Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 11-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #26
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Superman's Metropolis Debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Some good ideas in here.

Personally I'd go for an out of control bullet train. The set up being that it's being launched in Metroplis after years of development, Lois is there to cover it on it's maiden journey around the City, something goes wrong though and it hurtles out of control.

Having recently seen Unstoppable I think an out of control speeding train can be a visual juggernaut in a movie, and I think seeing Superman flying alongside it trying to keep it on the tracks and steady until he can find a way to stop it and get the people off would be visually stunning.
Ha ha I take it you watched it on Sky this week? I watched it on Saturday night not knowing what else to do (not usually in on a Saturday night ) and all I could think of throughout the film was Superman trying to deal with the train, so yeah, I think this would be a great entrance scene for him, similar to the one in Birthright were the driver has a heart attack, but more drawn out as that was only on one page.

The bit were the train hits the curve and nearly comes off the tracks would be a perfect moment for Superman to guide back onto them.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Captain America: TWS-9(6)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(7)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(8)WOWS-8.5(9)Godzilla-8(10)Neighbours-8(11)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(12)Lego Movie-7.5(13)Transformers: AOE-7.5(14)Robocop-7.5(15)Sin City: ADTDF-7(16)300:ROAE-7(17)The Equalizer-7(18)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(19)47 Ronin-6(20)Monuments Men-5(21)Ride Along-5(22)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #27
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

As long as he's not wearing patchy, rolled up jeans and a t-shirt with the \S/ on it.

SMH

ElDuderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:05 AM   #28
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Someone either really loved the new Action Comics # 1 or this is a startling coincidence. I love train scene though.
coincidence as I only buy trades and haven't bought a Bats or Supes one in over a year, my inspiration was actually the film Unstoppable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Ooh, here's an idea: suspension bridge collapse. Only Supes gets there in time, and as the main cable goes he grabs each end and holds them together - holding the bridge up as people are running - they all stop stunned before he has to remind them to actually, you know, get off the bridge lol.
This would look pretty specatcular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Ha ha I take it you watched it on Sky this week? I watched it on Saturday night not knowing what else to do (not usually in on a Saturday night ) and all I could think of throughout the film was Superman trying to deal with the train, so yeah, I think this would be a great entrance scene for him, similar to the one in Birthright were the driver has a heart attack, but more drawn out as that was only on one page.

The bit were the train hits the curve and nearly comes off the tracks would be a perfect moment for Superman to guide back onto them.
Lol no I actually own the DVD and finally watched it a few weeks ago but seeing the ads for it on Sky was what made me think to make this thread and suggest the idea. Although I've always felt an action sequence for Bond, Mission Impossible or a superhero staged on a bullet train would be awesome ever since that one debuted in Japan.

Exactly! I can see it in my head, that was really tense and seeing Superman fly alongside it and keep it on the tracks would be visually awesome.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #29
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba View Post
I'd love to see this new Superman film treat an appearance by a flying man as a real shock to the world, forcing people to completely re-evaluate everything they thought about the universe, who we are, and if we're alone (which we're obviously not in this film). When this mysterious flying man appears with his strange alien garb and imposing physique, witnesses should be freaking out. Screaming like they're hallucinating, since there's no precedent for this.

I always thought Superman the Movie treated his debut as a little too "accepting" in the helicopter scene, but it went with the tone of the film so that's okay.

I agree; thatís one of the complaints that I also had with the reception that Superman got at upon his return to earth in SR. Youíd think that after supposedly disappearing without a word or trace from Earth for 5 years, that people would be silenced upon seeing him again due to not being sure as to how to react entirely towards his return.

