The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 01-06-2012, 05:20 AM   #1
ed_coleman

Default Dark Knight paper research - Fan behaviours and Pilgrimage

Hi everyone,

I hope nobody minds me posting this here. My name is Ed Coleman and I am a film studies student studying in the UK. I am working on a paper about fan behaviour, specifically fan pilgrimages - people who travel to locations that are signigficant or relevant to a text, whether that is a book, film of whatever. I am very interested to hear from anyone who has visited any locations featured in any of the Batman films, while they were being shot or after the film came out. If this is you and you want to talk about your experience and Dark Knight fandom, please email me at edcoleman20@gmail.com!

Alternatively I have created a survey that anyone wishing to do so can complete here:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/838LQPS

The survey only offers the opportunity for superficial responses, but it does give a reasonable idea of the types of things I would like to find out. Ideally respondents will contact me directly.

There is no ulterior motive here or big company involvement - I just need first hand data to research for my paper.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide in my research, I look forward to hearing from some of you!

Kind Regards,

Ed Coleman

Researcher
Kingston University

ed_coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #2
Morg
Hayden addict
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Dark Knight paper research - Fan behaviours and Pilgrimage

*bump* to see if this helps you Ed

Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Default Re: Dark Knight paper research - Fan behaviours and Pilgrimage

hey i wanted to apply to kingston myself

i'll participate in the survey -- do post the paper here for us to see when you're done. and good luck.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote