The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Old 11-10-2011, 01:26 AM   #76
Ness
Side-Kick

Default Re: Penn State/Jerry Sandusky Child Sex Scandal

Even if you back up Joe Paterno, rioting in the streets and holding a stupid pep rally isn't going to accomplish anything. That's just going to make things worse. This just comes off as an excuse for students to hang out and skip class. Give me a break.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:50 AM   #77
cyborg ninja 14
God, I love your accent

It was the right decision to fire Paterno and everyone else involved (oh wait, McQuery, the one guy who witnessed something is still on staff? Nevermind, mostly everyone involved.) It's not the easiest and fun decision to make, but it's the right one.

And let's be clear, Joe Pa is being subject to the media lynch mob, and it's not fair in terms of that he's just a cog in the machine that seemingly chose to ignore the possibility of child rape on school property/elsewhere. However, he is the public face of the University, and he's getting just criticism, but if you only judged by what you saw on ESPN, you'd think Paterno himself was the pedophile here. It's a sad and shameful way to end a long and successful career, but the decision for him to exit on his own terms was taken away from him the second this scandal broke.

And yes, congratulations Penn State students, acting like idiotic hooligans for no reason.

cyborg ninja 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:51 AM   #78
Ness
Side-Kick

I like how everyone is throwing a fiesta on his front lawn.

"Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims first and foremost. WHO ARE WE!!!??? PENN STATE!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!".

I don't like Jim Rome that much, but he burned his ass good on his show today. Take a listen at the first few minutes:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7213646&s=espn

Old 11-10-2011, 04:23 AM   #79
SentinelMind
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurka View Post
Exactly, McQueary was the one who actually witnessed it, and did nothing about stopping it, or calling the police. Then when he went to Paterno a day later and didn't state exactly what he saw, only that Sandusky was showering with a 10 year old boy.
Are you sure that's what McQueary reported or that's what the higher-ups claim that was what he reported to them. Be mindful of conflicted testimony based on conflict of interest.

SentinelMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:41 AM   #80
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Paterno told the grand jury that McQueary told him that he saw Sandusky fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy. Paterno then waited an entire dat to talk to Tim Curley about the incident and I guess washed his hands of the prob.

Its easy to see how ****ed up Paterno's actions were if you can imagine what he wouldve done had he been told that it was his own grandson being fondled/raped.

Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:37 AM   #81
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Tell that to the victim's families.
I didn't say it was right just trying to fathom what his explanation was about either him turning a blind eye or his inaction during all the events.

But I think letting him go was the right thing to do. He didn't deserve to retire with dignity.

Last edited by Erzengel; 11-10-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Erzengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:34 AM   #82
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Paterno told the grand jury that McQueary told him that he saw Sandusky fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy. Paterno then waited an entire dat to talk to Tim Curley about the incident and I guess washed his hands of the prob.
Is this based on some real evidence?

Because Yurka made claims throughout the early stages of this thread that we didn't know "exactly" what McQueary told Joe... though what you state is clear enough...

Haha... I bet we won't see Yurka in this thread for a bit... lol

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #83
Poeman
Banned User

This was the right thing to do for the school and the victims.

Joe Pa is not bigger then the university.

Poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:20 AM   #84
ih8nyy
Side-Kick

If anyone hasn't seen >>>>this article<<<< , click on it and give it a read.

Keep in mind this was written 7 months ago.

Update!!!

The guy that wrote that article, Mark Madden just said on WEEI in Boston that reports are coming that Sandusky & his Second Mile foundation pimped out young boys to rich donors. WTF!

01', 03', 04', 04', 07', 08', 11', 13'
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by ih8nyy; 11-10-2011 at 08:56 AM.
ih8nyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #85
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

No I don't really know much about the specifics in the details and I'm not a big college football fan, but I gotta say that this is a crappy way to go out. Everytime I heard something about Peterno on Sportscenter, it was either about him breaking some record or some kind of health issue, and each time, I kept thinking that this has to be it for him. But it seemed clear that he wasn't willing to leave, so it really sucks to hear him be forced out like this.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:17 AM   #86
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
I could definitely see them rioting over this. I don't agree with it but 18-22 year olds can be pretty stupid.
Wait until they have children of their own and they look back on this. Most of them will figure out what was so wrong about this.

Sandusky was apparently allowed to have a parking space and access to the facilities even after he left the university. That's unbelievable.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:41 AM   #87
OsGom
Mind-Taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post

Its easy to see how ****ed up Paterno's actions were if you can imagine what he wouldve done had he been told that it was his own grandson being fondled/raped.
This is huge!

If what you're saying is true, should Paterno be charged in this situation? Failing to report child abuse?

Old 11-10-2011, 09:41 AM   #88
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Wait until they have children of their own and they look back on this. Most of them will figure out what was so wrong about this.
I hate them right now though. None of the rioters are thinking about the kids who were harmed. All of them are just thinking about some old man (who has been vilified a little too much by the media as he doesn't run the university but he is the public face so tough cookies) who won a bunch of silly college football games.

Those rioters aught to be ashamed of themselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Sandusky was apparently allowed to have a parking space and access to the facilities even after he left the university. That's unbelievable.
Just disgusting. He is innocent until proven guilty of course but once he was suspected he should have not been allowed to have a run of the place until a trail.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #89
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurka View Post
Because he didn't know there was a kid being raped, all he was told was Sandusky was in the shower with a boy. This is the difference in this whole situation.
Sandusky shouldn't have been in the shower with a boy at all.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #90
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
Is this based on some real evidence?

Because Yurka made claims throughout the early stages of this thread that we didn't know "exactly" what McQueary told Joe... though what you state is clear enough...

Haha... I bet we won't see Yurka in this thread for a bit... lol

It's in the grand jury report: (page 7)

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...resentment.pdf

I wouldnt be eating anything when you read it. Paterno testified that McQueary told him something of a sexual nature was going on. It was the AD, Curley, who was apparently lying through his teeth and now faces perjury charges, that said McQueary didnt saying it was anything sexual.

I also dont understand the fervor towards McQueary at this point? The guy was a lowly grad assistant at the time who went and told Paterno about what he saw. He went and told the head of the program and the face of the university, and a week later met with the AD. How do these people try to use that to somehow justify Paterno's lack of action?

Last edited by The Incredible Hulk; 11-10-2011 at 10:22 AM.
The Incredible Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #91
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
LOL do you have that clip? I want to see that stupid moron actually say that. Some of those students were stupid. You're going to back Joe Paterno when he knew that a child molester was lurking around his campus for nearly ten years and didn't do anything? I don't care if he donated money to a ******* library. Tell the victims that the library and Penn State football is more important. This isn't about a football legacy. It's about people and it's about doing the right thing.
Yeah, those students are moronic and delusional. They don't realize that this is way bigger than their football program, because it involved underage boys being molested or worst. These students are the worst examples of the so-called "higher education".

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #92
samsnee
Side-Kick

The actions of the rioters disgust me, but I have a feeling some of them view the riots as no different than going crazy after a big win.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #93
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

The guy was 28 when he saw the kid being assaulted so he wasn't some kid. I'm a 27 year old woman and I would have yelled at the guy to stop at least and then called the cops.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #94
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8nyy View Post
If anyone hasn't seen >>>>this article<<<< , click on it and give it a read.

Keep in mind this was written 7 months ago.

Update!!!

The guy that wrote that article, Mark Madden just said on WEEI in Boston that reports are coming that Sandusky & his Second Mile foundation pimped out young boys to rich donors. WTF!
Nevermind Joe and the Penn State rioters for a second, Jesus...

That's a goddamn abomination. A f**king atrocity. The Second Mile Foundation pimped out young children to wealthy donors????

Nothing of this nature surprises me but it vexes me beyond belief. These kids trusted the foundation and, in turn, were raped and/or molested.

Another dark day for humanity...

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:51 AM   #95
OsGom
Mind-Taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk View Post
I also dont understand the fervor towards McQueary at this point? The guy was a lowly grad assistant at the time who went and told Paterno about what he saw. He went and told the head of the program and the face of the university, and a week later met with the AD. How do these people try to use that to somehow justify Paterno's lack of action?
I understand what you're saying, however, most people witnessing a young boy being sodomized, I would hope, would take immediate action and stomp the pervert into dust. Or at least called the police in addition to going to Paterno. Why didn't he at least speak out when nothing happened to Sandusky?

Yes, he was only a grad assistant but he stayed with the program for a decade after witnessing a rape that was swept under the carpet. One can't help but speculate, now that he is an assistant coach, that his silence might have been bought with promotions within the organization.

The whole thing just smells rotten to me.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:53 AM   #96
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
The guy was 28 when he saw the kid being assaulted so he wasn't some kid. I'm a 27 year old woman and I would have yelled at the guy to stop at least and then called the cops.
Someone on another forum I read pointed out that these "kids" are old enough to vote and pick up a gun and defend their country, so they should be grown up enough to understand that covering up an act as vile a child molestation is wrong.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #97
Ness
Side-Kick

Rioting because a football coach got fired is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:03 AM   #98
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Quote:
Rioting because a football coach got fired is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.
But he's bigger than Jesus...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:04 AM   #99
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

I think McQueary is getting a free ride from the press right now; he was the actual witness to the thing, yet the central question unfairly dominating the public discourse is why Paterno didn't go to the police with the second-hand allegations. The media seems to be ignoring the obvious question of why McQueary didn't go to the police himself; it seems to me he's as guilty of doing exactly what Paterno is being crucified for; passing the buck to the next highest level in leadership, and walking away whistling with your hands in your pockets.

That stated, Paterno is being classless about this whole thing, deserves to be fired, and the Penn state students wasting their school hours protesting and rioting over this should be expelled just for sheer stupidity.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #100
Ness
Side-Kick

Oh and Mike McQueary is still coaching this weekend? Is anyone really in charge at Penn State?