The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #76
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
As is Cyclops.
Excellent.

Now I can do the X-Men story I've always wanted to tell!

Cyke joins the GCPD and helps the MCU take down a drug lord with wiretaps and surveillance.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #77
Franklin Richards
Banned User
 
Franklin Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Baxter Building
Posts: 23,030
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
I was actually thinking of Namor for my villainous role now that Lex has been applied for.
What an intriguing choice. Former Invader. Rules a nation. Can screw with Aquaman. Classic Anti-hero if he wants to be. Has dealt with Doom in the past. Wants to bone Sue. Could go Defenders if he wanted to. Or Avengers. Or X-Men.


Go Namor!




Last edited by Franklin Richards; 11-11-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Franklin Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #78
SuperFerret
Class Act
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,617
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

While Batman leads the X-Men!

__________________
Faster than a speeding hamster.
-----More powerful than a box of tissues.
----------Able to leap off of tall buildings and hit the ground.
SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #79
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,033
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
Excellent.

Now I can do the X-Men story I've always wanted to tell!

Cyke joins the GCPD and helps the MCU take down a drug lord with wiretaps and surveillance.
I could just imagine the conversation when Scott tells Xavier he's leaving to become a cop.

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #80
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,239
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
While Batman leads the X-Men!
Not if Wolverine leads them first!

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #81
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
I could just imagine the conversation when Scott tells Xavier he's leaving to become a cop.
Here's the thing, though.

The Cyke I actually applied for?

He's Jim Gordon in disguise!

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #82
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,033
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
Here's the thing, though.

The Cyke I actually applied for?

He's Jim Gordon in disguise!

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #83
SuperFerret
Class Act
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,617
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

And Xavier knew all along.

__________________
Faster than a speeding hamster.
-----More powerful than a box of tissues.
----------Able to leap off of tall buildings and hit the ground.
SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #84
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

How is that for a ****ing loophole, huh?!

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #85
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG

Character you would like to play: Matt Murdock/Daredevil

Powers: Matt, though blind, has super-humanly enhanced senses. He also has a radar sense which can be compared to ech-location. And, to some degree, makes up for his lost sight.

Matt is in peak physical condition, spending years training his body to fight. His enhanced senses, especially his hyper-developed inner ear, give his uncanny agility and athleticism.

Brief history of the character: Matt's father, Jack, was a prize fighter in his hey-day. But as they years rolled on, age caught up with Jack, and he couldn't hold his own in the ring they way he used to. After his wife's untimely passing, and his inability to provide for his son in the ring, Jack became a bouncer, fighting whenever he could scrounge up a fight.

Despite his father's struggles, Matt's pride in his father never wavered. He was always in his corner, cheering Jack on during a fight, training alongside him in the gym, and always working hard in school to make his father proud. And, despite having to live in New York's Hell's Kitchen, an historically tough and unforgiving neighborhood, the only neighborhood is father could afford, Matt grew up to be a smart and good boy. Always staying away from the gangs and criminal elements.

And then, one day, when Matt was walking home from school, he saw a runaway truck barreling down at an old man crossing the street. Without a thought, Matt threw himself at the man, saving his life. But the truck swerved and crashed, spilling the illegal containers of toxic waste it was carrying, which splashed Matt in the face.

Instanly, Matt was blinded, consigned forever to the dark. But during his stay in the hospital, he learned that, while his sight was gone, his other sense were amped up to painful levels. It took Matt some time to learn how to get his senses under control.

Life also started getting better as Jack began winning more, and bigger, fights. As the money started rolling in, life got good. Until a man, a certain underworld figure, came to Jack, and, in no uncertain terms, told Jack he would take a dive in the next fight. But when Jack saw his son in the corner, he couldn't bring himself to lose, and knocked his opponent out.

It cost Jack his life.

His father's murder drove the teenaged Matt away from New York. He explored the world, training his mind and body. He took up studying the law. In this way, he would be able to protect the innocent in the courtroom during the day. And protect them on the street at night...

...as Daredevil.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: I think it's about time I stretch my Marvel muscles some more. Daredevil is a fascinating character. And after spending so much time playing superpowered characters, I think it's time to get back to street level thug-busting.

What are your plans with this character? Do you have a story: I do have a story in mind. One that extends outside of the court room, and into the court of public opinion. It'll take me a while to build to that point, though. So I'll just bust some heads in the meantime.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Dark Red, and Book Antiqua Dark Red

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Probably only a couple of time a week. More, schedule permitting.

Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contains at least 1 line of dialogue):

sniffsniff

I can smell the car's unique deisel exhaust a block away. I tilt my ear in that direction and concentrate on the sound of screeching tires and roaring engine. And once I have an idea where they're going, I turn around and run to the opposite side of the building, leaping into the air.

I push away the feeling of the wind and focus on the building rushing up in front of me. I throw my billy-club line down, snagging it on an outcropping. Extending my legs, I let the line swing me around and back up into the night sky.

I retract the line, reach out, and grab a telephone line I can hear swaying in the faint wind. I spin my body up and around the line, using it to slow my momentum, then let go. I land on the roof below, and instantly start running.

screeeech

I grunt, and use the sound as an incentive to move faster.

***

"Do you see him?!"

"Don't see the ****er anywhere! I think we lost-!"

The windshield explodes as my billy-club flies through it. The bank robber driving swerves too sharply and plows into a mailbox before slamming into a subway entrance.

I land on the hood a second later.

"Next time, try harder."

Post a picture of your character:

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:06 PM   #86
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

Oh, ****, son..DD off!

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #87
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!
 
Spike_x1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Little Jimmy's Retarded Caribbean Playground
Posts: 15,512
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

Time for blind jokes?

__________________
"Look into the soul of Bane and know the truth. We will topple your kingdom if it takes an eternity. We will defeat Hell."
Spike_x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:18 PM   #88
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
Oh, ****, son..DD off!
I've got your Double-D's right here.

*looks around*


...Where the **** is Shlee?!

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #89
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.
 
SenseiofCheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mother*****ing Iceland! Woo!
Posts: 5,132
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

I really don't see the need for blind jokes.

SenseiofCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #90
SuperFerret
Class Act
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,617
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

It's always time for blind jokes.

__________________
Faster than a speeding hamster.
-----More powerful than a box of tissues.
----------Able to leap off of tall buildings and hit the ground.
SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #91
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

Why can't Helen Keller drive a car?


She's a woman.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #92
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseiofCheese View Post
I really don't see the need for blind jokes.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:34 PM   #93
SuperFerret
Class Act
 
SuperFerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: SuperFerret's Shoebox of Solitude
Posts: 33,617
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

No you don't.

__________________
Faster than a speeding hamster.
-----More powerful than a box of tissues.
----------Able to leap off of tall buildings and hit the ground.
SuperFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #94
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

After talking things over with Carnage, we have decided that

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Wieg is APPROVED as Daredevil

Overrall, we preferred his backstory just a bit more than what MST3K had for an origin.


__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:43 PM   #95
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!
 
MST3K 4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In front of a computer
Posts: 5,040
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
Oh, ****, son..DD off!
and who says RPG Apps are boring.

__________________
Know yourself & your enemy & you need not fear the outcome of a thousand battles-- General Sun-Tzu

John 3:16
MST3K 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:44 PM   #96
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!
 
MST3K 4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In front of a computer
Posts: 5,040
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

and life goes on..congrats Wieg.

__________________
Know yourself & your enemy & you need not fear the outcome of a thousand battles-- General Sun-Tzu

John 3:16
MST3K 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:45 PM   #97
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse
 
Carnage27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Anit-Matter Universe
Posts: 4,033
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST3K 4ever View Post
and life goes on..congrats Wieg.
Still looking forward to your Lex, MSTie,

__________________

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #98
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Still looking forward to your Lex, MSTie,
Until Matt brings him down.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #99
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!
 
MST3K 4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In front of a computer
Posts: 5,040
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Still looking forward to your Lex, MSTie,
Oh don't worry he's still here...now I gotta think of another hero...like I said except for Atom in Ulti.DC I'm doing all villains.

__________________
Know yourself & your enemy & you need not fear the outcome of a thousand battles-- General Sun-Tzu

John 3:16
MST3K 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:49 PM   #100
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!
 
MST3K 4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In front of a computer
Posts: 5,040
Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Until Matt brings him down.
Oh please...he's taken on a guy with the powers of a God...you think some red leather biker reject is gonna bother him? (Well yeah he probably will...DD doesn't have as many moral hang ups as Supes )

__________________
Know yourself & your enemy & you need not fear the outcome of a thousand battles-- General Sun-Tzu

John 3:16
MST3K 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.