But yeah; I canít see in a realistic fashion on the general populace receiving Superman upon his first arrival in Metropolis in MOS in todayís age. Itís something that I think Superman will have to work towards earning throughout the film and that only at the very end, he should receive that heroís reception.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #30
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post

Let's say that it is a "gotta stop the train or people are going to die" moment. At that point, do you think people would say that it's nothing new since it was done in Spiderman 2? Me....personally, I would love to see something like that, but I'm afraid that it would inadvertently start a Marvel vs DC war, because the "Marvellions" would say that Superman is just copying Spiderman 2.

Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:45 AM   #31
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Let's say that it is a "gotta stop the train or people are going to die" moment. At that point, do you think people would say that it's nothing new since it was done in Spiderman 2? Me....personally, I would love to see something like that, but I'm afraid that it would inadvertently start a Marvel vs DC war, because the "Marvellions" would say that Superman is just copying Spiderman 2.
That's exactly what I thought TBH.

It's just gotta be something totally unique IMO. Something no one has ever seen before.

I mean, the oil rig chaos is a great one, certainly doesn't remind me of any other films.

Hopefully they'll come up with something equally as cool for the first Supes appearance.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:00 AM   #32
elgaz
Side-Kick

Totally agree. A Superman film needs something amazing and new.

Stopping a runaway train would be amazing, especially in Snyder's capable hands, but it wouldn't be new. Too many people would end up comparing the scene to how they did it in Spiderman. This film is going to be HUGE, and rehashed stunts/scenes won't help it. The aeroplane save has been done already too, both in SR and Smallville. The planet/meteors hitting Earth was done in the Smallville finale with Apokolips. And the helicopter save has been done in the original Superman.

What about this.........

Metropolis is meant to be on a bay, right? Much like New York? What about an out of control tanker, or some other kind of huge ship, heading towards the city? Those things can weigh well over 40,000 tons and they're huge ............ so it would certainly be a spectacle.

Maybe that's why they needed the aircraft carrier

A nuclear-powered aircraft carrier (some of which weigh 100,000 tonnes) loaded down with weapons, munitions and explosives ..... totally out of control and heading at full speed towards Metropolis. Why's it out of control? Human error maybe, terrorists, navigation/guidance issues, some villain has sobotaged it, who knows - either way it's going to decimate a large portion of Metropolis if it strikes there and explodes. The Navy and other emergency response teams are trying their best to take back control, but to no avail. There is absolutely nothing they can put in front of the carrier which will slow it or stop it, and they are recommending Metropolis be evacuated ...... if there's time.

Superman hears about the impending disaster. As news helicopters circle the approaching ship and film the situation, the feed is broadcast live around the world. People are unable to tear their eyes from their TVs and computers, fearing they are about to see destruction and death on a scale much bigger than 9/11.

And suddenly, the world gasps as cameras catch a human figure in a blue and red suit flying straight towards the tanker almost faster than they can follow him ..................

Last edited by elgaz; 11-10-2011 at 07:22 AM.
elgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:35 AM   #33
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post

Stopping a runaway train would be amazing, especially in Snyder's capable hands, but it wouldn't be new. Too many people would end up comparing the scene to how they did it in Spiderman. This film is going to be HUGE, and rehashed stunts/scenes won't help it.

The aeroplane save has been done already too, both in SR and Smallville.

The planet/meteors hitting Earth was done in the Smallville finale with Apokolips.

And the helicopter save has been done in the original Superman.

What about this. Metropolis is meant to be on a bay, right? Much like New York? What about an out of control tanker, or some other kind of huge ship, heading towards the city? Those things can weigh well over 40,000 tons and they're huge ............ so it would certainly be a spectacle.

I like your thinking.

Can definitely imagine that

Might be a bit too much to have two action sequences based around things at sea though.

So what could happen, that's big enough for people to be saying 'OMG, he saved all those people', but that isn't any of the following.

