The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Should Cavill's Superman costume include the Red Trunks?
The Trunks stay! 101 48.10%
The Trunks gotta go! 48 22.86%
I don't care if the Trunks stay or go! 61 29.05%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 06:45 AM   #76
KyleDW2
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 336
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
Wrong. Not different.
And in today's lesson we learn the difference between fact and opinion. Because apparently a grown man still needs to learn that.

__________________
Review: Green Lantern
KyleDW2 is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 07:09 AM   #77
sithgoblin
King of the Castle
 
sithgoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: fallout bunker
Posts: 11,236
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
The MOS costume was not designed by Superman's creator, it was designed by a nobody costume designer because modern fans are embarrassed by the classic costume.
The costume designer has won three academy awards.

sithgoblin is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 07:14 AM   #78
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,949
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
I never said the MOS costume was designed by Superman's creator... so that was a pointless statement...

You've pretty much avoided my whole arguement about the costume being intended to be tight and revealing, and therefore if you find that inapproprate for children, your saying he was inappropriate for children from the beginnging... but whatever... you ignore a lot of my arguements when you can't find a way to be 'right'.

And if you really don't think Chris Reeve's crotch looks just as noticeable if not more so (to me) than Cavill's... then I really have nothing more to say.

You are simply seeing something I am not.

As for it being 'wrong'...

...well to be honest, discussions with you have become pretty pointless. I mean, I come on this forum for debates, not for childish 'Your wrong' 'No your wrong' exchanges.

If pretty much all you have to say is 'I'm right, your wrong' and anyone with something to contribute, like the fact their friends found SR's crotch noticeable (which is also true for me) makes you stick your fingers in your ear and say 'lalala I don't believe you'... then why are you even bothering to discuss Superman at all.

You don't want to learn anything, you don't want to share in others opinions, you don't want to see things from someone elses perspective.

All you seem to want is to put down people who have another perspective.
I've learned this lesson pretty early. I'm just glad I've been lucky enough to make his ignore list -- it prevents me from getting pulled into BS.

Krumm is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 08:01 AM   #79
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,280
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithgoblin View Post
The costume designer has won three academy awards.
Yea. I think Jerry Siegel is more unknown than said costume designer.

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 10:01 AM   #80
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick
 
SuperMike335!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,465
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
Just more proof that a single color costume doesn't work.

The MOS costume was not designed by Superman's creator, it was designed by a nobody costume designer because modern fans are embarrassed by the classic costume.

And it's not noticeable at all in the picture of Chris Reeve. You see the costume, the eye goes straight to the \S/, and then to his face, like it should. Routh's costume did the same thing. When something is so radically wrong (no red trunks), you automatically look where the mistake has been made.

Aren't there rules about discussing just the subject and not the individual posters?
Kurosawa, Iím going to start off by saying, I think the costume would look better with trunks. I agree with you on that. I think it splits up the design nicely and simply looks better.

Now, aside from that, you got to keep in mind that this movie is not going to be a perfect telling of the iconic Superman as you see it. It wonít, and nothing you say or argue can change that.

Itís not perfect for my taste, and Iíve voiced my opinion on what Iíd like to be different. At some point however you have to just let them be wrong in your eyes. You can stick to your opinion if they try to convince you as you are still entitled to your opinion.

After a while, when logic and facts are not convincing anyone, there is nothing left. You have to let the ants be ants, and just remember it is only a movie. You have your own Superman vision and nobody can take that away from you. This movie is 2 hours of your life. You donít have to like it. Even if you loved the movie, how much of your life is improved by the movie? 2 hours once in a while?

If you continue trying to convince people they are wrong, when it is futile, then you inevitably resort to things like "nobody cares about the creators" "only two dead old jews" and recently "what about the children?".
How well have those kind of statements worked?

Those arguments are moralizing and it looks preachy and self righteous. Thatís why nobody likes those kind of statements. To them it looks creepy like a Zealot who has become fixated on something.

Maybe it would be better to just focus on another hobby for a while. Take some time away from the forums, draw some art work, go to the gym, go get laid, read some books you like, and find happiness in other areas.

Notice my join date compared to post count? Sometimes I too get wrapped up in an argument that never ends on an internet forum.
Embarrassing as it is, sometimes I too cannot stand people who "are always wrong" in my eyes. So there will be time periods Iíll be away from the board, or even post infrequently for months. I take my own advice and have a life off the internet argument boards. Its refreshing and sometimes the healthy thing to do.



SuperMike335!! is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #81
Vagosnati
Vag-El
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Athens-Greece
Posts: 126
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithgoblin View Post
The costume designer has won three academy awards.
For kurosawa that means nothing.maybe he will change his mind if the designer will win the Champions League and the Olympic Games by hiw own.

Vagosnati is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 08:33 PM   #82
Krypto
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 56
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Hailll trunkless fans.,...!!!!!

Krypto is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #83
moviedoors
Side-Kick
 
moviedoors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas City, TX
Posts: 2,335
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypto View Post
Hailll trunkless fans.,...!!!!!
*salutes*

moviedoors is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #84
Karelia
We Are Groot
 
Karelia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,916
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Yeah, I'm definitely liking Supes without the trunks. I was hoping he wouldn't have them since they announced this film. Nobody liked that idea back then. But I still think if anyone could have made the trunks look great on film, it would be Zack Snyder.

__________________
Believe In The Shield...

Guardians of the Galaxy
Karelia is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 11:29 PM   #85
Kurosawa
Banned User
 
Kurosawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 22,300 miles above the Earth
Posts: 9,485
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithgoblin View Post
The costume designer has won three academy awards.
Three academy awards versus creating Superman? Please.

You guys DO realize the reason superhero comics exist is because of Siegel and Shuster, right? The entire reason this website even exists all goes back to them.

Kurosawa is offline  
Old 11-18-2011, 11:44 PM   #86
sf2
Side-Kick
 
sf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,991
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

the red trunks is as iconic as superman is!!! therefore it should stay! who the designer is, is irrelavant


__________________
ďEverything you can imagine is real.Ē
― Pablo Picasso
sf2 is offline  
Old 11-19-2011, 12:06 AM   #87
echostation
Banned User
 
echostation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 5,094
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

let's see how it looks in action first... remember on Superman Returns there was tons of debate on how the suit looked in stills but then perceptions changed (either for worse or better depending on if you had an initial positive or negative view on the stills) when the movie released and when trailers released. Let the film's trailer release to see how it moves, flows and visually looks on screen

echostation is offline  
Old 11-19-2011, 12:48 AM   #88
moviedoors
Side-Kick
 
moviedoors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas City, TX
Posts: 2,335
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
Three academy awards versus creating Superman? Please.

You guys DO realize the reason superhero comics exist is because of Siegel and Shuster, right? The entire reason this website even exists all goes back to them.
And yet I'm still okay with losing the trunks.

moviedoors is offline  
Old 11-19-2011, 12:56 AM   #89
moviedoors
Side-Kick
 
moviedoors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas City, TX
Posts: 2,335
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Let the film's trailer release to see how it moves, flows and visually looks on screen
This is one those things where I have no doubts. No matter your opinion on Synder with aspects like character, or with narrative, with actors, with theme, all very important, but whatever, you can't deny that the guy knows how to shoot astonishing images. I think it's safe to say we're gonna get some badass visuals of Superman, whether there's red around his crotch or not. I'm not worried about the visual presentation. That part is going to kick ass. It's those other aspects that Synder has to deliver on to make it more than just visually cool.

moviedoors is offline  
Old 11-19-2011, 01:49 AM   #90
EtherMagic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 835
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
I dont know why we r discussing the crotch/bulge here. It is perfectly normal to see the bulge when man wears tights. In fact it is odd to me to see routh doesnt have much bulge in SR.
This talk is redicious. The new suit seems incomplete n doesnt look better than the classic suit. That.s it.

Exactly. Point is if your a straight guy like me, you will have no business looking down there in the first place, you won't care, it's something staright men are gonna see and not really think twice about. First time I seen it I blew it off, it's normal, I grew up playing sports, it's the norm for most men. Whoever keeps bringing this up must be really interested in that area of Henry.


Woman and certain men who enjoy that type of thing are the exception, they will be the only one's bringing up/beating this subject to death. After all, you have to interested in something to keep bringing it up over and over again!

EtherMagic is offline  
Old 11-19-2011, 01:58 AM   #91
moviedoors
Side-Kick
 
moviedoors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas City, TX
Posts: 2,335
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
Woman and certain men who enjoy that type of thing are the exception, they will be the only one's bringing up/beating this subject to death. After all, you have to interested in something to keep bringing it up over and over again!
No they're not. See Kurosawa. He doesn't seem the least bit "interested" in that area, but repelled by it. All these waves over the last few pages were for that reason, not people who might get a kick out of it for reasons of attraction, and what'd be wrong with that? It's the "danger to kids" insinuation that is throwing people for a loop, not that Cavill is an attractive man and an adult might have a peak there and get a thrill.

moviedoors is offline  
Old 11-19-2011, 02:09 AM   #92
KrypJonian
The Last Son of Krypjon
 
KrypJonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 2,316
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
The entire reason this website even exists all goes back to them.
Yeah, and sometimes I wanna punch them in the face for it...

Honestly, Kuro, if Shuster were still alive today, do you think he would have the mindset of a crusader to preserve what he created like you are? Or is there even a slight chance he might understand that some things are bigger than him and he might accept it, even if he didn't like it?

I know if I created something I'd be protective over it, but not after so many years and so many different interpretations and so many different meanings to so many different people. At some point I would have to recognize that it's bigger than my young vision.

I know I can't put words in a dead man's mouth, but I think it's still worth considering...

__________________
"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker"
KrypJonian is offline  
Old 11-19-2011, 03:19 AM   #93
EtherMagic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 835
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviedoors View Post
No they're not. See Kurosawa. He doesn't seem the least bit "interested" in that area, but repelled by it. All these waves over the last few pages were for that reason, not people who might get a kick out of it for reasons of attraction, and what'd be wrong with that? It's the "danger to kids" insinuation that is throwing people for a loop, not that Cavill is an attractive man and an adult might have a peak there and get a thrill.

I was talking about the general audience, the majority of men are not gonna be focusing on Cavill's junk, trust me. Kurosawa is a true blood hardcore Superman fan, thats his job to critique everything about everything when it comes to Superman.


I can't count how many men I showed Cavill as Sups too and not one of them mentioned his piece. The only one to ever mention it to me was my woman, that tells ya something. Most staright men would be embarrassed to bring up Cavill's junk anyway, for fear of being questioned back "Why you stairing at his junk? huh?", that would get some laughs.

This reminds me of that Miller Light commercial when they guy is being un-manly and all his friends keeps ripping on him, yea, a man asking this question goes straight into that category.


This whole topic is silly, it really is. We need some news/set-pics already, were beating every dead animal that ever parished from the earth focusing on this subject.

EtherMagic is offline  
Old 11-19-2011, 03:57 AM   #94
KrypJonian
The Last Son of Krypjon
 
KrypJonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 2,316
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
I was talking about the general audience, the majority of men are not gonna be focusing on Cavill's junk, trust me. Kurosawa is a true blood hardcore Superman fan, thats his job to critique everything about everything when it comes to Superman.


I can't count how many men I showed Cavill as Sups too and not one of them mentioned his piece. The only one to ever mention it to me was my woman, that tells ya something. Most staright men would be embarrassed to bring up Cavill's junk anyway, for fear of being questioned back "Why you stairing at his junk? huh?", that would get some laughs.

This reminds me of that Miller Light commercial when they guy is being un-manly and all his friends keeps ripping on him, yea, a man asking this question goes straight into that category.


This whole topic is silly, it really is. We need some news/set-pics already, were beating every dead animal that ever parished from the earth focusing on this subject.
On the other side of things, I really only showed the picture to one person(besides my comic geek friends who'd already seen and loved it) who was my buddy, the marine who'd just got back from Afghanistan and wasn't up on the news... and the first thing he said was "What's with the bulge"...

You really can't count how many men you've showed that to? Cause that sort of statement usually means an absurd amount... Were you out on the street with a pic? Were you out to make a point that the new Superman costume is good, and you just happened to run into no men that mentioned the bulge? What about the women?

__________________
"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker"
KrypJonian is offline  
Old 11-19-2011, 04:55 AM   #95
KrypJonian
The Last Son of Krypjon
 
KrypJonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 2,316
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
Exactly. Point is if your a straight guy like me, you will have no business looking down there in the first place, you won't care, it's something staright men are gonna see and not really think twice about. First time I seen it I blew it off, it's normal, I grew up playing sports, it's the norm for most men. Whoever keeps bringing this up must be really interested in that area of Henry.:
Not to pick on you, but that statement just isn't true...

Stop worrying about how straight you are and look at it objectively...

__________________
"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker"
KrypJonian is offline  
Old 11-19-2011, 04:57 AM   #96
KrypJonian
The Last Son of Krypjon
 
KrypJonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 2,316
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Granted, I was the one to tell people to just stop looking at his weiner a while ago, but still...

__________________
"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker"
KrypJonian is offline  
Old 11-19-2011, 05:41 AM   #97
EtherMagic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 835
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrypJonian View Post
Not to pick on you, but that statement just isn't true...

Stop worrying about how straight you are and look at it objectively...

Stop picking on me!!!


Seriously though, I'm not worrying about anything, as I said I can care less about this subject and I prefer to be talking about the actual suit.


I simply go on what I see, and what I see is girls and "not so" straight men making a ton of comments about it around the web. Go on YouTube, look at what these people are saying, seriously do it! I'm not gonna repeat what I seen one gay gentleman say, but it's not forum friendly I can say that. I don't mean to come across like I feel your taking it, my point is that those who are more-so attracted to that part of Cavill's body are gonna be more likely to comment on it.


Not a big deal. How many girls comment on other girls chests??? Now how many men comment on woman's chests? In general of-course. My point.



.


Last edited by EtherMagic; 11-19-2011 at 05:49 AM.
EtherMagic is offline  
Old 11-19-2011, 05:45 AM   #98
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,278
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Seriously, am I on Kuro's ignore list and he just forgot to tell me?

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 11-19-2011, 05:47 AM   #99
sithgoblin
King of the Castle
 
sithgoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: fallout bunker
Posts: 11,236
Thumbs down Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
Three academy awards versus creating Superman? Please.

You guys DO realize the reason superhero comics exist is because of Siegel and Shuster, right? The entire reason this website even exists all goes back to them.


I never said the costume designer was better or worse than Siegel. I'm just pointing out that they are not a "nobody" costume designer, as you incorrectly said.

sithgoblin is offline  
Old 11-19-2011, 06:02 AM   #100
sethypants
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,345
Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Ppl are still pissed with the costume? I love the new one. SO much better than underwear on the outside.

sethypants is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.