The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Old 11-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #51
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Default Re: Penn State/Jerry Sandusky Child Sex Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurka View Post

That being said, if you have even been in a high-level sport environment, or even frequented a serious gym for that matter, you would see older men showering with kids. Of course you could twist laws to find something to charge someone with, as you can with many situations, but theres nothing necessarily "wrong" with that. Again, it's on McQueary for not being as descriptive as he should have been (if whats been stated is true).
I played competitive ice hockey for 30 years up through D-III college ranks and a cup of coffee with a low level minor league team. Never did I ever once shower/bath/etc. with a coach or adult, especially not by myself or even with other players around. Especially not when I was under 18 or at any kind of sports camp.

Last edited by The Incredible Hulk; 11-09-2011 at 04:04 PM.
The Incredible Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #52
OsGom
Mind-Taker

Quote:
But if he was unaware of any criminal wrong-doing, why alert the authorities and why speak on behalf of Sandusky, when he seemingly had no idea what was going on? All we know is what's been stated in the Grand Jury Presentment, so that's what I'm basing my opinion off of.
If he had no idea of any wrong doing then why report it at all?I'm not saying he should be charged. I am saying he is professionally and ethically negligent for not following through on something that disturbed him enough he felt he should report it.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #53
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

http://deadspin.com/5858008/penn-sta...st-child-abuse
Quote:
Penn State Fans Plan "Blueout" For Saturday’s Game To Protest Child Abuse

The official Penn State football Facebook page is endorsing a blueout for the Nebraska game. All fans are asked to wear blue, the color of the Blue Ribbon Campaign to raise awareness for all forms of child abuse. They will wear blue and they will cheer Paterno.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #54
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Obviously Paterno bleeds Penn State. I think in his mind, he felt he was protecting Penn State and maybe he thought it was the right thing to do.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:39 PM   #55
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Reiter: Paterno must step down ... immediately

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #56
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Quote:
Please.

I pride myself in being objective and looking at all the evidence whenever these public scandal cases come to light. Me being from the town and having ties to the university (however shocking for me it may be) does not inhibit my ability to look at the situation from an outside perspective.
Yet.... you're the only person in this thread who is being adamant that Joe did all he could do...

I'm from Canada... I could care less about Joe and Penn State and NCAA sports... so I can look at this far more objectively than you can... frankly, the enthusiam that Americans show towards college sports boggles my mind, but I digress... the facts are that Joe heard something from McQueary to inform his superiors... which means that there was a concern on Joe's part...to do nothing afterwards, especially considering the amount of power Joe has at PSU, is sad and pathetic.

With all the information coming out, it appears that Joe simply turned a blind eye after the fact.

I'm sorry this bothers you.

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #57
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

No one is saying that he touched the kiddies but he did seem to be awful so-so about being told something so horrible. The people running that school are disgusting because they seemed only care about football and keeping a clean image.

Still wondering why the guy who saw it didn't knock the perv away from the boy???

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #58
DoomsdayApex
Ęzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

If Joe even remotely suspected that young kids were being taken advantage of, he should have reported it with no hesitation... but he did not.

Unless Joe and his family were threaten, I cannot fathom why Joe refused to say anything.

DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:03 PM   #59
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Well we knew that was coming. Paterno fired.

This news conference is embarrassing. Are there only myopic idiots covering Penn State football? The reporters asking questions at the press conference are acting indignant that Paterno has been fired, while the entire rest of the country thinks this should have happened three days ago. Do these dudes live in a bubble? Do they not realize how bad they look?

Old 11-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #60
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

Just read that Paterno and Spanier got fired. Knew it was coming.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:18 PM   #61
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"

I don't think paterno should get special treatment because he's a legend. If this was so ho hum coach he would of been fired, probably even sooner. He knew about something, heard about something, Shoulda of called the police.

"After they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began"
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #62
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

They're rioting about this at Penn State now?

I heard someone on news earlier defending Paterno. The reporter asked how he'd feel if the boy had been his 10-year-old son. The guy said "Well, I wouldn't blame Joe..."

Old 11-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #63
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

I'm glad Penn State did the right thing by firing Paterno. Seriously, I wonder if the people living over there are residing in a bubble or something, from the way they treated this scandal like it's not a big deal.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #64
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

I've met and shook hands with Joe, he came to my high school to recruit our running back and met with our whole team, gave us a speech and pretty much showed himself to be what I thought he was.

However, there's no way Jim Tressel could be fired, essentially, over tattoos, while Joe Paterno dictates when he steps down. It's going to be spectacle Saturday regardless of whether he was there or not, but PSU did the right thing. Joe Paterno shouldn't be the focus here, we need to be grasping that there are real victims, and the sooner they rectified Joe's situation, the quicker they can start moving to ensure this never happens again

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #65
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post

I heard someone on news earlier defending Paterno. The reporter asked how he'd feel if the boy had been his 10-year-old son. The guy said "Well, I wouldn't blame Joe..."
I could definitely see them rioting over this. I don't agree with it but 18-22 year olds can be pretty stupid.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #66
DoomsdayApex
Ęzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Most of the students being interviewed are complete morons.

"Oh, what happened to Coach was a shame! He's done so much for the school! Yea, I feel bad for the victims but Coach didn't do anything too horrible!"

"He shouldn't be fired.., be-be-because he's been here for 61 years!"

Last edited by DoomsdayApex; 11-09-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:44 PM   #67
DoomsdayApex
Ęzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Anyone remember how the Penn State football team was accused of battery and rape a few years ago?

The victims were heckled and bullied out of town for christ's sake.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:56 PM   #68
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Anyone remember how the Penn State football team was accused of battery and rape a few years ago?

The victims were heckled and bullied out of town for christ's sake.
That's bad...

I saw a student double middle finger the camera on SportsCenter!!! Lol, FCC fine. Students flipped over news van...

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:49 AM   #69
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Mob mentality at its finest.

I don't give a damn about college football, PSU or Joe Paterno, I'm just trying to find out about the NBA Lockout and this weeks NFL games and I keep hearing about this crap. Did the guy know his couch was touching kids or not? Because from what I was seeing and hearing, he got fired for no reason.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:07 AM   #70
Ness
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
Mob mentality at its finest.

I don't give a damn about college football, PSU or Joe Paterno, I'm just trying to find out about the NBA Lockout and this weeks NFL games and I keep hearing about this crap. Did the guy know his couch was touching kids or not? Because from what I was seeing and hearing, he got fired for no reason.
You haven't been listening correctly then. He did know about it. He told the higher ups, but didn't puruse it and allowed the dude to remain on his staff for the next several years. Or rather, allowed him to be on campus being around other children still. He didn't follow up on it.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:10 AM   #71
Ness
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
Obviously Paterno bleeds Penn State. I think in his mind, he felt he was protecting Penn State and maybe he thought it was the right thing to do.
Tell that to the victim's families.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:13 AM   #72
Ness
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post

LOL do you have that clip? I want to see that stupid moron actually say that. Some of those students were stupid. You're going to back Joe Paterno when he knew that a child molester was lurking around his campus for nearly ten years and didn't do anything? I don't care if he donated money to a ******* library. Tell the victims that the library and Penn State football is more important. This isn't about a football legacy. It's about people and it's about doing the right thing.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:15 AM   #73
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
You haven't been listening correctly then. He did know about it. He told the higher ups, but didn't puruse it and allowed the dude to remain on his staff for the next several years. Or rather, allowed him to be on campus being around other children still. He didn't follow up on it.
Thanks for clearing that up.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:19 AM   #74
bullets
bang bang

Well the whole thing disgusts me , they're saying it might be more than eight victims. Paterno should of went to the police.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:22 AM   #75
Asgard
Kanga Fu

If anyone here or else where still believes Paterno did all that was required of him, then look at this situation in this light:

What if McQueary told Joe that he saw Sandusky "fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy" and that it was Joe's grandson being raped? What do you think Paterno wouldve done then? Do you think he would have waited a day before telling Tim Curley or do you think he would have found out the truth from Sandusky or his grandson and then alerted the police?

Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote