Stryker 1 1.92%
The Shadow King 1 1.92%
Other: please specify 1 1.92%
Omega Red 2 3.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #26
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: Villain/s for First Class sequel?

I wouldn't mind seeing Mister Sinster and The Phalanx. Sinster would be a scientist working for the U.S Goverment who has a intrest in the newly discovered mutants he creates a Techno organic virus which the goverment hopes to use to combat mutants.

The virus breaks out infecting humans and like the comics becomes a sentient hive mind.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #27
Angamb
Banned User

I think the sequel shouldnt repeat the same formula than FC, having one mutant as the main villain.

They should try to give us something new, since we have had 4 x-men movies previously.

Its time for a little twist.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #28
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

Expand the Hellfire Club and show it was much larger than Shaw and his henchman in FC

Thank you for your vote, Hellion. (now I'd vote for you! :) )
Hellion...Sagittarius...half man, half horse.
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #29
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I am really hoping to see The Bortherhood launch very public attacks on Humanity.Look at action sequences In first Class.Vaughn could go crazy with them attacking soldiers.
Perhpaes with the vietnam war as a backdrop.And we could have some cool X-men VS Brotherhood action.They could pay tribute to 1960's Comics with that.But,keep Magneto the more Intresting character he became later.Magneto has only been true villian of 2 films.X-Men and Last Stand.He was secondary villain of X2.And with all the budget Limitians them had doing X-Men you really weren't able to see go full on In attacking humanity.Vaughn and Singer want to Ignore The Last Stand as much as possable.Vaughn
can do a much better written attack.Of course he can do anything better than Brett Ratner.It would also be Ironic by having Magneto help bring Mutants Into public eye.
Having Brotherhood as main threat would allow to go Into relationships between Magneto and Emma(she may want to replace being Shaw's top right hand and girlfriend with being Magneto's right hand girl) and Mystque and Azarel(If they have them get together to give birth to Nightcrawler this would be time to do It)

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #30
Drefan21
Side-Kick

I would like to see Sinister, but Shaw ctually was alot like him. But in my opinion Sinister donīt work without Cyclops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^Thats true, but Cyclops doesnt necessarily have to be involved with Sinister in the film universe, they could use Havoc for that purpose.
I would be pissed if they write Havok in Cyclops role .

Drefan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #31
Figs
Banned User

I wonder if Vaughn is going to stick to what he said in this past interview.

http://www.movie-moron.com/?p=16270

Quote:
Meanwhile, First Class director Matthew Vaughn has stated “We will only have one more new character [in an X-Men: First Class sequel]. I won’t say who he…I won’t say who he or she is! …As Professor X is in a wheelchair, Magneto needs to have a nemesis he can fight with. Someone that will be his equal. I know who it is. It would be nice if I could say something, but I can’t.”

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #32
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quentin Quire would be an interesting one for that then.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #33
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Sinister is a possibility. Having learned of the existence of mutants (and already being obsessed with human enhancement, perhaps as a government military official), he would want to capture and study mutants and then experiment on them and himself. His genetic modifications of his body would give him abilities of some kind. It would be a little like Stryker, except Sinister doesn't want to destroy mutants, and it might be a little like the movie version of Shaw, who (like the comics version of Sinister) was around during the war and experimenting on mutants. Those would be the problems in bringing the character to the film franchise.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #34
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I wonder if Vaughn is going to stick to what he said in this past interview.

http://www.movie-moron.com/?p=16270
I still think that this "bring just one new character" is b.s. They would be crazy not to bring a girl into the X-team (especially considering that there was a lot of criticism regarding the weak female characters in FC) and then the new villain(s). I'm 99% certain it won't be just one new character.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #35
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
I still think that this "bring just one new character" is b.s. They would be crazy not to bring a girl into the X-team (especially considering that there was a lot of criticism regarding the weak female characters in FC) and then the new villain(s). I'm 99% certain it won't be just one new character.
I'm betting on Storm being in the sequel. She's a character popular with the audience, she's a woman, and she'll add some diversity to the X-team.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #36
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I hope Storm isn't the new team member. I'd like Scott first out of the old group.

Magma would be a nice new, international, female team-member with a cool power.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #37
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

EDIT - Double post

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:11 AM   #38
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I want Mr. Sinister

Professor X and Magneto should still work with each other even though they already separated ways.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #39
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Agreed, I hope they follow what X2 did with them having to team up to tackle a threat to both of them.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:52 AM   #40
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

I wouldn't mind a semi-realistic Sinister, though, as others have said, he would likely be a mixture of film Stryker and film Shaw, so I don't think it's the best way to go. They could go the young William Stryker route. Magneto could go to the CIA headquarters, kill Stryker's father since he was partially responsible for what happened against the mutants, and, particularly Charles, at Cuba. Afterall, First Class did end with Magneto only a few floors beneath the eldest Stryker. And Stryker would send his son Jason to Xavier's to get help after tormenting he and his wife. Jason, not improving with the aid of Xavier, is sent home (or removed by his father,) only to kill his mother. These actions could send William over the edge, spawning the first Sentinel. And we all know that's what he was working on before he died in X2, as evidenced by his computer files and, likely, the folder handed to the President at the end of the film. But we all have a fairly good idea this sequel will still be about Erik and Charles. I would personally like to see Erik ask Charles to help him find someone via Cerebro. However, Cerebro hasn't been built in the mansion, but Beast has a blueprint for an even more advanced version of the machine. Erik agrees to help build it (a la the modern Cerebro, or something close to it,) in return for Charles' help seeking out Erik's person of interest. This would give them a few weeks to be reacquainted, which would be nifty. But who would it be that Erik's seeking? Well, I think it could be one person, two people or the combined three. The first could be Raven, who ran away from him because she's secretly pregnant from a very much unwanted incident with Azazel. From there a whole bunch of things could happen. Xavier could lie to Magneto, even though he does find her, telepathically learns she's pregnant and convinces her to return to the Mansion after Magneto's left so that she can have a safe birth. Or, the other people Erik could be looking for are his twin children that he abandoned on his mission to find Shaw. Xavier could realize Magneto's plans to manipulate his children and other young mutants into joining his Brotherhood and causing mayhem. I don't know, just some story ideas I've had brewing. All of them could lead into the action-clad transformation from separated friends to solid enemies. As for villains, I think they should be familiar; Magneto, Emma, Stryker, etc... I don't really see a point in introducing new villains when there are tons of great characters already that can be expanded upon. Magneto and humanity have always been the core struggles of the X-Men since the very first comic. And it's been successful for fifty years! I wouldn't mind continuing the tradition in the next film.

You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.

Last edited by The Original Bamfer; 02-10-2012 at 02:56 AM.
The Original Bamfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:41 AM   #41
BMM
Side-Kick

Good ideas, but I don't think I can take anymore Stryker, at least not as the main villain. He's already occupied that role twice, and I don't think there's much more to explore other than actually showing what we already know about his past from X2 and X-Men Origins. Besides, after the events of First Class, surely they don't need Stryker's family problems as impetus to spawn sentinels.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:49 AM   #42
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Stryker needs a vacation. However, a human villain would make sense, especially in light of how the last movie ended. Perhaps a human who wants mutant powers himself? As opposed to hating them, envying them.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:23 AM   #43
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Good ideas, but I don't think I can take anymore Stryker, at least not as the main villain. He's already occupied that role twice, and I don't think there's much more to explore other than actually showing what we already know about his past from X2 and X-Men Origins. Besides, after the events of First Class, surely they don't need Stryker's family problems as impetus to spawn sentinels.
As I've bellowed many times before, I don't consider Origins part of my personal continuity, haha, but looking at the entire franchise as a whole, which most do, I would agree that he's had his fair share. On the argument that his family wouldn't be a good reason to send him into mutant-hating hysteria, well, what would be more pressing than one's family? His father is one of the first people to know of the existence of mutants and to feel threatened by them, which could very likely result in him instilling those beliefs into William. And then to have a mutant son that does little other than create torturous illusions that mentally traumatize his parents, but can't be tamed by the most powerful telepath in the world, which results in the suicide of his own mother... that'd be more than enough to make me invent mutant-hunting robots.

But I agree that, in First Class and X2, we got enough of Willie-boy's story to be satisfied. I just wouldn't mind him appearing again, as maybe a minor character, and having Jason be a minor villain as he tortures the first set of actual students at Xavier's, which would also provide Charles a new struggle; how does he keep his students safe from one-another? And, if they went that route, Jason's arc could end with him leaving the school and then simply seeing the result on, say, a news report. Maybe show William and a rebooted Trask working on plans for something at the very end of the film as a lead-in to the next installment.

But the story should be focused on Erik and Charles, with them both becoming enemies by the near-end of the film. That's why I don't think we need a new villain; we have all we need to make a great story. And that's what the film should rely on - character-driven story, like all the X-Films have before it... despite some failing.

