The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Old 11-19-2011, 11:37 AM   #26
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG

Oliver opens the door to his Penthouse at The Metropolis Towers and grabs a bottle of water and proceeds to chug it.

Once he is done with the water he stands out on his patio and looks off into the distance at the LexCorp Towers.

Okay time to think whatever Lex has on Patrick he has got to keep it close. He wouldn't be foolish enough to leave it out in the open or somewhere where a lot of people traffic happens like his office. Which means that he has got to be storing it in his Penthouse which is on the top of Northern LexCorp Tower so he can see everything as he says. Getting in there has got to be like trying to get into Fort Knox and CIA Headquarters. With all the lights shining on it at night getting in by cable from the outside is out. Elevators probably have cameras so that leaves them out.

He shakes his head slowly and says, "Whatever he has on you Patrick it had better be big."

Oliver collects his thoughts for a moment.

I think I have an idea finally it's gonna take some doing, and I don't have a lot of time, but I think I'll just go right in through the back door, but to make this work it's gonna take a lot of patience especially when dealing with him

John 3:16

Last edited by MST3K 4ever; 11-19-2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Refinement
MST3K 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:51 AM   #27
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Lex puts the finishing touches on getting ready for his day out.

He calls to his assistant Mercy on the private intercom and says, "I won't be back until late this evening any calls or messages leave them on my desk I'll tend to them tomorrow."

She replies, "Very well Mr. Luthor. Shall I have the Limo brought around for you?"

Lex says, "No I think I'll take the Ferrari today make sure it's ready and my clubs are in the trunk. I'll be down in about 10 minutes."

Mercy says, "No problem Mr. Luthor."

Lex disconnects from the intercom system and takes a quick drink from his bar.

He looks behind the bar and sees the blackmail material against Patrick.

Lex then grins as he toasts himself and says, "And to the victors go the Spoils!"

He finishes his drink and leaves his Penthouse Suite.

Last edited by MST3K 4ever; 11-19-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:51 AM   #28
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
The screen changes again. This time there are five mugshots on the screen in front of us.

"These are the only identified Brotherhood members we know so far: Magneto, Dr. Light, Mystique, Killer Frost, and Toad. Anyone of them could be on the team headed to Washington. Or it could be an all new threat. We won't know until we get in the field. J'onn, Jean, Kitty, Logan, and I will be the field team with Storm and Beast as support. Questions?"
I look over at Kitty anxiously. She's young, and has barely began to truly master her powers. I don't want to discriminate against our younger reserve members, but I also don't want people to see a dead teenager on the evening news. I know we need to see what they can do, but going up against the Brotherhood might not be the best way to test that.

"I don't like going in blind," I respond with a sigh. "But it sounds like we don't have much of a choice. Do we have any intel on where the press conference is being held?"

"I have the schematics," Hank says. "But from the sound of things I believe we should get going. I can brief everyone on the Blackbird."

Old 11-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #29
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Sometime later there is a knock at Oliver's door.

He opens it up and standing there is a Blue-eyed Blond standing about 6 foot tall and very curvy.

Oliver looks at her for a moment and she says, "Well don't you know what to do next big boy?"

Oliver rolls his eyes and shakes his head and says, "Get in here!"

She replies as she enters closing the door, "Oh nice start!"

Oliver says, "Knock it off O'Brien! We don't have time to screw around!"

The Blond shape-shifts back into Plastic Man who says, "Lighten up Ollie we're the good guys we always win. What's got your bow in a twist?"

Oliver says, "I need you to do some recon for an errand I have to do tonight. Find it everything about the security rotations, guards, cameras, sensors everything and I need a copy of the building schematics."

He tosses Plastic Man a flash drive and says, "Use this get me everything and anything and I need it by 7pm.."

Plastic Man looks at the flash drive and says, "Sure thing Ollie piece of cake with ol' Plas here! Where am I going?"

Oliver steps aside and motions towards the Northern LexCorp Tower.

He says, "The Northern one. I gotta get in there and get some info back. Lex is blackmailing a good man, and a lot of lives are counting on it."

Plastic Man makes his mouth drop all the way to the floor and then reshapes it and says, "Yeah but but but that's that's; LEXCORP OLLIE! Really? Why didn't you say the White House that would be easier."

Oliver says, "I know it's difficult and it will be for me later on as well, but I wouldn't do this if it weren't for the sake of others. Will you help me Plastic Man?"

Plastic Man says, "All-right Robin Hood you got me, but this better be worth it for me too. The target and the time I got to work with it's not gonna be easy."

Oliver smiles and says, "Thanks. In terms of payment for services rendered; How about another assignment in two weeks."

Plastic Man replies, "Oh great what is it this time break into the FBI Building or The Pentagon?"

Oliver chuckles and says, "The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit team is gonna be using my private island for their photo shoot for 2 weeks, and I want someone there I can trust to help provide extra security for them. I'll even make the travel arrangements and you'll have complete access to the estate and the entire Island too. You game?"

Plastic Man smiles very broadly and says, "Breaking into LexCorp? No Sweat! I got this one Ollie! You are so on the Christmas Card List!"

Oliver says, "I thought you might like that one. Get going the clock is ticking be back here by no later than 7pm. If you're not back by then I'm gonna assume you got caught and I'll have to pull off a rescue op too. Which means kiss the Swimsuit ladies Bye-Bye and I will be very grumpy."

Plastic Man says, "No problemo Robin of Locksley! I'm on my way."

As Plastic Man leaves the Penthouse Ollie begins going over his equipment and evaluating options in case Plastic Man doesn't return.

Last edited by MST3K 4ever; 11-19-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #30
SenseiofCheese
has been expecting you.

"You're a pig."

Pepper Potts threw the tie at Tony's face, and he grinned as it settled on his shoulder. Tony would be the first to admit his life would be ruins were it not for Pepper, his personal assistant and, at times such as this, skank-repellent.

"Don't be such a prude, Pepper." Tony slung the tie around his neck and began the process of tying it. "I will have you know that in Europe, mothers and daughters sharing lovers is the norm."

"Oh, and what part of Europe were those two lovely ladies from?"

"Kansas is in Europe, right?" Tony frowned, as his hands clumsily undid the tie for the second time in a row.

Pepper sighed, laying her iPad on the desk and walking over to Tony. Standing mere inches from his face, she expertly tied the tie. "You smell lovely today." Tony smiled, disarming as usual.

"And you smell like Kansas." Pepper couldn't help but smile.

"So, why am I dressed in a suit, again?"

Pepper walked over to the window and opened the blinds, and for a moment Tony felt like his head would explode as his body reminded him just how much alcohol he had consumed the night before. "You promised Hi-Tech Magazine an exclusive. You agreed to talk about your little Iron Man toy, as well as the Stark Industries-WayneTech joint project."

"First off, Iron Man is not a toy. It is a work of art." Tony feigned insult, staring at, and admiring, his own reflection. "Second, Bruce would have my head if I talked to the media about our project. Was I, per chance, drinking when I made that promise?"

