The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Old 06-24-2012, 11:51 PM   #726
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C. View Post
"You're a smart guy, for a nut-case in a cape. So tell me, smart guy, do you really think you can storm a fortress full of murderers and heavily-armed and rabid guards all on your lonesome, especially when you can't even tell what's really there?"

As the Batman gritted his teeth, Joker smiled, and began casually sauntering across the courtyard.

"Of course, you can sit back and let me take a whack at it first," he said. "But just so you know, I'm not the kinda guy who's going to keep the body count to a minimum."
Time was wasting. The longer I lingered here, the more people could die. It was either go along with the maniac in front of me, or face an army of maniacs alone and mentally unsound.

"Saving the island comes first," I said through strained teeth. "We'll square things when this over... Lead the way."

Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #727
Optikal
Professor Chaos

Egypt.

Somewhere high above the sun hit its highest peak, its heat turning the desert sands into a shifting, baking furnace. Upon the fiery surface a body convulsed, angrily coughing blood and spit out to mix and congeal in the heat. Vision blurring and senses shot, Marc Spector knew that the shifting golden dunes would likely be his final resting place. But deep inside of him a small voice cried out a single determined command.

Survive.

The sand had stopped burning underneath him. Instead it had cooled to a gentle, comforting warmth. If he just took a moment to close his eyes he could rest and sleep…

SURVIVE.

The voice was firm and commanding, a feeling deep inside his gut. His legs were damaged, his body leaking lifeblood into the sand from multiple wounds but Marc gritted his teeth, swallowing the metallic taste in his mouth and dragged himself forward, towards a dark shape breaking up the dunes ahead.

Survive.

Live.

With grim determination built from years as a Marine and a government agent, Marc dragged his battered, bleeding husk across the deathly terrain, every pore on his body searing in agony. Teeth gritted, he felt the cool blow of air across his face. One eye had swollen shut but with the other, the dark shape ahead formed into the familiar entrance to a cave and to the temple housed within.

Yes.

Survive.

Live.

Come to me.

“Oh my God! Marc!”

Spector collapsed into the cool dirt of the cave entrance. His body was beyond wracked beyond pain into a cold numb embrace. He was fading fast. His vision was almost gone. His throat was now raw and useless. He wanted to cry out, to scream his torture, but his condition would not allow it. From somewhere gentle hands took hold of him and he felt the dull sensation of movement.

“What did he do to you? Hang in the Marc, I’ll get help”.

Spector swallowed and rolled his head. In the distance he saw a crumpled shape bleeding into the dirt. The gloom of the cave lit by a flickering light would not allow him to understand what it was, but a deep sense of guilt mixed in with the cold embrace that was taking him away from this place. All he wanted to do was sleep. Just close his eyes. Just for a second….

“No! Marc…. Marc! No!”

You are mine now.

Mine and mine alone.

Do you want to live Marc Spector?

Spector blinked. The pain was gone. His body was healed and healthy. All around him was darkness, impenetrable to the eye. A voice came to him. Hot breath whispered on his neck. Marc spun, but there was nothing there.

What is your life worth?

Marc wanted to answer. He wasn’t ready to die in some cave in the middle of nowhere. He certainly didn’t want to die at the hands of the crazy bastard who had left him dead. Was he even dead now? Was this what it was like? Was endless darkness the sentence passed down for the life that he had lived? He had stood by as his partner had betrayed the old archaeologist that they had been paid to assist. He had done nothing as the old man had crumpled and bled out in the arms of his daughter. Though he had chased down the man who had pulled the trigger, were his redemptive actions too little, too late?

Blood, my Knight.

He had bled. His lifeblood had been leaked to the sands. It had all been taken from him by a traitorous murderer named Raoul Bushman. He had no more to give. But he could take Bushmans. He could exact his vengeance and make him bleed.

In my name, make them all bleed.

Fury: Recoil.

-Secret Warriors #4
Optikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #728
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkhedr View Post
"The good news is that I've got...well let's just call it a history, with the Symkarian Royals and by this time tomorrow I should be on Symkarian soil I'll be well on my way to finding our misplaced archer friend."

"I find Hawkeye and I'll find Hydra" Tony concludes by leaning back in his chair, raising his arms and crossing his armored fingers behind his back while wearing an expression that shows just how pleased with himself he is.
I can't help but return Tony's smile. The man may be brash and selfcentered, but he's resourceful. And a genius like his father. In all honesty, he looks so much like him from all those years ago. And of course their attitude is all too familiar.

"You never fail to impress, Tony," I chuckle lightly. "But I guess that's your aim, huh?"

"The Stark men have a way with charisma, Cap," he nods back.

My god. We might actually be getting along here. Through our short time together I never thought that would happen. But here we are. Bonding almost.

We're men of different ages. Me at the beginning of America's rise to the top, and Tony representing the pinnacle. And now we work together to protect it.

"So let us know when you find Hawkeye," I say as I head to leave. "We'll be ready for the call. And Tony...thanks for all the help today. We couldn't have done it without you."

Old 06-26-2012, 03:01 AM   #729
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

&

Previously

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
The Baxter Building
Manhattan

Flash looked out the windows of the Baxter Building at the skyline of New York. "New York exists in my world, too," he said, turning back to look at Johnny, who was immersed in his cellphone. "It's not this big, though. There's another town on the other side of the river where Brooklyn and Queens are. Gotham City."

"Uh-huh," Johnny said, busily typing out a text.

"I mean, you guys have Gotham, too. Keystone and Central as well. Just, everything is in a different spot... I wonder if the Flash here is the same guy?"

"Uh-huh..."

"You're not listening to me, are you?"
"Uh-huh..."

"Hey, look, there's a couple of hot women making out on the street..."

"Uh-huh-- Wait, what?!" Johnny shouted. He ran over to the window, leaning against the glass to look down at the street below. "You son of a--"

"Just seeing if you were paying attention."

"You're evil," he said, stepping away from the glass. "You're from that evil universe where everyone has a goatee."

"Does it look like I have a goatee?" Flash asked, rubbing the smooth skin around his mouth.

"Whatever. I'm bored. Let's go out of here and hit the town."

"Umm, didn't your sister say that I shouldn't leave the Baxter Building? For safety reasons?"

"I dunno," Johnny said with a nonchalant shrug. "Sue says a lot of stuff. Fact is, dude, you're on an alternate Earth and you've got a chance to go sightseeing. You in our out?"

"Well, I'm sure my brother would like me to nab him a t-shirt while I'm here..."

Reed Richards walked through the white void. The expanse stretched endlessly in every direction. His footsteps echoed off the floor with every step he took. "Computer, connect with server SH002."

A figure flickered in front of Reed before the person came into view. He was a tall, skinny man with large glasses. "Reed," Stephen Hawking said in a crisp British accent. The first time in many years a machine had not talked for him.

"Hello, Stephen. I see my virtual reality system is working."

"Like a charm," Stephen said, looking down at his fully functioning arms and legs. "I know it's not real... but it feels so real."

"If the past few years have taught me anything, it's that reality is subjective. Now, you can walk and talk here without the use of your chair, so you can record speeches and lectures for use. But, you can't actually interact with anyone unless they have the same system."

"I understand. But to just be able to do this... this is a real gift." Hawking reached out and patted Reed's shoulder. "Thank you."

"If you wish to thank me, you'll help me out with a problem I'm having."

"What is it?"

"Let me call in some more help first. Computer, run programs: AE0012 and WH5690."

Two figures flickered and then came in focus in front of Reed and Hawking. One was a thin man with wild, gray hair. The other was taller and heavier, his black hair slicked back.

"Hello," the thin man said in a German accent. "where are we?"

"Doctor Einstein, Doctor Heisenberg, I am Reed Richards and this is my colleague, Stephen Hawking."

"How is it we came to be here?" Heisenberg asked, his voice deeper and his German accent thicker than Einstein's.

"We both of you died, you had parts of your brain preserved. For posterity. I took samples of that gray matter and was able to copy your brain patterns. You two gentlemen are currently inhabiting a central processing unit inside my home, the Baxter Building in New York City."

"And why do you need us?" Einstein asked, his hands behind his back.

"Because, I discovered a parallel dimension today. A visitor from an alternate Earth literally fell into my living room. I need to find a way to get him home, a way to travel to through the multiverse. That's why I called you three here. Heisenberg, the father of quantum mechanics; Einstein, the man who changed the world with General Relativity; and Stephen Hawking, the smartest man of the last fifty years."

"Wait just a minute," Einstein started to say.

"You've been dead for fifty-six years, Doctor."

"But I have not," Heisenberg spat.

"Gentlemen," Hawking said, holding his hands up. "We can argue brainpower for ages. Doctor Richards is appealing to our scientific minds. All these years, all these theories and formulas and endless debate, today they became something more. They became a reality. No more debating, no more theories. Reed is offering us a way to go a step further, to move theoretical physics to applied physics. Ground breaking work. Once in a lifetime work."

"In our case, two lifetimes," Einstein said, motioning to both himself and Heinsenberg.

"Thank you for that speech, Stephen. What do you say, gentlemen? Are you ready to change the world one more time?"

"Where is our data?" Heisenberg said. "I cannot work without data."

"I have all the data you could ask for. Computer, open file: UDC2009."

A hovering display popped up and encircled around the four men. Numbers, pictures, displays, and graphs were all etched on to the display.

"Let's get started..."

The Baxter Building

Sue walked through the halls of the living quarters. Things were quiet, they had been quiet for quite sometime. Ben was in the living room, his rocky hands gripping an extra-large, reinforced PS3 controller. It'd been awhile since Sue had heard anything from Johnny or Flash. Reed had isolated himself in his lab nearly eight hours ago. When he came out was anybody's guess.