You've made clear your supposed hatred for drama here through your countless meltdowns, yet, on the other hand, it seems your favorite forum past-time is being the most dramatic two-faced person here. Pick up some Prozac, a real hobby and a life.
The Original Bamfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #44
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
I wouldn't mind a semi-realistic Sinister, though, as others have said, he would likely be a mixture of film Stryker and film Shaw, so I don't think it's the best way to go. They could go the young William Stryker route. Magneto could go to the CIA headquarters, kill Stryker's father since he was partially responsible for what happened against the mutants, and, particularly Charles, at Cuba. Afterall, First Class did end with Magneto only a few floors beneath the eldest Stryker. And Stryker would send his son Jason to Xavier's to get help after tormenting he and his wife. Jason, not improving with the aid of Xavier, is sent home (or removed by his father,) only to kill his mother. These actions could send William over the edge, spawning the first Sentinel. And we all know that's what he was working on before he died in X2, as evidenced by his computer files and, likely, the folder handed to the President at the end of the film. But we all have a fairly good idea this sequel will still be about Erik and Charles. I would personally like to see Erik ask Charles to help him find someone via Cerebro. However, Cerebro hasn't been built in the mansion, but Beast has a blueprint for an even more advanced version of the machine. Erik agrees to help build it (a la the modern Cerebro, or something close to it,) in return for Charles' help seeking out Erik's person of interest. This would give them a few weeks to be reacquainted, which would be nifty. But who would it be that Erik's seeking? Well, I think it could be one person, two people or the combined three. The first could be Raven, who ran away from him because she's secretly pregnant from a very much unwanted incident with Azazel. From there a whole bunch of things could happen. Xavier could lie to Magneto, even though he does find her, telepathically learns she's pregnant and convinces her to return to the Mansion after Magneto's left so that she can have a safe birth. Or, the other people Erik could be looking for are his twin children that he abandoned on his mission to find Shaw. Xavier could realize Magneto's plans to manipulate his children and other young mutants into joining his Brotherhood and causing mayhem. I don't know, just some story ideas I've had brewing. All of them could lead into the action-clad transformation from separated friends to solid enemies. As for villains, I think they should be familiar; Magneto, Emma, Stryker, etc... I don't really see a point in introducing new villains when there are tons of great characters already that can be expanded upon. Magneto and humanity have always been the core struggles of the X-Men since the very first comic. And it's been successful for fifty years! I wouldn't mind continuing the tradition in the next film.
Those ideas sound great and I wouldnt mind them going down this road, though I have to agree with BMM about Stryker, I think he has had enough exposure as a villain in these movies and dont really want to see him again. I think another Mutant or Sentinels being the bad guys would make sense to the fact that Charles and Erik team-up. I cant see a human villain being a big enough threat to make them team-up. And before you mention X2, Stryker did use mutants to help his plans come to fruition.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #45
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I'm a bit weary of Stryker too.

I think that the story/theme of First Class 2 should suggest the villain, rather than thinking of a villain and building the story around that person.

What story could the follow-up tell?

Possibilities include Charles's struggle to deal with his disability, which perhaps leads to Magneto returning to the school to help the X-Men (and building the new Cerebro while there). What would he be helping the X-Men to do? What are they going up against?

What about the Hellfire Club? In the comics it's a worldwide group - does it continue to be a threat in any way or aren't we seeing any more of it?

Also, what developments occur with the CIA and general government? They are aware of mutants and the threat they pose and the power some of them possess, what do they do next? Begin to develop counter-measures?

Old 02-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #46
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I think Sinister would be great villain, they could use that also to introduce Cyclops and Jean in a sequel as well.

I could see them expanding on the Hellfire Club as well. Maybe introducing Celine and Mastermind as the new leaders?

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #47
katie_girl09
All kinds of smexy.

Whoever it ends up being, just please don't let it be Magneto. I am so sick of him being one of/the main villain.

katie_girl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #48
SymbioticToxin
How do I Zord?

I just had a conversation about this the other day. I would like Sinister because, to me, it would make sense. Maybe Shaw had an assistant with his experiments in the camps (or a mentor, whatever you want) who took what he was doing and went to another level that repulsed Shaw. There was also the possibility of the Sentinels, which would make sense with Strykers' first 'attempt' to get rid of the mutants. This would force Charles and Erik to team their groups up (Like X2 but maybe better).

SymbioticToxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:52 AM   #49
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Add me to the list of those bored with the Stryker family.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:25 AM   #50
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Count me in that camp and the camp not wanting Mr Sinister.

At most have Stryker as a minor character working with Gyrich on Sentinels.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote