The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #676
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 29,382
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
The Kick-Ass comics has always left a bad taste in my mouth. After reading the first one i was so glad they changed a lot of elements for the film and i've heard the 2nd comic was even worst.

To me they just strike me as extremism for the sake of it, violence purely for the sake of it.

Unfortunately with all the events that have transpired the last year or so i'm not sure the kick-ass franchise is the escapism people would want now?

So i can see where carey is coming from with regards to the movie.
The films and comics are kinda like a night and day take on the same material.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is online now  
Old 06-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #677
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick
 
Bruce Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stay out of my territory
Posts: 5,914
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Just basing off the first movie and comic, i wouldn't say night and day but more so just a little lighter than the comics (which shows how extreme the comic is).

To me matthew vaughan saved the 1st film and him not directing this one and millar quoted as saying the film will be closer to the comic than the first movie...



Bruce Malone is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #678
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 29,382
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Just basing off the first movie and comic, i wouldn't say night and day but more so just a little lighter than the comics (which shows how extreme the comic is).

To me matthew vaughan saved the 1st film and him not directing this one and millar quoted as saying the film will be closer to the comic than the first movie...


I am pretty sure Vaughn has writing credit here. Also, we know a lot of the more unsavory stuff has been thrown out.

Also, with the first film, I think the framing was very clever. It emphasis the ridiculousness of a lot of the comic book tropes that we all know and love.

Here is your Robin you have all been crying for. She is a killing machine.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is online now  
Old 06-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #679
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,656
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
You can do whatever you like. But just because you use the words "morals" and "beliefs" doesn't suddenly mean you aren't doing what you are doing.

:
What's he doing exactly?

1) Making Kick Ass 2 the center of discussion for news networks and internet forums across the globe. (win for the studio)

2) Forcing people to debate the violence featured in the movie and the rights of artist to criticize their bosses. (win for Carrey)

and even if the studio loses a few million due to the negative publicity (is there such a thing?) Carrey has his soul intact and despite poisonous cynicism I believe it's important to fight for what you believe in no matter the financial or career risk.

__________________
MR - Morlock Rule
MessiahDecoy123 is online now  
Old 06-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #680
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 29,382
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
What's he doing exactly?

1) Making Kick Ass 2 the center of discussion for news networks and internet forums across the globe. (win for the studio)

2) Forcing people to debate the violence featured in the movie and the rights of artist to criticize their bosses. (win for Carrey)

and even if the studio loses a few million due to the negative publicity (is there such a thing?) Carrey has his soul intact and despite poisonous cynicism I believe it's important to fight for what you believe in no matter the financial or career risk.
Anytime your star disassociate themselves from a film, it is not a good thing. He has also put the rest of the cast and crew in a horrible situation.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is online now  
Old 06-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #681
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,656
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Anytime your star disassociate themselves from a film, it is not a good thing. He has also put the rest of the cast and crew in a horrible situation.
There's no such thing as bad publicity.

Ask the makers of Django Unchained, Passion of the Christ, Avatar, Iron Man 3 and countless other mega-hits surrounded in controversy.

__________________
MR - Morlock Rule
MessiahDecoy123 is online now  
Old 06-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #682
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 72,985
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Nerds throwing their feces like rabid gorillas over a character that (lets face it) no one REALLY gave a **** about isn't really what I'd call controversy. Just internet folk doing their thing.

__________________
DS AND THE AGENTS OF
*L.A.M.E.*


H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is offline  
Old 06-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #683
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 29,382
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
There's no such thing as bad publicity.

Ask the makers of Django Unchained, Passion of the Christ, Avatar, Iron Man 3 and countless other mega-hits surrounded in controversy.
Were any of them tied to the massacre of children?

And yes, there is such things as bad publicity. Go ask Bynes or Lohan. Gibson has done so much harm to his career. The guy should be making any films he wants. Now he is struggling to get anything done.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is online now  
Old 06-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #684
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 36,447
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Devin's article was fantastic and that's why even if I disagree with him I respect that he isn't a knee jerk reaction kind of person.

I don't get your point about Carrey hurting the cast and crew Darth??! If anything ,without realizing it, Carrey is giving the dreadful looking movie more attention then it would have ever gotten. Practically nobody even saw the first film. Carrey is a human being with thoughts and feelings, whocares if he hurts a corporation's bottom line if he now feels something is morally wrong?

I SEE SPIDEY is online now  
Old 06-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #685
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,656
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Were any of them tied to the massacre of children?

And yes, there is such things as bad publicity. Go ask Bynes or Lohan. Gibson has done so much harm to his career. The guy should be making any films he wants. Now he is struggling to get anything done.
I'm referring to bad publicity in relation to films, not individual stars.

It almost always helps a movie gain a wider audience.

Yes Carrey is helping a mostly ignored film make headlines while committing career suicide to stand up for what he believes.

No one should be complaining.

__________________
MR - Morlock Rule
MessiahDecoy123 is online now  
Old 06-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #686
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 29,382
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Devin's article was fantastic and that's why even if I disagree with him I respect that he isn't a knee jerk reaction kind of person.

I don't get your point about Carrey hurting the cast and crew Darth??! If anything ,without realizing it, Carrey is giving the dreadful looking movie more attention then it would have ever gotten. Practically nobody even saw the first film. Carrey is a human being with thoughts and feelings, whocares if he hurts a corporation's bottom line if he now feels something is morally wrong?
It is pure fabrication that no one saw the first film. It made nearly $100m worldwide. People watched, and it has many fans, including myself.

And whether he finds it morally wrong or not now, that doesn't change that he making a decision that effects others. Adding the concept of morality doesn't change that. His words and stance now places the entire crew in a bad position. You can already imagine the questions and articles that will be written. Now suddenly they support violence against kids?

Carrey has removed himself from the media tour, while placing a huge cloud over the content of the film, and those who are actually doing the media tour will be the ones that have to actually confront it.

That we are even having his discussion about how supporting this film would be "morally wrong", which is in fact quite ridiculous, is evidence enough. It is bad because it shows bad people doing bad things?

It is like Roger Ebert's review of the first film. It misses the point entirely of the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
I'm referring to bad publicity in relation to films, not individual stars.

It almost always helps a movie gain a wider audience.

Yes Carrey is helping a mostly ignored film make headlines while committing career suicide to stand up for what he believes.

No one should be complaining.
Stop acting like this is a no hope film, no one is planning on seeing. It is false start to the argument.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is online now  
Old 06-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #687
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,656
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
It is pure fabrication that no one saw the first film. It made nearly $100m worldwide. People watched, and it has many fans, including myself.

And whether he finds it morally wrong or not now, that doesn't change that he making a decision that effects others. Adding the concept of morality doesn't change that. His words and stance now places the entire crew in a bad position. You can already imagine the questions and articles that will be written. Now suddenly they support violence against kids?

Carrey has removed himself from the media tour, while placing a huge cloud over the content of the film, and those who are actually doing the media tour will be the ones that have to actually confront it.

That we are even having his discussion about how supporting this film would be "morally wrong", which is in fact quite ridiculous, is evidence enough. It is bad because it shows bad people doing bad things?

It is like Roger Ebert's review of the first film. It misses the point entirely of the film.
I think you're placing too much clout on the opinion of actors who star in these movies business wise.

Jamie Foxx made a joke about killing white people before Django opened. Some cried bloody murder, a couple months later Django is the biggest Tarantino movie by a wide margin.

A star making an off hand remark rarely makes or breaks a movie.

and Kick Ass 2 isn't going to make or break any studio. Studios bounce back from movies that bomb and end up 200 million dollars in the red like it was 5 dollar bet.

__________________
MR - Morlock Rule
MessiahDecoy123 is online now  
Old 06-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #688
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,656
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post

Stop acting like this is a no hope film, no one is planning on seeing. It is false start to the argument.
lol, for every movie you name that was hurt by bad publicity I can name three or four that were unaffected or even helped.

__________________
MR - Morlock Rule
MessiahDecoy123 is online now  
Old 06-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #689
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 29,382
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
I think you're placing too much clout on the opinion of actors who star in these movies business wise.

Jamie Foxx made a joke about killing white people before Django opened. Some cried bloody murder, a couple months later Django is the biggest Tarantino movie by a wide margin.

A star making an off hand remark rarely makes or breaks a movie.

and Kick Ass 2 isn't going to make or break any studio. Studios bounce back from movies that bomb and end up 200 million dollars in the red like it was 5 dollar bet.
I personally don't really care about the studio. I don't like what he did to the cast and crew. The situation he put them in. They have to deal with this, not him.

But it is also bull that he picked a huge tragedy to associate with the film. It is one thing to say the movie is too violent. It is another thing to associate it with the murder of children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
lol, for every movie you name that was hurt by bad publicity I can name three or four that were unaffected or even helped.
Impossible to actually know really. A film can't be released in both environments, thus no comparison can truly be made.

You are lumping all publicity together, not willing to understand that if you go and tell most people that certain things are in a film it will negatively effect it.

For every person whose interest is peaked by the chance to see child murder, I'd think many more are probably turned off.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is online now  
Old 06-25-2013, 01:01 AM   #690
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 36,447
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Obviously because it got a sequel Kick Ass did fine considering it's budget but 96mil worldwide are not blockbuster numbers. It was not a widely seen film and I'm not going to pretend that it was. I'd say that about any film that made that under 100mil worldwide. My point still stands, if anything Carrey is giving this niche franchise more attention than it has ever gotten. And just because I use the word moral doesn't mean I blame films for Sandy Hook, I already said that I didn't. And I didn't read Carrey blaming Kick Ass for Sandy Hook either.

I SEE SPIDEY is online now  
Old 06-25-2013, 02:25 AM   #691
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty
 
Wolfwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 12,342
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Personally I find it very tasteless when any celeb publicly discloses when they give money to a charity. THAT feels like a promo stunt.

Not saying he shouldn't, he probably already has. His name has been mentioned by a few of the relief efforts along with a bunch of celebs who offered help after S.H.
Oh no, I agree. Whether or not he keeps the money is none of my business, I was just thinking that if he felt so strongly about it he should donate the proceeds. But yeah, the rest of the world doesn't need to know how he allocates his funds.

__________________

Henchman for Shadaloo
AVATAR BY AxlsAppetite
Wolfwood is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 05:50 AM   #692
-JKR-
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,004
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Darth, the cast and crew will do just fine. No need to worry about them. And why should you worry, at all? Why should ANYONE worry about them? There's really nothing to worry about...

-JKR- is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 05:56 AM   #693
jmc
callin' it like I see it
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I come from the land Down Under
Posts: 21,590
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Those don't really parallel. Is Jim Carrey putting his life on the line to finish the job he signed on to do?

You know what the rest of the cast and crew are going to have to deal with on their media tour? Questions about him and morally wrong their film is. He has just set up this film and the crew for hurt.
I knew what I was doing at the time yet it took a moment of madness to see what I was doing was crazy. Jim did a movie thinking it would be fun, real life changed his opinion on the movie.

__________________
Celebrating 75 years of Batman saving Gotham City.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is online now  
Old 06-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #694
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 26,051
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

I will just say I think Carrey handled this poorly for his own public image.

He took the job on Kick-Ass as a fan of the franchise. He sought it out. He also took it a month or two after the Aurora shooting at a movie theater left many dead. At a superhero movie no less.

But I understand that Newtown was finally a wake up call for many (though sadly not enough in the US Senate, much less the House). So, he wants to make a stand.

So, instead of telling Universal he is not going to promote the film he...goes on Twitter and makes himself a news story by publicly slamming the film?

In many ways it may actually help KA2, because while the first is a cult classic of sorts, I doubt many even knew a KA2 existed. And if even half of its DVD AUDIENCE shows up, it will do much better than KA1. So, the amount of news coverage KA2 is indirectly getting is a boon in some ways.

However, Carrey did it to make himself the center of the story. And I am sure he got a 7-figure salary for his small role in that film. Is he going to donate it to charity in relation to Sandy Hook and/or gun violence, or to an organization lobbying for change, like the Brady Campaign?

It doesn't seem that way, otherwise he would have made a spectacle out of that too. Ergo, he insulted a film and all the cast and crew who worked on it with him to make himself a headline again on this issue.

In some ways, this PR disaster (associating Sandy Hook with Kick-Ass 2), may ultimately help Universal. That remains to be seen. However, Carrey inconsiderately did that to everyone he worked with for little more than to be in the headlines again. At least, that is what it looks like.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #695
warhorse78
Side-Kick
 
warhorse78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 1,902
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Given Millar's history of talking out of his a**, I'll believe the actors over him when they say certain things have been removed.
I hope some scenes are removed. I've decided to research this movie before seeing it, and if they do kill those kids, the dog and have the rape in there, I will not watch it. I like my violence in movies, but it does have it's limits with me.


Last edited by warhorse78; 06-25-2013 at 09:51 PM.
warhorse78 is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 09:56 PM   #696
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 26,051
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

The dog will be in it for sure. It is also in GOT.

But the other two I imagine will be gone. At least, I hope so.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #697
Heliflyer
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 74
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
I will just say I think Carrey handled this poorly for his own public image.

He took the job on Kick-Ass as a fan of the franchise. He sought it out. He also took it a month or two after the Aurora shooting at a movie theater left many dead. At a superhero movie no less.

But I understand that Newtown was finally a wake up call for many (though sadly not enough in the US Senate, much less the House). So, he wants to make a stand.

So, instead of telling Universal he is not going to promote the film he...goes on Twitter and makes himself a news story by publicly slamming the film?

In many ways it may actually help KA2, because while the first is a cult classic of sorts, I doubt many even knew a KA2 existed. And if even half of its DVD AUDIENCE shows up, it will do much better than KA1. So, the amount of news coverage KA2 is indirectly getting is a boon in some ways.

However, Carrey did it to make himself the center of the story. And I am sure he got a 7-figure salary for his small role in that film. Is he going to donate it to charity in relation to Sandy Hook and/or gun violence, or to an organization lobbying for change, like the Brady Campaign?

It doesn't seem that way, otherwise he would have made a spectacle out of that too. Ergo, he insulted a film and all the cast and crew who worked on it with him to make himself a headline again on this issue.

In some ways, this PR disaster (associating Sandy Hook with Kick-Ass 2), may ultimately help Universal. That remains to be seen. However, Carrey inconsiderately did that to everyone he worked with for little more than to be in the headlines again. At least, that is what it looks like.
He has not slammed the film, in fact, he has made a point of not talking ill of it. He has actually stayed quite ethical, and you are incorrect on his timing.

Tell me, if you woke up one day to find your employer violating something you had a very strong moral stance on, would you stay silent? Be honest here, please do not be disingenuous because almost everyone is self-serving and complicated:

I maintain that most people would keep their mouths' shut, even when faced with a horrific moral quandary. Carrey arrived at one, and yes, because he does have "f*** you" money, he can take a moral stand with little to no financial impact, that is a privilege of wealth. But (and mind you I am no Carrey fan) he has not once "slammed the movie". He has said he has had a change of heart and will not go on the media junket to promote the film.

Big difference. Frankly, I wish more people would stand up in the face of laissez-faire and make the world more aware, and possibly, better.

