Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 06:24 AM   #26
Thundarr
Side-Kick

Default Re: Grayskull: Masters of the Universe - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR-PUFF&STUFF View Post
i would start with the king and queen killed and skelitor taking over. Adam is raised by a group of nomads as He-Man when the Skelitor starts to make a move on grayskull the sorceress sends the Man of Arms to find him and bring him to the to her. he is trained how to use the sword and told about his family history.
Ummmmm . . . no.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #27
Panthro
Catman Begins

Have to agree with Thundarr.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 11-25-2011, 02:03 PM   #28
kickass
Side-Kick

I hope if they do make this movie they include Orko and not ham him up. Obviously he's comedy relief, but I hope it wuldn't be done in a silly 4 year old way. Orko was extremely powerful, he just couldn't control his power which resulted in a lot of.........uh.........accidents lol.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:08 PM   #29
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
i would start with the king and queen killed and skelitor taking over. Adam is raised by a group of nomads as He-Man when the Skelitor starts to make a move on grayskull the sorceress sends the Man of Arms to find him and bring him to the to her. he is trained how to use the sword and told about his family history.
umm what no just simply no

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 11-25-2011, 05:18 PM   #30
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick

can you guys at least say why you don't like my idea. can anyone here say that you want to see the secret id and camp of the cartoon in the movie. the cartoon was just a watered down version of the comics anyways.

Last edited by HR-PUFF&STUFF; 11-25-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:48 AM   #31
cronosred
Side-Kick

Quote:
can you guys at least say why you don't like my idea. can anyone here say that you want to see the secret id and camp of the cartoon in the movie. the cartoon was just a watered down version of the comics anyways.
1. When it comes to He-man there are two fan groups the one's who like the mini comics and those who like the cartoons, I like the cartoons so I would want a movie to be closer to them.

2. We already had a movie without the king, queen, or secret identity, now it's time to have one with them, IMO.

Old 11-26-2011, 03:10 AM   #32
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

You need He-Man and the transformation IMHO. Those are essential elements.

- CM Punk
Old 11-26-2011, 03:33 AM   #33
cronosred
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
You need He-Man and the transformation IMHO. Those are essential elements.
I agree, when I was a kid that was my favorite part of the show and I think if it's done as well as the original show it would help attract alot of new kids to the property. Every time I watch Thor's transformation scene it always reminds me of He-Man and makes me wish they would get moving on this movie already.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:15 AM   #34
Airwings
Waves of air

The transformation has to be there. End of story

Old 12-04-2011, 06:58 AM   #35
obin_gam
Side-Kick

I could go along with another He-Man flick, but only if The Dolph makes a cameo.

- Gene Wilder
Old 12-04-2011, 07:16 AM   #36
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
because its taken away the whole core of the property, you may not like the show, but it is the established canon, even the mini comics changed to reflect that, plus the concept you came up with changes the ideals, motivation and backstory of every character

the whole barbarian aspect was used in 2 maybe 3 comics and thats it.
hell even the new bio on the classic figures have established the character seen in the first mini comics wasn't adam but one of the many people who used the power sword to become he-man

personally i'd base it on the look of the classics with the back story of 200x, mixed with the current bios

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
Old 12-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #37
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Grayskull: Masters of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulk24 View Post
Here is my idea, It's pretty much like the newer show.
Eternia, a futuristic yet medieval culture. It's king believes in piece but rules by a strong hand. His sorcerer wants control of his kindom but when found out by his treason a curse is put upon him by the ancient sorceress of grayskull castle, That because he is so evil he shall show his true face so that anyone who sees him will know his heart is dead like his soul. After the curse he is banished to the deadlands of eternia as a prison sentence. Skip ahead 15 years a boy who is shy but with a heart of gold is sword training with his teacher. He is very reluctant to be offensive but is a great swordsman. The boy is Adam Prince of Eternia. It is his birthday the king gives him a beast named cringer a trained protector and pet only meant for loyalty this cat is gentle and very loyal but nasty when provoked. The king's most loyal general Man At Arms also has a present for Adam The Sword Of GraySkull. Lengend says it brings out the best in the bearer who weilds it. Upon recieving the sword the sorceress recites the chant By the Power Of Grayskull show me what lies in his heart as the vision happens the sword takes over Adam His clothes turning into smoke and then into armor his body Growing at a rapid pace the boy then turns into a man a HeMan(heymaan) an ancient warrior once known to eternia as a savior and prophet athat was fortold after he died his soul would be reincarnated into a chosen one when an ancient evil would arise to take over eternia. He-Man Then Grabs the sword And yells BY The POWER OF GRAYSKULL! the energy and magic and reinvigerates the soul of adam I HAVE THE POWER! He then colapses and is turned back into Prince Adam. He is told of skeletor The ever sorcerer. And later on the kindom is attacked by skeletors forces and the battle begins between heman and the skeletor.
this is cool except for the public knowledge of Adam as He-Man. If that was the case then he might as well be He-Man always like in the mini-comics.

