The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Old 08-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #726
DarkHellRider
Side-Kick

Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

so I posted in the nuff said rpg but i figured Id post here as well Im looking to play ghost rider didnt see that he was taking just wanted to verify before i do anything

Old 08-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #727
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

GR is free in both RPGs. So, you're good to go.

Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #728
DarkHellRider
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
GR is free in both RPGs. So, you're good to go.
Cool, lets hope I can bring him justice after the failing of his last movie

Old 08-19-2012, 08:15 AM   #729
DarkHellRider
Side-Kick

One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG

Character you would like to play:
Ghost Rider

Powers:
Super human strength and durability, able to mentally control the actions of hellfire chain, able to create a cycle made of hellfire or transform anything into a hellfire vehicle. Penance stare causes the enemy to feel any pain that he/she has caused a hundred fold. Hellfire manipulation can burn the soul also act as real fire.

Brief history of the character:
Johnny blaze was raised in a circus by his father to be a stunt biker, at a young age his father is killed doing a stunt. JOhnny then is adopted by freinds of the family and fellow stungt biker crash simpson. where he meetes roxanne crashs daughter and love of his life. over the years johnny become one the best stunt men at the circus behind cras simpson. one day johnny finds out that crash has cancer and not ready to lose this father too he turns to the occult and summons mephisto where he proceeds to sell his sould to him in turn to save Crash's life from cancer. Crashs cancer is cured for him only to die a few days later in a bike stunt. johnny calls the devil on this and is told that he saved him from his cancer so the contract was valid. mephisto proceeds to tell johnny that he will now work for him doing his dirty work. so it went that way for a few years. johnny the whole time trrying to rid himself of the curse. eventuall he does but gets it back shortly after his brother loses it. after being tricked to hell and escaping bringing the devil by a trick by the devil. johnnhy proceeds to defeat each piece of mephisto sending him back to hell. after that is said and done johnny finds his brother again with new ghost rider powers given to him by and angel this is where johnny finds out that the power is a work of heaven not hell thats he's been jerked around by boht sides for years. johhny and daniel eventually team up to go to heaven and stop the angel zadkial from trying to take heaven from god. they succeed and are sent back with their powers to earth where they ride of speratly into the sunset.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character:
He is someone that can trade punches with almost anyone in the marvel universe has worked with but a small percentage of the marvel universe. Some will know who he is and what he's about while others will not know what to expect from him when they see him. This can be good for quick fights or simple game drama.

What are your plans with this character? Do you have a story: I plan to pick him up shortly after the fight in heaven against zadkial basically him just trying to come to terms with all that he is. Maybe down the road bring in Dan ketch for a team up.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech:
dark red bold for ghost riderplain dark red for Johnny

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:
At least once a day

Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contains at least 1 line of dialogue):
Walk the line by Johnny cash plays on bedside radio in a half rundown motel. The sun is just barely rising in the distance but Johnny has been awake for two hours already having been awoken by the nightmares the have never seem to go away. Johnny sits on the edge of the bed reliving the same sad thoughts he’s thought about since his fight against zadkial, thoughts of his family his friends his victory’s his defeats. Song switches to Devil Went Down to Georgia. Johnny rises to his feet a little unsteadily sporting a massive hangover from the night before of hard drinking to get but a small reprieve from the thoughts that plague him. Radio begins to crackle as reception come and goes on the old alarm clock.
“Shut up darn radio” Johnny picks up the radio and tosses it at the wall breaking it. “Well they will try to charge me for that to bad I’ll be long gone, hate staying in places for the long darn ghost rider gets antsy needs to exact vengeance” Johnny walk to the bathroom to take a shower and change into the only pair of clean clothes he has left. “Looks like I get to go into town before I hit the road again need something to eat anyway"
Johnny heads to the nearest diner that has defiantly seen its better days. Walks in to a place with maybe only four customers sitting in different booths around the diner all of them staring him down. For in a town like this if you’re not a local your nothing but trouble, if they only knew the trouble I could be.

Post a picture of your character:

Last edited by DarkHellRider; 08-19-2012 at 09:29 AM.
DarkHellRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #730
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Ghost Rider is approved.

Carnage27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #731
DarkHellRider
Side-Kick

ah yea time to burn it up

Old 08-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #732
DarkHellRider
Side-Kick

My first post is up Hope you all like. kept it kinda short just to kinda get him into this world. hoping down the line for a team up or two or sooner just let me know.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #733
Optikal
Professor Chaos

Life has taken a few absurd (though delightful!) twists so I'm going to be out for the forseeable future. Just giving y'all a heads up x

Fury: Recoil.

-Secret Warriors #4
Optikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #734
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Hate to do it, but I'm dropping The Flash. I had wanted to do alot with him and the Rogues and such, but given how I've taken so long to get back into a regular cycle with Superman, I doubt I'll be able to give him the proper attention he deserves.

Speaking of Superman, just have Hulk spot him flying around in the sky if you want, MST. Or I can write another post tomorrow to start things off.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #735
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Speaking of Superman, just have Hulk spot him flying around in the sky if you want, MST. Or I can write another post tomorrow to start things off.
I'll go with he sees Superman flying and let things happen from there.

If the timing for the rematch is bad let me know and we'll pick it up later.

John 3:16
MST3K 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #736
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

It's actually the perfect time, believe it or not.

BTW, any estimates on how close we are to the end of the season? I want to build up to a big arc idea I've had in mind for Metropolis, but I also don't want to drag things out very far if we're close.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #737
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
BTW, any estimates on how close we are to the end of the season? I want to build up to a big arc idea I've had in mind for Metropolis, but I also don't want to drag things out very far if we're close.
I've actually wanted to talk to everyone about that. We're nearing the 1000 post limit for the IC thread. I originally thought we could finish up around then...but that's REALLY close and I don't want to rush everyone.

What does everyone think is about right? Because I have stories to go on for a while, without a set cut off point for Cap, and endings for the season in mind for Ivy and for GL. So I'd leave it up to everyone.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:23 PM   #738
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

I think I can end with Batman wherever. As for the FF, I have at least two more arcs I'd like to do.

Below The Bible Belt
Old 08-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #739
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

Let me know when you're ready to go with the FF, Byrd, and I'll start my Doom **** off.

Old 09-01-2012, 04:21 AM   #740
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

My Joker stuff for the season is pretty much already done, with the exception of one more bit of nastiness he's got up his sleeve.

Spider-Man's still got a ways to go, but I can abridge it a good bit so we can wrap this season up on time.

Andy C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #741
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Quote:

And the opening salvo in the rematch has been fired!

Old 09-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #742
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Quote:

And the opening salvo in the rematch has been fired!

Old 09-05-2012, 03:20 AM   #743
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

I've got one more Gorgon post to go to wrap up the season. If nobody minds can it be the last post of the season? I am setting something up for the start of the next one that will affect everyone.

"Kneel before Zod!"
bkhedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #744
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhedr View Post
I've got one more Gorgon post to go to wrap up the season. If nobody minds can it be the last post of the season? I am setting something up for the start of the next one that will affect everyone.
I'm planning on collecting a final post form everyone and putting them into one. So you can have it included in that.

Also, sorry for moving the Ultimates ahead so much. I just wanted to get moving a little bit.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #745
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Do we still have a few weeks left, at least? After the Hulk fight concludes, I wanted to do one more arc with Superman before I could consider his stuff completely done for the season. It's an arc that'll end up being kind of a big thing for me and a few other characters, but I don't want to push the season to go on longer than it has to.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #746
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Do we still have a few weeks left, at least? After the Hulk fight concludes, I wanted to do one more arc with Superman before I could consider his stuff completely done for the season. It's an arc that'll end up being kind of a big thing for me and a few other characters, but I don't want to push the season to go on longer than it has to.
I think so. I'm at least going to have the season run until the IC thread goes to 1000 posts. If we get near that point and everyone needs more time, we can push it.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #747
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Yeah, I'll probably need more time with the FF. Got one arc with another RPer planned, then my last story arc may be a bit lengthy, but I'll get through it as fast as I can.

Below The Bible Belt
Old 09-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #748
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Cool.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #749
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Yeah, I still had kind of a lot that I wanted to do with Spider-Man before we wrapped the season up.

Andy C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #750
Johnny Blaze
Freethinker

Okay, Byrd, youz is up.

And if any other hero has nothing major going on and wants to help the FF take on Doom and the Masters of Evil feel free to jump in.
They're going to need all the help they can get to survive.