"Johnny?" Sue asked, peeking her head into her brother's room. The room was empty, Johnny's bed neatly made. Sighing, Sue turned and walked down the hallway. "Computer," she said to the Baxter Building's voice activated AI system. "Track ID for user FF004."

"User logged out of BB mainframe 22 minutes ago along with guest 05128," the automated voice of the building replied. A holographic projector popped out the wall and showed both Johnny and the Flash inside the Baxter Building garage. Johnny jumped into a red sports car and sped off while Flash ran alongside the car.

"Dammit. Track FF004's ID. Get a GPS lock."

"Confirmed. FF004 is currently traveling along West 54th Street at a high rate of speed."

"West 54th Street? That's..."

Midtown

The bright red Ferrari weaved through traffic, going as fast as 90 miles an hour down the busy street. Hip-hop blasted from the car's speakers, the bass rattling the windows. Behind the wheel, wearing a pair of aviator sunglasses, was Johnny Storm.

With a smile, he cut the wheel of the car to the right, skidding it around a corner at full speed. As the car raced down the street, a red blur zipped by and ran around the car. In the blink of an eye, Johnny was sitting in the middle of the street on the car seat with the disassembled car parts all around him. The detached car steering wheel was still in his hands.

"I win," Flash said, standing in front of Johnny with his arm crossed.

"Not cool!" Johnny shouted, tossing the steering wheel over his shoulder. "You cheated!"

"No, I didn't. The race was to Brooklyn right? Well, I went to Brooklyn and back sixteen times and still had time to tear your car apart."

"Yeah, well... you still suck!"

Flash disappeared into a red blur again. He zoomed and dashed around Johnny, rebuilding the car around him. In just a few seconds, Johnny was back behind the wheel of the rebuilt Ferrari. Flash was in the passenger seat, his boots kicked up on the dashboard.

"Now that that little race is over, you said you'd show me a good time."

"And I plan to," Johnny said, looking down at the pulsing light on the car console. A beacon flashed across the LCD display on the radio. Incoming call: Sue.

Johnny ignored the beacon and started the car up, peeling out and racing down the streets. "There's this nightclub I go to over in SoHo. Lots of fine girls there."

"Yeah, I have a girlfriend."

"Is she here? I'm pretty sure it's not cheating if you're in another universe. Kinda like that whole area code thing."

"That's some sound logic there," Flash said, rolling his eyes. "I'll just grow a goatee and say it was my evil twin from this universe that did it."

"Evil twin from another universe," Johnny shouted, slapping his forehead with an open palm. "Why haven't I used that excuse before!"

Suddenly, four NYPD squad cars blew past the Ferrari, their lights on and sirens blasting. They cut through traffic, weaving across the street towards their destination.

"How about we follow them?"

"Aww, c'mon."

"I'm in an alternate universe, I want to see what kind of freaky baddies you got for me here."

The Baxter Building

In the white void that was the virtual reality space, the four scientists were gathered around a table while charts, graphs, and videos floated around them.

"That is it!" Werner Heisenberg shouted, slamming his fist into the table. "I refuse to work with this man a second longer!"

"What is the matter?" Albert Einstein asked with an arched eyebrow. "Afraid my brilliance will rub off on you, Werner?"

"What brilliance, patent clerk?!" Heisenberg roared.

"Do you know how much a patent clerk makes?!"

"Gentlemen," Stephen Hawking said, coming between the two men. "You were both two of the most brilliant men of the past 100 years, that is without a doubt. But please, put aside the egos and help Doctor Richards with his problems. Together, the four of us can do anything. Right, Reed?"

"Hmm?" Reed asked, looking up from the algorithm he was working on. "Yes, exactly what Stephen said. If the three of you would turn your eyes above us, I think I may have a broad plan."

Above the four men, a complex series of numbers and formulas passed by.

"It's obvious that the key to getting Flash home relies on two things: His incredible speed and the vibrational frequency on which his body is tuned. His whole universe is tuned to that same frequency, in much the same way ours is tuned to our current universe."

The display above them changed to two bubbles, both bubbles spaced a few feet apart from each other. "The bubble on the left is our world, the one on the left is his world. If we can replicate the frequency of Flash's world and shoot it out into the multiverse, that signal will work as a homing beacon."

A signal line shot out of bubble on the left, traveling across the void to the other bubble. "It's his anchor. His way to get back."

"But the problem is the travel," Einstein said. "A wormhole brought him here. Do you plan to recreate another wormhole to send him back?"

"A wormhole could be too unstable," Heisenberg said. "And this beacon could put him in his world yes, but not back on Earth."

"That's why we use Flash himself to stabilize it. He is capable of generating speeds that are transluminal. We use his speed and kinetic energy as an engine, powering himself to relative speeds, upon which the beacon will shoot out across the multiverse and latch on to the signal of his home universe. The beacon will act as a ferry, moving him across time-space. He'll be in place, but the world around him will move and shift until he's there."

"Brilliant," Hawking said under his breath. "And exactly how do you plan to harness his energy?"

The picture above them shifted, this time to a blueprint of a device with a large track and control panel.

"I was thinking of a treadmill..."

Midtown

Johnny followed closely behind the police cars. They cut south, headed downtown. "This is gonna be boring," Johnny said with a sigh. "We're headed towards the Diamond District. Crooks with guns are boooring."

Suddenly, the side of a building exploded outwards. Johnny hit the brakes, swerving and spinning in the street. He came to a stop, his head smacking against the seat. He looked to his left and saw the passenger seat was empty. Flash was running over car roofs, racing towards the explosion. "Wait up!" Johnny called as he pulled himself out the car. His body ignited and he flew after Flash.

The speedster stopped in his tracks as he saw the cause of the explosion.

"Oh, God. Not her..."

"What's the problem, dude?"

"I told you I was going to introduce you to some ladies..."

Below The Bible Belt
Old 06-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #730
Optikal
Professor Chaos

Egypt.

It sounded like a raging flood of water, a cacophony of raging noise in his ears and head. But as suddenly as it built into its crescendo, it subsided until finally, darkness became light once more. Marc opened his eyes, blinking furiously as dirt and sweat and blood threaten to keep his vision from him. With a groan he tried to move his head and gather his surroundings.

“Marc? Oh my God! Marc!”

Marc looked around as things came back into focus. He was still in the cave temple where he had dragged his dying carcass to before slipping into the black. The voice he had heard before was still there. A face came into view. Delicate features, framed by blonde hair and tear-streaked cheeks appeared before him. He recognised her as Marlene Alraune, the daughter of the murdered Dr Peter Alraune, the man Raoul Bushman had killed.

“I thought you were dead! I thought he’d killed you too!”

Spector checked his body, the wounds inflicted from blade and bullet had stopped bleeding and though he ached all over, he could feel strength returning to his broken body. There was no doubt about it in his mind though, he had died and had been returned to life. Given a second chance to make amends for all of the wrong he had committed. He had been granted a purpose by whatever benevolent force that had saved him

Marc coughed harshly, bringing up blood and bile. He spit the filth from hi mouth and looked up at her. “I’m sorry. I couldn’t stop him” Spector croaked.

Marlene rested a hand on his shoulder. “It doesn’t matter. I’ve called for help and they should be here soon. My dad… I need to… His body…” Her eyes dropped as her words faded into fresh tears. Spector reached up and took her hand in silent comfort. Staring across the room at what was left of Peter Alraune, now covered in an old cloak, Marc waited for her to gather herself. “Why? That’s what I don’t understand. Why did he murder him?”

“That’s the type of man he is” Marc replied. His head had begun to clear, memories and emotions coming back to him. The pain of his wounds mingling with sadness, despair and anger at Bushmans betrayal. “The sight of that treasure just ignited what was always under the surface. Evil men are born to do evil things”.

Marlene looked down at Spector and frowned. “But he was your friend, your partner. So what does that make you?”

Spector swallowed and looked away from her gaze. It was a question that cut deep. He had done many bad things but he had never taken life unjustly. But he would be the first to admit that he had been less than a saint. That was the life he had been bred into. From soldier, to agent, to mercenary, he skills he had developed over the years didn’t have much practical use in a civilian setting. “I don’t know” He muttered quietly.

He flicked his gaze back to meet hers, a steel glare shining behind them. “But I do know I will make Raoul Bushman pay for what he has done. Your father will have vengeance Marlene. I’ll find a way to stop him”.

Marlene shook her head and stepped back as Marc sat up and adjusted his position. Dried blood stuck the tattered remnants of a once-white shirt to his body and a cold bead of sweat trickled down his forehead. He realised he had been laid at the bottom of an ancient stone-carved statue. The face was hooded and cowled, the body wrapped in a deep cloak. But the figure held up a staff, topped with a wickedly curved crescent.

“Khonshu” Marlene said to him. “The Egyptian God of the Moon and of Vengeance, that was who my father was studying”.

“Khonshu” Spector repeated as the memory of a voice, both familiar and strange came back to him. “Khonshu”.

“They say that back in ancient times there was a cult, people chosen as knights. Avatars of vengeance who patrolled the night under the moon, exacting vengeance in the name of the Moon God. Dad had heard of this place from the locals and of the rare artefacts that had been laid here. That’s why he hired you and Bushman to see us safely out here…”

Marc nodded in silence as she spoke but said nothing in reply. Instead his gaze and his thoughts were fixed upon the blank face of the statue before him.

Vengeance, My Knight.

Blood and Pain.

-Secret Warriors #4
Old 06-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #731
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Chandilar

Sinestro and I are escorted through the amazing and awe-inspiring halls of the Shi'ar throne world, a place that very few lanterns have ever seen. But as amazing as the architecture is, the devastation the world has seen was evident from the approach. Whatever hit this place hit it hard and with prejudice.

