Hellion
He's Not Serious

Default Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
Demitri (To promote the new DS game)
Is there a new game ?

as far as characters...
I'd like all X-Character's from MVC2 to return, plus Jubilee (who was an assist in MVC1) to be playable, more DarkStalkers characters (Demitri, Jedah, Bulleta/BB Hood)...and Poison.

Last edited by Hellion; 01-31-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:21 AM   #252
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Carnage View Post
Spidey needs a new mother****ing move is what Spidey needs.

The fact that Magneto, Spencer, Dante, Wesker, all get something new from the MVC3 to UMVC3 transition and Spidey got his Webzip improved was ridiculous.

And why has he never had a Spider-Sense move is any of these games? Wolverine can for some reason call upon a speed boost out of nowhere and project an X shaped energy attack (Seriously... can anyone explain that?) but perhaps Spider-Mans biggest asset, has never been focused on.

Anyway, I'm glad about Marvel Vs Capcom Origins if only for Marvel Super Heroes. Because, as someone mentioned elsewhere, MVC2 was supposedly released to gauge to popularity of MVC3. So, hopefully is MVCO sells well, we might get a MSH2. Which would be great. I'm sick to Tag Team Fighers, I want to kick but buttocks one on one.
I completely agree about Spider-Man! I took for granted that they'd include the Spider-Sense as some kind of counter ability but nope, didn't happen.

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #253
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 are being removed from Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network stores—both their digital versions and their DLC. Tuesday is the last day PSN subscribers in North America can get DLC for the game; Thursday is the last day in Europe. Dec. 26 is the deadline, worldwide, for Xbox Live.
Source

I still didn't buy UMvC3, but looks like I'll have to buy some of the DLC, or I'll never get UDON Taskmaster.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #254
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Damn. Guess that means no MvC4 in the near future.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #255
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Why on Earth would they do that?

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #256
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm reading that Marvel/Disney didn't renew their contract with Capcom so now Capcom has to do this.

Unfortunate.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #257
venom892
Got Lucky

Same thing happened with the MUA2 DLC. I never got to get those characters.

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
venom892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #258
Havok83
Side-Kick

Good. Here's hoping its bc Disney has plans for them. Can Marvel vs DC made by NRS be far behind?

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #259
Tron Bonne
There's Evil Here. Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Good. Here's hoping its bc Disney has plans for them. Can Marvel vs DC made by NRS be far behind?
I'm sure Disney has plans, but it's probably not the plans you hope. I think Disney has more or less been moving away from the traditional AAA type of games (which they never had a huge amount of anyway). My guess would be a Disney Infinity type of deal that they can milk for years upon years. Plus mobile, baby, mobile.

As far as Marvel vs DC, I don't see how this plays into that idea at all?

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #260
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
I'm sure Disney has plans, but it's probably not the plans you hope. I think Disney has more or less been moving away from the traditional AAA type of games (which they never had a huge amount of anyway). My guess would be a Disney Infinity type of deal that they can milk for years upon years. Plus mobile, baby, mobile.

As far as Marvel vs DC, I don't see how this plays into that idea at all?
Marvel's deal with Capcom never prevented them from doing this. Disney owns the Marvel characters and could always have done an Infinity type game since they never licensed that out to anyone. Also, they already have several games in the mobile space. Capcom's license was to make fighters. Hence why Gazillion is able to make the MMO, Marvel Heroes and Activision has several different licenses for 3rd person action titles. The end of this parternship with Capcom means someone else can now make a fighting game featuring these characters. Will we get one? Who knows, but it definetly seems more likely now than it did prior to this news

Old 12-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #261
Nathan

Say, was UMvC3 never offered digitally on the US PSN, or was it already taken off?

Old 12-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #262
Nathan

Never mind, I'm reading here the game was already taken off PSN on December 1st.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #263
zeptron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Marvel and DC already have trouble getting along well enough to do crossover comics. Them doing a video game together is even more unlikely. And I don't think WB and Disney are exactly on good terms either.

If by some slim chance a game like that ever gets announced, I guarantee that flame wars between comic fans would erupt all over the internet with people ranting and raving about which side is better and which characters would actually win in a fight.

zeptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #264
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

I have no interest in that kind of game, but I'm all for a fighter just with Marvel characters.