1. A plane or helicopter crash (SR, S:TM)
2. An out of control train (Spiderman 2)
3. A damn collapsing (S:TM)
4. A meteor shower (Smallville)
5. A traffic pile up on a bridge (Fantastic Four)
6. An attack during a parade/festival (Spiderman)
7. Bomb threat on a hospital (TDK)
8. Saving a baby from a burning building (Spiderman 2)
9. Fire at a chemical plant (Superman 3)
10. An earthquake (SR)
11. Helping a space shuttle into space (LnC pilot, SR)
12. A tornado (looks like we already have one in Smallville)
13. A fire on an oil rig (looks like we already have one in Alaska)

Etc

Let me think...

Suicide bomber on the tube? Cave in at a mine?... Stage collapse?

I kind of prefer the idea of things like that anyway, because I want Superman's first save to be more personal, more tangible if that makes sense.

I think you loose an opportunity if people are just looking up and watching this far away figure do something incredible (like the plane rescue).

I don't think it has as much of a personal impact as witnesses being right up close to Superman, carried by Superman, shielding from debris or seconday explosions by Superman.

In both the mine collapse and the explosion on the underground scenario as well, you have a level of tragedy that makes people more passionate IMO. He hasn't stopped the disaster itself. People have died. People are panicked, injured, going through hell - and that's when he comes in and saves them.

And those people would be very vocally supportive of him after that I think.

And while we are on the subject, do you think it would be better to have this save be completely unrelated to Zod or CAUSED by Zod, like the out of control train was caused by Doc Oc?

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 11-10-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #34
elgaz
Side-Kick

It depends at what point it happens in the film and what Zod's perceived role.

We don't know if Superman's debut will be near the start of the film, or like Batman Begins, about halfway through it. So as such, is Zod being introduced then too? Also, is Zod immediately a villain? Or is he first presented as being an ally to Superman until their differences become apparent?

If the story allows, I'd like Zod to have some implication in it.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #35
Kalonthar

Heh, well, as long as it wasn't the exact same situation as Unstoppable. After all, he doesn't have to pull off some amazing feat in order to stop that train, he just has to get to the front of the train and apply the brakes.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #36
not_a_victim
Side-Kick

How about a natural disaster? A huge flood would provide multiple opportunities not only for personal rescues, but to demonstrate each and every super power he has.
-Flight
-X-ray vision to check for people stuck in the subway that is flooding
-Strength; picking up the whole subway car and carrying it to safety.
-Freeze Breath (I have never heard non-awkward way to describe that power) he blows on a wave of advancing water, freezing it. (also the only lame power Supes has)
-Heat Vision; he improvises a dam with cars or whatever, and welds them together with his heat vision.
-Invulnerability; something could collapse on him, like a building, and he picks himself up out of the rubble after a dramatic pause.

not_a_victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #37
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
It depends at what point it happens in the film and what Zod's perceived role.

We don't know if Superman's debut will be near the start of the film, or like Batman Begins, about halfway through it. So as such, is Zod being introduced then too? Also, is Zod immediately a villain? Or is he first presented as being an ally to Superman until their differences become apparent?

If the story allows, I'd like Zod to have some implication in it.
Yeah I think I'd be happy with that too.

So let's say Zod is somehow responsible for an explosion or derailment of a subway train. People are hurt, terrified, with no idea what to do. Some people are trapped under debris. Fire is spreading, the smoke is thick and people start clambering over each other to get to an exit.

And through the smoke comes Superman, dressed in similar clothing to the man who did this too them.

At first they panic more. He has to ignore it, focused on getting everyone to safety. His first action is to free a man who is trapped under some debris. Everyone shuts up, as the man clambers out from under it, stuttering a thankyou. He then puts out the flames with his superbreath, before looking back to the people who are now just staring silently at him.

He pauses with a slight moment of doubt and hesitation (the 'I hope this disguise thing works), and then confidently says 'This way', his voice authoritative and unquestionable.

Cut to people emerging from the at the nearest platform, running towards the emergency services people who are on their way into the devestation. One of them asks 'what happened in there?'

Then maybe cut back to Lois, who is unconscious, slight cut to her head. She starts to come too. Blurry POV shot of a battered carriage, filling with smoke. She starts to cough, tries to get to her feet, but wobbles and grabs onto one of the seats. POV shot again as we see a blue and red figure of a man coming through the smoke towards her. He catches her as she starts to faint.

Flashes as she goes in and out of consciousness, of her POV of Superman's chest as he carries her out and places her on a gurney where paramedics start fussing over her. She's confused, trying to sit up slightly. One last POV shot of Superman's face, blurring in and out as says softly (but manly ) 'Your safe now' before backing away. As soon as he's out of sight, fade to black.

I think it'd create a good split of public opinion too. Most people focusing on how the tragic subway incident was caused by the kryptonians, but Lois and some others running stories on the one who helped them. The Emergency services, all the people who escaped because of him, would all be eager to tell their story.

'He's not like the others. He helped us.'

I know some people would prefer some big CGI infused scene of mass destruction, with Superman's flight being key.

But personally I'd say something like that belongs to the final battle, and makes it even more exciting.

I wanna be able to see what being saved by Superman would really feel like. If you were on your own, trapped, scared, in pain and sure you were a gonner, and then this man just came in and took all that fear and danger away.

I just really want them to emphasize what Superman represents - hope, at the point where normally there would be none.

*\S/T*

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 11-10-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:47 AM   #38
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Lol no I actually own the DVD and finally watched it a few weeks ago but seeing the ads for it on Sky was what made me think to make this thread and suggest the idea. Although I've always felt an action sequence for Bond, Mission Impossible or a superhero staged on a bullet train would be awesome ever since that one debuted in Japan.

Exactly! I can see it in my head, that was really tense and seeing Superman fly alongside it and keep it on the tracks would be visually awesome.
Definately, especially with a train as big as the one in that movie with it toppling off, would be a superb sequence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
The thing is though, Superman wouldnt stop the train the same way Spidey did, it would have to be completely different as Superman wouldnt be able to apply too much strength, which is different than Spiderman giving it all he has to stop it. I think it could be different enough to not seem the same.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Captain America: TWS-9(6)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(7)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(8)WOWS-8.5(9)Godzilla-8(10)Neighbours-8(11)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(12)Lego Movie-7.5(13)Transformers: AOE-7.5(14)Robocop-7.5(15)Sin City: ADTDF-7(16)300:ROAE-7(17)The Equalizer-7(18)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(19)47 Ronin-6(20)Monuments Men-5(21)Ride Along-5(22)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:57 AM   #39
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Not a meteor-shower, but a big 10-mile-wide whopper would be insane to watch.
Unfortunately that would be a bit too convenient and silly for a first rescue and also wouldnt include any scenes with those rescued, which is needed.

They can save it for the sequel when Brainiac's supership is on a collision-course with Metropolis.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #40
elgaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
Yeah I think I'd be happy with that too.

So let's say Zod is somehow responsible for an explosion or derailment of a subway train. People are hurt, terrified, with no idea what to do. Some people are trapped under debris. Fire is spreading, the smoke is thick and people start clambering over each other to get to an exit.

And through the smoke comes Superman, dressed in similar clothing to the man who did this too them.

At first they panic more. He has to ignore it, focused on getting everyone to safety. His first action is to free a man who is trapped under some debris. Everyone shuts up, as the man clambers out from under it, stuttering a thankyou. He then puts out the flames with his superbreath, before looking back to the people who are now just staring silently at him.

He pauses with a slight moment of doubt and hesitation (the 'I hope this disguise thing works), and then confidently says 'This way', his voice authoritative and unquestionable.

Cut to people emerging from the at the nearest platform, running towards the emergency services people who are on their way into the devestation. One of them asks 'what happened in there?'

Then maybe cut back to Lois, who is unconscious, slight cut to her head. She starts to come too. Blurry POV shot of a battered carriage, filling with smoke. She starts to cough, tries to get to her feet, but wobbles and grabs onto one of the seats. POV shot again as we see a blue and red figure of a man coming through the smoke towards her. He catches her as she starts to faint.