Eventually, we're ushered into the grand hall of the Majestrix Lilandra Neramani, leader of the Shi'ar Empire. My fellow Lantern and I bow at her presence, and Sinestro begins, "Majestrix, the Lantern Corps are honored to once again be on Shi'ar soil."

"Spare me your pleasantries, Lantern," the Shi'ar leader says with a wave of her hand. "I did not ask you here to become friends. Though I am glad you're here. As you no doubt noticed on your way in, we were attacked by a far superior and numerous force."

"It was hard to miss, Majestrix," I respond. "Do you have any idea who they were?"

"None," she shakes her head. "One of our scout ships picked up a large approaching force before being destroyed. And before we knew it, they were on top of us."

"And what was the point of the attack?" Sinestro ponders. "If they hit you fast and ran, there had to be a target."

The Shi'ar motions for her guards to leave, and after they do, she takes off her ceremonial helmet and for the first time I can see the worry and fatigue on her face, "Indeed. There was a target. Something that has been hidden in our Empire for far longer than anyone can remember. But this is a matter of our life. If the Skrull or Thanagarians find out what was taken, we are vulnerable to attack."

"We understand."

"Well then Lanterns...the target was the Infinity Gem of Power."

Old 06-28-2012, 01:06 AM   #732
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Quote:
Time was wasting. The longer I lingered here, the more people could die. It was either go along with the maniac in front of me, or face an army of maniacs alone and mentally unsound.

"Saving the island comes first," I said through strained teeth. "We'll square things when this over... Lead the way."

"HA!" the Joker laughed triumphantly. "You won't regret this, partner! Actually, you'll probably regret it every day for the rest of your life, but hey, what choice do ya have?"

As the Joker cheerfully led Batman on to the penitentiary building, he glanced over his shoulder at the drugged vigilante.

"So this pedophile is dragging a kid through these dark woods in the middle of the night," the clown said.

A crazed doctor rushed at the two of them from across the courtyard, brandishing a bone-saw. Joker intercepted him with a hard punch to the nose, and the doctor crumpled in front of them.

"The kid starts crying, 'Mister, Mister, let me go! These woods are scary!'"

As they approached the penitentiary, they were met by a crowd of panic-stricken maniacs, clawing wildly at the barbed wire fence surrounding the building.

"The pedophile looks back at the kid," he said, pulling back his sleeve to show the electrical joy-buzzer in his palm. "And he says, 'You think it's scary for you, kid? I'm the one who's got to walk outta here by myself!' HAAAA-HAHAHAHAHAHA-HAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

The Joker slammed his palm into the metal wiring of the fence, sending thousands of volts through the wires and electrocuting everyone grabbing onto it.

As the inmates fell to the ground, Joker opened up the gate, strolled to the building's front door, and gestured to the doorway.

"After you, pal," he said to Batman with a smile.

Andy C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:44 AM   #733
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post

I can't help but return Tony's smile. The man may be brash and selfcentered, but he's resourceful. And a genius like his father. In all honesty, he looks so much like him from all those years ago. And of course their attitude is all too familiar.

"You never fail to impress, Tony," I chuckle lightly. "But I guess that's your aim, huh?"

"The Stark men have a way with charisma, Cap," he nods back.

My god. We might actually be getting along here. Through our short time together I never thought that would happen. But here we are. Bonding almost.

We're men of different ages. Me at the beginning of America's rise to the top, and Tony representing the pinnacle. And now we work together to protect it.

"So let us know when you find Hawkeye," I say as I head to leave. "We'll be ready for the call. And Tony...thanks for all the help today. We couldn't have done it without you."

"I know." Tony says with a grin.

18 hours later

The airport police at Symkaria International are more heavily armed than Tony remembers from his last visit, and they're edgier too. Symkarians are typically uptight about security, but its never been like this before and Tony, who usually waltz through airport security finds himself stuck at one security check point after another before he finally clears the final one.

"Finally" Tony says with a huff as he is handed his passport before adding a quick "Thank you" over his shoulder.

He walks out into the crisp, cool afternoon air with the metal briefcase that is his only piece of carry on luggage in hand while a royal representative who had been waiting for him steps forward to take his other luggage from an airport porter.

"Ivan. Great to see you. What's with all the heightened security? Pope coming for a visit?" Tony says to the royal representative. He then hands a generous tip to porter who cheerfully shoves it into his breast pocket and practically skips back inside.

It is at this point that Tony notices that the intense security is not limited to the airport. Several soldiers of the Symkarian Royal army are stationed on the street and two APCs are parked next to the terminal. Tony is still taking it all in when Ivan, whom Tony has known for years, gets his attention.

"Sir." the aged servant says as he holds the rear door of a limo open for Stark "They're waiting for us at the palace."

"Well then let's not keep them waiting." Tony replies

"Kneel before Zod!"
bkhedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:20 AM   #734
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

"So dinner?" Donald Blake asks Jane Foster after he finishes locking up the office.

"Mmm. Not tonight ok?" Jane responds as she rubs the back of her neck "Its been a long day."

"No problem" Donald smiles "Get some rest and I'll see you in the morning."

Jane returns the smile "Thanks Donald. Have a good one."

The two physicians then wave goodbye to each other and head their separate ways.

It is a relatively quiet night in Spanish Harlem and Blake, his new cane clacking on the side walk with every step, is enjoying the walk home when he hears a whistling sound, not unlike the sound made by falling artillery.

He pauses and looks upward, trying to find the source of the sound that grows steadily lower, then his eyes widen as he spots a golden object seconds before it falls with a colossal crash which levels the sidewalk and scatters debris and onlookers in all directions.

A moment passes in silence, then where Donald Blake fell, Thor now rises, shoving broken bits of pavement off of his powerful frame with a mighty shrug.

"Who dares to attack the Son of Odin in so cowardly a manner?" He asks as he looks around him and in response a thrown cement mixer slams into his back and both he and it tumble down the street.

Momentarily dazed, but otherwise unhurt, Thor looks up to see a large meaty fist reaching down to retrieve the golden mace which kicked off the unprovoked attack.

"You?"

"Aye Odinson. Me. Now stand up."

"We have a score to settle
."

"Kneel before Zod!"
Old 06-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #735
Optikal
Professor Chaos

New York

Spring Valley.
10.15am

“This is your home?!” Asked Marlene, staring up at the mansion in almost disbelief.

“Yeah” Marc answered as he lugged the last of the boxes from the van. He had a small army of workers fitting out the old building, but he was insistent on doing something himself. His wounds had pretty much healed from a few months previous and he was almost back to full strength. Still, he needed to get into the gym and continue his physical therapy before he was one hundred percent again.

“Wow. Marc Spector, Playboy Millionaire!” Marlene exclaimed with a giggle.

Marc looked back at her over his shoulder as he lugged the box up the stairs to the big oak door that stood open. “No, I didn’t put it in my name. I don’t want to declare that we’re in New York. I’ve paid too much and called in too many favours to blow the whole operation by slapping a huge ‘look-at-me’ sign onto the social scene. Bushman has set up business here and we’re too close to finding him”.

Marlene nodded in agreement. “So who paid for the digs then?”

“Mr Steven Grant. Inheritance sponging playboy. It’s an alias I used to use back when I was a mercenary”.

Marc dropped the box and walked into the main reception area of the building. At the foot of the stairs stood a cloth covered statue. Marlene didn’t have to ask to know what the statue was. “Why in God’s name have you installed that?”

Spector glanced at the huge stone carving and rested a hand gently on it. “It… He… saved my life. I don’t know, it just felt right. Plus, I need all the help I can get filling this place up! Soldiers don’t tend to own much gear”.

Marlene simply shook her head and smiled. “You’re a strange man Marc Spector”.

Marc grinned and kissed her on the forehead. “You have no idea, Marley, No idea at all”.

Brooklyn.
11.45pm

“Hey Pal, this ain’t the direction we should be going. The club is up the other way!”

In the backseat of a yellow New York Taxi a pinstripe suited man with a fair gut suddenly got the sinking feeling that his planned night of coke, hookers and booze was about to get a lot worse.

“We’re not going to the club tonight” the cab driver said, his gaze fixed on the man in the back of the taxi. Two dice rattled on strings suspended from the mirror. On the dash, a driver ID reading the name Jake Lockley hung next to an almost air freshener. A baseball cap was pulled low, obscuring the man’s facial features in shadow.

The door locks dropped into a locked position as the passenger fumbled at the door. “Hey! C’mon man this ain’t funny! If this is a joke I ain’t laughing!. C’mon let me out yer bastard!”

“This isn’t a joke Billy, this is as real as it gets”. The cab driver turned down a backstreet, weaving in and out of a rabbit warren of alleyways and shortcuts before finally pulling into an old factory building. The car came to a stop and the headlights died as the driver cut the engine. The creak of old leather was the only noise between the two men as the driver glanced in his rear-view mirror at the sweating crook in the back.

“Showtime, Billy” the cab driver growled.

The doors popped open and the driver got out, grabbing the door and dragging Billy forcibly out of the car before hauling him to his feet. Billy squirmed and fought. “F**K YOU MAN! You lay a goddamn finger on me an’ you’re dead! You’ll be writin’ your own eulogy you dipsh**!”

The driver slammed Billy up against the car in grabbed his throat with one hand, moving in close, a menacing glare in his eyes. “Billy McCrane. Accountant. Right?”

“Y-yeah, what of it?” Billy asked, defiantly, despite the mans hot breath and gritted teeth snarling at him.

“You’re not just an accountant though are you Billy? No, I know all about the kind of clients you have. And I want details Billy. I know about the money transfers you’ve been arranging for Raoul Bushman. So you’re going to share Billy. I want to know where he is, and how to get to him!”

Billy struggled and squirmed, fear in his eyes but still defiant. “What are you? A cop? I ain’t tellin’ you nothin’! This is private business!”

"No, I'm not a cop. I'm much worse. Now, you are going to help me. Then you can go home to your wife or back to that club you love so much. You don't help me and things are going to a bit more ...eventful".

"How about I give you directions on how many different ways you can go an' screw yourself?! You don't scare me you dumb f**k! I'm untouchable!"

A fist smashed into the side of Billys head and exploded a firework display of colour in his vision. “TELL ME!” Lockley roared.

A roar of rage and another fist came down. Billy crumpled and squealed as a cut opened on his temple. But the hand around his throat held him up again the car. “I can’t Please, I can’t tell you! They’ll kill me!” he pleaded.

Two more fists drove him to his knees into the wet grimy floor of the factory. “WHERE IS BUSHMAN!”

“I- I don’t know!” Billy cried. Lockley released him and let him drop to hands and knees, his face cut and swollen. Billy gasped and spat a wad of blood onto the damp concrete floor. “Okay. Okay" Billy wheezed. "I'll tell you" He took a ragged breath and pushed himself off of his hands to kneel on the cold concrete. "There’s a man who does his business for him. He comes to see me every so often to sort the finances. Clean the money and ***** like that. He’s the guy. The one that can help you”.

“I need a name”.

“Taurens. William Taurens”.

Lockley dropped to his haunches and grabbed the fat accountant under the chin. “If I find out you’re lying to me Billy, I’ll be coming back for you. You understand?”

Billy swallowed and nodded. Sweat poured from him and he was visibly trembling. Lockley didn’t care. He smartened Billys tie and patted him on the shoulder. “You have a nice night now. See you around Billy”.

The accountant didn’t dare move as the cab reversed out of the factory and disappeared into the night. Gathering himself he gingerly touched the bleeding swollen cut on his temple. It stung like hell and would leave a scar. Reaching into the inside of his jacket pocket he pulled out his phone and hit a quick-dial number. It took a few seconds for the line to be answered.

“It’s McCrane. We got a problem”.

-Secret Warriors #4
Old 06-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #736
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:

The Joker slammed his palm into the metal wiring of the fence, sending thousands of volts through the wires and electrocuting everyone grabbing onto it.

As the inmates fell to the ground, Joker opened up the gate, strolled to the building's front door, and gestured to the doorway.

"After you, pal," he said to Batman with a smile.
I stepped over the unconscious and smoking prisoners, my cracked and shorting HUD system reported they were all alive. Despite that, all I could see were dead and rotten bodies. Each body was covered in bullet wounds. Together, the Joker and I entered another facility.

"No," I said under my breath.

In front of us were my mother and father. She was on her knees, crying as my father strangled her with his bare hands. There was a look of perverse glee in his eyes as he watched my mother struggle against his powerful grip.

"GET AWAY FROM HER!" I roared, running across the corridor and tackling my father to the ground. "You coward!" I yelled, punching him in the face. "What kind of man are you?! You're a monster!"

Below The Bible Belt
Old 06-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #737
Carnage27
No one's puppet

After a few hours of sleep I find myself wandering the halls of the former Checkmate facility, not really looking for anyone or anything. I eventually find myself at the briefing room where I find Wonder Woman at a monitor, just searching through the former spy agency's files.

"Can't sleep?" I say softly, taking a seat at the main table. I've moved past the "ma'am" with Diana. She doesn't want to be treated differently. That much is sure. And I'll respect that. She's a good fighter, and maybe just as powerful as Thor and Superman.

"I only need a few hours every few days," she responds, not looking up from the monitor. "What about you?"

"Same, really," I chuckle a bit. "It's funny, before I became...well me, I loved to sleep in. Now I can't do it if I tried."

"You got to take a seventy-seven year nap, isn't that enough?" she asks, shooting me an inquisitive look.

"Good point."

After a few moments of silence, she speaks up again, "Something is bothering you, isn't it?"

"A bit," I nod. "It's losing Barton. I don't like leaving men behind. I take pride in bringing my men and women home from a mission."

"Yes, I've read your file," she nods. "Men rarely died under your command in the great war."

"Yea," I nod. "Rarely. Only the people I care about."

Not the conversation I want to have. At all. Bucky, Hourman, and Union Jack died on my last mission of the war. And I don't want to be thinking about that with Hawkeye missing.

"I'm sorry," she says, standing. "I shouldn't have brought it up."

"No...no, it's fine," I respond, shaking my head. "It gives me something to fight for. Barton's not going to end up like them. Not while I'm still breathing."

"That's what I like to hear out of Captain America."

"Now we just wait for Stark's call..."

Old 06-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #738
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Being grounded sucks.

I know, it's such a shocking revelation about the darker side of suburban teenage life, a horrifying look into parental authority gone mad, surely no other teenager in the history of the world has been grounded for getting hurt doing something stupid!

Still, just because it happens to millions of irresponsible idiotic sixteen-year-olds all across the nation, doesn't mean it's not unbearably lame. Aunt May keeps the house's wireless router off except for two hours a day. Fortunately, she doesn't know I can use my WayneTech smartphone as a personal wifi hotspot, but the connection's not as good. And Tribes Ascend without that sweet sweet Lexcorp broadband is no Tribes Ascend at all.

Plus there's the fact that her constantly keeping tabs on me has severely limited my 'run around in tights and cause trouble' time. Now that I've got a curfew, I can't go out until she's already in bed, and she's been up late an awful lot since she lost Uncle Ben. Of course, that might also have something to do with the massive stack of past-due bills piling up on the kitchen counter.

Fortunately, it's Friday, which means I can go out for a bit. I'm supposed to take Aunt May's friend's daughter Mary Jane on some kind of 'welcome wagon' date thing tonight, so I told Aunt May I wanted to go out and get some flowers for her first. Just because she allegedly has a "wonderful personality" (translation: she's probably a weirdo) doesn't mean I can't be a gentleman while escorting her about town. If anything, it oughta make for an amusingly awful story to tell Harry and Gwen.

Lucky for me, my date's not for another three hours, which means I've got time to kill. I found a nice dilapidated playground behind some condemned buildings where I can practice my arachno-batics without being seen. Plus, it made for some nice pictures on my camera--the whole 'urban decay' thing is always cool.

"Okay....." I say, looking at the makeshift obstacle course of rusted monkey bars, swings, and jungle gyms. "Let's see if I can do this."

My right leg still hurts like a sonofa-B, but at least it's not the crippling agony it was yesterday. I'm healing a lot faster than I should be....must be yet another one of my Amazing Spider-Powers. I'll have to make sure to thank Doctor Connors some time for that happy accident, preferably after I thrash that Marko guy for shooting me.

Today's the first day it's felt healed enough to try the Spider-Man schtick again. Hopefully I won't fall on my face, or accidentally give myself tetanus on all this rust.

I run towards the first obstacle, an overturned dumpster. Pushing off my right leg with a pained grunt, I clear the dumpster, tagging the top of it with my hands just long enough to push myself upwards into a front somersault.

Coming down on top of an old swing-set, I catch one of the inward-slanting supports and pull myself into a tight upward arc, pulling my legs in tight to avoid slamming into the second support. As soon as I've threaded through it, I grab the second support to swing back down and come up again, zipping up past the main beam. I stop myself with an open-palmed slap onto the beam, the microscopic hair-clusters on my hands gripping to the steel and stopping me in a one-handed handstand. I hand-walk across the beam before swinging down, slinging myself towards the monkey bars.

"Here comes the hard part!" I yell to no one in particular. I mean, I really hope nobody's watching, but if they are, they're about to be very very impressed.

I dive head-first through the space between rungs, quickly tuck into a ball to flip forward, then kick off of a rung on the opposite side to go up between two of the monkey bars. Grabbing onto the furthest bar, I swing myself back down, straightening out to pass through the next gap between bars, then catch another bar with my foot to swing back up and thread through yet another gap. This time, I spin to the right, swinging back down to propel myself out from under the monkey bars on the other side.

Now, onto the jungle gym. I was wrong--this is the hard part.

I've got just enough momentum to make it through the bottom rung, grabbing a steel bar and pulling hard to give myself a little more inertia. Curling up hard, I twist into the second rungs, catching a bar with my knees and whirling backwards to grab the third rung like a trapeze. This time, I straighten my legs out on the down swing to go forward, shooting out the other side. I catch myself with a free hand to pull myself back in, tumbling my way up and down and through the jungle gym once more before finally pulling myself up to the top.

Perched on the top of the rusty old piece of playground equipment, I can't help but whoop like an idiot.

"WHOOOO!" I shout triumphantly to a bunch of empty buildings. "I am awesome!"

As if on cue, my phone rings.

"Hello?"

"Peter? Where are you?"

"I'm, um, I'm over on 34th Street," I lie. "I'm supposed to meet Mary Jane at Grand Central Station, so I thought I'd get her something from Macy's to--"

"Peter, stay where you are for now," she cuts me off. "Find somewhere safe and stay there, do you understand, young man?"

"What are you talking about?"

"The news is saying there's some sort of attack happening in Midtown, over on West 54th."

Oh my God. The city's being attacked?! Somebody oughta do something, call Superman or Iron Man or--

.....or me.

"I'll be okay, Aunt May," I say as I run to my backpack that has my mask and my web-shooters inside. "I promise."

"Peter, please stay safe," Aunt May pleads.

"Don't worry," I reassure her as I hang up the phone.

"I got this."

Quote:
Midtown

Johnny followed closely behind the police cars. They cut south, headed downtown. "This is gonna be boring," Johnny said with a sigh. "We're headed towards the Diamond District. Crooks with guns are boooring."

Suddenly, the side of a building exploded outwards. Johnny hit the brakes, swerving and spinning in the street. He came to a stop, his head smacking against the seat. He looked to his left and saw the passenger seat was empty. Flash was running over car roofs, racing towards the explosion. "Wait up!" Johnny called as he pulled himself out the car. His body ignited and he flew after Flash.

The speedster stopped in his tracks as he saw the cause of the explosion.

"Oh, God. Not her..."

"What's the problem, dude?"

"I told you I was going to introduce you to some ladies..."

So, two things I just learned.

One? My synthetic webbing, which I'd previously only really thought of using as a non-harmful way of subduing criminals, also works as a means of conveyance. I can shoot a web to the edge of a building, then swing on it like Tarzan on a vine. Then if I release on the upswing, the forward momentum propels me into the air, where I can fire out another line of webbing to something else and keep swinging. The timing is tricky and it's hard to control, but I'm able to cover a considerable amount of ground at some pretty impressive speeds.

Two? Web-swinging is AWESOME. I'm serious. I can't even begin to describe how much fun it is. Between my Spider-Sense enhanced lucha libre parkour moves and my on-the-spot Tarzan swinging, it's like I've just invented my own personal extreme sport. I don't care how much my leg hurts--and it hurts a LOT considering how much I've been landing on it-- the adrenaline rush is just too good.

I finally swing my way to 54th Street......

"......wow," is all I'm able to say at first. "That.....that is a very large woman."

Duking it out in the middle of the street is, indeed, a very large woman. Ducking and weaving in the air, leaving big fiery streaks as he dodges the giant's attacks is....

....oh holy crap, I know who that is. That's the freaking Human Torch! One of the Fantastic Four! Which means that REED EFFING RICHARDS might be somewhere around here!

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod, this is so cool. I'm about to make my big debut saving the city from a rampaging giant, and I'm gonna do it by teaming up with the Fantastic Four!

Okay, Parker. Be cool.

Jumping into the fray, I leap down towards the street, then fire a web-line towards a nearby ledge. Swinging up, I loop high into a forward-moving backflip, and let loose with twin blasts of webbing in the giant woman's face.

Slinging out a couple more web-lines to catch myself in mid-air, I call out to the Torch.

"Hey! Is this a private party, or can any old arachnid join in?"

Old 06-29-2012, 01:33 AM   #739
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:

Jumping into the fray, I leap down towards the street, then fire a web-line towards a nearby ledge. Swinging up, I loop high into a forward-moving backflip, and let loose with twin blasts of webbing in the giant woman's face.

Slinging out a couple more web-lines to catch myself in mid-air, I call out to the Torch.

"Hey! Is this a private party, or can any old arachnid join in?"
"Who is that?" Flash asked as he ran past. He rushed up the giant woman's leg and stomach, using the inertia in his fist to land a powerful punch that knocked her backwards. Flash jumped away as the giant lady crashed to the ground, struggling with the webbing on her eyes.

"I don't know," Johnny replied flying towards the attacker. Flash took off, running beside him as they charged towards the giant. "You said not her again. Know who this is?"

"In my world, she's called Giganta. A tall lady with a short temper. Here, I guess she's called the same. I managed to stop her in my world, but I had some help. Some sexy, sexy help."

"Well, you have sexy, sexy help now. Hey!"
Johnny yelled at the recovering giant. "Giganta!"

"WHAT?!" She roared swatting at the two heroes. Flash zipped to the right, avoiding her giant hands. Johnny wasn't as lucky. The large hand smacked into his side, driving him into the side of a building.

"Oww," he groaned. "Guess I know her name..."

Flash was preparing to charge towards Giganta again when she kicked out, booting Flash into the air and through the window of a third story building.

Below The Bible Belt

Last edited by Byrd Man; 06-29-2012 at 01:36 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:29 AM   #740
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Quote:
"Who is that?" Flash asked as he ran past. He rushed up the giant woman's leg and stomach, using the inertia in his fist to land a powerful punch that knocked her backwards. Flash jumped away as the giant lady crashed to the ground, struggling with the webbing on her eyes.

"I don't know," Johnny replied flying towards the attacker. Flash took off, running beside him as they charged towards the giant. "You said not her again. Know who this is?"

"In my world, she's called Giganta. A tall lady with a short temper. Here, I guess she's called the same. I managed to stop her in my world, but I had some help. Some sexy, sexy help."

"Well, you have sexy, sexy help now. Hey!"
Johnny yelled at the recovering giant. "Giganta!"

"WHAT?!" She roared swatting at the two heroes. Flash zipped to the right, avoiding her giant hands. Johnny wasn't as lucky. The large hand smacked into his side, driving him into the side of a building.

"Oww," he groaned. "Guess I know her name..."

Flash was preparing to charge towards Giganta again when she kicked out, booting Flash into the air and through the window of a third story building.

"Okay, Queen Kong," I yell out to Giganta as I swing in, "You can give up now, or you can wind up face down in the street covered in my sticky white goop!"

Giganta hurls a punch at me, and my Spider-Sense--usually a tingle--is flat-out pounding in my skull to get out of the way of the enormous fist. I'm able to tumble through the air as her super-sized haymaker pulverizes the pavement beneath me.

"That, um, that came out completely wrong, I'm sorry," I stammer, firing another web-line to stay airborne as I swing up and away from another massive blow. "I mean, it's kinda my first time fighting a super-powered bad guy, and I'm a little nervous about getting my banter right."

Giganta snags onto the web, yanking me completely off-course and sending me spiraling to the ground. I fire another web straight up onto the giant woman's arm and bungee back up, just inches from splattering on the asphalt.

"Oh yeah, and the 'you trying to kill everybody' thing, I'm nervous about that, too." I say as I perch on her bicep.

Giganta tries to brush me off, and I leap onto her other arm, skittering up to avoid being shaken off. I've played enough hours of Shadow of the Colossus to know how to climb around on a monster to take it down.

The giant swats at me again, and this time, I leap in towards her face. My Spider-Sense alerts me of something approaching from behind, but in mid-air it's too late to dodge it.

"OOF!" I exclaim as I'm clipped by one of Giganta's hands. I tumble down, and grab onto the first thing I can reach to avoid falling.

The woman's muscular arms were practically made of concrete.

Whatever I'm grabbing onto now, though, is a little softer. And, um.....kinda squishy....?

I look up and see Giganta's face turning red with anger, and I realize exactly what oversized body part I've grabbed.

"So, um, heh, does this technically count as getting to second base?" I say as I cling for dear life to the gigantic woman's left boob.

I am so very, very dead.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:44 AM   #741
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Quote:
I look up and see Giganta's face turning red with anger, and I realize exactly what oversized body part I've grabbed.

"So, um, heh, does this technically count as getting to second base?" I say as I cling for dear life to the gigantic woman's left boob.

I am so very, very dead.
"Look at Don Juan up there." Flash said from below. He raced around Giganta, rope in his hands. In just a few seconds, her legs were bound by the rope. She lost her balance and tipped forward, both her and the masked hero spinning towards the ground. Flash dashed out of Giganta's way and jumped up just in time to catch Spider-Man from hitting the pavement.

"Don't thank me," Flash said as he put him down. "Seeing as how you grope the enemy, I hate to see what you'd do to an ally."

Johnny flew overhead, back into action and charging towards Giganta as she snapped in twain, the rope holding her ankles together.

Below The Bible Belt
Old 06-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #742
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Lex is in Banner's holding cell and Banner is looking at himself in a mirror.

He sees before him a man with blonde hair and the beginnings of a goatee.

Banner asks, "Are you sure this is what I was like before I lost my memory Mr. Luthor?"

Lex replies, "That is the way I've always known you David. You were out in the woods for sometime David you changed your appearance to stay out of view of the Government."

Banner nods and turns to Lex and asks, "So what is it you wanted to see me about?"

Lex replies, "Well David we have a machine that might help restore your memory. It'll play back certain computer images of events that you discussed with Glenn and I over the years. That should help your healing process."

Banner asks, "Hey the sooner we get started the sooner I'm outta this cell. Say when and I'll be ready."

Lex says, "Excellent David! Love that attitude! We should be ready within the next 2-3 hours for now though. Get some rest this process is pretty intense you may even blackout here and there, but rest assured I'll be there every step of the way. I wouldn't miss this for the world."

Banner says, "I'll try and stay calm, but the thought of getting my memory back is just so much to take in."

Lex puts his hand on Banner's shoulder and says, "Now keep in mind your memory may not come back all the way, but this should speed the process. I need you to be patient David we gotta long road ahead, but we'll get you where you need to be to be a part of the LexCorp family."

Banner says, "Thank you Mr. Luthor."

Lex leaves the cell and Talbot approaches him in the hallway.

Talbot asks, "How did it go?"

Lex replies as the two men begin walking, "It looks most promising Banner is aching to find out who he 'really is'. The Neural re-animater, with the help of Alexis, will make any memory we input so real that he'll swear it happened. 3 treatments and he'll completely forget he was ever Dr. Bruce Banner and he'll be a completely loyal LexCorp employee. Not to mention if he Hulks out I gotta surprise or two for him as well."

Talbot says, "Well there are 2 roadblocks on our way to Nirvana."

Lex looks and says, "I knew things were going to well for me. What's going on?"

Talbot says, "The Rosses are in your office."

Lex smirks and says, "Excellent."

He looks at Talbot and asks, "Are you ready to take down the great Thunderbolt Ross?"

Talbot nods as Lex says, "Excellent."

John 3:16
MST3K 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #743
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
"Nein. Zhough ve should be careful not to get stuck in a vall or somezing."

Logan's eyes widened as he and the others were immediately caught in a dark blue puff of smoke, followed by an immediate flash of light. If all went according to plan, they'd reappear in the courtyard of a remote Stark Industries facility overlooking the east of Brooklyn.

If it didn't, their atoms would be scrambled so far apart that they'd all be rendered toothpaste.
After the young mutant makes contact with the assembled group on the jet, they, along with me, disappear in a puff of smoke. The ability is as breath taking as it is startling. I have seen teleporters. But this is something different entirely.

Then, in another instant we appear in the Stark Industries courtyard in New York. "Well, that was a novel experience. You have quite the ability, young man. You should be proud."

"Enough with the small talk, Magneto," the one they call Shadowcat growls. "Nightcrawler isn't interested in being friends with you."

"Well, don't you have a sharp tongue."

"Magneto, problems," Mystique says, pointing towards a ring on the edge of the courtyard. From it rise a set of small, attack robots.

"Stark certainly loves his toys," I shake my head.

"They don't look like what hit us," the one called Static says.

"But their components could be similar," I respond. "Wolverine, would you go with Mystique, Ms. Pryde, and the teleporter and try to find their server room and the information we need. The two other young men and I will take care of the guards."

Old 07-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #744
Optikal
Professor Chaos

New York

The patrons of the club had no idea of the business that went on beyond the velvet red curtains. But so long as the booze kept flowing, the women kept dancing and the bouncers turned a blind eye to the cocaine on the tables, most of them would not care. At the bar sat a man in a dark fitted suit, his hands nursing a glass of cheap scotch. The half-naked women gyrating on the podiums were of no interest to Marc Spector, nor were the suits and scum crammed into booths and sat around tables enjoying the show of flesh. In the guise of Jake Lockley, cab driver and general thug, he had visited the establishment a number of times over the past couple of weeks and had managed to gather enough intel to be sure that whatever was behind that door, the answers to his questions would also be held there.

He casually watched the movements of the staff, particularly ones around the door that sat in a far corner and seemed to have a constant presence around it. The bar was owned and run by a man named William Taurens. In the past he had been known as the Man-Bull, a super-powered villain that had turned from less gaudy daylight bank robberies to a more discreet line of shady business away from cameras, the front pages and the glare of the worlds emerging heroes.

Lockley downed his drink and stood up, making his way across the bar, barely glancing at the rest of the room. Three heavies stood at the main entrance, idly chatting amongst themselves. There was one by the stage, likely there to keep drunken hands away from the talent. And finally, the biggest of them stood by the door that Lockley knew he had to get through.

Across to the left sat a booth bigger than the rest, in it sat a slender man with slicked back hair and a neatly shaven goatee. He had a girl on each side of him and a table filled with champagne and cash in front. Two other men sat with him, one shaven headed and stocky, the other looking like a ton of beef wrapped in imitation Armani and an early ‘90s pony-tail. The gentleman was a regular and Spectors investigations had identified him as George Romani, the nephew of notorious Mafioso, Giovanni Romani. The boy was living off of a family reputation built up by more dedicated members of the Romani family. Spector also realised that on every night Romani had been in he had chosen one particular girl, a young dark haired Russian girl by the name of Destiny.

Lockley pulled a thick wad of cash out of his pocket, moved across to the booth and stood a couple of feet back, waiting for Romani to look over at him.

Seeing the man, Romani gestured him over with two fingers, whispering something into the ear of a half-naked blonde to his right.

Spector put on his best customer service voice and cleared his throat. “Excuse me Sir, but another group of gentlemen have requested the services of Destiny. I’m afraid I will have to replace her with another girl”.

Romani scowled and sipped from a champagne flute, eyeballing the man in front of his table. “***** off ya mook” he said finally, sneering at Lockley before turning his attentions back to the blonde.

Lockley simply smiled and shook his head. “I’m sorry Sir, but they have paid a lot of money for her services. All of our girls provide excellent company, I’m sure what we can arrange something”.

The two men sat with Romani stood up in a show of aggression but Lockley remained unfazed. “Who are these men that’ve demanded my girl?” he asked.

Lockley turned and pointed at a group at the middle of the club, also sat with a group of girls. One of them saw Romani looking over and raised a glass with a smile, none-the-wiser to the conversation taking place. “They asked me to pass a message on in anticipation of your refusal” Lockley began.

“What message?” Romani had leaned forward, clearly riled by the exchange.

“Forgive me Sir but they said to tell you that your uncles money may buy you whores and coke, but it will never buy you any class. That you’re a runt sucking on the tit of your wealthy uncle and the only way you can be near a girl like Destiny is by putting your hands into his pockets”.

Romani stood up and slammed his fists on the table. “Those *****s said that?!” he cried, “Who the ***** do they think they are? Do they know who they’re messing with?!”

Lockley dropped his head apologetically and stepped back. “I apologise Sir” he said.

Romani had forgotten him already though and was eyeballing the table opposite. “Jacob, Mickey, C’mon, let’s go and have a *****in’ word with our new friends”.

Lockley had spent a lot of time wondering how he was going to get through the door. The straight forward approach was a sentence he didn’t like the look of. There were too many well-built thugs and an unpredictable crowd to worry about that. So the only other way was to create a diversion. Looking at the raised voices and soon after, the first fists and bottles thrown, he decided it was a worthy plan. The four heavies in the bar moved in but were soon overwhelmed by the eight or so men in the fracas in the middle of the room. Finally, the bouncer stood at the door moved in to help the escalating brawl and Lockley melted into the back of the bar and towards the door, slipping inside without anyone noticing.

Inside he found himself in a grim corridor with a couple of doors on either side and a set of stairs on either side. One of the doors was locked, the other a bathroom and the third a storage cupboard. Moving quickly to the stairs, he ascended them and found himself walking past two other locked doors and finally one big door at the end. This one, made of a finer wood and looking more expensive than anything else he had seen in the whole of the club. Lockley marched to it and pushed through it with purpose.

Behind a thick oak desk littered with paperwork, a bottle of wine and cigar ash sat a well-muscled man with a mane of dark hair a beige suit, a white silk scarf, and a long sharp horn jutting out of each side of his head. Spector instantly understood why he was called the Man-Bull. Though he couldn’t help but think that the creature was equal parts ridiculous to equal parts intimidating.

“William Taurens?” Spector asked, flitting between the mercenary that wanted revenge and the cab driver looking for answers.

Taurens gazed up and took a long puff of his cigar. “How’d you get up here little man?” he asked.

Lockley stepped forward and clenched his fists. “I’ve got questions Taurens, and I’ve got it on good authority that you have the answers”.

“Is that so?” Taurens scowled.

“Raoul Bushman” Lockley snarled, stepping a foot or so away from the desk. The rest of the office was sparsely furnished. A leather couch, a large wall-mounted TV and a few filing shelves made up the bulk of the décor. “I know you work for him. I want him. Where do I find him?”

Taurens snorted a laugh and scratched at the stubble lining his face. “You’re really going to try and shake me down little man?”

“Where is he, Taurens?” Lockley snarled

I want Blood.

“Walk away little man” Taurens warned, losing the smile that was momentarily splashed across his face. “Walk away before you get hurt”.

“I won’t ask again” Lockley said, reaching the desk. “I want Bushman”.

With a mighty roar the oak desk lifted from the floor, catapulted into Lockley like a missile. The air was knocked from his lungs and his body exploded in pain upon impact, knocking him from his feet. From where he was sat, Taurens rose and marched across the room, grabbing Lockley by the throat. “I told you little man. But you mess with a bull, you’re going to get the horns!”

Lockley gasped for breath as Taurens squeezed, feeling the life fleeing from him. Taurens merely sneered and with a grunt threw Lockley across the room, his body crashing into the TV in a hail of broken plastic and glass.

Feed me your tribute

Groaning and tasting his own blood, Lockley tried to gather himself as Taurens closed in. His hand wrapped around a shard of glass and as Taurens reached over Jake plunged it deep into the soft tissue just above Taurens right collarbone. The Man-Bull screamed in pain and staggered back. Lockley rose and charged forward, leaping into the air and grabbing one of Tourens horns, pulling him backwards.

Satisfy my thirst

Leaping on top of the villain, Lockley drove a fist into his face. “Tell me where Bushman is!” he spat.

Taurens snarled and grabbed Lockleys fist, stopping another punch before slamming a firm head-butt into Lockleys nose and shattering it. Lockley fell back and Taurens rose, delivering a kick to the ribs that sent Jake skittering across the destroyed office. Defiantly, Lockley rose to his feet, though his legs threatened to give out. His nose was shattered and he was seeing stars. He was still aware enough to see Taurens charge though, head down, horns levelled at Lockleys chest. At the last second, Lockley let his legs give in, dropping and rolling to one side as Man-Bull tore past him and slammed his horn deep into the wall, lodging himself there. Lockley jumped on his back and grabbed at the scarf, pulling it tight and twisting it with all of his strength. Taurens choked and gagged, unable to free himself.

“Tell me” Lockley snarled. “Give me Bushman and you get to live”.

“***** you”

PAIN. DEATH. VENGEANCE.

“We don’t do business no more… H-he’s off the map. Got plans. Big plans”.

“What plans? Where the hell do I find him William? WHERE?!”

“The Shipyards”

BLOOD

Lockley winced. The overwhelming urge to finish the job struck him like a rock. Instead he let go and allowed Taurens to drop to the floor, staggering from the office and leaving the villain in a heap.

There’s a darkness that lives inside most men. Usually it’s buried under deep layers. Whether it’s morals, ethics, beliefs, religion, or any others that supress that darkness into the deepest pit of the soul. But sometimes that darkness is allowed to rise to the surface, to burn out any sense of right and decency. Sometimes it is so strong that it consumes wholly and as such, the greatest evil that has ever afflicted humankind has been that which humankind has wrought upon itself.

But sometimes, as that darkness rises, an opposing force will rise to meet it and fend off its corrosive touch. And on this night, in this blackest of cities, amongst the filth and scum that run it, a force is born to fight the darkness.

He is the Avatar of Vengeance.

They call him the Moon Knight.

-Secret Warriors #4
Old 07-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #745
Carnage27
No one's puppet

The Infinity Gems. The most powerful artifacts in the universe, believed to be lost long ago after a great war to obtain their power. And now one of them has been found and stolen by an undefinable power.

"I thought the Infinity Gems were lost eons ago?" I ask the Majistrex. Sinestro gives me a sideways look, "Yes, I've read up about some of the history of the Universe."

"The idea that the Gems were lost was a lie told to the peoples of the Universe after the Infinity War," she responds as we walk onto a parapet that overlooks the city. She stares off at the devastation that has been heaped on it, "After the war ravaged the Universe, the gems were separated and given to different cultures to hide and protect."

"Given to by whom?" Sinestro asks, interested.

"That has been...lost over the course of the years," she shakes her head. "The Majestors and Majestrixes of old wanted the secret guarded so safely that information was lost during the generations."

"So we don't even have that to go on," I mumble to myself.

But before the conversation can continue, Sinestro and I's rings give off a warning, "What could that be?"

Just then, a Shi'ar guard bursts into the room, "Majestrix, there has been news of another attack, this time on Rann!"

"We need to move," Sinestro says as the two of us lift off the surface of the planet.

"Go," she responds. "And we will follow with our forces."

Old 07-04-2012, 04:48 AM   #746
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

Quote:

"I know." Tony says with a grin.

18 hours later

The airport police at Symkaria International are more heavily armed than Tony remembers from his last visit, and they're edgier too. Symkarians are typically uptight about security, but its never been like this before and Tony, who usually waltz through airport security finds himself stuck at one security check point after another before he finally clears the final one.

"Finally" Tony says with a huff as he is handed his passport before adding a quick "Thank you" over his shoulder.

He walks out into the crisp, cool afternoon air with the metal briefcase that is his only piece of carry on luggage in hand while a royal representative who had been waiting for him steps forward to take his other luggage from an airport porter.

"Ivan. Great to see you. What's with all the heightened security? Pope coming for a visit?" Tony says to the royal representative. He then hands a generous tip to porter who cheerfully shoves it into his breast pocket and practically skips back inside.

It is at this point that Tony notices that the intense security is not limited to the airport. Several soldiers of the Symkarian Royal army are stationed on the street and two APCs are parked next to the terminal. Tony is still taking it all in when Ivan, whom Tony has known for years, gets his attention.

"Sir." the aged servant says as he holds the rear door of a limo open for Stark "They're waiting for us at the palace."

"Well then let's not keep them waiting." Tony replies

The drive to the palace takes Tony through narrow winding cobblestone streets and picturesque old neighborhoods that instantly remind him of why's he always loved Symkaria. But the relaxed old world beauty cannot hide the tension in the air and on the streets, nor can it distract from the robust security presence that is so un-Symkarian. If anything, it looks more like Latveria then it ever has.

By the time Tony is ushered into the royal presence of Princess Silver Sablinova, magnificent as always and wearing a long royal cloak over her shoulders, he has more questions than answers. The conspicuous absence of King Ernst only adds more questions. Still Tony, greets with a broad smile indicative of their long, and mostly pleasant, relationship.

"Silver. So lovely to see you again." He says while openly and unapologetically eyeing her athletic frame and supple figure, royal protocol be damned.

"Mr. Stark." She replies, coldly. Displaying no outward emotion, though Tony would swear he can see angry sparks shooting out of her eyes as she stares him down. "You will address us as your highness."

Tony is genuinely taken aback by this and he gives her a questioning look which does nothing to alter her steely, unforgiving gaze. This prompts Tony, who knows better than to get the Princess angry, to reconsider his position.

"Of course your highness. I'm grateful to have received your invitation and honored to be back in your court." He says with a slight bow before straightening up again.

If Silver Sable appreciates his efforts, she does not show it and her expression remains all business. "You must be tired from your journey Stark. Rest now and gather your strength. We have other matters to attend to and will summon you into our presence later."

"I'll be holding my breath." Tony replies with another, more pronounced bow before Silver Sable leaves the audience chamber.

"What was all that about Ivan? Where's King Ernst?" Tony asks his handler as the old man approaches and gestures for him to follow

Ivan gives Tony an annoyed look, the first show of emotion he has made since Tony arrived then lets a weary sigh escape his cracked lips "The King has gone missing."

"Kneel before Zod!"
Old 07-04-2012, 05:46 AM   #747
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

Quote:
The Gorgon's feels Ultimo's power leaving him and instinctively knows that the apocalyptic automaton has been felled. That knowledge leads him to drop to his knees in the snow where he sits in silence for a moment, all the while his lower lip seems to quiver with uncontrollable rage which he finally lets out in the form of a bone chilling cry that echoes on the antarctic winds.

Having thus given voice to his anger, the Gorgon lowers his head and lets his sword drop from his grip.

He was so close. So very close to ending it all. And now....

His powers had already reverted to their normal levels but he could still hear Captain America and Batman's thoughts in his head. For an instant he considers looking into the mirror, letting them finish him, but then he feels a familiar energy emanating from within the folds of his cloak and looks down with renewed vigor.

The Heart of Darkness! It still functions!

The look of defeat is suddenly gone from his face and the Gorgon retrieves his sword and rises smoothly.

When he addresses Captain America and Batman without turning to face them his head is once more held high.

"Savor this victory while you can little men. I promise you it will be short lived."

The Gorgon then activates his personal teleporter and disappears in a flash of light.

Several hundred feet away the explosion has died down. Sue Storm lowers her force field and Iron Man lands beside her and Reed and three heroes take in the scene of devastation. The mountain is gone and with it Ultimo.

"I've found Superman." Stark says as he scans the area "He looks to be in one piece but he's not moving."

Sue and Reed both take steps forward, eager to check on the Man of Steel but Tony spread his arms wide to hold them back.

"Hold on." He says "The vibrational field mostly worked, but there's still quite a bit of anti-metal out there and now that its exposed to the atmosphere any metal that comes within range of it will simply dissolve. I don't dare get any closer and if you're going to you'd better leave behind anything metal you don't want to lose. That's tech, jewellery, whatever."

Epilogue One:

Talia Al Ghul and a host of stunned looking ninja gather around their leader in their hidden headquarters deep beneath Gotham City.

"How?" Talia asks. She was never privy to his full plans. He hadn't told her that he intended to end all life on the planet, he doubted she'd be on board for that. All she knew was what she needed to know but that had been enough for her to realize that his plan was brilliant and that it should have succeeded.

"It doesn't matter." The Gorgon replies as he makes his way through the gathered crowd towards his private chambers. The Hand warriors make room for him as he goes and Talia falls in behind him, following at his right shoulder.

"There are other ways to achieve my goals." He tells her casually. He can feel the power emanating off of the Heart of Darkness even now. It has been growing in intensity ever since Ultimo fell.

"The heroes have only delayed the inevitable."

Epilogue Two:

Somewhere in the blackness of space, far beyond our solar system and the range of our most powerful satellites, is a bizarre and alien construct of ancient origin.

The construct stretches for miles in all directions, its shiny metal surface bristles with what at first glance appear to be weapons but are in fact sensor antennae. The construct is empty and silent on the inside. A feature at odds with its vast size.

That is, it is nearly empty and silent.

In one section, near the construct's core, the silence has been broken by the incessant beeping of a display console. The beeping continues for a few moments, echoing through the barren structure until it is silenced by a flick of a switch.

Cruel, hungry eyes belonging to the construct's sole inhabitant eye the display console and callous, ageless features contort into a grin as long unused face muscles flex.

"Anti-metal." An ancient gravelly voice intones with obvious pleasure "At last."

The sounds of men dying fill the air as the Gorgon walks through the burning building. His gait is slow and measured and he seems oblivious to the fire raging all around him.

"Any last words Shinjo?" He says calmly as he comes to a stop near the end of the room.

A man emerges from the smoke in front of him with a katana held high. This is Shinjo Takana and he was once one of the Hand's most high ranking captains. One of a handful who always resented the Gorgon's mercurial rise through the clan's ranks. That resentment had turned into open rejection when he killed the Elders and rejection quickly turned to rebellion once news of his defeat in Antarctica spread.

Now Shinjo, is the last of the rebellious captains. His headquarters is burning and his men are dying but the proud ninja master stands his ground, determined to somehow snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

"Abomination." Shinjo spits at the Gorgon "I'll cut you down myself."

Shinjo's timing and technique are flawless. His attack is executed perfectly. But the flashing blade is caught, mid strike, by the Gorgon who holds the deadly cutting edge, unmoving in the palm of his hand, despite Shinjo's best efforts to free it.

"Idiot." The Gorgon says as he closes his free hand around Shinjo's throat. "You can't beat me."

Though he's now struggling for breath, a problem exacerbated by the hot air and smoke of the fire, the proud captain stares at the Gorgon defiantly

"I can try." He chokes.

"You tried." The Gorgon says as he snaps Shinjo's katana in half with minimal effort "and failed."

The Gorgon then stabs the rebel through the heart with the broken blade and lets his corpse fall to the floor.

With the last of the rebel captains dead, the Gorgon allows himself to relax. The blaze around him is no threat and he can hear the screams of the dying becoming less frequent as his men continue to hunt down the last of Shinjo's soldiers.

His mind is already turning to his next move when he is suddenly overcome by searing pain and nausea. He grits his teeth, trying to overcome, then grunts and puts his palms to the side of his head as the pain intensifies.

Blood starts to leak from his eyes and seep out from under his mask and he screams and collapses on to his knees then vomits.

Then, as suddenly as it came upon him, the pain is gone. He wipes his mouth with the back of his hand and is still breathing heavily and struggling to his feet when one of his lieutenants enters the burning room.

"My Lord?" The ninja asks nervously "I heard you scream."

"The Beast...." The Gorgon replies weakly "He comes"

"Kneel before Zod!"
Old 07-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #748
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

Quote:

"So dinner?" Donald Blake asks Jane Foster after he finishes locking up the office.

"Mmm. Not tonight ok?" Jane responds as she rubs the back of her neck "Its been a long day."

"No problem" Donald smiles "Get some rest and I'll see you in the morning."

Jane returns the smile "Thanks Donald. Have a good one."

The two physicians then wave goodbye to each other and head their separate ways.

It is a relatively quiet night in Spanish Harlem and Blake, his new cane clacking on the side walk with every step, is enjoying the walk home when he hears a whistling sound, not unlike the sound made by falling artillery.

He pauses and looks upward, trying to find the source of the sound that grows steadily lower, then his eyes widen as he spots a golden object seconds before it falls with a colossal crash which levels the sidewalk and scatters debris and onlookers in all directions.

A moment passes in silence, then where Donald Blake fell, Thor now rises, shoving broken bits of pavement off of his powerful frame with a mighty shrug.

"Who dares to attack the Son of Odin in so cowardly a manner?" He asks as he looks around him and in response a thrown cement mixer slams into his back and both he and it tumble down the street.

Momentarily dazed, but otherwise unhurt, Thor looks up to see a large meaty fist reaching down to retrieve the golden mace which kicked off the unprovoked attack.

"You?"

"Aye Odinson. Me. Now stand up."

"We have a score to settle
."

"What is the meaning of this Olympian?" Thor growls as he rises to his feet and grapples with his attacker, and smells cheap wine on his breath "What score do you speak of?"

"You killed my uncle."
Hercules says matter of factly as the two titans of mythology fight for leverage.

"Hades? But you hated him."

"Aye. He was an evil bastard." Hercules says with a grin as he manages to get under Thor and slam a knee into his gut "But he was still my uncle."

The Olympian, who is by far the better wrestler, then spins around grab Thor's waist from behind and hurls him over his head in a suplex that sends the thunderer crashing through the glass display windows of a neighborhood bodega.

"I have no wish to fight you Son of Zeus."
Thor says as he rises once more. "Nor did I wish to fight your uncle. But his unprovoked attack on Midgard left no choice."

"You didn't have to kill him." Hercules replies as he closes in on his opponent who frowns at him. It was Loki who killed Hades, not Thor, but the Thunderer has no desire to redirect Hercules' anger at his brother.

"Is there nothing I can do to calm your fury Lion of Olympus?" Thor asks as he holds his arms out to his side, as if declining battle. He and Hercules had ever been rivals but in recent times their contests had taken on a friendlier, almost brotherly feel and it is this that Thor now gambles on.

"There is one thing." Hercules says as he cocks his fist "You can fight me!"

The punch sends Thor stumbling backwards and he crashes through a wall and back on to the street.

"Everyone back!" He shouts at the people around him as he leaps to his feet and raises Mjolnir. Hercules had always been headstrong and prone to much drink and Thor was quickly realizing that the only way to end this pointless combat would be to put him down so he can reason with him.

"Come on Thor. I realize that you Asgardians are an effeminate lot, but surely you can do better than this."
The now grinning Hercules mocks as he too, emerges onto the street with fists raised.

Now it is Thor who smiles. If the hairy oaf wanted so badly to be taught a lesson, then Thor would oblige him.

"Very well then." He says as he raises his own fists "HAVE AT THEE!"

"Kneel before Zod!"
Old 07-05-2012, 03:03 AM   #749
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Previously

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Quote:
The Baxter Building

In the white void that was the virtual reality space, the four scientists were gathered around a table while charts, graphs, and videos floated around them.

"That is it!" Werner Heisenberg shouted, slamming his fist into the table. "I refuse to work with this man a second longer!"

"What is the matter?" Albert Einstein asked with an arched eyebrow. "Afraid my brilliance will rub off on you, Werner?"

"What brilliance, patent clerk?!" Heisenberg roared.

"Do you know how much a patent clerk makes?!"

"Gentlemen," Stephen Hawking said, coming between the two men. "You were both two of the most brilliant men of the past 100 years, that is without a doubt. But please, put aside the egos and help Doctor Richards with his problems. Together, the four of us can do anything. Right, Reed?"

"Hmm?" Reed asked, looking up from the algorithm he was working on. "Yes, exactly what Stephen said. If the three of you would turn your eyes above us, I think I may have a broad plan."

Above the four men, a complex series of numbers and formulas passed by.

"It's obvious that the key to getting Flash home relies on two things: His incredible speed and the vibrational frequency on which his body is tuned. His whole universe is tuned to that same frequency, in much the same way ours is tuned to our current universe."

The display above them changed to two bubbles, both bubbles spaced a few feet apart from each other. "The bubble on the left is our world, the one on the left is his world. If we can replicate the frequency of Flash's world and shoot it out into the multiverse, that signal will work as a homing beacon."

A signal line shot out of bubble on the left, traveling across the void to the other bubble. "It's his anchor. His way to get back."

"But the problem is the travel," Einstein said. "A wormhole brought him here. Do you plan to recreate another wormhole to send him back?"

"A wormhole could be too unstable," Heisenberg said. "And this beacon could put him in his world yes, but not back on Earth."

"That's why we use Flash himself to stabilize it. He is capable of generating speeds that are transluminal. We use his speed and kinetic energy as an engine, powering himself to relative speeds, upon which the beacon will shoot out across the multiverse and latch on to the signal of his home universe. The beacon will act as a ferry, moving him across time-space. He'll be in place, but the world around him will move and shift until he's there."

"Brilliant," Hawking said under his breath. "And exactly how do you plan to harness his energy?"

The picture above them shifted, this time to a blueprint of a device with a large track and control panel.

"I was thinking of a treadmill..."

The Baxter Building

With a pneumatic hiss, the sealed door to Reed's lab opened and swung open. Reed's lanky form came running out the door, sliding across the polished floor and pumping his fist in triumph. "I've got it!" He shouted. "We figured out how to get Flash home..."

He looked around, noticing that he was alone in the hallway. With an arched eyebrow, Reed stretched his neck down the corridor towards the living quarters.

"What's going on?" He asked as his head appeared around the corner. Sue and Ben were congregating around the console mounted on the wall.

"Watching a live feed from Johnny's FF badge."

"He, Flash, and another superhero are fighting a very large woman in the Diamond District."

"Shame she ain't on our side. Always had a thing for redheads."

"I'll get the Fantasticar ready, and we'll head over for backup--"

Reed was cut short as the foundation of the Baxter Building shook slightly, sending tremors across the whole building.

"Hold on a minute," he said. The rest of his body caught up to his neck, retracting and catching up to his head. "What was that? Computer, run a diagnostic scan."

"Waddaya need a computer for?"Ben grumbled, looking out the window."Use yer eyes!"

Reed and Sue looked out the window below. Two large men were currently fighting on the street and one of them had knocked a chuck off the Baxter Building.

"Looks ta me like two bums destroying our property."

"Diagnostic scan complete," the computer announced. "Minor structural damage incurred by unknown assailants."

"Exactly what I said!""C'mon," Sue said, creating an invisible platform beneath their feet. They began to rise into the air. With a flick of her wrist, the window opened up and the three of them floated towards the ground. "We're getting down to the bottom of this."

The two men continued to fight, unaware of the three Fantastic Four members floating above them. The one with the hammer swung wildly at his foe.

"Excuse me," Sue said from above. Both men looked up and saw her being flanked by Reed and Ben. "I'm Susan Storm-Richards of the Fantastic Four and I would ask that you please cease and desist now or suffer the consequences."

"What the lady means," Ben said, cracking his rocky knuckles."Is 'Stop breaking out stuff before we have ta break yer faces."

Below The Bible Belt
Old 07-05-2012, 04:46 AM   #750
bkhedr
Man of Mayhem

The two gods glance at each other "Is she threatening us?" Hercules asks

"T'would appear so." Thor says while looking around and realizing the extent of the damage his brawl with Hercules is causing "And methinks she is right to do so."

Thor takes a step forward and raises his voice "Mrs. Richards, I am Thor Odinson, this is Hercules, Son of Zeus." He adds, gesturing towards Hercules who blows a kiss at Susan. "Please accept our apologies."

"Aye" Hercules says as he too steps forward and claps Thor on the back so hard that the Thunderer's helmet slides forward awkwardly on his head. It is a playful, if overly aggressive gesture, typical of him. "I was just in the middle of teaching my blonde inferior a lesson about Olympian superiority when-"

"Olympian superiority?" Thor says as he slaps Hercules' arm away "What, by all the gods makes you so superior?"

"Why our strength, our courage, our charm...." Hercules begins counting on his fingers

Thor rolls his eyes and turns his attention back to Susan "Once again milady, our apologies." He pauses then adds "If I may ask, how did a mortal of Midgard such as yourself acquire a rock troll for a companion?"

"Tsk. Silly Asgardian, that's no rock troll." Hercules says knowingly "He's obviously some kind of giant." He looks at Susan "I can crush him for you if you would like beautiful one."

"Kneel before Zod!"