Jick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #265
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

I would love a well done Marvel vs. DC fighting game. Screw the haters.

AndrewGilkison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #266
Nathan

Well, I've got my UDON Taskmaster now. Now I just need to some day get my hands on a copy of UMvC3.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #267
GekigangerV
Side-Kick

Quote:
Considering LEGO Marvel Superheroes is published by WB, it isn't too far out there to think they might try to get NRS to do something.

GekigangerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #268
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeptron View Post
Marvel and DC already have trouble getting along well enough to do crossover comics. Them doing a video game together is even more unlikely. And I don't think WB and Disney are exactly on good terms either.

If by some slim chance a game like that ever gets announced, I guarantee that flame wars between comic fans would erupt all over the internet with people ranting and raving about which side is better and which characters would actually win in a fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GekigangerV View Post
Considering LEGO Marvel Superheroes is published by WB, it isn't too far out there to think they might try to get NRS to do something.
and Geki makes a good point right here. I forgot about the Lego game

Old 12-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #269
zeptron
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
I have no interest in that kind of game, but I'm all for a fighter just with Marvel characters.
Same here. The only all Marvel fighting game we had that represented different corners of the MU and not just X-men was Marvel Superheroes. If Capcom hadn't lost the license, I would have liked them to do a sequel to that. They could have just ported over the 25 Marvel characters from UMVC3 and put in about 25 more. That way there would be more room for more Marvel favorites as it wouldn't have Capcom characters taking up spots.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #270
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Quote:
Marvel's deal with Capcom never prevented them from doing this. Disney owns the Marvel characters and could always have done an Infinity type game since they never licensed that out to anyone. Also, they already have several games in the mobile space. Capcom's license was to make fighters. Hence why Gazillion is able to make the MMO, Marvel Heroes and Activision has several different licenses for 3rd person action titles. The end of this parternship with Capcom means someone else can now make a fighting game featuring these characters. Will we get one? Who knows, but it definetly seems more likely now than it did prior to this news
This happened back in the day with MvC2. I think Capcom will get the rights to make MvC4 when they feel ready, probably sometime after SF5 (whenever that is).

I don't see NRS getting the Marvel rights. They have MK & DC to worry about. I don't see WB letting one of their companies make a game about the competition instead of one of their own franchises. Lego Marvel was a special case because Lego isn't owned by WB (just Traveller's Tales).

I think we won't be seeing another Marvel fighting game until Capcom is ready to make MvC4. :/

I, personally, think Disney should just buy Capcom. Disney & Marvel have had success with Capcom (MvC, Duck Tales, Chip n Dale, Darkwing Duck, etc...), Disney needs a video game studio to compete with WB Games (Disney Interactive sucks & Disney knows it, or else they wouldn't have let EA get the SW license) & some of Capcom's franchises would fit right in with what Disney already owns.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #271
zeptron
Side-Kick

Quote:
and Geki makes a good point right here. I forgot about the Lego game

That is a fair point, but there's also too many egos, lawyers, and companies involved. To make a Marvel vs DC comic, you basically just have to have Marvel and DC on board. To make a Marvel vs DC fighting game, you'd need Marvel and DC, and WB and whomever, and everyone would have to agree on who gets in the game, what company gets to make it, who the story will favour, etc. etc., blah blah.

They would have a massive amount of things to work out, like who'd be in it? Obviously it'd have Wolverine, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman Spider-man and the Hulk along with the other A-listers, but beyond that, who do they add? Both have hundreds of characters with massive fanbases, but a limited amount of space. So obviously not everyone's favorite character would make the cut.

You think roster complaints for MVC3 and Injustice were bad? Just think of this game were made. The roster would have to be no less than 100 to please anybody. Then the arguing over how it should play and who should make it. And silly character arguments like, how would most of the Marvel cast be able to fight against Superman?

Old 12-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #272
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeptron View Post
That is a fair point, but there's also too many egos, lawyers, and companies involved. To make a Marvel vs DC comic, you basically just have to have Marvel and DC on board. To make a Marvel vs DC fighting game, you'd need Marvel and DC, and WB and whomever, and everyone would have to agree on who gets in the game, what company gets to make it, who the story will favour, etc. etc., blah blah.

They would have a massive amount of things to work out, like who'd be in it? Obviously it'd have Wolverine, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman Spider-man and the Hulk along with the other A-listers, but beyond that, who do they add? Both have hundreds of characters with massive fanbases, but a limited amount of space. So obviously not everyone's favorite character would make the cut.

You think roster complaints for MVC3 and Injustice were bad? Just think of this game were made. The roster would have to be no less than 100 to please anybody. Then the arguing over how it should play and who should make it. And silly character arguments like, how would most of the Marvel cast be able to fight against Superman?
I don't see the issue with that. There will always be fan complaints regardless of what is done. As you mention, there were fan complaints with Injustice's roster just as there was with MuA. That's never a reason to avoid making a product.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #273
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GekigangerV View Post
That's the first thing that popped up in my mind. Disney clearly has no problem with WB Games making games with the Marvel characters. And Netherrealm Studios is the best fighting developer in the industry which would allow Marvel to get some good exposure as opposed to the crap that they have been shelling out.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #274
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
This happened back in the day with MvC2. I think Capcom will get the rights to make MvC4 when they feel ready, probably sometime after SF5 (whenever that is).
After the way Capcom treated Street Fighter IV and Marvel vs. Capcom 3, I'm not really caring about a new Marvel vs. Capcom game.

Quote:
I don't see NRS getting the Marvel rights. They have MK & DC to worry about. I don't see WB letting one of their companies make a game about the competition instead of one of their own franchises. Lego Marvel was a special case because Lego isn't owned by WB (just Traveller's Tales).
I see it as doable. A Marvel vs. DC game is only a win-win for DC, Marvel, Disney, and Warner Bros. This isn't about competition, this is about hyping up a product for which there is massive demand and tons of people will buy it. And it will be a good product if Netherrealm Studios makes it.

Quote:
I, personally, think Disney should just buy Capcom. Disney & Marvel have had success with Capcom (MvC, Duck Tales, Chip n Dale, Darkwing Duck, etc...), Disney needs a video game studio to compete with WB Games (Disney Interactive sucks & Disney knows it, or else they wouldn't have let EA get the SW license) & some of Capcom's franchises would fit right in with what Disney already owns.
Disney doesn't need to compete with WB Games. As a matter in fact, their current strategy has been to downscale Disney Interactive to primarily being a mobile publisher. After the failure of high-profile games such as Tron: Evolution, Turok, and Epic Mickey and the success of Club Penguin and Where's My Water? Disney doesn't care about making AAA high profile games anymore the way WB Games is.

Instead they will just license their top tier IPs like Star Wars and Marvel to extremely talented developers, focus on Disney-esque games with Disney Interactive (like Disney Infinity) for consoles and primarily social and mobile games.

And if Disney does decide to get back into the AAA game. They'll just acquire a AAA publisher with a rich library of IPs already lined up. They would acquire a publisher like Electronic Arts where EA Sports would compliment their ESPN brand, they already develop games for the Star Wars license, the PopCap games of Bejeweled and Plants vs. Zombies fit well with Disney's mobile IPs, they have a rich line-up of IPs like the Sims, Dead Space, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge, Battlefield, and Command & Conquer to exploit, and they have great talent attached.

A company like EA is much better than a Japanese publisher that is in decline in both influence and talent.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #275
zeptron
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't see the issue with that. There will always be fan complaints regardless of what is done. As you mention, there were fan complaints with Injustice's roster just as there was with MuA. That's never a reason to avoid making a product.
There's also what I said in the first paragraph about egos and the companies involved. It'd be a logistical nightmare. The companies may be willing to do it because it makes financial sense. The issue is the logistics. What company will make the game? Marvel may not want NRS to do it and another company would need to pay for the license for both companies making it pretty expensive up front. Each company would also want a lot of creative control when they do sell the license. When Capcom had the Marvel license they made it clear that Marvel was a pain to deal with and Marvel is why they haven't done a lot of things like a balance update and the lack of fan favorites such as Cyclops, Gambit, and Venom.

It COULD happen if everything went perfectly and nobody let their egos get in the way, but I wouldn't hold my breath.