"You didn't make that promise, I did. Because you've promised Hi-Tech six exclusives and flaked on every single one. You don't have to spoil your super-secret project, just give them something." Pepper reached down and grabbed the iPad. "And if Bruce Wayne doesn't like it, he can take it up with me."

"It's not Bruce I'm afraid of. Who could be? It's Alfred who creeps me out."

---------

"Mr. Stark! Mr. Stark!"

"Tony!"

"TONY! OVER HERE!"

A veritable army of reporters were waiting for Tony as he stepped out the front door of the Four Seasons in New York. He could only imagine the state of his hangover had he not taken the precaution of wearing sunglasses, as countless camera flashes bathed him in an almost divine light.

Armed with his trademark smile, Tony began making his way through the crowd of reporters and paparazzo. "Tony! What do you have to say about your unauthorized biography's scathing account of--"

"Tony! Over here! Tony!"

"Mr. Stark, is there any truth to the allegations--"

"Tony! When you're wearing your Iron Man armor how do you--"

"Mr. Stark!"

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please. I am much too hung over to answer all your questions. Make an appointment with Ms. Potts and I'll be sure to ignore it."
Tony turned and waved one last time as he finally made it to his limo, escaping the horde.

"Hello, Tony."

Tony's heart jumped as he noticed the small, unassuming man sitting across from him. Shorter than most teenagers, ginger hair with a gray streak across his temple, the man smiled a crooked smile.

"Anthony. Always a pleasure."

"Don't try to smooth-talk me, Tony. Your bravado will get you nowhere." the man frowned in disgust. "And I've told you, I prefer Professor Ivo."

Removing his sunglasses and casting them aside, Tony looked Ivo in the eyes and smiled gently. "I know, that's why I call you Anthony."

Unfazed, Ivo leaned forward. "I'm here to give you one last chance to reconsider."

"So we're just blowing right past how you got into my limo, then?"

"You know my android is the next step in robotics. Just let me show you."
Ivo pleaded, trying, and failing, to keep his cool.

"Your....what was it?"

"Amazo."
Ivo spat.

"Right. Great name." Tony reached over to the bar and began pouring himself a glass of scotch. "Your Amazo-plans were mediocre at best. If anything, it's a step backwards in robotics, Anthony."

Ivo's face contorted in anger. "You pathetic, arrogant liar! You're jealous of my work! That's why you won't admit it. That's why you had me fired!"

"No, Anthony."
Tony took a large sip of the scotch, downing the entire portion. "I fired you because you are a creepy, little man."

"I'm going to show you, Tony Stark. I'm going to show you just how good Amazo is."

"Fantastic. I'll be over here, positively giddy with excitement, and in the meantime you can show yourself out of my car."

For a moment the two men stared at each other. Ivo was a barely contained beast, overcome with anger. For a moment Tony thought the man might actually take a swing at him. But, suddenly, Ivo's entire demeanor shifted. The small scientist sat back as his lips curled into a smile.

"Very well."

Ivo reached over and opened the car-door and moved to exit. Pausing for a moment, he turned to Stark. "Be seeing you, Iron Man."

Tony was many things, but slow on the uptake was not one of them. "You know where to find me." he replied, stone-cold, unblinking.

Last edited by SenseiofCheese; 11-19-2011 at 04:16 PM.
SenseiofCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #31
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Previously

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Quote:

The Bowery
1:43 AM

The reluctant snitch I'm driving into the wall is Anton Petrus. A mid-level dealer for the Falcones, he's second only to Jefferson Skeevers when it comes to handling the organization's drug dealing. The mob has their twisted codes of honor, drugs are supposed to be off-limits to true mafiosos. So they created loopholes, letting people like Skeevers, who is black, and Petrus, a Ukrainian, actually handle the business while they reap the benefits.

"Please, let me go!" He begs. I keep applying pressure, pressing him harder and harder against the wall.

"Tell me why your poisoned heroin is killing junkies all over the city."

"It..it ain't ours! I swear to God! We had a shipment of horse that got hijacked a few months ago! It was our whole supply for the rest of the year!"

I pull Petrus from the wall and sling him across the alley into the other wall. He bumps into it and falls down on the ground.

"You're lying. If a shipment that big had been robbed, I would have heard about it."

"No, its the truth! Falcone and Skeevers...they...they covered it up. All the guys who were part of the crew bringing it in were whacked. They thought one of them was an inside man, so they killed them all off."

It's logical for them to keep it quiet. A robbery of that scale would be seen as a major sign of weakness. With people like Maroni and Hammerhead nipping at Falcone's for the top spot, finding out about something like this would have given both of them enough confidence to make their move.

"If your people are not involved, how are the drugs still being distributed?"

"We don't know. None of our dealers are involved, but there's plenty of independents out there on the corners who'd want a quality package like that."

"Who robbed your shipment?"

"One...one of the guys who was part of the crew that got robbed said it was four guys. There was a big man, a cowboy, a little guy in a suit, and a clown leading them..."

I approach Petrus and pick him up, slamming him into the wall.

"I'm not in the mood for games!"

"That's the truth! Swear to God! I was in the room when he said it! It's the truth! A big man, cowboy, a guy in a suit, and a clown!"

I narrow my eyes at Petrus and drop him. He falls flat on the ground and grabs his neck.

"Stay out of trouble, Petrus. Next time, be more forthcoming when I ask you something. It'll save us both a lot of trouble."

I walk away from Petrus, but turn as soon as I hear the rustling behind me. A knife cuts through the air by my shoulder. Petrus' switchblade slashes at my neck. I thrust my hand up and catch his arm, twisting it and causing a loud pop to echo through the alley. He falls to the ground and screams in pain. I tune out his screams and turn back around, walking out of the alley and back into the night.

Wayne Tower
6:21 AM

The sun's beginning to rise, bringing daylight to Gotham. All the criminals and predators retreat back into their snakeholes. Like vampires, the first hint of sunlight sends them scampering.

I guess I'm no different in that regard.

Wayne Tower is my home, I consider the old manor to be my father's home. I haven't stepped foot on the grounds since I was sixteen. The one thing I appreciated about the manor was what was underneath. My father always told me about the elaborate cave system that had occurred over thousands of years in the limestone rock. That's why, when I came back to the city, I decided to have a special section underneath Wayne Tower dedicated to housing all my equipment. It's a place where I can carry out my Batman work in peace and quiet.

Alfred jokingly calls it the "Batcave" I prefer to think of it as a bunker.

"Good morning, sir."

Speak of the Devil. Alfred steps off the service elevator with a plate of breakfast while I busy myself at the computer.

"I trust the night's agenda of head-cracking went as planned?"

"Business as usual."

Alfred lays the plate beside me while the computer connects with the FBI's National Crime Information Center. The database is connected to all state and city police agencies.

"The only decent tip I got all night was concerning the identity of the men tampering with the heroin. The man I question said it was four men. A large man, a cowboy, a little man in a suit, and a clown leading them."

"Sounds like they're one Indian short of the Village People."

I chuckle and begin my search. If these men are in the system, the Northeastern US is the best place to search. It's highly unlikely that they would come across country just to run this scam. I start with the big cities in the region. Gotham, Philadelphia, New York, and Metropolis. Anyone with an MO vaguely matching Petrus' description. I hit paydirt twenty minutes later in the New York database.

Jackson W. Brice aka Montana. He wears a cowboy hat and has a tendency to use a lasso. His known associates are Daniel Brito aka Fancy Dan, a 5'5 strong arm man with past arrests for armed robbery, and Raymond Bloch aka Ox, a 6'5 300 pound former boxer who has more than a few assaults on his rap sheet.

It's a pretty safe bet that these are the men Petrus spoke of...but no clown. The closest thing even matching a criminal with a clown motif is an armed robber from Metropolis who used a clown mask to rob a convenience store six years ago.

"Pardon me, sir," Alfred says, snapping me out of my trance. "But you're going to be late for your meeting with Mister Fox."

"I'll be fine. It's not until eleven."

"Yes, and it's ten after ten."

I furrow my brow and look at the clock. He's right. I've been in front of the computer for nearly four hours and I had no idea.

"Is there any way Lucius can wait?"

"It's in relation to the joint project with Stark Industries. I believe the board of directors have just a few more questions before they sign off on it."

"I was going to shadow Jefferson Skeevers today. I want to find out the mob's take on the hit and what they're doing about it. You don't steal over a hundred and twenty kilos of heroin from them and live to tell about it."

"How exactly did you plan to have billionaire Bruce Wayne follow a lowlife like Skeevers without attracting attention?"

"I was planning on going incognito...but I have another idea. Maybe you could do it?"

"Me?" Alfred asks with a surprised look.

"Yes. Let's not forget, bultering isn't exactly your first profession."

"It's been years since I had to shadow someone."

"Just like riding a bike. Skeevers' information is in the computer. Where he lives, where he hangs out. Try to get a listening device on him if you can."

I stand up and pat Alfred on the shoulder.

"I have faith in you."

"Good. I have the faith of a man who calls himself Batman. I'll let the sociopaths and drug dealers know that if they capture me."

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:43 PM   #32
Carnage27
No one's puppet

I don't like Maxwell Lord. That much I can already tell, and so far, I haven't said a word to him. Mostly because he won't let me. The man hasn't stopped talking since we left Alan in the room where I woke up. He reminds me of Howard Stark. Except Lord has half the brains, twice the ego, and a whole lot less charisma. But that doesn't stop him from believing he does.

"I really am proud of what we've put together here," he says for about the fiftieth time. All he's talked about is this Checkmate organization I'm now apparently going to be a part of. I can't deny that it sounds like a good idea. It's a government organization made to protect America from terrorism and metahuman threats. And according to Lord, they've been doing well for themselves and for the country. I certainly can't fault him for that one.

The organization is set up by two different sides of the coin: Black and White, like a chess board. The White, led by Alan, is the information side. They're information gathering is top notch and unparalleled, apparently. Alan has ears all over the place, and has a media outlet of his own, according to Lord. The Black side is operations, and they've taken out quite a few threats. Lord leads that side, along with some woman named Waller.

"These threats have been progressing faster than we can keep up with them, I'm afraid," he says as we pass through an arch labeled "Sci Division". "So we've had to liaise with various corporations to construct some new toys. This is going to be out heavy hitter."

He flicks a light and the sight that greets me is amazing. It's an aircraft carrier with what seems like jet engines lined up on the sides. "Meet the Helicarrier, Cap. Our first in a line of mobile fortresses. Using these we'll be able to respond to and defeat any threat in a matter of moments. This is only the first in the fleet. But I'm sure we'll get the funding for more."

The smile he fives me after that last sentence sets me on edge a bit. I know how serious bureaucrats can get when it comes to their pet projects.

"Come on, Cap," he slaps me on the back. Dang I hate this guy. A lot. Only the soldiers who shed blood with me get to call me Cap. Not this guy. "Let's go meet your team."

"My team?" I ask as we walk towards the Checkmate barracks. "Seriously? You're gonna unfreeze me and stick on some team right away?"

"Why do you think we were looking for you?" he responds off-hand, swiping a card to enter the barracks area. "This wasn't some science experiment, Steve. Things are in motion. Things my regular group is having a hard time handling. We brought you back to stop them. Not to see if we could."

The quick change of demeanor from Lord is almost disarming. The fire in his eyes burns bright, that much is sure. And all I can do is return his stare with equal intensity, "You're lucky the country needs me, Lord. Because if not, you'd have a super soldier's boot up your ass right now."

"So there he is," a voice says from down the hall. I look up to see a grizzled soldier-type staring at us. He has striking red hair with streaks of grey, and more scars than I can count. He approaches and offers me his hand, which I take, "It's an honor to meet you, Captain. Sargent Rick Flag Jr. Welcome to the team. Lord, I'll take it from here."

Lord tries to protest, but I follow flag quickly, not letting him. "Thanks for that. Any more of that and I may have been arrested a few hours after being resurrected."

"No problem," he says. "I know how much of an ass Lord can be, but he gets us the funds we need. Now," he says as we pass into a common room filled with arcade games, pool tables, and a giant TV, "meet the field team."

The first to greet me is a raven haired woman with the hardest handshake I've ever felt, "Corporal Sasha Bordeaux. Sorry about the shake. I've had...a little work done." She can see my confusion, "Mechanical replacements. My codename is Gears."

Next is probably the sexiest woman I've ever seen. That much is sure. The striking red hair falls to her shoulders, which leads the the body below it, "Special Agent Natasha Romanoff. Espionage specialist. Code name Black Widow."

I have to admit it'll be weird to serve alongside women. Sure, we had a few as camp aides and nurses in Europe, but for the most part they never participated in the fighting. Except for Peggy.

"And my girlfriend," the final member says, putting his arm around Romanoff. "Clint Barton. Named Hawkeye. Marksman."

"So your good with a rifle?" I ask. I've always been a good shot, but I really don't enjoy using guns. I prefer to finish things honorably. Man-to-man.

"Yea, but I prefer a bow," he says, picking up an incredibly advanced bow and fires a bolt that splits another he had already shot into a picture of Maxwell Lord.

"I think we might get along, Clint," I say smiling.

Suddenly, alarms blare in in the area and Barton lets out a string of profanities, while the women on the team head to suit up. Flag pats me on the back, "Come on Cap. Time to go to work."

Barton stands and slings the bow onto his back with a quiver. As he passes by me, he smiles, "Welcome to the Suicide Squad, Cap."

Old 11-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #33
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

"He... he was so fast, I... and he vaporized our guns! Just by lookin' at 'em!"
"Yeah, sure he did. Just watch your head, pal."

Even with the traumatised victims of Intergang giving the police their story, I can't help but let a smile come across my face as I finally reach the door to my apartment. In total, I think that any attempt to steal the bank's income lasted less than sixty seconds - thanks in part to a man in a red cape that everyone will swear exists, but won't have any proof to lend credence to their claims in the police reports. I almost feel bad for the technicians that will have to replace the security camera's melted circuit fuse. But moreover, I'm just happy to have lent a hand towards rescuing the people inside. Sabatoging their weapons and knocking the leader through a desk did just enough to allow Metropolis PD to handle the rest. Like Pa always used to tell me whenever I tried to join any sports in school, life is a team effort. No matter how many advantages you have on your side, it's always going to be the other guy that needs them the most.

Still. Seeing the looks on their faces as their bullets crumbled against my palm was more than worth the risk of losing my anonymity. It's been four months since I decided how to go about this routine - this "saving the innocent" hobby that I've started taking up, and I still don't know how I'm going to be able to reveal myself to the world. When I was younger, I just didn't think it'd ever be a problem. People seemed to tolerate strange happenings all the time, and in the days of Captain America and the Justice Society, we even championed those who were different. It's probably why I took so many risks, back when it was just me in jeans and a red tablecloth draped over my shoulders, putting out outland fires in Mumbai. Part of me must have thought that I was just like him.

But in today's society, I've unfortunately started to realize that it's a different time. Even as we speak, Congress is trying to put forth a Mutant Registration Act in order to maintain some level of control over the populace. I can certainly understand their fears, but to be honest, I also understand the mutants. Being required to sign yourself up for subjecation from a higher power - just for the victimless crime of being who you are - is never going to be what brings the two opposing side of the argument together. So with all of that in mind, it's hard for me to imagine a world where someone who's more than just a mutant can be embraced as something that doesn't evoke the same amount of fear - if not even more of it.

Realizing the lateness of the hour, I take a look at my watch and sigh as I make my way into the apartment - setting aside my jacket on the living room futon, the only piece of real furniture that I own. Fifteen minutes later than I said I'd be. Ma is gonna be worried sick.

Grabbing my phone from the makeshift table I've made out of the cardboard boxes that I brought to move in, I dial the number to the farm and sit myself down, ignoring the roof's leaking ceiling as I produce the paper I bought on the way. Today's edition of The Daily Planet, curteousy of a news vendor with a colorful vocabulary. Already manage to finish the front page story on Waynetech's joint venture with Stark Industries by the time that Ma answers on the other side of the line.

"Hey, it's Clark. Sorry I'm late, I literally just walked in the door."

I can practically hear her sigh of relief. Always did hate it when I'm right.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. It's been great, I've just started settling in. I'd be lying if I said it's as homey as my old room, but I'm giving myself time to adjust."

Circulating through the paper as she responds, my attention shifts as I notice an editorial column highlighting the result of a dropped financial suite against Glen Glenmorgan's company. The plaintiff only backed down when his attorneys brought up the fact that if the case was pursued any further, thousands of dollars in damage to Glenmorgan's reputation as a generous humanitarian would be at stake. Somehow, that made the fact that the lawsuit only happened when the company intimidated it's employees into resignation after getting too close to the truth about their CEO's illegal practices... well, less of a priority.

The glowing heat in my eyes only manages to subside whenever I read the article further, realizing that the piece is going out of it's way to point out the flaws in the prosecution's logic, and even bringing up the fact that the judge presiding over the lawsuit was once a boarding school graduate alongside, who else? Glen Glenmorgan. With a wide smirk on my face, I only just manage to catch the name of the reporter who filed it. For what it's worth, Miss Lane, you've just garnered yourself yourself a new fan.

"Sorry Ma, I didn't hear you. The reception on this phone's terrible. Oh, the outfit? Yeah, it's going along well. Fits pretty snugly under my clothes, I don't think anyone can notice. Except when it comes to hiding the cape..."

Realizing that I'm getting too distracted, I nearly put the paper away. That is, until I notice a small column on page six, advertising an upcoming science demonstration from STAR Labs. I've heard of them a couple of times since I moved to Metropolis, they're supposed to be a world-renowned institute of scientific discoveries. This article's talking about some sort of joint project from Dr. Emil Hamilton and some other scientist from New York, working together to harness the power of focused radiation. The way they talk about Hamilton and his colleague, you'd have thought that they were the top scientists in the world. Heck, maybe they're right. Their listed credentials certainly look impressive.

Infact...

"Hold on a second, I just remembered something. Don't stop talking, alright? Tell me about your day."

Phone in hand, I'm in the barren bedroom of the apartment a second later and sorting through my things in the closet. Ever since I discovered I wasn't of this planet, I've been meaning to find a place to hide all of the weird stuff that came with the ship that brought me here. I guess that, in hindsight, a closet isn't the most secure place in the world to keep it all under wraps. But after a few moments, I finally find my eureka item and pull it out of a backpack full of clothes, to keep it hidden from sight.

A crystalized fragment of something. Pa always said it was the first thing he noticed whenever they discovered the ship, because it was glowing brighter than anything he had ever seen - and not only that, he could swear that he heard voices coming out of it.

Something about the crystal has always intrigued me. But I have no idea how to figure out what it's real purpose is. I've tried everything to get it to glow like it did when I arrived, but nothing seems to work. Maybe if Hamilton and his friend are in town long enough, I can send it in for an expert's opinion. I first heard about STAR Labs because they're the only place in the country to employ both geneticists and astrobiologists to help study the physical properties of moon rocks, meteorites, and other items that have drifted in from space.

I'd say that this definitely counts.

"That's great, Ma. I'd say that if Mr. Hubbard is willing to lend a hand, you should take him up on it."

The demonstration's supposed to take place tommorrow, right here in the city.

Good thing I didn't have anything planned.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #34
sumowrestler
Side-Kick

Strange's Inner Sanctorum

The room is filled with books, scrolls, potions, and varius other mystical and old items along the walls and edge of the floor. A few different colored flames flicker throughout the room giving the room a very ominous feel to it. Strange floats in the middle of the room a couple feet off the ground with his eyes closed and legs crossed with his usual red cape gently flapping from some unknown source since there are no windows or fans blowing. Then he notices a slight but expected breach in his sanctorum's wards. An awk shaped portal appears before him as a man in a yellow helmet, cape, and boots mixed with a blue chest and legs walk out of it. Strange then opens his eyes and stretches out his legs onto the ground.

"It is good of you to come here, Dr. Fate. I'm trusting you as a fellow mystic of calibur to not reveal this particular location."

"I fully understand your concer, Dr. Strange. I'm very protective of my own home. So why did you summon me here?"

"As you may know, I'm the current Sorcerer Supreme for this dimension. You might be one of the few who could challenge me for the title but rather glad you have allowed me to keep the position. With my given responsibility, I have to keep tabs on mytsic going on here on Earth and other possible mystic threats which you most likely do as well given your own personal 'talents'. The thing that concerns me right now though is the relatively high jump in mystics on this world and dimension in the past couple decades. Some are not much more then your side show attraction magicians while others seem to be far more potent to the point of rivaling our own powers. Most are of the more typical magician side but I've also been noticing more demonic powers rising as well. What are your thoughts on these several new beings?"

"As you guessed, I've noticed the rise as well. I may not have come into my abilities as soon as you but been keeping track partly out of curousity and caution. From my own research, such happenings that we are noticing isn't anything new for this planet and happen in an ebb and flow wave pattern but this does seem to be one of the higher crests if not the highest in the history. It is near impossible though to get an accurate reading unless you are able to detect every single magic and demonic power out there with ease. The other thing we have to remember is there are much higher powers who show up from time to time who aren't residents of this world or dimension."

"I can't detect every last one but have battled my fair share of mystics in recent years. I know that this country is more concern about the rise in mutants but have to wonder how many of those mutants are actually mystics who simply don't know how to control their powers or energies they tap into. The real scary ones would be who are both mutants and mystics for their potential would go through the roof."

"So what do you suggest? The US Government are debating a bill right now of having a registeration act for mutants. Are you wanting to propose a similar act for them to create and enforce? I would be surprised that many mystics would go for that idea. As you said, most are probably the more mundane slight of hand with very limited inner dimension teleporting powers or very limited elemental control who are hardly a threat to society unless one of their tricks goes bad and then only to their customers."

"No, if anything, you and I should continue our own monitoring but as powerful as you and I are, if any of these new mystics would band together to try to take over the world, then it would be a fight for either of us to do alone. My idea is to take some of the more powerful, would it be current aiblity or potential, and train them properly in the hopes they would use their abilities to assit in protecting this dimension. As you know, the more powerful threats are the ones that 99.9% of the population doesn't know about due to being interdimensional in nature. The main problem will be finding willing mystics and a place to do the training. A pocket dimension would work but that would be dangerous if the barriers ever fell apart and bleed into some of the other dimensions that are less friendly to humans and Earth."

"Hmm, so you think that between you and I that we could train such a group? Do understand that my abilities differ from yours in origin and capabilities. The other problem is that we would be neglecting our primary duty that both were charge with and that is keeping this realm protected from mystic forces. How will we be able to do so while we train others? Then there is our own studies which I know you do if you are wise. Sometimes ignorance is bliss."

"Ah, ignorance can be bliss but once ignorance is no longer but replaced with curousity, that can be dangerous and something I want to guide if all possible. I want this to be more then you or me taking up one or two pupils at a time to teach even though that might be all we are able to convince initially. I've seen reports of other groups, some being mutants, that fight to protect this country and world. We would specialize in more of the interdimensional threats as both of us brought up but at the same time. The biggest concern I have, in that regard, is the number of demonic connections I've noticed. Some, like the Ghost Rider, are hard to determine where they fall on the side of good and evil. So will you at least consider the idea?"

"I will give it some though, Dr. Strange Sorcer Supreme. I'm not sure when I"ll be able to give you an answer but until then, keep your eyes including your mystic eye open."

With a nod, Dr. Fate opens his more usual ark doorway and walks into it leaving Strange in his inner sanctorum.

sumowrestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #35
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
"These are the only identified Brotherhood members we know so far: Magneto, Dr. Light, Mystique, Killer Frost, and Toad. Anyone of them could be on the team headed to Washington. Or it could be an all new threat. We won't know until we get in the field. J'onn, Jean, Kitty, Logan, and I will be the field team with Storm and Beast as support. Questions?"
Just as Summers finished his brief, Logan noticed the Grey woman looking over at the younger girl being brought with them. And silently, he had to agree with the sentiment. He could certainly understand Xavier's need for reserves whenever it came to a group like this, but she wasn't even old enough to drink, much less throw herself in the line of fire. And then there was the other odd facet of the group - J'onn, wasn't it? What kind of a name was that? Nevermind the fact that physically, he looked strange, even for someone with a genetic mutation. It was almost as if he were never human. He certainly didn't smell like he ever was.

The more that he considered it, the more that Logan realized that coming down here may have been a mistake. But it wasn't like he was given much of a choice. He figured that if he had kept fielding their offer to join up, he'd have to find himself a new place to stay. And it was hell enough just getting across the border, so he didn't want to risk having to go back. At least not for awhile. Guess I'm stuck with these military rejects.

The first to step forward, Logan gave Summers a narrow sneer. He didn't like the way that the guy had been looking at him ever since he came back to Westchester. Like there was some sort of resentment. Maybe he just didn't like how Logan couldn't keep his eyes off of the redhead.

"Well? You heard the man. We got less than an hour, so let's get goin'."

"Yes, I believe that Hank is right. It would be wise to continue this discussion on your way. Good luck to all of you, I will leave you to suit-up."

Suit-up?

Xavier stopped, mid-way through wheeling himself out of the room, before his eyes fell back on Logan. Almost as if he had heard his thoughts - which, given the man was a telepath, was probably true. "Ah, I believe we've yet to assign Logan a uniform. Hank, would you accompany him to your lab? I believe you've designed several different pieces over the years that could help create something temporary."

The blue furball, Beast, stepped over to Logan and nodded.

"Of course, Charles. Logan?"

Annoyed that they had to waste the time, Logan nevertheless followed Beast out of the room as the others began to prepare themselves.

Long as it ain't tights.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:37 PM   #36
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Previously

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Quote:

Wayne Tower
6:21 AM

The sun's beginning to rise, bringing daylight to Gotham. All the criminals and predators retreat back into their snakeholes. Like vampires, the first hint of sunlight sends them scampering.

I guess I'm no different in that regard.

Wayne Tower is my home, I consider the old manor to be my father's home. I haven't stepped foot on the grounds since I was sixteen. The one thing I appreciated about the manor was what was underneath. My father always told me about the elaborate cave system that had occurred over thousands of years in the limestone rock. That's why, when I came back to the city, I decided to have a special section underneath Wayne Tower dedicated to housing all my equipment. It's a place where I can carry out my Batman work in peace and quiet.

Alfred jokingly calls it the "Batcave" I prefer to think of it as a bunker.

"Good morning, sir."

Speak of the Devil. Alfred steps off the service elevator with a plate of breakfast while I busy myself at the computer.

"I trust the night's agenda of head-cracking went as planned?"

"Business as usual."

Alfred lays the plate beside me while the computer connects with the FBI's National Crime Information Center. The database is connected to all state and city police agencies.

"The only decent tip I got all night was concerning the identity of the men tampering with the heroin. The man I question said it was four men. A large man, a cowboy, a little man in a suit, and a clown leading them."

"Sounds like they're one Indian short of the Village People."

I chuckle and begin my search. If these men are in the system, the Northeastern US is the best place to search. It's highly unlikely that they would come across country just to run this scam. I start with the big cities in the region. Gotham, Philadelphia, New York, and Metropolis. Anyone with an MO vaguely matching Petrus' description. I hit paydirt twenty minutes later in the New York database.

Jackson W. Brice aka Montana. He wears a cowboy hat and has a tendency to use a lasso. His known associates are Daniel Brito aka Fancy Dan, a 5'5 strong arm man with past arrests for armed robbery, and Raymond Bloch aka Ox, a 6'5 300 pound former boxer who has more than a few assaults on his rap sheet.

It's a pretty safe bet that these are the men Petrus spoke of...but no clown. The closest thing even matching a criminal with a clown motif is an armed robber from Metropolis who used a clown mask to rob a convenience store six years ago.

"Pardon me, sir," Alfred says, snapping me out of my trance. "But you're going to be late for your meeting with Mister Fox."

"I'll be fine. It's not until eleven."

"Yes, and it's ten after ten."

I furrow my brow and look at the clock. He's right. I've been in front of the computer for nearly four hours and I had no idea.

"Is there any way Lucius can wait?"

"It's in relation to the joint project with Stark Industries. I believe the board of directors have just a few more questions before they sign off on it."

"I was going to shadow Jefferson Skeevers today. I want to find out the mob's take on the hit and what they're doing about it. You don't steal over a hundred and twenty kilos of heroin from them and live to tell about it."

"How exactly did you plan to have billionaire Bruce Wayne follow a lowlife like Skeevers without attracting attention?"

"I was planning on going incognito...but I have another idea. Maybe you could do it?"

"Me?" Alfred asks with a surprised look.

"Yes. Let's not forget, bultering isn't exactly your first profession."

"It's been years since I had to shadow someone."

"Just like riding a bike. Skeevers' information is in the computer. Where he lives, where he hangs out. Try to get a listening device on him if you can."

I stand up and pat Alfred on the shoulder.

"I have faith in you."

"Good. I have the faith of a man who calls himself Batman. I'll let the sociopaths and drug dealers know that if they capture me."

IC: Alfred Pennyworth

The East End
12:21 PM

I have the car parked down the block from an apartment complex. According to the computer read out, this is the residents of one Jefferson Skeevers. He's the Gotham Mafia's point man on all things narcotics related.

I've been here in the car, watching and waiting for over an hour. Wagner's playing soft on the radio. Leaning back in the seat, I begin to think about the last time I actually took part in a stakeout. I guess Master Bruce was right, a skill like this you can never forget. Just being here brings me back to my days in West Berlin.
Fifteen minutes later, the man in the purple suit comes out of the apartment complex and begins walking down the street. I chuckle and get out of my car. With the way mister Skeevers is dressed, a blind man could follow him. I wait a few seconds before following behind him down the sidewalk. Skeevers leads me a few blocks over to a dive bar called Wesley's.

Okay, this is it.

"Pardon me, sir," I call out to Skeevers before he goes in. He turns to look at me as I approach him. I pull out a pocket atlas of the city and hold it up.

"I'm a bit lost, I wonder if you could tell me how to get to the diamond district?"

Skeever sizes me up at the same time I size him up. The way he carries himself makes it obivious he has a pistol on his body. Possibly in a shoulder holster. Maybe a hip holster. Either way, it's on his right side.

"Yeah, man, you in the wrong neighborhood for all that." Skeevers says with a chuckle. "What you need to do is head back to the expressway and take a right about two miles down it. That'll take you downtown. From there, you can find it without no problem."

"Thank you."
I reach into my pocket and pull out a twenty. "Please, take this..."

"Naah, man. I'm good. Believe me, I'm good."

I shove it at him and Skeevers pushes me away.

"**** off, man! I don't need your goddamn charity! I make more in a month than you made in your ****** life!"

He scowls at me and walks into the bar. I place the money back into my pocket and walk back to the car. Once behind the wheel, I activate the radio on the passenger seat and listen in.

"****in' guy. Trying to tip me like I'm a goddamn bellhop or something."

Hopefully the listening device on the inside of his jacket sleeve will stay stuck. Skeevers was so busy focusing on the twenty, he neglected to see me slip it on his jacket.

I send a text to Master Bruce and inform him of the successful sleight of hand before I start the car and make my way back downtown to Wayne Tower.

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 11-20-2011, 11:07 PM   #37
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle

Somewhat uncharacteristically, I sat quietly during the mission briefing. I take the opportunity to once more examine my teammates, or as I've begun to think of them, my new family.

Scott is, as always, all business. If there is any apprehension behind his well-trained poker face (bolstered in its effectiveness by the dark visor obscuring his eyes), my eyes cannot tell.

In contrast to Scott, Jean emits warm emotion so much that one doesn't need to actively scan for them to notice her concern for Kitty (another favorite student of mine) is genuine.

For her own part, Kitty doesn't seem to balk at the potential danger of the situation before us. I do not wish to pry telepathically, thus I wonder if it is the true courage I know she has, or just a lack of understanding of what we're up against. My "gut" is leaning towards the former.

Ororo, like myself, sits quietly through the meeting, though I'm not entirely surprised, as such quiet moments are not infrequent with her.

Henry is himself. Of all the X-Men, he is quite possibly the most multifaceted. One moment he is all business, discussing equations or biology, the next, he'll crack a joke or quote Shakespeare. It's not surprising that Charles requested that he go with Logan.

Logan. I have met the wildman before, briefly, during his first visit to the school. The way he looks at me denotes suspicion, and I must admit, I reciprocate it. He scans us somewhat like I do, but his appraisals, if they show on his face, do not seem to come up positively. His attention towards Jean somewhat bothers me (though not as much as it does Scott), but I am becoming more aware of my unconscious protectiveness of young females. I am a father without a daughter, after all.

I approached Scott, catching him alone as the rest were getting themselves ready. He, characteristically, is already prepared. I merely need to concentrate and the casual form I take around the school (in which I appear to wear a form-fitting dark blue suit) shifts into my "uniform", a mostly similar form carefully designed to both intimidate and inspire. As is customary among the team, I wear a large X across my otherwise bare chest, in the center of the X, I hold a chunk of rock from my home planet, keeping it always close to my heart.

"I assume we are expecting more than Erik's usual group."

Last edited by SuperFerret; 11-20-2011 at 11:14 PM.
SuperFerret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #38
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post

I approached Scott, catching him alone as the rest were getting themselves ready. He, characteristically, is already prepared. I merely need to concentrate and the casual form I take around the school shifts into my "uniform", a mostly similar form carefully designed to both intimidate and inspire. As is customary among the team, I wear a large X across my otherwise bare chest.

"I assume we are expecting more than Erik's usual group."
"I wouldn't doubt it. It's been over a year since we've crossed paths with the Brotherhood. I wouldn't be surprised if this team he's sent to Washington are all made up of unfamiliar faces."

Here I am. Talking to a man from Mars. Just J'onn's presence would stun a lot of people. But my sense of surreal with him wore off at least ten years ago.

"If this is an assassination attempt, you can bet Mystique will be involved in some way. I need both you and Jean to keep your minds open to any familiar psychic signatures out there. She can shape shift all she wants, but she can't hide that."

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 11-20-2011, 11:22 PM   #39
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle

Quote:
"I wouldn't doubt it. It's been over a year since we've crossed paths with the Brotherhood. I wouldn't be surprised if this team he's sent to Washington are all made up of unfamiliar faces."

Here I am. Talking to a man from Mars. Just J'onn's presence would stun a lot of people. But my sense of surreal with him wore off at least ten years ago.

"If this is an assassination attempt, you can bet Mystique will be involved in some way. I need both you and Jean to keep your minds open to any familiar psychic signatures out there. She can shape shift all she wants, but she can't hide that."
"Raven would be the most logical person to include in this. I will keep an eye out for her, so to speak. I'm sure she is still sore at how the last encounter I had with her ended." I let a small smile out, "I am the better shapeshifter."

"Speaking of, how discreet will we need to be here? I have little doubt that any revealing of a plot by mutants on the Senator's life will have a negative impact of our peaceful work against the bill, but at the same time, it might give us some better press if we are known as heroes."

Old 11-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #40
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:

"Raven would be the most logical person to include in this. I will keep an eye out for her, so to speak. I'm sure she is still sore at how the last encounter I had with her ended." I let a small smile out, "I am the better shapeshifter."

"Speaking of, how discreet will we need to be here? I have little doubt that any revealing of a plot by mutants on the Senator's life will have a negative impact of our peaceful work against the bill, but at the same time, it might give us some better press if we are known as heroes."
"I actually believe that if we're successful, the existence of the X-Men will finally be made public. It's the Professor's plan to show that we're here and we're dedicated to protecting all people, human and mutant alike. I just hope it actually works. Revealing to the public that there are not one, but two groups of militarized mutants out there might not exactly inspire confidence."

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 11-20-2011, 11:36 PM   #41
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle

Quote:
"I actually believe that if we're successful, the existence of the X-Men will finally be made public. It's the Professor's plan to show that we're here and we're dedicated to protecting all people, human and mutant alike. I just hope it actually works. Revealing to the public that there are not one, but two groups of militarized mutants out there might not exactly inspire confidence."
"We must work hard to ensure that it is abundantly clear that we are on their side then. Perhaps we should give the Secret Service some of the information we have, as a sign of good will."

Last edited by SuperFerret; 11-20-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:40 PM   #42
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
"We must work hard to ensure that it is abundantly clear that we are on their side then. Perhaps we should give the Secret Service some of the information we have, as a sign of good will."
"Agreed. Maybe they can actually have better luck in finding out where Magneto and the Brotherhood are..."

I look over my shoulder to make sure we're not being heard.

"One other thing, J'onn, when we're out there. Just try and keep a check on what Logan is doing...mentally. I know he's more than capable physically, but I'm not fully convinced that he's ready for this."

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 11-20-2011, 11:45 PM   #43
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle

Quote:
"Agreed. Maybe they can actually have better luck in finding out where Magneto and the Brotherhood are..."

I look over my shoulder to make sure we're not being heard.

"One other thing, J'onn, when we're out there. Just try and keep a check on what Logan is doing...mentally. I know he's more than capable physically, but I'm not fully convinced that he's ready for this."
I simply nodded in response, then spoke quickly to change the topic.

"What about Kitty? She is capable as well, but perhaps a little, pardon the expression, green to be potentially going against the Brotherhood."

Last edited by SuperFerret; 11-20-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:48 PM   #44
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
I simply nodded in response, then spoke quickly to change the topic.

"What about Kitty? She is capable as well, but perhaps a little, pardon the expression, green to be potentially going against the Brotherhood."
"The thought did cross my mind, but I don't want you to stretch yourself too thin. Trying to juggle Logan and Kitty on top of looking for Brotherhood assassins may cause you to lose your focus on any one of the three. I can ask Jean to watch Kitty."

-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Old 11-20-2011, 11:52 PM   #45
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle

Quote:
"The thought did cross my mind, but I don't want you to stretch yourself too thin. Trying to juggle Logan and Kitty on top of looking for Brotherhood assassins may cause you to lose your focus on any one of the three. I can ask Jean to watch Kitty."
I place my hand on Scott's shoulder, smiling and nodding, before moving on to join the others in their preparations.

"You should know by now, Scott." I say as I leave.

"I watch out for all of you."

Old 11-21-2011, 03:50 AM   #46
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

"I still don't see why you just roll over and take it like that," Gwen says as we step off the bus, heading to check into our homeroom classes before the field trip. "Flash Thompson is a jerk and an idiot; you shouldn't have to put up with him picking on you all the time."

"I shouldn't have to, no, but unfortunately I do have to," I say, picking the quarterback's spit-wads out of my hair. "In case you haven't noticed, he's built like a refrigerator, and I've barely got enough muscle on me to keep my bones together. So standing up to him isn't exactly an option."

"I didn't say pick a fight with him," she responds. "But there's got to be a better way to deal with it than just letting him bully you like that. That can't be good for your self-esteem."

I raise an eyebrow at her and put on a confused look.

"You say strange words," I say. "This 'self-esteem' of which you speak.....it is not the way of my people. When bully comes, we run and hide, live to fight another day."

"Right. Another day where he picks on you again."

"Hey, I just console myself by thinking about the fact that one day, my tax dollars will be paying for his unemployment."

Gwen laughs, and I laugh, until we round the corner....

"Oh, jeez. Speaking of hits to my self-esteem...."

"Heya Pete!"

"Hi, Petey!"

Harry Osborn is probably my best friend in the whole world-- mainly because I only have like three actual friends and I've known him for about a year longer than I've known Gwen, and Virgil got transferred off to the Xavier school a couple of years ago. Through thick and thin, we've had each other's backs, and I know that at the end of the day, he'd do pretty much anything for me, and vice versa.

Which is why it kills me that he's dating Liz Allan. I've had a crush on her since sixth grade, when she was the only girl in my class who gave me a card on Valentine's Day (okay, so she gave everyone in our class a card, but hey, at least she remembered). I never had the guts to ask her out, though, and once Liz joined the cheerleading squad and became one of the popular kids, that pretty much ended any chances I might have ever had. So seeing her with Harry is a bit like my heart getting gutted like a pumpkin.

"Hey Harry, hey, um....Liz," I stammer. "You guys ready for the big field trip?"

"Eh, I guess."

"I'm really excited. I've never been to Metropolis before! It's just a shame we won't get to see any sights while we're there."

"I've been a couple of times; it's a nice place to visit. I'll see if my Dad will let us go there next weekend, and we can make a real trip out of it."

"Really?! Oh Harry, you're the best!"

Liz throws her arms around Harry and kisses him on the cheek, Harry smiles to himself, and I fight the urge to just curl up into a ball and die.

"Well, I'm looking forward to it. Got my camera and everything. Gonna get some great shots for the paper," I say, trying to sound enthusiastic.

"Oooh, well, make sure you get my good side," Liz says with a giggle before striking a mock pose.

"Heh, yeah.......heh," is all I'm able to manage.

"Anyway, we've gotta get going," Harry says, mercifully cutting off the uncomfortable silence. "See you on the bus in half an hour. You too, Gwen."

Gwen waves, tight-lipped, as Harry and Liz walk by, then looks at me.

"That looked painful," she says.

"That's because it was," I sigh. "God, what am I gonna do, Gwen? I'm hopelessly in love with my best friend's girlfriend. Emphasis on 'hopeless.'"

"Come on, Pete, you've got to move on," she says, putting an encouraging hand on my shoulder. "You are too smart and too sweet of a guy to be hung up on some bubbly ditz like Liz Allan, who's only dating Harry for his dad's money. Whoever you wind up with is going to be really lucky, and if Liz doesn't see it? That's her loss."

"Yeah, I....I guess...." I say sheepishly, staring at my shoes.

"And besides, y'know.....it's not like she's the only girl out there who might like you...."

I look up at her, with that smile that just melts my heart.

"......why, do you know someone?"

Suddenly her smile fades, and Gwen rolls her eyes and strides off in front of me.

"Never mind, Peter," she says. "You really are hopeless sometimes."

I stand there, befuddled for a few moments, before I finally shrug and make my way to homeroom.

"I really do not get girls," I mutter to myself.

Maybe things will finally start going right for me once we're on the bus and on our way to STAR Labs.

Last edited by Andy C.; 11-21-2011 at 03:53 AM.
Andy C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #47
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Lex admires his opening drive off of the 1st tee and Trump nods approvingly. Tiger gives him a look of being impressed and Barkley shakes his head and says, "I'm buying dinner again aren't I?"

The other 3 chuckle and Lex says, "Oh don't take it too hard Charles if you have to buy dinner again why don't you just look into setting up a tab at the Excelsior?"

They all have a good laugh...except Charles.

Lex puts his arm around Charles and says, "Don't worry about it Charles. I'll take care of this."

Lex says as Trump is ready to tee-off, "Gentlemen let's do teams. Charles and I Donald you and Tiger. Losers buy dinner and donate $10,000 to the winners choice of charities."

Trump and Tiger nod and Charles says, "I don't need your pity Lex. I can do fine with either one of these guys."

Lex says, "Actually I was thinking us bald guys gotta stick together."

Charles smirks for a moment and then laughs. He says, "Now that I can get behind!"

They all 4 laugh and Lex says, "Game on Gentlemen!"

Old 11-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #48
sumowrestler
Side-Kick

Hal Jordan walks into the penthouse that his very good friend Oliver Queen has to see what his friend was up to.

"So Ollie, what is tonight's agenda? Do I need to find the tux you have loaned me or do we go out in our other matching outfit? It has been a while since I went green mostly due to this city being much quieter then back home for me."

Jordan looks around and picks up a newspaper seeing the article on the Mutant Registeration Act. The idea of any superhero being forced to signing up for a permission slip from the US Government bothers him. It would be hard on him if he would have to unmask just because the government doesn't like it. To get his mind off of things, he flips through to the business section and notices a couple of articles on Luthorcorp and one on Wayne Enterprises. One thing that does surprise Jordan is no mention of Stark anywhere. Usually the three big international companies each have a section almost dedicated to them on the business pages.

"I know I don't have a head for business, which Carol reminded me of quite often to the point that I thought she enjoyed it, but why has your company not made any big splashes lately? Aren't there some big scientist or companies that you can buy or at least partner up with for some project that would save the world? I know we try in our own ways on the individual level but with your resources, shouldn't there be some way to make a small dent? By no means do I expect you to do anything like the Big Three since those three men have much deeper pockets then you do. If I understand things right, your entire fortune is like chump change to the likes of Wayne or Stark."

Old 11-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #49
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowrestler View Post
Hal Jordan walks into the penthouse that his very good friend Oliver Queen has to see what his friend was up to.

"So Ollie, what is tonight's agenda? Do I need to find the tux you have loaned me or do we go out in our other matching outfit? It has been a while since I went green mostly due to this city being much quieter then back home for me."
Oliver replies, "A little something on the morally questionable side of the law to put it lightly if you're interested."

Jordan chuckles and Oliver says, "If you only knew."

Jordan looks around and picks up a newspaper seeing the article on the Mutant Registeration Act. The idea of any superhero being forced to signing up for a permission slip from the US Government bothers him. It would be hard on him if he would have to unmask just because the government doesn't like it. To get his mind off of things, he flips through to the business section and notices a couple of articles on Luthorcorp and one on Wayne Enterprises. One thing that does surprise Jordan is no mention of Stark anywhere. Usually the three big international companies each have a section almost dedicated to them on the business pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowrestler View Post
"I know I don't have a head for business, which Carol reminded me of quite often to the point that I thought she enjoyed it, but why has your company not made any big splashes lately? Aren't there some big scientist or companies that you can buy or at least partner up with for some project that would save the world? I know we try in our own ways on the individual level but with your resources, shouldn't there be some way to make a small dent? By no means do I expect you to do anything like the Big Three since those three men have much deeper pockets then you do. If I understand things right, your entire fortune is like chump change to the likes of Wayne or Stark."
Oliver replies, "Gee with that kind of sweet talkin' I'm amazed Carol hasn't begged you to marry her!"

Oliver looks at his friends and says, "Sorry Hal I didn't mean to snap at you/ I'm a little on edge. In terms of my company I've managed to hire Hank Pym away from OSCORP. He's doing some cutting edge stuff on molecular biology and probably head up our med contracts with the Government. Speaking of the Government I got an experimental jet our R & D is looking to try and get the Government to bid if you're up for it I'll throw it your way."

Oliver gets out another bottled water and Hal holds up his hand and Oliver tosses it to him.

Oliver says, "In terms of Stark and Wayne we work together on common interests projects and we usually try to stay off of each other's side of the street. We each one have our own areas of expertise and we respect one another for that. OSCORP though I'd give my right arm and let Dinah shave my goatee off with a butter knife if it meant taking him out."

Hal asks, "What about Lex?"

Oliver says, "Which brings me to tonight's action. I'm breaking into LexCorp's North Tower to steal some information."

Hal is stunned and looks as if to say "are you drunk?"

Oliver explains about Senator Layden and the Mutant Registration Act. Hal listens and nods.

Oliver concludes with, "Once Plastic Man gets back here with the lay of the land...."

Hal says with a raised eyebrow, "Plastic Man? You're trusting him! Why didn't you just ask The Joker to help you out?"

Oliver responds, "I know Plas is unpredictable and a wild card at times, but when push comes to shove he'll always do what is right and for the great good. Besides I couldn't ask Sue Richards she's a bit too much on the straight and narrow for something like this."

Oliver asks as he finishes his water, "You in?"

Old 11-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #50
sumowrestler
Side-Kick

"Luthor, you say? What you have in mind is more for you or old pointy ears Batman? I'm wondering why Luthor would want the Act to pass Congress. If they want any direct results of such an act, all they have to do is ask some of the heroes who have went public. John Stewart and Gardner can't seem to do anything here in the States since they wen't public so they are spending most if not all their time out in space. It actually does me a favor because it keeps the Guardians off my back but they've been busy trying to play peace keeper with all of the different space armies. They've yet to forgive Galactus for eating several homeworlds of our Lanterns."

Hal shakes himself a little and takes a big swig of the bottle of water that Ollie tossed him. Time like these makes him glad that Ollie is a bit of a health finantic instead of the likes of Stark who seems half drunk most of the time.

"Sorry for that little soap box rant. The main reason I went back to Carol was to get away from that but as you know how well that worked out for me. I have to give it to you, using your own intelligence and normal human abilities plus gadgets to get the job done instead of mutating yourself or searching for some alien or magical artifact. As for your idea, it might be better if I stay on the outside as a lookout since sneaking in isn't my more usual style and I be in the way. It isn't that I've always stayed on this line of the law, just ask a certain colonel now who I punched, but I probably be in the way if I was in there with you. If and more then likely what security Luthor has, that I might help out with when you get over your head. Oh, as for that experimental plane, I'm up for it as long as you don't go asking Carol for her opinion."

Last edited by sumowrestler; 11-21-2011 at 06:57 PM.