Heliflyer is offline  
Old 06-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #698
Poni_Boy
Giggedy
 
Poni_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 6,353
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliflyer View Post
He has not slammed the film, in fact, he has made a point of not talking ill of it. He has actually stayed quite ethical, and you are incorrect on his timing.

Tell me, if you woke up one day to find your employer violating something you had a very strong moral stance on, would you stay silent? Be honest here, please do not be disingenuous because almost everyone is self-serving and complicated:

I maintain that most people would keep their mouths' shut, even when faced with a horrific moral quandary. Carrey arrived at one, and yes, because he does have "f*** you" money, he can take a moral stand with little to no financial impact, that is a privilege of wealth. But (and mind you I am no Carrey fan) he has not once "slammed the movie". He has said he has had a change of heart and will not go on the media junket to promote the film.

Big difference. Frankly, I wish more people would stand up in the face of laissez-faire and make the world more aware, and possibly, better.
Well said

__________________


Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Poni_Boy is offline  
Old 06-26-2013, 12:18 AM   #699
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 26,051
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliflyer View Post
He has not slammed the film, in fact, he has made a point of not talking ill of it. He has actually stayed quite ethical, and you are incorrect on his timing.

Tell me, if you woke up one day to find your employer violating something you had a very strong moral stance on, would you stay silent? Be honest here, please do not be disingenuous because almost everyone is self-serving and complicated:

I maintain that most people would keep their mouths' shut, even when faced with a horrific moral quandary. Carrey arrived at one, and yes, because he does have "f*** you" money, he can take a moral stand with little to no financial impact, that is a privilege of wealth. But (and mind you I am no Carrey fan) he has not once "slammed the movie". He has said he has had a change of heart and will not go on the media junket to promote the film.

Big difference. Frankly, I wish more people would stand up in the face of laissez-faire and make the world more aware, and possibly, better.
He did not "wake up" to this. It has been seven months and he hasn't said a word until he could fire it for maximum exposure.

And even if it raises a curiosity factor, he has associated the film with Newtown. That means any press junkets that Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Chris Mintz-Plasse or Jeff Wadlow do will be bombarded with questions about Carrey and whether this film endorses violence and why did Carrey associate it with Newtown.

And again, if he felt this strongly about it, why not make a big deal about donating his salary to charities related to gun violence or to the Brady Campaign? Why not just tell Universal he will not promote the movie quietly? Instead, he takes to Twitter where he captures his bosses as off guard as anyone else. But it makes him a red-hot headline in the process.

He leaves everyone else who worked on the film with him in an uncomfortable position while he takes the publicity and walks away.

BTW, I actually agree with his politics (though I do not think KA2 is the problem). I just think the way he handled this was very poor.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline  
Old 06-26-2013, 12:26 AM   #700
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 29,382
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
He did not "wake up" to this. It has been seven months and he hasn't said a word until he could fire it for maximum exposure.

And even if it raises a curiosity factor, he has associated the film with Newtown. That means any press junkets that Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Chris Mintz-Plasse or Jeff Wadlow do will be bombarded with questions about Carrey and whether this film endorses violence and why did Carrey associate it with Newtown.

And again, if he felt this strongly about it, why not make a big deal about donating his salary to charities related to gun violence or to the Brady Campaign? Why not just tell Universal he will not promote the movie quietly? Instead, he takes to Twitter where he captures his bosses as off guard as anyone else. But it makes him a red-hot headline in the process.

He leaves everyone else who worked on the film with him in an uncomfortable position while he takes the publicity and walks away.

BTW, I actually agree with his politics (though I do not think KA2 is the problem). I just think the way he handled this was very poor.
Exactly. Well said. I have no problem with his views or politics, but how he has done this has been ridiculously poor imo. He has left it to a group of young actors to deal with the fallout. He could have done this months ago, let it die down, but nope.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.