Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Default Re: The Ultimate DC RPG - Season III: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

I like to think so.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #202
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Just remembered that it was Cats who played J'onn during the Starro shenanigans. *goes digging for his application*

SHAZAM!

Last edited by Spike_x1; 02-11-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Spike_x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #203
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Hate to do it, but I'm dropping Hex.

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG

Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Charles Victor Sage/The Question

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Hero

.Powers and physical attributes: Q has no powers, no exceptional physical attributes, nor does he have much combat training. But what he lacks in physical skill, he makes up for with a razor sharp detective mind.

Plus, his dick is bigger than Batman's.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it):

Born in 1979 and originally from Hub City, Michigan, Charles Victor Sage had a normal childhood and bounced around from job to job after leaving high school. He was working as a security guard in Opal City when he saw a job opening for the Gotham City Police Department. 18 year old Vic moved to Gotham and applied for the job. Vic worked as a patrolman in the Eastern District. During that time he met Amy Brown, an attorney, at the district house. Vic and Amy went out for two years and eventually married.
Shortly after being married Vic was promoted to detective and joined the GCPD's Sexual Victims Unit downtown. After a successful tenure in SVU, Vic applied for and was granted a transfer to Homicide.

His time in Homicide was legendary. He posted a 92% clearance rate with a 98% conviction rate. As much as he enjoyed the work, he began to see the ugly side of the job. Corruption ran deep inside the department, and it slowly ate at Vic. He worked longer and longer hours until Amy finally divorced him. Three years ago Vic was involved in a murder case, a man had murdered his ten year old stepson. Vic knew the man did it, but he didn't have enough evidence for an arrest. Finally fed up with his job and life, he decided to step outside the law to get the job done. Putting on a ski-mask, Vic broke into the man's house and beat him until he promised to confess. It wasn't pretty, but it got the job done.

A week later, Q was chasing down a lead on another case when came across a storage unit filled with stolen supplies from STAR labs. Among the things in the storage unit was a filled with something known as Pseudoderm, a skin-like substance that can be molded and shaped.

Using the Pseudoderm to form a mask, Vic decided to follow in the footsteps of other masked crime fighters and become one of them. Using a plain suit and tie with a fedora, Vic became The Question. A mostly successful masked vigilante.

Fast forward three years later.

Now Vic is no longer on the force, he quit in disgust after realizing he was a pawn in Lt. Edward Nygma's grab for power. Now Vic works as a private investigator while he moonlights as a freelance reporter for the Gotham Gazette and keeps things going as The Question. Recently, he worked freelance for the FBI and helped them bring down Nygma for his crimes. In addition, as the Question he's currently working with a trio of Gotham heroes to keep the East End from tearing itself apart.

.The burning question - Why this character?: I loved playing Vic and I think that my take on him is pretty unique. I want him back!

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: Different backstory and a different take on the character. There...happy?!

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: More Batman fanfics!

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

The East End
2:15 AM

"People are strange, when you're a stranger. Faces look ugly when you're alone. Women seem wicked when you're unwanted, streets are uneven when you're down..."

"What are you singing," the girl beside me on the rooftop asked. Tonight's the first time in a long time I actually have a partner. You couldn't tell it from her youth and goofy costume, but Batgirl is a righteous asskicker.

"Just singing the Doors," I said, sticking my hands into my jacket pockets and stopping at the edge of the roof. "I thought Hood said this part of the town was bad?"

"He did, but-"

Batgirl stops short as the sounds of struggle and gunshots fill the air.

"There it is. Let's go, Jailbait."

"Wait. What did you just call me?"

"Jailbait," I said with a shrug, pulling my .45 from its shoulder holster. "It's a term of endearment."

"Are you really going to use that gun? I thought the Batman didn't like people using guns."

"Well, he's not here. Plus, the bullets are rubber."

"It'd-"

"Is this about that rumor that I shot myself in the chest with my own gun? Okay, so it was more of a glancing blow instead of a straight up point-blank shot. Still, I barely got hit and I did not pee my pants! I spilled a soda on my lap earlier! That's all it was!"

"...I was going to say that it would be best to keep the safety on until we get there. I noticed it was off when you pulled your gun out."

"Oh..."

Batgirl and I stood in silence for a few moments before I flipped the safety on.

"Let's go, Jailbait."

"Right behind you, Captain Pee Pants."

With that, both Batgirl and I leaped off the roof and down into the action below.

.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):

Old 02-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #204
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #205
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Changeling and Sinestro posts will be up tomorrow.

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #206
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Promises, promises.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #207
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
Promises, promises.
I usually have posts up within 2 days of the day I say I'll have something up.

Close enough damn it!

Old 02-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #208
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

And of course my weekend would be more busy then expected when Byrd calls me out.

Posts WILL be up tonight.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #209
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Success!

Old 02-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #210
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Should have some posts up sometime today. Been recharging my batteries and trying to somewhat map out where things are going with my characters.

John 3:16
MST3K 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #211
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

For the sake of advancing their storyline/relationship I am going to say that Atom and Dr. Fate are now at a point where they've been dating for a little while.

This is where things start becoming interesting for them.

John 3:16
MST3K 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #212
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Working on a big Sinestro post. Will hopefully have it up over the weekend.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #213
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Bane's back, and yeah, I'm just gonna say that Arkham City's Wonder Tower exists in UDC's Gotham.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #214
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Hey goat ****er, get on MSN once in a while.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #215
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

"Zoosh"

Old 03-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #216
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

"Zoosh"?

Old 03-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #217
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

That's the sound his vagina makes

Old 03-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #218
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Makes sense, given what Soze did to his balls.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #219
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Puts this into a somewhat puzzling, yet amusing context.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #220
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Well, now I'm just horrified.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #221
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Rosters are now, at last, up-to-date.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #222
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

With that, I'm dropping Catwoman. It was fun while it lasted, but there's a character I've meant to pick up for awhile.

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Red Hood/Jason Todd

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Walking The Line

.Powers and physical attributes: Superb combatant and athlete, above-average intelligence of the criminal and general human psyche, a wealth of mid-level resources, keen marksmanship.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): Witnessing his prize-fighting father beaten to death at a young age, Jason Todd honored his father's wishes for him to become a supreme physical fighter and trained himself to withstand the limits of average physical endurance. Taking head of his household and looking after his mother, who valued his intelligence, Jason dutifully worked to enroll in Gotham State University with a keen interest in psychology, looking to quell a rage that had built itself inside of him after the death of his father. But the rage only grew when the evil of Gotham claimed his mother aswell, learning that she had been killed during a botched robbery. Blaming criminal society as a whole for the loss of both of his parents, individually, he worked to extract revenge by becoming a psychologist at the very institution his mother's killer was placed in to avoid jailtime - Arkham Asylum.

It was during this transitional period that Jason met and befriended Bruce Wayne during study in Ivy Tech for his master's degree. Wayne had been stricken with similar tragedy in his youth, but unlike Jason, saw no real interest in allowing himself to emotionally grow. Determined not to let himself be swept up in vengeance, Jason graduated with top honors and succeeded in his goal. As an understudy of Dr. Jerimiah Arkham, he was granted the opprotunity to become a master of the criminal psychology and look to treat Gotham's deranged. But seeing that the system was far too flawed, he decided that he had to tap into the rage that had spurn him through his youth and adopt another identity to fight against it's evil. With a large sum of money earned off of his mother's life insurance policies, Jason Todd became The Red Hood.

But his ideals were also shared by a young socialite who had returned to Gotham after seven years abroad. Becoming The Batman, he and Red Hood initially clashed before discerning eachother's identities. Realizing that Batman was in reality, his college friend Bruce Wayne, the two developed a loose partnership that deteriorated after they realized the other's style of crimefighting didn't match. So with a developed loyalty, they drifted apart, seperately becoming the city's protectors. While developing his new life, Jason met and began to date Dr. Harleen "Harley" Quinzell. But his double life led to complications in their relationship, resulting in a troubled history that never seemed to improve.

Establishing himself as a vigilante with his own rules, Red Hood became a quiet menace to the mob while Batman became their primary focus. Differing with The Dark Knight on many subjects, an attack perpetrated by a criminal calling himself The Joker led to their falling out for a time. During this, he took an interest in a young girl looking to emulate Batman, seeing much of himself in her desperate quest for recognition. Deciding to help her establish herself, Red Hood approached Barbara Gordon with the offer of a lifetime - join his mission and learn the tricks of the trade. They now fight alongside eachother as Red Hood and Batgirl, as Jason tries to fix his life in the midst of a nightly obsession that has helped tear apart many of his relationships.

.The burning question - Why this character?: Well, with Batman in a coma and Gotham going to absolute hell in his abscence, somebody needed to step up and fill the void that Bruce left. My character arc with Selina pretty much proved that Catwoman can't be the hero Gotham deserves, so the question is left with Jason on whether or not Red Hood can. To pick him up seemed like a natural progression and one that I had planned for a couple of months, after it became clear that Syn wasn't coming back anytime soon. And I have plans to take Jason's character to the next level. He won't end this season as the same man.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: During Syn's epic run with the character, he established several differences. Some could even call this version of Jason completely different from his mainstream DCU counterpart - he was never Robin, and never trained under Batman in any capacity. Infact, he's the closest thing that Bruce has to a friend and gained his skills as a crimefighter under his own means. Jason's roughly the age of his later iteration, Winnick's version, when he starts out and becomes one of Gotham's premier vigilantes as Red Hood rather than an all-out villain. One of the biggest changes Syn made was that Jason's working as a psychiatrist, and is able to read people based off of that skill. So theoretically, he's much smarter and more cunning than the normal Jason Todd. Oh, and there's the whole thing about, y'know. Him dying at The Joker's hand and whatnot. That never happened in this universe. Quite the opposite, infact...

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: A renowned love for the Batman mythos as a whole, and a great respect for the work that Syn brought in the season and a half that he was with us.

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

"Please don't kill me! I-I'll do anything you want! Please!"

I'm getting real tired of this same old routine.

Rustling up some feathers, putting the scare into a couple of small timers. Where the hell does it get me? Just more of the same. The number of minnows in a sea full of cods is practically astounding. I knew that whenever I roped up this clown, Vinnie "Lightfoot" Romero, for a simple extraction of information that he holds pertaining to my latest case. The murder of a smalltown girl that just happened to find herself on the wrong side of a big town. Angela Ferrera, 19. Still can't get the mental image of her lifeless corpse sprawled out across that filthy rat's apartment. But that's all about to be vindicated, because Romero holds the missing link that could bridge the evidence that the police overlooked in their piss-poor example of an investigation.

Almost a shame to do this, really. Romero was the only member of Salvatore Valestra's drug racketeering beat to have gotten out of jailtime. The little weasel fled the scene whenever a raid sent the rest of his boys off to Stonegate. From the intel I gathered earlier, he was actually on his way out of town. Lucky for me he happened to take a wrong turn into the back alleyway of his apartment complex, because without his testimony, Ferrera's killer might very well walk out of court.

Not a chance. Not if I have anything to say about it.

I practically tear off the tie wrapped around this panicing little smear's neck, as I pull him close enough to watch him feel me breathe. His skin begins to perspire as I begin my sentence with a whisper, only to end it in a growl.

"If you value your godforsaken life, you'll shut up and listen closely, Romero."

Reaching into my jacket, I pull out the only photograph of Angela from the GCPD database. Happens to be from her high school prom. The irony of her innocence is barely lost on me as I shove it in Romero's face.

"This girl was seen covorting with one of your associates the other night. Two days later and she's found beaten, strangled, and naked on his couch. Now your boy Thomas Kitchner is facing life for first degree murder, but my inside sources tell me that some of his friends might throw the jury with some pretty convienient evidence that could be presented the judge by morning."

Romero weakly manages a smile, even though the color in his face is lost from the lack of oxygen.

"What can I say? GCPD's record ain't exactly perfect,"

His smile is gone after I lean in with a right hook, instantly breaking his two front teeth.

"Neither is your's. I've seen your work in photography before, and believe me when I say that your people aren't exactly masters of photographic doctoring. It may get you by the judge, you may even convince the jury. But don't think for a damn second that I'm going to be fooled by,"

I grab his front pocket and shake. And what do you know, a stack full of explict photographs come falling out that seem to show Angela Ferrera in a variety of poses from that night. But it doesn't take a genius to tell me something's off.

"These. If your moronic hide actually still tries to pass these off as legitimate tomorrow morning, you're going to find yourself in a world of trouble. You and Kitchner both."

I cut the line and let him fall back down onto the asphalt, just a mere few feet below the fire escape I was suspending him from. His back hits the ground hard enough to practically make me smile. From below, as he groans in pain, Romero looks up to still see me watching him.

"#$%^ YOU! YOU AIN'T GOT AUTHORITY! I DON'T HAVE TO TAKE THIS *%^& FROM YOU!"

"Oh?"

I leer over him. "And where you gonna turn to, Vinnie? The cops? Your pals? Or maybe you were thinking of pleading your sorry case to The Syndicate. Truth be told, I'd gladly welcome whatever you've got coming my way. Because at this point, I know exactly how this is gonna end."

Firing my line, I swing up into the darkness and leave him to ponder his next few actions.

"Wise up and see it for yourself. You don't need to lose the rest of those teeth."

.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):

Old 03-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #223
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

MB is approved!

Old 03-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #224
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Why thank you, sir. You're a scholar and a gentlemen.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #225
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

A scholar and a gentlemen? Psh, I thought you knew me.