I remember as a kid reading those mini comics FAITHFULLY. and when i first saw a commercial for TAS, i saw him saying "I HAVE THE POWER" i was OVER EXCITED. I believed that was just what Heman would say when combining both halves of the Power Sword.

well...imagine my disdain when i saw the actual cartoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #38
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Quote:
even thought He-man is a slight rip of Conan, this plot is an OBVIOUS rip.
i mean its NOT a bad idea dude, just not an idea for He-Man.

The reason I am against the cartoon take (even though i enjoyed the last remake) is because the power sword is reduced to a light switch. The legend of its power is reduced to nothing but a channel to change Adam into He-Man.
the Mini Comics told a story of TWO halves of the power sword and a struggle to gain both halves to enter grayskull.

but *shrugs* as big as a fan of the mini comics as I am and im certain a lot more are, the 80s cartoon is what people remember and thats whats going to have the most influence.

i will go cry now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.

Last edited by gkokujin; 12-04-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #39
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post
even thought He-man is a slight rip of Conan, this plot is an OBVIOUS rip.
i mean its NOT a bad idea dude, just not an idea for He-Man.

The reason I am against the cartoon take (even though i enjoyed the last remake) is because the power sword is reduced to a light switch. The legend of its power is reduced to nothing but a channel to change Adam into He-Man.
the Mini Comics told a story of TWO halves of the power sword and a struggle to gain both halves to enter grayskull.

but *shrugs* as big as a fan of the mini comics as I am and im certain a lot more are, the 80s cartoon is what people remember and thats whats going to have the most influence.

i will go cry now.

which is why you should check out the new bios on the new collectors toys, it combines both stories and makes it work

Old 12-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #40
Airwings
Waves of air

I think it would give the film some depth if King Randor is going up against Skeletor in the final battle, or atleast be involved. And not be a weak whimp, but manage to pull off a great fight.
They have a family connection and it should not be over-looked.

Maybe each of the henchmen have a counterpart on the good side, too.
I see it as Teela vs Evil-Lyn, Man-At-Arms vs Tri-Klops, Fisto vs Whiplash (or Jitsu).

Old 02-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #41
B.A. Baracus
Side-Kick

Not quite movie news, MOTU Mockumentary-

Part one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mn9ihu-QyE

Part two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkViZUvQ0y4

Both around 4 minutes long.

Go on check it out, its only a minute and a half.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #42
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

The original script for this was AMAZING, but sadly sadly due to disputes it's unlikely that this film will get made.

Just a lot of disagreements on where to take the property.

For those wondering as per, at least as far as I know about the disputes, the company who owns the property is unsure whether to take a more fantasy or grounded approach to it.

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 02-22-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #43
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

If John Carter ends up being successful(and maybe even better yet if Wrath of The Titans does as well), maybe that will catapult this project to a more fruitional phase. Although I would think the success of Thor and Transformers should be a sort of encouragement already.

Last edited by rogue trooper; 02-22-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #44
B.A. Baracus
Side-Kick

Thats what i thought when the first transformers wilm was released, if a toy movie can be huge its gotta push the studio behinf MOTU to get it made, 5 years later, still no movie. I'm honestly not sure what it will take to get this movie out there.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #45
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
The original script for this was AMAZING, but sadly sadly due to disputes it's unlikely that this film will get made.

Just a lot of disagreements on where to take the property.

For those wondering as per, at least as far as I know about the disputes, the company who owns the property is unsure whether to take a more fantasy or grounded approach to it.

Which original script? The two I read that were written while it was at Warner Bros. were not very good.

- CM Punk
Old 02-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #46
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

Re: Baracus

...yeah, it really shouldn't be that inconcievable to make this thing.

Last edited by rogue trooper; 02-22-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #47
B.A. Baracus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue trooper View Post
...yeah, and not to mention the new G.I Joe coming out.
Exactly, Hasbro really has their finger on the pulse with transformers, GI Joe and battlship movies (along with upcoming monopoly).

Mattel is really behind, the proof is there that people will flock to see movies based on toys, i just dont think they are pushing hard enough. Not a great business move.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #48
B.A. Baracus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Which original script? The two I read that were written while it was at Warner Bros. were not very good.

What was the plot, can't have been worse than the script for MOTU 2.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #49
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Yeah, the ones over at WB - I liked how it went into the history and how everyone became who they are, it kind of reminded me of a more intense action-packed 'Wicked' in that sense. But the main thing is is the key company wanted something more family friendly whereas WB wanted something more grounded.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #50
Panthro
Catman Begins

The way things have been going lately for movies based on old 80s cartoons I have expect to see MOTU turned into a horrible action comedy starring Will Ferrell as He-Man, Seth Rogen as Skeletor, Jonah Hill as Ram-Man, Russell Brand as Hordak and God knows who as Evil-Lynn.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Closed Thread