Flashes as she goes in and out of consciousness, of her POV of Superman's chest as he carries her out and places her on a gurney where paramedics start fussing over her. She's confused, trying to sit up slightly. One last POV shot of Superman's face, blurring in and out as says softly (but manly ) 'Your safe now' before backing away. As soon as he's out of sight, fade to black.

I think it'd create a good split of public opinion too. Most people focusing on how the tragic subway incident was caused by the kryptonians, but Lois and some others running stories on the one who helped them. The Emergency services, all the people who escaped because of him, would all be eager to tell their story.

'He's not like the others. He helped us.'

I know some people would prefer some big CGI infused scene of mass destruction, with Superman's flight being key.

But personally I'd say something like that belongs to the final battle, and makes it even more exciting.

I wanna be able to see what being saved by Superman would really feel like. If you were on your own, trapped, scared, in pain and sure you were a gonner, and then this man just came in and took all that fear and danger away.

I just really want them to emphasize what Superman represents - hope, at the point where normally there would be none.
Good stuff. The POV being that of someone (drifting in and out of consciousness perhaps) being saved by Superman would be quite different and unique, especially if you see him super-speeding about the place.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #41
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Yeah, the POV-angle could be really interesting and fresh if done right.
And yeah, it might make sense for Supes to do everything in super-speed to cover himself at first. It would also add to the mystery, especially if done with the POV-angle. But we would need to see several people's POVs.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #42
Blue Sugar
Banned User

Just because something has been done before shouldn't disqualify it. I mean in the end all things are bound to be repeated. It's all in the way you do it.

Blue Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:45 PM   #43
Asr
Side-Kick

Quote:

I agree wholeheartedly with this idea. That'd be awesome to see as it'd provide more of a personal connection to what's happening on screen.

In line with the major flood disaster (which I like), I'd also maybe suggest:
- Earthquake & tsunami? (Not sure if a good idea after the major disasters this year.) With the focus on Supes rescuing trapped people rather than dealing with the disaster itself.
- Impending volcano eruption? (as done several times in STAS)
- Sinking boat? (also done several times in STAS/JL/JLU)
- Minor villain(s) or terrorists causing destruction in the city? i.e., Intergang, Metallo, etc
- Major road traffic accident?

I also wonder what it'd be like if we see Supes unable to save everyone in a major incident, that'd definitely be something new for a live-action movie.

Asr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #44
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post

I also wonder what it'd be like if we see Supes unable to save everyone in a major incident, that'd definitely be something new for a live-action movie.
I really really hope this is the case.

Superman can't always stop a disaster BEFORE anyone gets hurt or killed. And it seems like that's all we ever see, which doesn't create much emotion or tension IMO.

If people are hurt or killed by the time Superman gets there, the reality of the danger smacks the audience in the face.

It makes the people he does save even more desperately grateful because of everything they've just seen/been through; the harsh reality of death - what could have been their death - is literally right in front of them

And it shows us the thing that is hardest about being Superman... looking into the faces of the dead and wondering why you couldn't have gotten there two seconds earlier, or two minutes earlier etc.

... I should probably stop talking about this so much tho... it's probably not a style they are going for in this film, so I shouldn't get too attatched to the idea.

*\S/T*
Old 11-12-2011, 10:52 PM   #45
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

Stopping a runaway train would be amazing, especially in Snyder's capable hands, but it wouldn't be new. Too many people would end up comparing the scene to how they did it in Spiderman. This film is going to be HUGE, and rehashed stunts/scenes won't help it. The aeroplane save has been done already too, both in SR and Smallville. The planet/meteors hitting Earth was done in the Smallville finale with Apokolips. And the helicopter save has been done in the original Superman.

What about this.........

Metropolis is meant to be on a bay, right? Much like New York? What about an out of control tanker, or some other kind of huge ship, heading towards the city? Those things can weigh well over 40,000 tons and they're huge ............ so it would certainly be a spectacle.

A nuclear-powered aircraft carrier (some of which weigh 100,000 tonnes) loaded down with weapons, munitions and explosives ..... totally out of control and heading at full speed towards Metropolis. Why's it out of control? Human error maybe, terrorists, navigation/guidance issues, some villain has sobotaged it, who knows - either way it's going to decimate a large portion of Metropolis if it strikes there and explodes. The Navy and other emergency response teams are trying their best to take back control, but to no avail. There is absolutely nothing they can put in front of the carrier which will slow it or stop it, and they are recommending Metropolis be evacuated ...... if there's time.

Superman hears about the impending disaster. As news helicopters circle the approaching ship and film the situation, the feed is broadcast live around the world. People are unable to tear their eyes from their TVs and computers, fearing they are about to see destruction and death on a scale much bigger than 9/11.

And suddenly, the world gasps as cameras catch a human figure in a blue and red suit flying straight towards the tanker almost faster than they can follow him ..................
I like this Aircraft Carrier idea, you could mix in the idea hopefulsuicide has of Superman pulling the crew off the ship first and then going back to stop this mammoth craft crashing into New York City, which would look amazing.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 11-13-2011, 07:34 AM   #46
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I actually LOVE the idea of showing the audience the POV of the people who get saved from Superman and what it may feel like to be saved by him if we were in that position ourselves.

I'm pretty much a sucker for any Superman or hero save where it happens at the last possible second, when every moment beforehand looks as if all hope is lost and that this is the end for those people or that particular character.

Batman instills fear in the criminals that he goes after and we've seen that portrayed very well in previous films, but I don't think we've had as much of opportunity to really capitalize as to what a symbol of hope Superman really is to people.

And plus, I've heard, seen, read on how when Superman saves a person from certain doom and despair, he always has that sincere smile that he can throw at the person to assure them that everything is going to be alright, and when you see that smile, you believe him for that to be true.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:17 AM   #47
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
I like this Aircraft Carrier idea, you could mix in the idea hopefulsuicide has of Superman pulling the crew off the ship first and then going back to stop this mammoth craft crashing into New York City, which would look amazing.
How was that my idea? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I actually LOVE the idea of showing the audience the POV of the people who get saved from Superman and what it may feel like to be saved by him if we were in that position ourselves.

I'm pretty much a sucker for any Superman or hero save where it happens at the last possible second, when every moment beforehand looks as if all hope is lost and that this is the end for those people or that particular character.

Batman instills fear in the criminals that he goes after and we've seen that portrayed very well in previous films, but I don't think we've had as much of opportunity to really capitalize as to what a symbol of hope Superman really is to people.

And plus, I've heard, seen, read on how when Superman saves a person from certain doom and despair, he always has that sincere smile that he can throw at the person to assure them that everything is going to be alright, and when you see that smile, you believe him for that to be true.
This.

This is why I love Superman, this is one of the rare moments where I truly love being part of a fandom and being able to share things like this, and this is exactly the kind of thing I want Superman's first save to make people feel.

*\S/T*
Old 11-13-2011, 11:15 AM   #48
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
How was that my idea? lol
I was going of this part of one of your previous posts in the thread.

Quote:
If we see Superman saving various trapped crew members who felt certain they were going to die, it would give that POV of being saved by Superman.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #49
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I don't see a problem with the train thing if it is different from how Spidey stopped it. The Incredibles did the train thing too.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #50
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
I was going of this part of one of your previous posts in the thread.

If we see Superman saving various trapped crew members who felt certain they were going to die, it would give that POV of being saved by Superman.
Sorry for bringing Sr up, but sort of how Richard the kid and Lois were in the boat when it started to sink right? For sec I actually thought they were gonna die