Oooh! Things are getting interesting!

Shockdingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #352
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Default Re: The Official NEW Scarlet Spider series staring Kaine thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I haven't read a lot of comics in a while. Is Scarlet Spider worth reading?
YES!!!!

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #353
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
I haven't read a lot of comics in a while. Is Scarlet Spider worth reading?
IMO it's the best book Marvel is putting out right now.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #354
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

Ben Reilly returning? Lol we've been down this road a couple times. I trust Yost, but I'll believe that when I hold the comic in my hands.

JJJ's Ulcer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #355
JJJ's Ulcer

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced this will be some kind of fake-out (flashback, hallucination, dream, someone else using his name, robot-replica, etc) like Marvel has done countless times in the past whenever they've teased Reilly's return before. I don't think the REAL blonde-haired Ben Reilly who took a goblin-glider in the back and degenerated into dust in 1996 is coming back. Especially considering Wacker and Quesada don't even like him.

"My mum always said 'if someone doesn't like you, **** 'em. They've got bad taste.'" ~ Bob Hoskins on confidence.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #356
Nathan

Ok, I read the comic and enjoyed it immensely. Enjoy the humor and love the supporting cast. The swear jar and Aracely were just the best. And it's nice to see a superhero not treat criminals with kid gloves. And I have never read how Kaine got healed or received his new abilities, but the stingers fit him a lot more than they did Peter. I definitely don't regret reading this.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #357
Themanofbat

Quote:
Ok, I read the comic and enjoyed it immensely. Enjoy the humor and love the supporting cast. The swear jar and Aracely were just the best. And it's nice to see a superhero not treat criminals with kid gloves. And I have never read how Kaine got healed or received his new abilities, but the stingers fit him a lot more than they did Peter. I definitely don't regret reading this.
Kaine was healed during Spider-Island... you can probably get it in trade... it's a fun read...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Old 05-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #358
ben_reilly_s_s
Side-Kick

So after reading the Interview between Newsarama and Yost over at Marvel.com I know what the last page twist will be!

It makes me VERY sad!

Here is the Interview:
Quote:
The Scarlet pride of Houston makes his way back to the Big Apple this summer.

In August, writer Christopher Yost returns Kaine Parker to the streets of New York City in a two-part story called Sibling Rivalry, playing across SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN TEAM UP #2 and SCARLET SPIDER #20. The story sees the prodigal webslinger checking in on the man he believes to be his “brother,” Peter Parker; however, we know that Doctor Octopus, a man once killed by Kaine, has seized control of Peter’s body as the Superior Spider-Man.

Making matters even more complicated, the Jackal, Kaine's maker, will appear with a purpose yet to be revealed.

To learn more, Marvel.com spoke with Yost about what fans can expect from the Superior crossover, and how things will never be the same for the Scarlet Spider again.

Marvel.com: Kaine has been fighting crime and saving the day in Houston for quite a while now. What brings him back to New York?

Christopher Yost: A couple of different things. In the story just previous to this, the Assassin's Guild had come after Kaine and his friends in Houston, forcing him to [agree to] kill Wolverine. So the Scarlet Spider goes up to the Jean Grey School in upstate New York to handle that business. Once that story wraps up, he decides to check in on his "brother," Peter Parker [the man Kaine was cloned from], because he had seen on the news all of that stuff about Spider-Man taking out Screwball and Jester in SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #6, just violently beating up these two fairly harmless villains. He decides he's going to check in. It's been a while since Kaine's talked to Peter, so he decides to see what's happening there.
Scarlet Spider #20 cover by Ryan Stegman

Marvel.com: We know that it's actually Doc Ock swinging around as Spider-Man, wearing Peter's face as a mask of sorts. Up to now, he's done an admirable job avoiding detection, even if he's had his close calls. But if anyone can sniff him out, Kaine could easily be the guy to do it. On top of that, Ock has history with Kaine; he has a score to settle. When these two collide, can we expect to see their true colors emerge fairly quickly?

Christopher Yost: You might! I would say within the first five pages of them meeting, the Superior Spider-Man throws Kaine out a window. So… [Laughs] But you're right. Up until now, Ock has done pretty well at hiding in Spider-Man's skin. No one has caught wind of it. Everybody knows something's different, but it's more like an attitude change, or an evolution in thinking. "He's grown up! He's tougher!" But with Kaine—Ock and Kaine do have a history. I think for the first time, you're going to see something very different out of the Superior Spider-Man.

Marvel.com: There are more than a few threads in common between Kaine and the Superior Spider-Man. But one of the threads I find most interesting is that these are two people who are not traditionally thought of as heroes, but are now attempting to be so. Whether or not that's working out, that's another story. Is that part of the appeal to you, that Kaine and Ock are both trying to be good guys, against all odds?

Scarlet Spider

Christopher Yost: Absolutely. As much as Ock is living a lie here, as much as he is a villain, based on what Peter Parker did to him—by giving him his memories and experiences, everything he learned—Ock really is trying to be a hero. He's just doing it in the most super-villainy way possible. And Kane, he was a super-villain and was a killer. He had a horrible life where he tormented and hurt people. Now he has a second chance at life, and now he's trying to be a hero. You have these two people who, at their core, were pretty bad people, and now they're trying to act like heroes—and basically failing. And in this instance? They're both going to fail pretty badly.

Marvel.com: We also know that Jackal has a role in Sibling Rivalry. What can you tell us about the part he plays in this?

Christopher Yost: The Jackal interrupts this great confrontation between the Spiders. In AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #16, you saw that he's up to something. He raided Mister Sinister's genetic warehouse and he created some kind of mutant-spider hybrid. This is the next step of that plan. He's coming after Spider-Man for mysterious reasons.

Marvel.com: Houston has been the home of SCARLET SPIDER for quite a while now. Now, Kaine's back on the streets of New York. How does that return to NYC affect Kaine?

Christopher Yost: It's kind of fun. In a sense, Spider-Man is New York. New York is such a big part of Spider-Man as a character. But it's fun to have the Scarlet Spider in New York, because he hates New York. Nothing good has ever happened to him there. It's a reminder of why he left. Once again, he's going to New York, and some monumentally bad things are going to happen. This experience won't change his mind about the Big Apple.
Spider-Man

Marvel.com: Looking even further down the line, the solicitation for SCARLET SPIDER #21 promises that "everything has changed for Kaine" following the events of Sibling Rivalry, and that he's about to cross paths with none other than Ben Reilly. What more can you say about what the end of this story means for SCARLET SPIDER going forward?

Christopher Yost: The last page of Sibling Rivalry really changes the game for Kaine. Something happens—I mean the entire series is based on the fact that this is a guy who has a second chance at life. Sometimes, second chances can be taken away. This is where SCARLET SPIDER has been building to for basically the entire series. You're going to see everything kind of implode. You think you've seen bad things in Kaine before? You haven't seen anything yet.
Here is what will happen to Kaine:
Kaine's
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Degeneration will come back
!

I think that's the only thing it can be....

My 3DS friend code: 2492-4192-0317
My XboX GamerTag: KaineKinetic
ben_reilly_s_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #359
Thwip!
Side-Kick

Or Ben comes back and reclaims the title when Kaine dies

Old 05-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #360
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_reilly_s_s View Post
Here is what will happen to Kaine:
Kaine's
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Degeneration will come back
!

I think that's the only thing it can be....
That would be really disappointing. I finally found a great comic book again, would suck if Kaine doesn't stay in the tights and gets all grumpy again.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:26 AM   #361
JJJ's Ulcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwip! View Post
Or Ben comes back and reclaims the title when Kaine dies
I highly doubt they'll kill Kaine unless its the final issue of the series or it's temporary like in that recent Lobo brothers issue. Besides killing him would be so cliched by now. By my count it'd be the 4th time he "died" (Maximum Clonage, Grim Hunt and the Lobo brothers arc being the other 3).

"My mum always said 'if someone doesn't like you, **** 'em. They've got bad taste.'" ~ Bob Hoskins on confidence.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #362
Thwip!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
I highly doubt they'll kill Kaine unless its the final issue of the series or it's temporary like in that recent Lobo brothers issue. Besides killing him would be so cliched by now. By my count it'd be the 4th time he "died" (Maximum Clonage, Grim Hunt and the Lobo brothers arc being the other 3).
Oh I know, twas meant in jest

Old 05-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #363
AgentEnforcer
misses Ben Reilly.

When will we see the solicit for Scarlet Spider 21?

The Ben Reilly Tribute - Best Ben Reilly Resource on the web!
AgentEnforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #364
JJJ's Ulcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentEnforcer View Post
When will we see the solicit for Scarlet Spider 21?
Around mid-June. Pretty much in one month since the solicits for August were just released. Solicits are always issued 3 months before a book hits the stands and SS #21 is coming out in September.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #365
Ultra Magnus
Autobot City Commander

I really don't think that they will kill Kaine, replace him or revert his status.

September is also the month when Spider-Man 2099 comes to Superiour Spider-Man. And Slott has hinted in more than one interview that the appearance of younger and older X-Men in Age of Ultron might be connected. So something will be happening to the space time continuum, that's my guess.
And maybe this is how Kaine will meet Ben Reilly.

As much as I loved Ben Reilly, he is dead for so long and Kaine as Scarlet Spider turned out to be a great book. So I rather have it stay the way it is.

The big twist could be anything:

- Annabelle not being who she says
- Ben giving Kaine his blessing
- something connected with "The Other".

I could think of so many twists, I really don't think it is the degeneration.
By now Kaine has too many fans to just get rid of him again.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #366
Ultra Magnus
Autobot City Commander

Oh no, seems my predictions were not that good...

SCARLET SPIDER #20 & 21
CHRISTOPHER YOST (W) • CARLO BARBERI (A)
CoverS by RYAN STEGMAN
Issue #20 –
SIBLING RIVALRY -- PART TWO!
• Scarlet Spider has come to New York City to check on his ‘brother’ Spider-Man! But their reunion has been interrupted by an army of mutant spider-clones!
• Can Spider-Man and Kaine put aside their differences to deal with the Jackal?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
Issue #21 –
INTO THE GRAVE PART 1 (of 3)
• After last issue’s shocking ending, everything has changed for Kaine. His second chance at life is over.
• At his lowest point, he comes face to face with the one man that’s fueled his obsession, hate and guilt his entire life... BEN REILLY.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Old 05-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #367
ben_reilly_s_s
Side-Kick

It's starting to sound more and more like his Degeneration is returning.

Also......
BEN REILLY!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, but Ben and Kaine made their peace at the End of Spider-Man:Redemption.... so what gives....
Kaine now knows that Ben is "not" the Original, and that Pete is.... That's why he hated Ben for so long, because Pete was what he could never be, "A sucessful Clone, with a real life, and a chance at true happiness."

Old 05-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #368
Themanofbat

I'm wondering... since we're seeing new characters pop up from other companies at the end of AoU... I know we've only heard about Angela, but I'm betting it'll be a great place for MarvelMan to show up... could this be a misplaced Ben Reilly from an alternate Universe where he's still alive? Or the real Ben Reilly... plucked from the past... we have original X-Men running around...

Though if it's really Ben Reilly, then what purpose does kaine have anymore?

Last edited by Themanofbat; 05-17-2013 at 08:57 AM. Reason: me bad speller...
Old 05-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #369
JJJ's Ulcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
I'm wondering... since we're seeing new characters pop up from other companies at the end of AoU... I know we've only heard about Angela, but I'm betting it'll be a great place for MarvelMan to show up... could this be a misplaced Ben Reiley from an alternate Universe where he's still alive? Or the real Ben Reiley... plucked from the past... we have original X-Men running around...

Though if it's really Ben Reiley, then what purpose does kaine have anymore?

Sorry but you stumbled on a pet-peeve of mine; people who misspell Reilly. It'd be like if I continually referred to Peter Parrkur. And I don't see why Kaine couldn't co-exist with Reilly. He did so for two years during the clone-saga. But it's a moot point. I'm highly skeptical Reilly is coming back for anything more than one or two issues (and he won't be the real Reilly, but from a hallucination or alternate universe or something along those lines).

Old 05-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #370
ben_reilly_s_s
Side-Kick

Is it just me or am I mis-remembering?
I thought Kaine had the Memories of Ben/Peter, not all the up to issue 149, but to about 130ish....

Old 05-17-2013, 12:22 AM   #371
JJJ's Ulcer

Quote:
I thought Kaine had the Memories of Ben/Peter, not all the up to issue 149, but to about 130ish....
I don't believe so.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #372
Ultra Magnus
Autobot City Commander

Quote:
I remember the same thing. Kaine knew Aunt May, when he and Mary Jane were talking to each other at Aunt May's house, when Peter was in Jail.

So I'm thinking he has at least some of Peter's memories.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:31 AM   #373
ben_reilly_s_s
Side-Kick

I gotta go and find my Power & Responsibility issues and read the Back-up stories...

Old 05-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #374
Themanofbat

Quote:
Sorry but you stumbled on a pet-peeve of mine; people who misspell Reilly. It'd be like if I continually referred to Peter Parrkur. And I don't see why Kaine couldn't co-exist with Reilly. He did so for two years during the clone-saga. But it's a moot point. I'm highly skeptical Reilly is coming back for anything more than one or two issues (and he won't be the real Reilly, but from a hallucination or alternate universe or something along those lines).
The funny part is that I had two "l"'s originally, and then thought I was spelling it wrong, so I changed it so as to not upset the Reilly fans...

Old 05-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #375
SpideyInATree
Never Go Full Retard

Quote:
Ben Reilly returning? Lol we've been down this road a couple times. I trust Yost, but I'll believe that when I hold the comic in my hands.
Yeah, this. I'll believe it when I see it and it actually sticks around. Giggity.

http://www.glitchpoint.com

Check out their song Ignition
SpideyInATree is offline   Reply With Quote