing up reading comics in the 80's those "Superbaby" tales were part of character (my favorite part of the first Superman movie is still the kid picking up the truck). Reading about Lor-Zod in "The Last Son" arc brought back memories of those fun stories, so I thought he'd be an interesting character to explore in UDC.

The genesis of his being the son of General Zod and born in the Phantom Zone remain the same, but the character's perspective and attitude are what set him apart. He is not Christopher Kent nor does he look up to Superman. Ultimate Lor-Zod enjoyed an actual parent-child relationship with General Zod and as a result this Lor-Zod seeks to emulate the behavior of his father, without really understanding the consequences of that. He is neither cute nor sweet, but very dangerous and headstrong. He finds humanity weak and not worth saving, though therein lies the hook for his development... the more he gets to know the people of Earth, the more he regrets what he imagines will come of it when his father either destroys or enslaves humanity.

I've never been UDC's most prolific writer, but I think I tend to make very substantive contributions when I have a story to tell (my problem being when the story I want to tell concludes prior to the end of the season). Plans for Season 3 involve fleshing out the International Space Station and Project Superboy some more.

The International Space Station
200 miles above the Earth

It apparently wasn’t often that the astronauts got a knock at the airlock, the scientists obviously more impressed with the young Superboy than he was with the marvel of human technology that was the multi-national footprint among the stars. Except for one part, the view from a lower module that offered a panoramic glimpse at the planet Earth below. He’d seen a glimpse similar one other time, onboard his father’s spaceship.

It was perhaps the first time that he’d allowed himself to feel homesick.

But such melancholy would have been weakness, and the House of Zod had no tolerance for the weak. Or, at least, he’d been taught not to tolerate weakness. And because of that repetition had never bothered to learn what ‘weakness’ meant. What was it to be strong? What was it to be weak?

Humans could not touch the sky as he could, yet they had traveled beyond the atmosphere of their world. Humans looked as he did, felt as he did – realities he wouldn’t have given a thought to if not for the time he’d spent with Adam Grant. Now, staring down at the planet from which he knew of no escape, it struck the small Kryptonian that perhaps he was the one who was weak.

“You must see this view a lot.”

Glancing back over his shoulder, the brown-haired youth turned to see the Canadian head scientist hovering through the hatchway. In contrast to everything suspended in micro-gravity around him, the boy was curled up on the floor beside the picturesque view. “Not really,” Lor-Zod answered simply, as his fawn-eyed gaze returned to the Earth outside. “It… It’s a nice view though,” the child added after another moment, hesitating a moment before finishing the thought. He had been about to say it reminded him of someplace else.

“I like looking at the moon myself,” the scientist remarked casually, floating over toward the mysterious alien boy. Though it might have been a publicity stunt on the part of the Americans, he had to admit that he hadn’t been sure of what to think when the child had literally drifted up from the planet and knocked on the door. “I can’t wait for the day when we can go back there to do more experiments.”

Drifting up from off the floor, the Superboy allowed himself to drift into a lazy, stretched out pose as he looked over at the man. Lor had some idea of what went on at the space station from his time at Space Camp. “What kind of experiments?”

“Oh, I don’t know… soil samples. Look for water. That kind of thing.”

“Kinda silly to wait for that, isn’t it?”

“Perhaps. But our space shuttles are orbiters, they can’t…” the man began, training off slightly as it was obvious a thought had occurred to him. As it did, he gave the Superboy a second look.

“I can,” Lor affirmed, before drifting back toward the window and adding, “Besides, I think Krypto wants to go for a walk.”

“What’s a kryp…” the Canadian began, doing a double take – and nearly having a heart attack – as something new floated into view on the other side of the thick, treated glass. “Is that a Labrador?”

.Note on NPCs Related to this Application
While Lor-Zod shares many of the same story elements as Spike's Superman, he does have some unique NPCs associated largely only with this character, including: Krypto the Superdog, Dabney Donovan, Albert Michaels (Pre-Crisis Atomic Skull in DCU), Micah Flint (Rock, currently deceased), Oswald Loomis (Prankster), and Adam Grant (Cat Grant's son).

Currently into: Journey Into Mystery, Batman & Robin, Nightwing
Bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #34
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

.Character you wish to portray: The Atom

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?:Hero

.Powers and physical attributes: The ability to shrink down to microscopic size, and the ability to shift her weight so even at (for example) six inches tall she can have weight and strength as though she were her normal size. Can also shift her weight so that she can float on air currents and travel along cell-phone signals.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it):Rhiannon Palmer was a doctor of molecular biology at Wayne Enterprises' Medical Research division. She is strong-willed and fiercely independent because her parents are so well known in Gotham so she wants to prove that she can do things without having to rely on her parents' name (Father was the QB of the Gotham Knights died of Cancer, Mother was a well-known writer died in a boating accident). Rhiannon graduated from Central City Tech with a PHD in molecular biology at the age of 24 and moved back to Gotham took an entry level position at Star Labs satellite office in Gotham. She was on the verge of a major breakthrough in Diabetes research. Her intention was to shrink a specialized computer chip to help the pancreas secrete insulin. Rhiannon did not realize that if she had succeeded the Pharmacutical Divison of Star Labs would lose Billions in research grant money from the Government, and her superiors (unknown to her) tampered with the laser that would be used for the shrinking process and re-alligned the targeting mirrors so when it was fired it would fire at her automatically. When she test fired it struck her. Her superiors thought that she would be killed, but instead the laser blast had no noticeable effect on her at first. Rhiannon was blamed for the laser misfire but was told that there would be hearing to determine what happened in the interest of fairness. Rhiannon decided to sneak back into the lab to study the laser. She was studying it closely and thought that she saw something in the targeting mirrors she was certain it was there if there was only a way to see it closer. Then suddenly Rhiannon noticed that the room was getting bigger and bigger until the targetting mirrors were as big as the Washington Monument. Rhiannon Plamer discovered she now had the ability to shrink at will. That night she conducted a series of tests upon herself and discovered all of her powers. Rhainnon Palmer knew that she had been given these powers for a reason and was determined to make a diference. She then took a bio-suit that had been moth-balled and created her costume which would appear only when she shrank other wise would disappear when she returned to normal size. Rhiannon took her evidence and proved there had been tampering with the equipment. Rather than drag the events out she would agree to resign and keep quiet in exchange for letters of recommendation and a "healthy" serverance package. Rhainnon was able to gain a job at Wayne Enterprises' medical research divison as a research scientist. She eventually left there and took a position at STAR Labs in Metropolis as the Head or Micro-Biology R &D. However after dealing certain Governement Agencies she left there and is currently a Private Investigator because she now whats some action and adventure in her life without having to become The Atom. However that to will change this season! This season the stories will take a more sci-fi approach.

The burning question - Why this character?: I have played this character for a long time and I have a lot of fun with her, and all the other characters I play are villains she is the only Super-Hero I play.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: This character is a female, and while she is a scientist she enjoys the adventure and danger aspect of crime fighting unlike the actual DC character who is more scientific. Plus she will also be an expert in Judo so she does know how to defend herself.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: I have been in this RPG for sometime and have good chemistry with(and respect for) my fellow players and I have almost 30 years of experience.

.Provide a sample post as the character you wish to portray, in three paragraphs or more:
The Atom begins floating away on the night air. She smiles feeling a sense of confidence and strength.

All-right Metropolis...bring it on...I am so ready. For the first time since I got my powers I finally feel like a real super-hero...and it feels awesome!

She spots a mugging in progress.

Okay so it's not exactly a big name Super Villain or but hey I got to do what I have to do. This idiot is breaking the law and he needs to be stopped.

The Atom floats down and lands on top of the gun barrell.

The mugger is stunned looking at The Atom.

She says, "What's the problem? Can't find a date?"

The mugger begins to swipe at her with his free hand and she shifts her weight. The mugger stumbles and falls forward. As he is falling The Atom clocks him the jaw and he is now unconcsious.

She floats up to the victim and says, "Get his gun. I'll call the cops."

The Atom gets to a pay phone and calls 911. The police arrive as she leaves the scene.

Okay who's next?

.Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype?:

John 3:16

Last edited by MST3K 4ever; 11-07-2011 at 06:31 PM.
MST3K 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #35
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Pending we get around to that Superboy/Flash team-up, then Bounce is APPROVED!

Same thing with MST3K and Atom, but the team-up is optional.

Below The Bible Belt
Old 11-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #36
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

.Character you wish to portray: Doris Zuel/ Giganta

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?:Villian

.Powers and physical attributes: To grow to several hundred feet and strength equal to her height. The suit which grows with her is bulletproof and resistant to extremes in temperatrue.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): Janet Alton was a gifted athlete who grew up in a small town in Iowa. She was determined to escape her small town existence at price.

Janet recieved an athletic scholarship to the Univeristy of Iowa where she excelled in Track and Field. She realized that once her college career was over it could mean a return to her small town. Again she was willing to pay any price to escape her existence in that town inculding the abuse of steroids. Janet was caught using them subsequently kicked-off the team, but she was allowed to stay in school if she named anyone else involved. Janet knew that if she named anyone else in the scandel there would be those who seek retribution since she was receiving them from a powerful pharamcutical company, and her reputiation in her own hometown was now ruined, but she did see one way out of everything. One night Janet destroyed her car and any forms of indentification that she had Janet Alton was now dead as far as anyone knew. She created a new appearance and a new name for herself; Doris Zuel. She left Iowa once and for all.

Doris hitch-hiked her way across the country all the way to Metropolis. She used her beauty and charm to land a job as a receptionist at Lexcorp Towers. It wasn't much but at least it paid the bills and there was hardly any questions asked about her past. A company as big as Lexcorp she could hide in plain sight.

Her life was moving along without a hitch she even saw the big-man himself Lex Luthor a couple of times. Until one day everything changed when a disgruntled employee with a pistol broke through the security barracde and attempted to kill Lex. Without even thinking Doris threw herself in-front of the bullet intended for Lex.

As Doris recovered in the hospital Lex visited her privately and made her deal. He knew of her past as Janet Alton but was willing to let that stay a secret because he had use for her. Lex needed someone who could not only be his body-guard but someone who could act as an "emmisary" for him especially when others were foolish enough to disagree with his point of view. In return Doris would recieve a substantal salary and best of all Lex promised that he would use his power and connection to see to it that Janet Alton stayed dead and Doris Zuel was always among the human race.

Lex though had one more offer for Doris. He analyzed the sterioids in her blood and realized that they could be enhanced as never before. Lex had his scientists work on a serum that would work with the steroids already in Doris' blood stream. A serum which would enable Doris to grow to heights unheard of. Originally Lex was going to use Doris as example of Lexcorp's advanced medical research and in gaining more profitable Government contracts, but he saw the potential that Doris presented in his battle with Superman and others like him. Lex had a suit designed for Doris when she used her growth power and had hair cells grafted. When she was her normal 6' 6" height it was blonde but when she grew it would turn red.

Doris is completely loyal to Lex and will carry out his orders without question. She is ready to kill and die for him on command because he gave her a second chance at life. Though she appriciates her new life as Doris her life as Giganta is what she wants to be remembered for the most.

.The burning question - Why this character?: I have played her before and I enjoy playing characters that seem one-demensional and showing that they are not that way at all.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: Doris is Lex's bodyguard she has a backstory that is not even close to her comic-book counterpart.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: A good chemistry with other players and almost 30 years of experience.

Doris arrives at the Metropolis Docks and approaches the Yacht of Keith Muller C-E-O of Muller industries.

Muller looks at her and says, "I know you you work for Luthor."

Doris replies, "Correct Mr. Muller I am here as an emmisary of Mr. Luthor. He regrest that he is unable at this time to present his request to you in person at this time. But he along with your own borad of directors and your soon to be ex-wife are hoping that you will reconsider this most generous offer for your company. You are the lone holdout from making this deal happen."

Muller crosses over to Doris somewhat drunk and replies, "Hell no I didn't build my company up just so that snake Luthor could steal it from me. You and the rest of them can go to hell because it ain't happening. Now get out of here I never want to see your face again. I'm taking my boat out to sea and when I get back the offer on the table will be null and void and I'll deal with my board of directors when I return."

Doris says in almost a growl, "Oh don't worry you won't see it ever again."

Doris watches the Yacht pull away she returns to the Limo and sees no one looking around. She quickly disrobes revealing her Giganta suit and dives into the water.

Once in the water she grows to 50 feet tall and begins swimming fast enough to pass the yacht. She uses her feet to grab the anchor and begins pulling the boat further and further out to sea while growing taller and taller.

They reach a point where land is nowhere in sight. Muller staggers out and says, "Hey what's going on I have radioed the Coast Guard they'll be here soon."

Just then Giganta stands up and holds the boat eye level. She says, "You should've listened to the offer. Now when it is announced you died in a boating accident the deal will go through anyway. You could've done this the easy way but you decided to be difficult so be it."

Giganta uses a finger and shoves Muller inside the boat. She then proceeds to shove the boat underwater until it breaks apart and she sees Muller floating to the surface.

She dives underwater and swims back to shore returning to normal size.

Doris contacts Lex on a secured cell-phone and says, "It's done. Tomorrow's Daily Planet will read about the drunken billionare who died in a boating accident."

.Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype?:

Last edited by MST3K 4ever; 11-07-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #37
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Character you wish to portray: Oswald “The Penguin” Cobblepot.

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: villain

.Powers and physical attributes: No meta-human abilities, but has information on EVERY illegal activity in Gotham and several contacts within the City Government and GCPD. However he could be considered a world class athlete except for the limp in his left leg in which he uses a cane (which doubles as a sword). Oswald is 6’4” with black hair, blue eyes and always wearing a Black & White Armani suit.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): Oswald Cobblepot grew up the child of a high ranking enforcer of the Scardina crime family. His mother died when he was very young but his father, inspite of his job, loved his son and tried to provide for him best he could. Eddie Cobblepot taught his son the value of not only charm, charisma and physical intimidation and how it can be used to open doors, but that information was the true power in the world. Knowing as much as one could about a situation or a person was the real power.

Eddie also taught Oswald that no-one is ever given anything for free that what one wants from life has to be earned. To that end he got an 18 year old Oswald a job as a door-man at the Black Orchid one of the swankiest clubs in Gotham owned by Don Scardina. The club was so high-classed Oswald had to wear a tuxedo at all times. Don Scardina commented once how Oswald looked like a Penguin in the tux. That was considered high-praise from him. One evening Don Scardina was conducting a business deal at the club while Eddie was there to pick up Oswald just as the Don was leaving one of the rival crime gangs tried to kill the Don. Oswald without thinking shoved the Don to the ground and took a bullet in the leg. Oswald’s act of heroism saved The Don, but his father was killed in the cross-fire. Don Scardina not only paid for the surgery that saved Oswald’s leg from being amputated, but he took Oswald in and treated him like he was one of his own children. He saw to it that Oswald went to the best Ivy League schools and during semester breaks taught him about how things worked in his line of work. Oswald took to the lessons like a fish to water, and Don Scardina knew he had found someone he could one day leave his empire to.

When the Don died he left everything to Oswald and named him as the new Don. Oswald took his Ivy league education and the lessons his father taught him about information and applied it to his “new line of work” expanding the empire heights that Don Scardina could only dream of. Oswald was able to use his gifts to give the appearance that the Scardina Empire was legit and he also used his new found power to make friends in very high places. However all of the legitimacy airs are a front. The truth is Oswald has connections throughout the criminal underworld and city politics, and he knows how to use the information to get the sides to play off of each other so he makes a VERY nice profit. His main base of operations the super elegant restaurant and lounge called “The Iceberg Lounge .”
He prefers to be called Oswald or Mr. Cobblepot, but those “in the know” refer to him by the nick-name Don Scardina called him for all those years “The Penguin”

.The burning question - Why this character?: He is a unique character. He doesn’t seem that imposing but yet he is able to give Batman fits time and again.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: This version of The Penguin is a 180 from the comic version. In this version he is tall, good looking, physically fit, and instead of him trying to suck up to everyone in high society they want to be with him.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: I’ve been here from the get so I know my way around and I’ve been RPGing for almost 30 years.

Oswald makes his way through a gathering of the players and front office personnel of the Super Bowl Champion “Gotham Knights”

The owner of the Knights Dan McAllister approaches Oswald and says, “Mr. Cobblepot I can’t thank you enough this party you’re throwing for us is just better than I could’ve envisioned it. I admit I was bit skeptical and taken aback when you said you wanted to throw us our victory celebration, but this has been just unreal. Thank you.”

The two men shake hands and Oswald says, “Daniel my good man it’s Oswald. This is not only a victory for your fine organization but this is a victory for our city. It’s been a lot of years since we had a Super Bowl champion in this city and we’re gonna celebrate it with style. Just wait until you see the victory parade. It’ll make this look like we’re serving pizza rolls and sprite.”

Dan says, “Well thank you again Oswald.”

Oswald bows slightly and continues making his way through the crowd. Talking to some of the guest along the way and taking pictures, but keeping an eye out for one of his employees to give him a nod.

The employee gives him a nod and Oswald begins to be much more subtle about his presence in the room blending in with the crowds until he is against a wall in the furthest reaches of the room. He sees no one is looking and presses a hidden button. The wall rotates and Oswald is now taking a hidden passageway to an office under the club.

Oswald presses a button on his speaker phone and says in Spanish, “< Marcus my friend how are things going in your part of the world>?”

Marcus responds, “Penguin the weapons arrived here on time and are already are being used to beat back the Government forces and the DEA. The tide has turned thank you my dear friend!”

Oswald responds, “<Excellent! I now have need of your services my friend.>”

Marcus says, “What can I do for the one who is about to save my empire?”

Oswald replies, “<There is a witness here in Gotham getting ready to testify against one of my business partners, and if I lose his business many of my other business partners could suffer>.”

Marcus says, “Send me the information.”

Oswald sends the information to Marcus on a specially encoded e-mail file and in a matter of minutes Marcus says, “I’ll put my best man on this. She’ll be gone by this time tomorrow"

Oswald replies, “<Excellent! Marcus I knew I could count on you. Thank you.>” Oswald hangs up the phone.

Oswald lights a Cuban cigar and takes a long drag. He then listens to various conversations within the room on hidden mics and video cameras.

Well I guess I better re-establish my alibi.

Oswald slips back into the room and carries on conversations that he was never a part of, but he is able to discuss details so clearly that people just accept that he was there the whole time.

.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you): (Keep in mind this is just for the roster. The Penguin in this version is actually about 6'4" and very athletic looks like Peirce Brosnan...can't find that just right picture of him though I'll keep looking)

Last edited by MST3K 4ever; 11-07-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #38
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Giganta and Cobblepot are...

Old 11-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #39
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Ultimate Bane

Villain

Genius intelligence, master strategist, experience with countless forms of weaponry, master martial artist, and peak human conditioning.

A nameless child born into the infamously hellish prison of Peña Duro, in the small South American island country of Santa Prisca, miraculously survived the grueling pressures of life inside for as far as into his late teens, becoming hardened emotionally, physically, and intellectually before being rescued from such a life by a man who the Nameless One knew only as "The Demon." Never told why The Demon was so interested in him, the boy was trained by the League of Shadows, furthering both his scholarly and tactical studies, as well as rising to among the highest ranks of martial artists in the League, and perhaps the world. The Demon had grown to trust him over the many years of tutelage, and had even expressed his growing desire for the Nameless One to eventually become his heir and hopefully take his daughter, Talia's, hand in marriage at the time of his assuming such a role. Few things had ever brought a smile to the Nameless One's face. The Demon's offer, however, did.

After years of this training, the Nameless One took on a particularly special, and highly personal, long-term mission for the League of Shadows, involving going back to his home country of Santa Prisca and situating himself within its drug trade to take down the criminal operations from the inside. After five years of effort, the mission was a success and he finally left Santa Prisca to tell The Demon of his victory, only to find that his savior and the League of Shadows had disappeared and were presumed dead, and the love of Talia that he had been promised had been taken from this world shortly before his return.

Without anyone in the world to turn to, the man investigated what little remained of the League's temple, discovering that The Demon had found another candidate to become his heir, and that Talia had found love in the arms of a student who had come into The Demon's teachings not long after the Nameless One had left for Santa Prisca years ago. "Wayne" was this usurper's name. In learning these facts, the man finally found a name for himself; he would find this "Bruce Wayne," and would rob him of everything that he held dear - he would be the Bane of his existence, and finally break him into dust in his hands!

In the first season, we saw Bane slowly and systematically gaining control of various gangs and crime families in Gotham City, and making alliances with several others, such as Oswald Cobblepot and Richard Dragon. He also stalked the Batman during the nights, studying the movements of Gotham's Dark Knight and recognized them as belonging to an advanced student of the League of Shadows. Putting two and two together, Bane realized that Bruce Wayne was the Batman and further endeavored to end him. As the first season concluded, Bane and Batman finally met face to face and fought while carnage erupted around them at a Maroni Family wedding. As police began to close in on them, Bane made his escape from the scene and set about assuming command of the now leaderless Maroni crime family.

In the second season, it was revealed that Bane had been making a mockery of Batman by posing as the hero and massacring his own mob rivals. Bane eventually found himself on the run from the police after a corrupt forensic scientist named Jim Corrigan couldn't pay what he owed Bane's casinos. To save himself, Corrigan sold Bane's location to the police and the rival Syndicate. Ultimately surviving and enacting his vengeance, Bane made an example of Corrigan and wreaked havoc on an entire police station. It was during this assault that Bane met Edward Nygma and made a deal with the Detective to set a trap for Batman. Suffering a sort of crisis of faith from his hatred for the very city he wanted to control, Bane retreated to the wilderness outside of Gotham to find himself again and renew his convictions. On his return to Gotham City, Detective Nygma sprung the trap for Batman that they had set, leaving the Dark Knight injured and exhausted as he returned home that night... only to find Bane waiting for him.

Savagely beating Bruce Wayne to within an inch of his life, Bane finally chose to end their rivalry by throwing his hated foe off the balcony of Wayne's penthouse and down into the Gotham streets below.

I played him throughout the first and second seasons and still have big plans for his future in the game. I love the character and I want to do what I can to get him away from the image of the steroid-pumping thug that every version of him outside the comics continually perpetuates.

He's not addicted to venom and never has been, but like his counterpart in the regular DCU who got over his addiction to the drug (way back in 1995 ), Ultimate Bane's physical strength is still far above the norm. His backstory has also differed to include Ra’s Al Ghul in his scholarly studies and training, rather than Bane being entirely self-taught. In concordance with MB's version of Batman's origin, this also gives Bane a more personal reason for wanting to defeat and humiliate Batman, other than simply wanting to crush the symbol that the Bat represents (ala the mainstream Bane).

Dedication and a strong desire to keep this character going after seeing how much people seemed to enjoy it last season.

Quote:

I run. Through fields of green under a blue sky, twenty miles a day, I run.

Through a world I've never known.

The cabin where I have been in the mountains gives my the solitude I require for my meditation and exercise. My self-imposed exile is exactly what I have been needing lately, after my adventure with James Corrigan and the authorities, and my masquerade as Batman. The toll that those experiences took on me was more than I had anticipated; an unexpected hurdle in my intended path, and a course of self-indulgence to spite Wayne that I should have measured more carefully before following through with.

I had trained my whole life for this and my heart and mind are true to my cause, yet I strayed from the plan nevertheless. Why? Why did I allow myself to do so? It's true that there was nothing I could do to stop Corrigan from betraying my organization to the Syndicate and the GCPD, and it was beyond my control until it was too late, but I welcomed the challenge all the same. Likewise, it's accurate to say that my posing as Batman did much to sow seeds of distrust and hatred in the public and authorities' views of Wayne's alter ego; an intention parallel to my overall goal. But honestly, I did it to make a mockery of the man and everything that he stands for.

I was once above such petty behavior. This city, it is rotting me to my core, grating on my soul and corrupting me. Leaving my three lieutenants in temporary command, I have retreated to the wilderness to rediscover the strength to overcome this corruption. I will find it or I will die trying.

At night I swim for miles on a wine colored sea, deep and cold and dark. I have been awake for more than a week, and am on the brink of starvation, but I still have not found what I seek. Many men would have given up and gone home by now, but I will not allow myself to indulge in such weakness.

I am Bane. I endure.

Bringing my meditation to an end for tonight, I stand up and pause to feel the heat of the campfire in front of me. I try to remember what I fight for, remembering her smell and the smoothness of her skin. Her passion, in and out of combat, having gone missing from this world, leaves it a far darker place to live in. I fought for Talia once, and when I find myself, I will do so again.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #40
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Bane is approved.

Even if he is a no good, dirty, filthy cheater when it comes to fighting me.

Old 11-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #41
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

It's not his fault that Batman couldn't handle a simple dive off a building and into the street.

A real man could've done it.

Old 11-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #42
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Bane is approved.

Even if he is a no good, dirty, filthy cheater when it comes to fighting me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike_x1 View Post
It's not his fault that Batman couldn't handle a simple dive off a building and into the street.

Can't we all just get along.

Old 11-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #43
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:

Tell that to Sal Maroni.

Below The Bible Belt
Old 11-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #44
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

Quote:

That's how I get down from my room to the driveway so I can get to my car every morning.

Duh.

trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #45
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
Tell that to Sal Maroni.
I'm telling it to his vagina.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:40 AM   #46
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

So booored! When's the IC thread going up?

Old 11-10-2011, 04:13 AM   #47
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Later today, you overeager bastard.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:16 AM   #48
Supergirl
The Maid of Might

Later... it's later now.

...Are you gonna get it up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bruce
I'll try.
Supergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:22 AM   #49
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
overeager bastard.
Goes for you too.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:15 AM   #50
Supergirl
The Maid of Might

It's been an hour. That's definitely later.

...Are you gonna get it up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bruce
I'll try.
Supergirl is offline   Reply With Quote