The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Old 03-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #526
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

As cool as Sam Jackson is, mainstream Nick Fury's look is based off Dean ****ing Martin. There, end of story.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #527
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

fine! But no way do I post a pic of Hasslehoff!

John 3:16
MST3K 4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #528
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
As cool as Sam Jackson is, mainstream Nick Fury's look is based off Dean ****ing Martin. There, end of story.
Plus, you know...I already posted a picture of white Nick Fury earlier in the season...

No one reads my posts, do they?

Carnage27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #529
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Only the good ones... So, no.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #530
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Plus, you know...I already posted a picture of white Nick Fury earlier in the season...

No one reads my posts, do they?
We're a fairly literate bunch...so we don't pay attention to Graphics...we like to read paragraph after paragraph. Post a pic and you lose us.

John 3:16
MST3K 4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #531
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Sorry I've been MIA. Posts will be up tomorrow.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #532
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

I just beat Mass Effect 3, and on DC Universe Online the PvP Community is pretty dead with everyone trying to get the new Tier 4 plans and mats...so hopefully I can post more without other distractions.

Though, Dota2 is highly addictive.

trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #533
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Either do it or don't. I don't give a damn about your "reasons." :cmad"

Old 04-06-2012, 04:38 AM   #534
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

K. New house and baby were eating up most of my time but I'm back now and gonna put up a Gorgon post today (assuming you guys haven't kicked me out already).

As for Simon, what can I say? I don't really want to play him anymore. Any chance I can drop him and pick up, oh I don't know, Iron Man?

"Kneel before Zod!"
bkhedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:18 AM   #535
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Welcome back, bk!

Iron Man is available, yeah. Carnage has used him the most recently, having him join the recently-formed Ultimates. So just read some of his recent Cap stuff to know what's going on with Tony.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #536
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

Gorgon post is up and:

One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG

Character you would like to play: Tony Stark / Iron Man

Powers:
Tony possesses no superhuman powers. He is, however, a bonafide genius and one of the wealthiest men in the world.

Brief history of the character:
Tony Stark was a selfish, arrogant, heartless prick.

After the death of his parents when he was 21, Stark inherited Stark Enterprises and continued his father's work of weapons manufacturing.

While on a trip to Kahndaq, where he displayed Stark Enterprises' newest creation of mass destruction, Tony was abducted by the League of Assassins. Taken to an underground facility and held hostage, Tony was forced by the League and their leader, the mysterious Ra's Al Ghul, to create a weapon capable of wiping entire cities off the map.

With the help of his fellow prisoner, scientist Yinsen, Tony instead put together the prototype of his now world-famous Iron Man armor, allowing him to escape to League's base. The cost, however, was Yinsen's life.

Traveling back to the States, Tony has a new outlook on life. Having witnessed first-hand the horror of war and the horror wreaked by his creations, Tony disbanded the weapons manufacturing division of Stark Enterprises.

As Iron Man, the Golden Avenger, Tony seeks to right the wrongs of his past and, if he's lucky, redeem himself.

So, basically, he's a selfish, arrogant prick with a heart of gold.

Iron Man is now a founding member of Captain America's Ultimates.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: He's the only one of the big three I haven't played. I've always wanted to though and now I have the chance.

What are your plans with this character? Do you have a story: In development. I will be keeping the below from sensei's original character concept:

<Tony is seeking redemption. In his mind, no matter how many people he saves, he can not make up for the amount of death and destruction his creations have caused. But he's going to try. Even if it'll be the death of him, he's going to try. >

Beyond that I intend to explore Tony's womanizing and substance abuse and how he's a good guy trying to do the right thing, but he's just got too many personal demons to deal with. I also think it would be kind of fun to start building some tension between Tony and Cap about what the Ultimates stand for and what direction to take the team.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech:
Verdana, Red, for Tony. Fixedsys, Bold, for Iron Man.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as possible.

Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contains at least 1 line of dialogue):

"Heck of a speech Cap. They lapped it right up." Iron Man says "Now howzabout we all head on back to my place for a celebratory drink or two?"

Rogers gives him a sideways glance then says : "Quit joking around Tony, its only 1 in the afternoon and there's still plenty of work to do."

Tony frowns behind his faceplate and mutters "Who's joking?"

I guess Sentinels of Liberty don't need to unwind like the rest of us
He thought before turning to Thor and Diana.

"What about you Princess? Big Guy? Thirsty?"

Diana simply rolls her eyes at him but Tony barely notices. He's too busy staring at her chest and being thankful that she can't see through his face plate.

"Aye I am mortal." Thor's booming voice pulls his attention away from Diana "And I would gladly imbibe in whatever spirits you wish, but I am afraid I have other engagements.

Tony shrugged.

"Suit yourselves." He turned back to Cap and fired off a lazy, amatuerish salute "You know where to find me."

With that Iron Man activated his boot thrusters and shot into the sky like a rocket without waiting for a reply.

His damaged armor gleamed in the sunlight as he made a wide arc and shot towards Stark Tower.

Post a picture of your character:

"Kneel before Zod!"
Old 04-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #537
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Iron Man is APPROVED!

Old 04-20-2012, 04:15 AM   #538
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

I hope wiegeabo and Byrd don't have any problem with me taking liberties with the origin of the Chaste (as it affects their characters, though not much and more so DD than Bats) but if its a problem just let me know and I will edit.

"Kneel before Zod!"
Old 04-20-2012, 05:42 AM   #539
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

That was the Chaste in your last post? Damn you and your non-name dropping! But yeah, from what I read it works for me.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #540
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Third characters are now allowed. Because Byrd and I said so.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #541
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

**** yeah. Deal with it, *****es!

Old 04-22-2012, 04:39 PM   #542
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Character you would like to play: The Punisher/Frank Castle

Powers:
No powers, but to paraphrase Andy's joker, Frank is an artist when it comes to death and murder. He is a skilled marksman, strategist, and has an incredible pain threshold. And he has the means and access to the highest grade weaponry.

Frank Castle was born in raised in the Gotham suburbs. After high school, he married his sweetheart Marie and signed up for the Marine Corps. He and Maria had two children Lisa and Frank Jr.

Castle later joined Marine Special Operations Regiment, a special forces unit. Frank saw major combat in Afghanistan. On a routine mission in the Khyber Pass, Frank's entire squad were wiped out by a Taliban ambush. Frank, the sole survivor, proceeded to kill every Taliban soldier. Frank was wounded in the fight and sent home, awarded the Navy Cross for his actions and honorably discharged from the Corps.

A month after he was home, Frank and his family had a picnic in Gotham's Robinson Park. Unfortunately, they were there at the same time as a botched mob hit. Frank and his family were caught in the crossfire. Frank was wounded, his family was killed. The two assassins who were responsible for their deaths were acquitted by a corrupt judge and jury.

That was when Frank Castle ceased to exist. Taking what little money he had, Castle put it all into weapons, gear, and a safehouse and proceeded to wage a one man war against the Maroni Crime Family, the men behind the two assassins. Castle tore through the Maroni Family like tissue paper, running afoul of the Maronis, the GCPD, and Batman. After a fight with the Joker and Batman, Castle made his move on Maroni and killed him, but not before one final run in with the bat. Maroni dead and his organization wiped out, Castle stole five million dollars of their laundered money and hit the road. Now, he goes wherever he's needed. He is not an agent for justice or truth. Frank Castle deals in one absolute principle: the wicked should be punished.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character:
Punisher is da ****, son! He killz! FTW!

But no, I always found the character and his outlook on things interesting. I've been a fan of Ennis' Punisher Max run and Rucka's ongoing Punisher run, and I had fun writing him when I NPC'd him in my Batman story.

What are your plans with this character? Do you have a story:
I got plans, and I got at least an idea for a first arc.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Bold and Georgia

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:
Much as needed.

Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contains at least 1 line of dialogue):

El Paso, Texas

Police cars, ambulances, and fire trucks were gathered around the smoking hole in the Texas countryside.

"What the hell's down there?" Bert Bennett, El Paso County Sheriff, asked the firemen as they walked towards them.

"Bodies," one of the firemen said. "A half dozen of them at least. Looks like fire did 'em in, but I ain't sure. Also found burnt up guns, some half burned cash, and buncha coke and weed all burnt up."

Bennett shook his head. He knew the hole in the ground was one of those tunnels that ran under the border. The drug traffickers used them to smuggle narcotics, people, cash, and guns across the border.

"Accidental fire?" Bennett asked.

"Hell no," the fireman said. "I could see pour patterns leading out the tunnel. Somebody used a ****-ton of gas and burned them all."

"Hmm," Bennett said.

He was thinking about the cartel. The Juarez Boys did murder, that's true, but not like this. If they were going to kill, they wouldn't burn the tunnel with all that cash, guns, and drugs in them. Wouldn't be the work of another cartel though, they would have taken all that stuff before they burnt it up, too.

"Pardon me, Sheriff,"a voice said from behind. Bennett turned and saw a gray-haired man in a suit standing behind him, a cigarette in the man's mouth. "I think I know who did this..."

"Do you now, Mister?"

"Special Agent," the man said, pulling out an ID and showing the sheriff. "Special Agent King Faraday."

"Who are you with? It ain't the FBI..."

"The government is who I'm with, that's all you need to know... well, that and another piece of information. Tell me, Sheriff, are you familiar with the name Frank Castle?"

Juarez, Mexico
3 Miles South

Felipe Sanchez and Roberto Martinez were parked on the street of Vincente Guerrero Boulevard. They were inside their dark SUV, doing final checks and preparations on their guns. Sanchez had an Uzi, Martinez had an automatic shotgun.

Both men were enforces for the Juarez Cartel, and they had orders tonight to kill Judge Juan Lopez. Lopez was inside a bar on the other side of the street from where Sancez and Martinez sat. As soon as he came out, they'd follow him home and then kill him.

<What does this man, Lopez, look like?> Martinez asked in Spanish.

<He's a judge,> Sanchez said with a shrug.

<So, old and fat?>

<Pretty much.>

The two men continue to chatter and talk, all the while keeping their eyes peeled on the bar across the street. While they watched the bar, an unseen figured crept under their car and placed a square object right on the car's fuel tank.
<There he is,> Sanchez said twenty minutes later. A short, middle aged man was walking out the bar with his hands in his pocket.

Martinez was opening the door of the car when Sanchez grabbed his hand to stop him.

<No. We follow him home and do it there. Those are our orders.>

Judge Lopez's car was pulling out into the street. Sanchez waited a few seconds before cranking the SUV and pulling out into the street. Once he was in the street, a figure down the block pressed a button on the remote control in his hands.

BOOOOM!

The SUV went up in a fiery explosion, flipping the car in the air before the husk slammed to the street. The few bystanders in the street ran, all except one. One man walked towards the fire. He ignored the horrible smells of burning flesh, hair, and fat. He had gotten used to that smell a long time ago.

Martinez was still alive, screaming at the top of his lungs as the flames burned him alive. As he died, he looked through the fire and saw the figure standing there, watching him.

"Burn in hell."

Old 04-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #543
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Old 04-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #544
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

Character you would like to play: Dr. Donald Blake/Thor Odinson

Powers:
Blake has no powers, but is a trained physician. Thor has super strength, durability, and his hammer Mjolnir Thor can fly, travel between dimensions, and manipulate the weather.

Thor Odinson, the God of Thunder, was born thousands of years ago to the All-Father Odin and declared heir to Odin's throne. Thor and his adopted brother Loki were children when Asgard and neighboring realm New Genesis went to war with the forces of Apokolips. A truce was reached between Highfather, the ruler of New Genesis, and Apokolips' ruler Darkseid. Both Thor and Loki were present at the peace declaration, when Highfather and Darkseid exchanged sons as a sign of friendship, the infant Scott Free went to Apokolips while baby Orin went to New Genesis.

Peace between Asgard and its nine realms and the Fourth World lasted for countless years. Thor grew, becoming a fierce warrior known all throughout Asgard, Midgard, and the Fourth World. He had countless adventures with Loki, the Warriors Three, the New Gods, and the Amazons of Themyscira. With each passing year, Thor grew more headstrong and cocky.

Roughly thirty Earth years ago, Apokolips broke their truce with New Genesis. Odin remained neutral and commanded all of Asgard's forces to remain so as well. Thor, refusing to heed Odin's advice, struck out from Asgard and ventured to Apokolips with Orin, the warrior Sif, and Loki. Together, the four drove back Darkseid's forces and were charging to Darkseid when Odin intervened, pulling the Asgardians out of the fight. Peace was finally reached between the three realms, but Odin's punishment for Thor was severe. He was cast out of Asgard and sent to Earth to learn humility, his hammer Mjolnir tossed down to Earth as well. Thor's soul and spirit were placed inside the fetus of a pregnant woman in New York. Nine months later, a baby boy named Donald Blake was born.

Blake grew up, Thor's memories buried deep into his subconscious. He was involved in a car wreck in college that damaged his leg and left him with a limp. Blake eventually became a doctor and now works as a general practitioner at Lennox Hill Hospital in Manhattan.

Thor is my favorite comic book character. You said we could have three. So I'm gonna have three.

What are your plans with this character? Do you have a story:Yes.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech:
Trebuchet and gray for Blake. Bold it for Thor.

Much as needed.

The Horn of Africa, 6500 feet above sea level.

The air is cold here, and heavy with moisture. On most days this bounty would simply drift away on the air currents, depriving the parched lands below of desperately needed rain. But this is not most days.

For hidden from the eyes of those below, amidst the thick cloud cover, is Thor, God of Thunder. The Thunderer raises his mystic mallet over head and sets to spinning it long, purposeful motions that start slowly, but quickly begin to increase in both speed and intensity. Mjolnir begins to glow with energy. The glow is mirrored in Thor's eyes as the Thunderer focuses his godly will through his weapon, which amplifies that will and makes it manifest around him in the form of thunder, lightning and finally, heavy, life giving rain. This is only the beginning of a massive rainfall which quickly spreads across eastern Africa to cover parts of five countries.

Satisfied with his work, Thor relaxes and allows an easy smile to form on his face. The millions below did not pray to him for salvation, but that had never been a prerequisite for helping someone as far as he was concerned.

He lingers for a moment, relishing the feeling of the wind whipping around him and the rain washing over him, then wills himself upwards, above the clouds, and higher still until he is at the very edge of Earth's atmosphere. From here he intends to hurl his mallet in the direction of North America and return to his duties as Doctor Donald Blake in short order by taking advantage of the Earth's rotation to shorten his journey.

Thor raises Mjolnir behind his ear and prepares to launch the hammer when he spots something out of the corner of his eye. Curious, he lowers the mallet and focuses on the distant object, flashing conspicuously in the darkness of the void.

The object grows larger, closer and it is quickly clear that it is heading towards Earth at incredible speed. Another flash, then another and suddenly the object is close enough that Thor can see it in detail.

A ship of some kind.

In an instant the ship has passed Thor and is penetrating the Earth's atmosphere heading in the direction of the American east coast. The ship's descent slows as it does so. Preventing it from burning up on entry and showing Thor that it is being driven by some kind of intelligence and is not simply out of control.

The ship passes the cloud cover with Thor in hot pursuit when two US fighter jets appear on the horizon, moving to intercept the unknown craft.

Thor and the ship race past the jets who then bank sharply to pursue. The jets' sudden arrival causes Thor to intensify his pursuit. He does not know what protocols the pilots will be following and he can't risk putting them in harm's way. That means he needs to reach the ship now and discover its intent.

Surging forward, Thor reaches the ship and grabs hold of its rear in a vice grip. Thor tugs against the ship, testing its strength, and its frame groans loudly, making him ease off slightly. He does not want to destroy it. At least not until it has given him a good reason to.

With the alien ship is still descending, Thor now hurls Mjolnir on an opposite trajectory, out to sea and away from the US mainland. The two fighters stay close and are streaking by overhead when the alien ship crashes into the Atlantic. The collision sends plumes of water and steam into the air as both Thor and the ship disappear under the surface, before reappearing again with Thor hoisting the alien ship out of the water. Thor is surprised to find that the ship floats and he releases it, allowing it to settle on the rapidly calming water. He allows himself to descend and lands first with one foot, then the other, testing to make sure that his weight will not send the ship sinking.

Thor scans the visible surface of the alien vessel, looking for anything that might indicate hostility. Finding nothing, he waves to the fighter pilots reassuringly. He then lowers himself on to one knee and raps on the surface of the ship with his knuckles.

"Ho in there!" He calls "Do you need assistance?"

[/QUOTE]

"Kneel before Zod!"
Old 04-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #545
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

You playing Thor?! Stop the presses!

APPROVED!

Old 04-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #546
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Nice. We have Cap, Thor, and Iron Man. Bk, expect a PM from me once I stop being a lazy jackass for some Ultimates planning.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #547
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Character you would like to play: Hal Jordan/Green Lantern

Powers:
Hal has no powers of his own, but he has been bestowed with a Green Lantern Corps ring. The ring gives him the ability to project force fields, super strength, flight, near invulnerability, and the power to project his willpower into energy constructs among other powers.

Hal Jordan was the son of a test pilot for Ferris Aircraft. Hal idolized his father, and was horrified as he watched his father die in a plane crash. After that, Hal joined the Air Force at the age of 18.

Brash, arrogant, and reckless as he was, Jordan rose through the ranks to become one of the force's best fighter pilots. That is, until he was chosen by the dying Abin Sur's power ring to become the first Green Lantern from Earth.

He now patrols Sector 2814 as a Green Lantern.

The GL Corps have always been underused in these games, and I want to change that.

What are your plans with this character? Do you have a story:
I want to incorporate the cosmic universe of Marvel into the GL corps.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Comic Sans

As many as needed

I float above Oa, having been called in by the Guardians yet again for what's undoubtedly going to be a worthless meeting. Sinestro has apparently requested my presence here this time, so maybe it won't be a complete waste.

"Well, here we go."

I take off towards the planet's surfcae flying through the green energy and passing past the other members of the corps towards the Guardians' Chamber.

"Lantern Jordan," Sinestro commanding voice says from just outside. "I'm glad to see you made it."

"Wouldn't miss it for the world. Shall we?" I return his icy stare.

"Let's."

Old 04-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #548
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Pulling off multi-game approvals.

GL is APPROVED!

Old 04-25-2012, 02:21 AM   #549
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

Sounds good Carnage. In the meantime Thor is going to be up to something that might be up GL's alley. Just keep watching my posts

"Kneel before Zod!"
Old 04-25-2012, 05:48 AM   #550
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

So we managed to hit 500 posts in just under five months. Holy ****, that's a pretty awesome achievement. So, Carnage and I figured we'd try and do some awards since we hit the milestone.

Best Hero:

Best Villain:

Best Character Development:

Best Solo Arc:

Best Multi-PC Story Arc:

Best Fight:

Best Post:

MVP:

Big props to everyone who got us to this point so far. I'll have mine up in a few hours.